April 24, 2024, 08:20:47 PM

Author Topic: Why i left Falkirk.....densil theobald's story  (Read 11817 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Why i left Falkirk.....densil theobald's story
« on: August 17, 2006, 12:06:03 PM »
Todays's Express sport magazine has an article showing an interview that lisana had with densil theobald.

I cant type it out but i will give the main points.

name of the article is "why i left falkirk".

It started of by saying how densil spends his saturdays scouring through the internet looking at football results of all the TnT players (much like what we do).

He says that he has a burning desire to be out on the football field playing competitive football.  In fact, he states that he is behind his handlers all the time urging them to find him a new club and that he is "working hard and waiting for the phone to ring".

he was fit for the game against Japan but Wim decided to omit him due to "his present inertia". 

"Theobald signed for Falkirk last October, but never featured in the club's first team and informed manager John Hughes that he did not want to return"

"Theobald insisted that his departure was not a show of disdain for Falkirk, but rather, he had lost faithin Hughes to the extent that he believed they could not have a positive working relationship."

Apparently, last May, Theobald was "reliably" informed that the coach did not see him as part of his plans for the 2006/07 season.

He had initially thought that the move to Falkirk (due to latas recomendation) was a dream one, but soon found his national team place under threat by his inactivity.

he said that it was the total opposite while dealing with Benhakker because beenie had so much faith in him.  He said that although Hughes appeared to say that he (theoblad) had a bright future at the club, he was not in a forgiving mood.

He was also quick to note that he spoke to Latapy before he made up his mind. 

"I think Hughes was being a hypocrite...i just felt that it was best for me to explore other clubs"

He went on to say that he is not resting on his laurels and that he trains with Caledonia to keep fit.

ah love it!!

de plot thickens even more
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: Why i left Falkirk.....densil theobald's story
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 12:10:45 PM »
Todays's Express sport magazine has an article showing an interview that lisana had with densil theobald.

I cant type it out but i will give the main points.

name of the article is "why i left falkirk".

It started of by saying how densil spends his saturdays scouring through the internet looking at football results of all the TnT players (much like what we do).

He says that he has a burning desire to be out on the football field playing competitive football.  In fact, he states that he is behind his handlers all the time urging them to find him a new club and that he is "working hard and waiting for the phone to ring".

he was fit for the game against Japan but Wim decided to omit him due to "his present inertia". 

"Theobald signed for Falkirk last October, but never featured in the club's first team and informed manager John Hughes that he did not want to return"

"Theobald insisted that his departure was not a show of disdain for Falkirk, but rather, he had lost faithin Hughes to the extent that he believed they could not have a positive working relationship."

Apparently, last May, Theobald was "reliably" informed that the coach did not see him as part of his plans for the 2006/07 season.

He had initially thought that the move to Falkirk (due to latas recomendation) was a dream one, but soon found his national team place under threat by his inactivity.

he said that it was the total opposite while dealing with Benhakker because beenie had so much faith in him.  He said that although Hughes appeared to say that he (theoblad) had a bright future at the club, he was not in a forgiving mood.

He was also quick to note that he spoke to Latapy before he made up his mind. 

"I think Hughes was being a hypocrite...i just felt that it was best for me to explore other clubs"

He went on to say that he is not resting on his laurels and that he trains with Caledonia to keep fit.

ah love it!!

de plot thickens even more

Wham yuh cyar cut and paste de article for we ?  ::)
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 12:12:51 PM »
The article not online...........it's on the back page of the magazine!!

by de way.......yuh f**king say thanks?? >:( >:( ;D :D

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 12:14:08 PM »
good luck son!

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 12:19:31 PM »

ah love it!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: sorry boss my humble apologies  :rotfl: :rotfl: ....A.. all yuh rough dread  ;D
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 12:21:59 PM »

ah love it!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: sorry boss my humble apologies  :rotfl: :rotfl: ....A.. all yuh rough dread  ;D

.........is ah good ting is WE rough  ;D

Not everybody could have your nice easy going attitude  yuh know  :rotfl:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 12:27:46 PM »

ah love it!!

Dutty wha %$%#$#$@%^$$*%$%#@$%@ attitude yuh talking bout  ::)  ??? ::)  ???
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 12:28:53 PM »
sorry, but that makes Theobald sound unprofessional and not very smart. He has not made any sense. Every reason he gave sounds like a poor excuse and is not consistent with other things he allegedly said before.

Good luck youth, but urging his backers to find him a club while a) he unprofessionally left his previous employers, b) just got dropped from the National team c) Not even playing football, just training....who really advising this fella?

« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 12:30:49 PM by Filho »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 12:30:25 PM »

ah love it!!

hard luck...we in a line here

You done battle wit bout 30 man on here arready

my ticket say # 46.....yuh jumpin de effin line
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 12:31:21 PM »
thanks for the article
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 05:03:05 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 12:32:20 PM »
sorry, but that makes Theobald sound unprofessional and not very smart. He has not making any sense. Every reason he gave sounds like a poor excuse and is not consistent with other things he allegedly said before.

Good luck youth, but urging his backers to find him a club while a) he unprofessionally left his previous employers, b) just got dropped from the National team c) Not even playing football, just training....who really advising this fella?

It seems obvious to me that Theobald was VERY UNHAPPY at Falkirk and wasn't happy with the treatment he received from the manager.  If an employee loses respect for their boss, it's all downhill from there.  It's probably best that he left.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 12:34:11 PM »
sorry, but that makes Theobald sound unprofessional and not very smart. He has not made any sense. Every reason he gave sounds like a poor excuse and is not consistent with other things he allegedly said before.

Fully agree!

I sure de man do dat interview for ah real PR spin

If I know trinis...dey must be does give de man real picong in de road when they see him

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 12:34:53 PM »

ah love it!!

hard luck...we in a line here

You done battle wit bout 30 man on here arready

my ticket say # 46.....yuh jumpin de effin line
[/b]

:rotfl: :rotfl: Dutty eff you  ;D...now yuh cud tear up yuh ticket ...47 ...48 ...;D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 04:29:42 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 12:40:43 PM »

Why he didn't gih we some props and say he does check de Trinis in Action post on de socawarriors.net forum every Saturday?  ;D
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 12:43:18 PM »

Why he didn't gih we some props and say he does check de Trinis in Action post on de socawarriors.net forum every Saturday?  ;D

Because he does vex everytime he doh see he name on yuh list.  He seein "Trini's in action" as 2 words, not 3.  ;D

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 12:44:04 PM »
sorry, but that makes Theobald sound unprofessional and not very smart. He has not making any sense. Every reason he gave sounds like a poor excuse and is not consistent with other things he allegedly said before.

It seems obvious to me that Theobald was VERY UNHAPPY at Falkirk and wasn't happy with the treatment he received from the manager.  If an employee loses respect for their boss, it's all downhill from there.  It's probably best that he left.

From what I hear Latas was real screwing on him for not coming back.Now he's outta contact and no one is calling.I believe, even if he eh happy ,at least he's being paid and was in a better situation than he is in now to get a try out or transfer to another club,but to break it off just to stay home and hope someone calls shows that not only Bleeder eh know what he doing but whomever is giving him advice.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 12:46:07 PM »
Theobald need to settle for whatever he get
if he not  ready scottish premier league...he not
maybe he should start off in a division club ..cuz i cah see him in a premier league at the moment

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 12:53:14 PM »

Because he does vex everytime he doh see he name on yuh list.  He seein "Trini's in action" as 2 words, not 3.  ;D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

the way we does hit de man hard wit de constructive criticism....i doubt he does check this site ;D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 01:02:45 PM by Patterson »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 12:59:26 PM »
If allyuh wukkin fuh a boss who not only allyuh doh respeck, but allyuh feel eh have allyuh in he plans at all, how much a allyuh would stay?  Especially when yuh went to de biggest job fair in yuh field and other employers was expressin interest in yuh services?

It easy to sit behind a computer and call heall kinda names, say Theobald shoulda do dis and dat but nobody in he shoes.  And it have some who sayin it good fuh he, dat he shoulda eat he biscuit and hush he mout and stay in a unhappy situation.  Same one's does tun around and criticise de likes of a Stern John sayin he shoulda leave when he was bondin wit de bench at Birmingham and Derby.

Look Rahim....he do everyting he could to stay wit clubs.  Do everyting coaches ask him.  Dey eh fart on him.  So de conclusion have to be, he eh no good....ent?  If yuh leavin yuh home to pursue a dream and dah dream sour quick quick, wha allyuh would do?  Stay until de shit start to smell good or ride out and take yuh chances?

Not EVERYBODY is a Dwight Yorke.  Nuff respeck to he because Ron Atkinson used to ride he well hard at Villa.  Perhaps thank GOD fuh Graham Taylor who did used to treat he like a son.  Perhaps if was Ron Atkinson was Villa coach in dem times and not Taylor....we might be talkin bout Yorkie de same way man mashin up Theobald.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 01:07:45 PM »
If allyuh wukkin fuh a boss who not only allyuh doh respeck, but allyuh feel eh have allyuh in he plans at all, how much a allyuh would stay?  Especially when yuh went to de biggest job fair in yuh field and other employers was expressin interest in yuh services?

It easy to sit behind a computer and call heall kinda names, say Theobald shoulda do dis and dat but nobody in he shoes.  And it have some who sayin it good fuh he, dat he shoulda eat he biscuit and hush he mout and stay in a unhappy situation.  Same one's does tun around and criticise de likes of a Stern John sayin he shoulda leave when he was bondin wit de bench at Birmingham and Derby.

Look Rahim....he do everyting he could to stay wit clubs.  Do everyting coaches ask him.  Dey eh fart on him.  So de conclusion have to be, he eh no good....ent?  If yuh leavin yuh home to pursue a dream and dah dream sour quick quick, wha allyuh would do?  Stay until de shit start to smell good or ride out and take yuh chances?

Not EVERYBODY is a Dwight Yorke.  Nuff respeck to he because Ron Atkinson used to ride he well hard at Villa.  Perhaps thank GOD fuh Graham Taylor who did used to treat he like a son.  Perhaps if was Ron Atkinson was Villa coach in dem times and not Taylor....we might be talkin bout Yorkie de same way man mashin up Theobald.

ah think the lil change he get after the WC helped make this descision a bit easier. Cause it eh easy to buss style and move on if your pocket empty. Just wondering if this is not the case with most pros and pro teams..you have to stick it out till things improve or a better offer comes your way. ah sure it have real men on teams that unhappy.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2006, 01:26:34 PM »
Well Falkirk time done time to move forward.

I saw that he training with Caledonia again, I dunno why he don't sign a contract with them to actually start playing games which is the best way to put yourself back in contention with the national team and get the scouts looking at him again.

Is only perfomaces on the field that will improve his situation. Try and get back on the field Densil.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2006, 01:29:50 PM »
i could emphatize with DT. i eh no star player or skills man. never was, never will be. i play on plenty side. some i start on, some i ride pine. in instances where i riding pine for politics, chemistry or otherwise, i eh going back next season. is a blow to yuh confidence and a waste of yuh time and youth. it plenty other team out there.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2006, 01:33:33 PM »
ah think the lil change he get after the WC helped make this descision a bit easier. Cause it eh easy to buss style and move on if your pocket empty. Just wondering if this is not the case with most pros and pro teams..you have to stick it out till things improve or a better offer comes your way. ah sure it have real men on teams that unhappy.

Possibly.  But look at meh example wit Rahim.  He stick it out and where it get him Jumbie?  Whichever way yuh look at it, yuh take a risk.  Stay and get lorse on a bench forever.  Or ride out, risk the stigma yuh might get and hope fuh better.  I cyah blame a man fuh de choices he make in dat situation.  Rahim career DONE for all intents and purposes.  Perhaps he might be havin regrets dat he didn't take de US$20,000 a year wit LA Galaxy in 2001 (less dan some burger flippers wit Burger King).  Maybe Theobald lookin at Rahim and sayin he eh endin up so.

Yuh never know bro.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2006, 02:00:41 PM »

Possibly.  But look at meh example wit Rahim.  He stick it out and where it get him Jumbie?  Whichever way yuh look at it, yuh take a risk.  Stay and get lorse on a bench forever.  Or ride out, risk the stigma yuh might get and hope fuh better.  I cyah blame a man fuh de choices he make in dat situation.  Rahim career DONE for all intents and purposes.  Perhaps he might be havin regrets dat he didn't take de US$20,000 a year wit LA Galaxy in 2001 (less dan some burger flippers wit Burger King).  Maybe Theobald lookin at Rahim and sayin he eh endin up so.

Yuh never know bro.

I agree with your point and can only wish the best for theo.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2006, 02:28:16 PM »
If allyuh wukkin fuh a boss who not only allyuh doh respeck, but allyuh feel eh have allyuh in he plans at all, how much a allyuh would stay?  Especially when yuh went to de biggest job fair in yuh field and other employers was expressin interest in yuh services?

It easy to sit behind a computer and call heall kinda names, say Theobald shoulda do dis and dat but nobody in he shoes.  And it have some who sayin it good fuh he, dat he shoulda eat he biscuit and hush he mout and stay in a unhappy situation.  Same one's does tun around and criticise de likes of a Stern John sayin he shoulda leave when he was bondin wit de bench at Birmingham and Derby.

Look Rahim....he do everyting he could to stay wit clubs.  Do everyting coaches ask him.  Dey eh fart on him.  So de conclusion have to be, he eh no good....ent?  If yuh leavin yuh home to pursue a dream and dah dream sour quick quick, wha allyuh would do?  Stay until de shit start to smell good or ride out and take yuh chances?

Not EVERYBODY is a Dwight Yorke.  Nuff respeck to he because Ron Atkinson used to ride he well hard at Villa.  Perhaps thank GOD fuh Graham Taylor who did used to treat he like a son.  Perhaps if was Ron Atkinson was Villa coach in dem times and not Taylor....we might be talkin bout Yorkie de same way man mashin up Theobald.

sorry Palos...I have to respectfully disagree. Denzil has chosen to be a professional footballer and with that comes some serious sacrifices. He must learn to deal with disappointment and challenges within reason. If there is a case of racism, consistent ridicule, physical or mental abuse..then I would be very sympathetic. But he would have said that. I have a strong suspicion that it was more likely a case of different cultures clashing more than anything else. The coach probably spoke to him in a way that he was not used to and it came across as direspectful to Denzil. Maybe the coach was disrespectful...but its pro football we talking about..with big men. It is a hard profession and many people in the industry either not cool or very blunt. Coaches go to the press sometimes and disrespect their players...you think they just leave. Is real big egos in football...but your skin hadda be thick. I also think Denzil thought he was just going to walk in the side. As a professional you just cannot get up and leave everytime things are not going your way...not only is it shortsighted (Denzil's form may improve, the coach may get fired, players get injured), it turns other clubs off you, especially a relatively unproven guy like Denzil. If he is unhappy at the club, as a pro, he is supposed to hand in a written transfer request and brace for a little more hardship. That way the club is alerted that he is not happy..IF he really is not valued as he says he is they will sell him...in the meantime, Denzil would still be earning some money, staying fit, and continue learning the game alonside a team that has started the SPL well....noone said being a pro was going to be easy or fair. He wasn't even there for the whole season. He gave up after a few months...and like I said...unless he was receiving some kind of abuse...he has to be strong enough to deal with hardship longer than that...he did not even test the waters this season to see if anything had changed.

Anyway..I speculating alot...But Denzil's own words implicate him in having an unprofessional attitude. I am surprised people are condoning the easy way out. Rahim's career has nothing to do with this..We should all know the importance of hard work and fighting for what you think you deserve, even in the face of adversity. I not trying to judge the fellla. This is not a personal attack.....I just think he sounds like he didn't think about all his options on this issue. He's young...I am sure when he retires and looks back on his career, he will admit he moved real rash under a young immaturity vibes..He wouldn't be the first..But he not helping himself..If you cyah see that, there's nothing more I can say.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2006, 02:32:18 PM »
palos... I agree with some of your points, but he coulda hand in a transfer request or something, he coulda link up with Scotty or somebody, in a lower division or something.If they let him leave just so,he might have been a free transfer for some other club..Football and a regular job cannot be that similar... I work for a huge company with offices all over de world including T&T... My last boss was a real idiot, and I tell him, I am looking for a job in a different dept... His boss beg me to stick it out (she knew he was full of sh!t and that he was moving on, but could not say it) I moved depts and my old boss has been replaced. That is all I asking if it was possible for him to hand in a transfer request...It come like you go for an interview for a new job, and they say , man you would be perfect for the job, and before yuh sign anything wid de new company, you leave you old job...

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2006, 02:39:12 PM »
palos... I agree with some of your points, but he coulda hand in a transfer request or something, he coulda link up with Scotty or somebody, in a lower division or something.If they let him leave just so,he might have been a free transfer for some other club..Football and a regular job cannot be that similar... I work for a huge company with offices all over de world including T&T... My last boss was a real idiot, and I tell him, I am looking for a job in a different dept... His boss beg me to stick it out (she knew he was full of sh!t and that he was moving on, but could not say it) I moved depts and my old boss has been replaced. That is all I asking if it was possible for him to hand in a transfer request...It come like you go for an interview for a new job, and they say , man you would be perfect for the job, and before yuh sign anything wid de new company, you leave you old job...

theobald is an unproven player in scotland i doh think de man could just hand in a transfer request.....i could understand if de man had 1/10 of latapy skills.....but to transfer where back to T&T..no club would sign an unproven player.....theobald has no skills else other clubs would've been swooping in to sign him......not even a lower division club interested in the man

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2006, 03:12:17 PM »

theobald is an unproven player in scotland i doh think de man could just hand in a transfer request.....i could understand if de man had 1/10 of latapy skills.....but to transfer where back to T&T..no club would sign an unproven player.....theobald has no skills else other clubs would've been swooping in to sign him......not even a lower division club interested in the man

Not necessarily.....if he handed in a transfer request and the coach agreed to sell him, he could talk to other coaches in the league and tell them about a young chap with some potential who played in the WC that they want to sell on the cheap and see who bites. Some coaches would definitely have taken a look. Denzil didn't even give himself a chance to see if he would have broken into the first team, making that option more viable. Whose to say what the best move should have been. But I think in most cases it is a better move to try that first before exercising more drastic options

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2006, 03:25:27 PM »
buh wha de mudda arse i readin here....de man was gettin paid....then he ups and leave de wuk and home in trini spendin he saturdays scouring through de internet looking at football results of all the TnT players....and he "training" with Caledonia.....fuh free....bleeder boy  ??? :-\ god speed.... :( :( :(
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2006, 04:58:13 PM »

ah love it!!

Before yuh cuss me 2. Thanks  ;D
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

1]; } ?>