March 28, 2024, 08:58:37 AM

Author Topic: Rep Of Georgia vs France thread  (Read 2339 times)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rep Of Georgia vs France thread
« on: August 31, 2006, 04:16:28 AM »
Place all news, site for the game, rumours etc here.

Tbilisi News
August 29th 2006

Dinamo refurbished stadium ready fro the big game

The newly refurbished Dinamo Tbilisi stadium was opened to the media on  27th August.
The occasion was the official tour of the stadium by the Republic's President Mikhail Sakashvilli, the president of the Georgian Football Federation Mr Shota Greidishvilli, the president of club Dinamos Mr Lasha Hafenofze and other esteemed dignitaries.
During the tour Mr Greidishvilli explained the new improvements to the President.
1. Seating has been reduced from 80,000 to 60,000 because the stadium is now all seating with no standing room. However this reporter observed that the seats were in fact painted on to the concrete tiers and gave that illusion.

2. New lights that were tested and met international standards and also the mayor of Tbilisi has been alerted that because of this additional load on the grid , all non essential lighting will be blacked out when these lights are in service, special arrangements have been made to keep the hospital emergency toxicicology rooms operational.

3. The playing field that every Georgian should now be proud of and feel no fear in using it since the British army has successfully completed the mine clearing exercise. The President was shown the last mine that was removed which was placed in an glass enclosure inside the visiting teams changing rooms.

4. A new digital scoreboard which was donated by DELL laptop computers and also 120,000 disposable binoculars which was donated by Simpauls travel service (leftovers from the 2006 WC )

President Sakshvilli was then given a commemorative replica of the new stadium  which clearly had him moved since he immediately declared the monday after the game a public holiday.

French team almost had major shake up

27th August 2006  AP service

French coach Domenech after pursuing the reluctant Claude Makalele also attempted to recall Michel Platini and Eric Cantona.
Platini dismissed his request out of hand but Cantona was originally warming to idea of returning to national team play but was totally turned off after Domenech demanded that he shaved his beard.
After being rebuffed by the two former stars Domenech requested that the French football federation send off a letter to FIFA that the two men be disciplined by having them hold their breath for 3 mins for every international the French team played.
Domenech eventually withdrew his request after speaking to the moon for fifteen minutes.

In other news.

Jack Warner FIFA vice-president has warned that unless federations comply with the latest FIFA directive to have all travel arrangements placed through an obscure Caribbean travel agency named Sim.............

« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 08:33:42 AM by gonefishing »
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rep Of Georgia vs France thread
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 01:56:00 PM »
A new digital scoreboard which was donated by DELL laptop computers and also 120,000 disposable binoculars which was donated by Simpauls travel service (leftovers from the 2006 WC )

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 03:26:29 PM »
... the seats were in fact painted on to the concrete tiers and gave that illusion...

:rotfl: :rotfl:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 12:25:00 AM »
 I just found out the French team staying in my hotel.
 Ah going to see if ah could get some pics of de froggies.

Have a ticket to go to the game too but ah ent going last time ah went to ah game was Rep Of Ireland which Georgia lost , just before the game end man start to real spit on anybody that look foriegn... needless to say I was ah easy target. ;D ;D ;D

Blackman in ah green shirt.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 07:51:51 AM »
President Slams Soccer Federation Chief 

Georgian president rebuked the president of Georgia's Football Federation, Nodar Akhalkatsi for the inconvinience related with the sale of Georgia vs. France match tickets, which the federation failed to uproot.

Saakashvili warned Akhalkatsi at the ceremony of opening Boris Paichadze National Stadium on Wednesday evening by reminding him what happened to the previous president of  the Federation.

'We are familiar with international legislation and know that the government must not interfere in the activities of the football federation, however, we can create problems to the organization, which violates rights of our citizens. Tell Akhalkatsi, that I don't want to see people cheated,' Saakashvili said.

The previous president of the Federation, Merab Zhordania was arrested twice for various violations discovered in the organization and was released only after paying several millions to the state budget.

Doh feel is only in Trinidad have bacchanal.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 08:37:08 AM »
"3. The playing field that every Georgian should now be proud of and feel no fear in using it since the British army has successfully completed the mine clearing exercise"

....and like minefields all over the world dey does always miss one or two
You could imagine ah man just about to give ah sweet spanner and as he shake he get blow up  :-\
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 09:15:49 PM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 08:38:28 PM »
This just in from lequipe.com

Its official. Claude Makalele will play the entire match with a ball and chain to make sure that he does not run away from the game during a stoppage in play.

David Trezeguet, officially out injured, has actually been diagnosed with an allergic condition that affects his capacity to shoot on target while wearing any shirt that is red, blue or white.

The starting duo in attack will be Thierry Henry and Louis Saha. Despite their strong start to the season they are both convinced (like their respective clubs) that France will eventually lose out to another team that wears blue..

Starting lineup

Coupet
  Sagnol, Thuram, Gallas, Abidal
Ribéry, Vieira (cap.), Makelele, Malouda -
               Saha, Henry

In politics, French presidential candidate Jean Marie Le Pen expressed relief of the decision not to change the french football team nickname from the blues to the all blacks...

Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 10:13:20 PM »

In politics, French presidential candidate Jean Marie Le Pen expressed relief of the decision not to change the french football team nickname from the blues to the all blacks...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 10:04:02 AM »
match start and like that pitch ent see a lawnmower since the world cup qualifiers done
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 10:08:26 AM »
Malouda score a low bullet from outside the box 5th minute...

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2006, 10:19:20 AM »
Saha 17th minute...Ribery stole a pass in mf and make a nice run, split two defenders with a pass and saha hit from the left side to the right post...second assist from ribery

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2006, 10:48:31 AM »
goal by viera disallowed for offside just before half time. nice chest trap and volley at far post point blank off a free kick

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2006, 11:08:35 AM »
game just start back...georgia concede an own goal (mix up defender and keeper)
Right after georgia get a great stern turn special but coupet pull of a excellent save.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2006, 11:53:35 AM »
match nearly done...second half real disappointing with the exception of a georgia free kick off the crossbar near the end

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2006, 11:43:12 PM »
Thanks for keeping the thread going Midknight.

Ah went to the game, after drink too much vodka , wake up this morning seem to remember ah young thing  (ok maybe ah lil older) and for some inexplicable reason ah $ 300 poorer.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2006, 05:47:23 PM »
Thanks for keeping the thread going Midknight.

Ah went to the game, after drink too much vodka , wake up this morning seem to remember ah young thing  (ok maybe ah lil older) and for some inexplicable reason ah $ 300 poorer.

;D ;D ;D ;D

check and make sure you still have both yuh kidneys dread  :o

1]; } ?>