April 28, 2024, 03:39:55 PM

Author Topic: some gun talk between greene and crawford a few weeks ago  (Read 3213 times)

jusme

some gun talk between greene and crawford a few weeks ago
« on: June 24, 2005, 09:54:10 PM »
Greene wins round one of 100 rivalry
By Dick Patrick, USA TODAY
NEW YORK — There might have been more action in the postrace interview than in the 100 meters Saturday in the Reebok Grand Prix at Randall's Island.
      Maurice Greene won the 100 meters in 10.08 seconds at the Reebok Grand Prix.    
By John Marshall Mantel, AP

After Maurice Greene, the 2000 Olympic champion and ex-world recordholder, won in 10.08 seconds with 2004 Olympic 200 champ Shawn Crawford second (10.10), Greene stated he won the race with his move between 45 and 75 meters.

Crawford disagreed: "I was last coming out the blocks. If I ever get out the blocks, they won't be able to touch me. ... I'm going to dominate the 200 and 100 once I get the start together. I'm real (angry) right now."

Asked to elaborate on his move, Greene said, "My top-end (speed) is better than anybody in the world."

Crawford: "That's a (expletive) lie, and you know it."

Greene: "It's better than anybody in the world."

Crawford: "How can you lie to yourself like that?"

Greene: "I don't lie, brother."

Crawford: "Your top end is (expletive), and you know it."

Greene: "That's why you're always behind me, huh?"

After a couple of more similar exchanges, the sprinters were asked, "Is this the way it's going to be all summer?"

"Me winning? Yeah," Greene said.

They can resume the rivalry and the debate in the June 23-26 USA Track & Field Championships in Carson, Calif., and possibly in August's World Championships in Helsinki, Finland.

1]; } ?>