April 24, 2024, 05:36:02 PM

Author Topic: Is Ato assisting in player development for the Warriors?  (Read 1798 times)

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Is Ato assisting in player development for the Warriors?
« on: October 04, 2006, 12:03:38 AM »
I remeber Ato saying he was going to work with the players on they speed. Did this even pan out?

Ato should consider making a video for training. It have real men who running and ain't know what they doing right and wrong. This could help our footballers as well as track. It would be nice for him to pass on what he learned.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is Ato assisting in player development for the Warriors?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 05:37:45 AM »
This would be a good thing indeed. While Ato can give running and stamina tips, I believe his real contribution would be in the motivation and mental gamesmanship that all our sportsmen need. We need to psyche up before competition and games. That was Ato's strength.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 09:51:50 AM »
Yes, its still on, but not so much for the senior Warriors, cuz I don't want to risk stepping on any coaches' toes on the senior side - they might have their own plans where that is concerned. The plan was always for the younger squads. 

Details I am sure will come out soon enough.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 10:07:01 AM by atoboldon »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 04:19:33 PM »
Thanks Ato!
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 09:25:14 AM »
Yes, its still on, but not so much for the senior Warriors, cuz I don't want to risk stepping on any coaches' toes on the senior side - they might have their own plans where that is concerned. The plan was always for the younger squads. 

Details I am sure will come out soon enough.

This is good thing indeed. One area we always fall short with the youth teams is adequate fitness specifically where it calls for those bursts of speed over 20-50 meters. I would like to see a solid programme of speed training for the under 21's to under 16's. It's a personal peev of mine and it always gave me that added advantage when I played.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 09:30:18 AM by grskywalker »

1]; } ?>