West Indian
0 (0%)
Both
6 (46.2%)
Neither
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: March 27, 2008, 02:31:01 PM

Author Topic: Do you consider yourself a Trinbagonian or West Indian?  (Read 3463 times)

TrinInfinite

Do you consider yourself a Trinbagonian or West Indian?
« on: November 13, 2006, 02:31:01 PM »
I am trini, the only time i say west indian or identify as a west indian is cricket... otherwise im the red white and black.....

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: Do you consider yourself a Trinbagonian or West Indian?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 02:32:41 PM »
What's your point bredda? If you are a Trinbagonian, then by default you are a West Indian...So I am not sure how to answer this...

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 02:33:34 PM »
so i cant be a trinbagonian who is a west indian?
what is really de point of this i wud like to kno
Back in Trini...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 02:37:25 PM »
Lawd..TI boy, your posts elicitin a pavlovian response now...men just up in he backside ONE TIME   ;D

Allyuh go easy on de fellah,, he still in mourning an ting
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 02:52:49 PM »
Lawd..TI boy, your posts elicitin a pavlovian response now...men just up in he backside ONE TIME   ;D

Allyuh go easy on de fellah,, he still in mourning an ting

But is a logical question dey asking doh.

All Trinibagonians are West Indian

BUT

All West Indians are NOT Trinibagonian

Yuh see how de English language even in Trini lingo could tie yuh up?

Maybe de question is meant tuh include de "foreigners" on de board.  De ones and dem who doh have a TT Passport and cyar get one easy.
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 03:49:36 PM »
oho - dis is a trick poll. the only logical choices are west indian, both or neither. allyuh voting Trinbagonian get ketch.  ;D

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 04:15:44 PM »
i feel some polls does automatically come back every once in awhile...I sure dis one come out long time ago :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
no?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

truetrini

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 05:01:14 PM »
As a pseudo-racist I saying one time:  "I am not any kind ah indian!"

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 06:36:07 PM »
i still look forward to when we united politically. honestly, i wish it were originally so. but at the end of the day, i'm proud of my trini heritage, and well, like it or not, its trini time now!...

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 07:11:00 PM »
what is the purpose of this thread ???

ya know it have threads that after ya read it, is either ya more knowledgeable,  ya laugh, it turn to page 15 of cuss out, or ya learn how to fix something, memories.
Wha is the purpose of this one ???

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 09:09:44 PM »

ya know it have threads that after ya read it, is either ya more knowledgeable,  ya laugh, it turn to page 15 of cuss out, or ya learn how to fix something, memories.

it is a sociological and anthropological analysis of how persons born in the islands now known as Trinidad and Tobago view themselves.

Do you regard yourself as parochial or do you view your self as a regional citizen?  Do you view yourself as superior to other persons dwelling in smaller, less populated countries?  I read a book one time by Elizabeth Kruempelmann called "The Global Citizen,"  excellent reading, for those inclined to read such a book.

This question/poll was specifically designed to see which of you are among the growing class of Global citizens, studious affections, cultural ambassadors, or are you one of those "we better dan dem," crowd?

This poll makes you ponder the question:  " Am I prepared for an increasingly global future?"  It begs:  "Are you ambitious, confident, adventurous, flexible and understanding of other cultures?" 

Or it asks in a rather forthright manner:  "Am I an ignorant lout, uncaring about my neighbour, the foreign, insipid bastard?"

So you see my dear Trinicana, this poll does more than ask one question, it questions our very character, our outlook, and our prejudices.

I like, do you like?  Nice!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 09:29:44 PM by truetrini »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 09:26:06 PM »

it is a sociological and anthropological analysis of how persons born in the islands now known as Trinidad and Tobago view themselves.

Do you regard yourself as parochial or do you view your self as a regional citizen?  Do you view yourself as superior to other persons dwelling in smaller, less populated countries?  I read a book one time by Elizabeth Kruempelmann called "The Global Citizen,"  excellent reading, for those inclined to read such a book.

This question/poll was specifically designed to see which of you are among the growing class of Global citizens, studious affections, cultural ambassadors, or are you one of those "we better dan dem," crowd?

This poll makes you ponder the question:  " Am I prepared for an increasingly global future?"  It begs:  "Are you ambitious, confident, adventurous, flexible and understanding of other cultures?" 

Or it asks in a rather forthright manner:  "Am I an ignorant lout, uncaring about my neighbour, the foreign, insipid bastard?"

So you see my dear Trinicana, this poll does more than ask one question, it questions our very character, out outlook, and our prejudices.

ah want some a wat yuh smoking  ...
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

truetrini

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 09:31:04 PM »

So you see my dear Trinicana, this poll does more than ask one question, it questions our very character, out outlook, and our prejudices.

ah want some a wat yuh smoking  ...

ah smoke ah vagine....you like?  Nice....I like.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 10:02:19 PM »
<stares at TrueTrini>

who is dey last person you hear bout that tink "he better dan dem" meanin dey other islands ???

some of us were born in Trinidad and some  in Tobago...so at the end of the day we Trinibagoians righ ?
so you mean to tell me that if you won't born in either island, and let's say you are Bajan, you not entitled to answer in this thread right ?

maybe i'm not seein your point of view TT, but as a Trinidadian that use to live in one of the islands that form the West Indies, I consider myself both.  So since i'm assuming we all fall under this class, wha is the purpose of this thread.

maybe ah over work meh brain too much at work today, or is it dat umm pfft ah doh know nah. stups

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 10:12:06 PM »
I am trini, the only time i say west indian or identify as a west indian is cricket... otherwise im the red white and black.....
I"z ah Trini man ,from the Crown Jewel of the West Indian Isle"s . :chilling:

PS you know how I know god love me ?..........Cause he make meh ah trini !
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 10:17:20 PM by CV:5 »

truetrini

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 10:24:29 PM »
<stares at TrueTrini>

who is dey last person you hear bout that tink "he better dan dem" meanin dey other islands ???

some of us were born in Trinidad and some  in Tobago...so at the end of the day we Trinibagoians righ ?
so you mean to tell me that if you won't born in either island, and let's say you are Bajan, you not entitled to answer in this thread right ?

maybe i'm not seein your point of view TT, but as a Trinidadian that use to live in one of the islands that form the West Indies, I consider myself both.  So since i'm assuming we all fall under this class, wha is the purpose of this thread.

maybe ah over work meh brain too much at work today, or is it dat umm pfft ah doh know nah. stups

I feel yuh really tired..I was being sarcarstic in my response..re-read it.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 07:10:05 AM »
I consider myself a trinbagonian but not a trini, a grenedian but not a West Indian.

simplicity in complexity?

here's one for you?

do you consider yourself an dumb or stupid?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

1]; } ?>