March 29, 2024, 12:17:49 AM

Author Topic: How much people voting next election...................  (Read 9296 times)

Offline dyansie

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
How much people voting next election...................
« on: September 04, 2006, 03:57:08 AM »
Does it make sense to vote in this country? Looking around at all that happening

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How much people voting next election...................
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 08:20:14 AM »
What would be your alternative? 

Remember the struggles of those who went before us in an effort to vote.  Nowadays, people, not only young ones, take voting for granting.  There is not a country in the world where the citizens don't have problems with the government in power. It's why in democracies there is an opposition. 

You can make a difference as ONE person, if not through politics but in how you live your life.

If you are ever able to get your hands on the movie.."The Power of One", check it out and then?  GET OUT AND VOTE!!!!
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 08:55:14 AM »

Remember the struggles of those who went before us in an effort to vote.  Nowadays, people, not only young ones, take voting for granting.  There is not a country in the world where the citizens don't have problems with the government in power. It's why in democracies there is an opposition. 

You can make a difference as ONE person, if not through politics but in how you live your life.

If you are ever able to get your hands on the movie.."The Power of One", check it out and then?  GET OUT AND VOTE!!!!

When the choices are all bad..it makes no sense voting.
would u vote for de devil..or satan..or maybe lucifer..
u gettign forked any way u turn. i adovate excercising yuh right to vote..but not when it eh have any one worthy....to vote for.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 09:10:54 AM »
I was not old enough to vote in the last election. I will vote in every election till I die. Even if that means choosing the lesser of 2 evils.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 09:11:59 AM »
I was not old enough to vote in the last election. I will vote in every election till I die. Even if that means choosing the lesser of 2 evils.
who do u consider the lesser of  the evils in trinidad?
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 09:26:20 AM »
If you look back at all my posts on political topics I have been consistent. I want a fairness public policy and transparency in public spending. Neither the PNM nor the UNC can claim to have fulfilled those roles very well. However in my opinion the PNM is the better bet.

The UNC is now a party of blatant race. Furthermore, many of the numerous allegations of corruption have proven to be more than just political mudslinging.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 03:54:09 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 09:28:55 AM »
If you look back at all my posts on political topics I have been consistent. I want a fairness public policy and transparency in public spending. Neither the PNM nor the UNC can claim to have fulfilled those roles very well. However in my opinion the PNM is the better bet.

The UNC is now a party of blatant race. Furthermore, many of the numerous allegations of corruption have proven to be more that just political mudslinging.
i havent had the opportunity..to read yuh political posts. i hear u boss all the best witht hat decision. i'll wait till a party or persons whoSEEMS "worth" MY VOTE comes around.
till den.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 09:30:42 AM »

The UNC is now a party of blatant race. Furthermore, many of the numerous allegations of corruption have proven to be more that just political mudslinging.
i havent had the opportunity..to read yuh political posts. i hear u boss all the best witht hat decision. i'll wait till a party or persons whoSEEMS "worth" MY VOTE comes around.
till den.
cool

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 10:02:05 AM »

When the choices are all bad..it makes no sense voting.
would u vote for de devil..or satan..or maybe lucifer..
u gettign forked any way u turn. i adovate excercising yuh right to vote..but not when it eh have any one worthy....to vote for.

There will always be something good in one party.  To me that attitude sounds like "throwing out the baby with the bath water".  People make these statements that all the parties bad, so dey eh voting.  Maybe if, like in the US, one of your ancestors was strung up on a tree, or burned and buried for just trying to get people to vote, you would not have that attitude.  As a person of colour, and a woman, I will never in my life not vote because too many of those who came before died and suffered to avoid me the right to vote.  It is a slap in the face to those.  It is a slap in the face to the first TT first Prime Minister, Eric Williams, who fought for the rights of blacks.  If not for him, blacks of all walks of life would not be attending CIC and Fatima and working in banks and the like.

It is to me why we as black people struggle more than any other race of people.  Look around in Trinidad and in Ontario.  Who are the people who are calling the shots.  Not black people.  Why?  because we cyar be bothered. Because it eh makes sense tuh vote fuh who dey.  All ah dem is crooks and so on and so on.  The communities who band together, who go out and vote and raise their collective voices are the ones who are seen and heard.   All we do is fight.  We like crabs.  Climbing on top of each other in an effort to get to the top and it doesn't matter if we trample others below.

For me, I will continue to say VOTE.  If not only for me but to show respect for my ancestors.  I will vote in every election, provincial and federal until I die. 
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline dyansie

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 11:05:38 AM »
I have always and will continue to vote, The P.N.M to me is still a political paty with some kind of foundation, that can withstand the times

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 11:19:31 AM »
ok let me try this again...so u ppl syaing i should vote even though i dont agree with any party...so vote jus because?? is that what your syaing? well i just that defeats the whole purpose. and lil good dont cut it.  those parties ...trini i talkign about...now specifically the pnm... knows in the present situation they will get relected, hence they really dont heed what the ppl syaing. i will use the whoel aluminium smleter issue as an example. BY the ppl for the ppl. ??? ??? ::) ::) ::)
what th eppl need to do instead of voting..the usual suspects..is to make them know that incumbacny and race is not a cause for reelection while the country is in the state it is.
i will say it agian...if i see a party woirth voting for then i will
and dont kid yuh self ..most ppl in trini vote along race and "region"s lines eh.
it have nothign about my ancestors being strng up on a tree
 americans black can vote...alot fo them do....KATRINA...RING A BELL.
big business control governments. dais  afact. party contributions etcetc.. trinidad is one of the most corrupt places ind e world.... and who think pnm not corrupt fooling them selves..all ah dem is de same thign
" well felas we have at least 4 yrs..let we see how mcuh we can make"
 I WILL VOTE..WHEN I SEE A PARTY THAT GIVES A SHIT
I am glad for thos eof u who vote for voting sake..because of yuh ancestors etc etc..i dont see hwo that helping the future..and the  future....
voting for prosterity really beneficial

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 11:29:51 AM »
ok let me try this again...so u ppl syaing i should vote even though i dont agree with any party...so vote jus because?? is that what your syaing? well i just that defeats the whole purpose. and lil good dont cut it.  those parties ...trini i talkign about...now specifically the pnm... knows in the present situation they will get relected, hence they really dont heed what the ppl syaing. i will use the whoel aluminium smleter issue as an example. BY the ppl for the ppl. ??? ??? ::) ::) ::)
what th eppl need to do instead of voting..the usual suspects..is to make them know that incumbacny and race is not a cause for reelection while the country is in the state it is.
and dont kid yuh self ..most ppl in trini vote along race and "region"s lines eh.
big business control governments. dais  afact. party contributions etcetc.. trinidad is one of the most corrupt places ind e world.... and who think pnm not corrupt fooling them selves..all ah dem is de same thign
I am glad for thos eof u who vote for voting sake..because of yuh ancestors etc etc..i dont see hwo that helping the future..and the  future....

Well I glad fuh you too if that's your position.  That's your right and more power to you for it.  Since without voting rights and legistlation brought on by those rights, you would not have had the "right" to even express that opinion.

So to go back to the original question by the poster of who voting...it obviously won't be you but it sure will be me.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2006, 12:16:16 PM »
i agree its my right....but dont forget ..not because somehting is your right..means its somethign "right" to do.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2006, 12:19:11 PM »

Your frustration is no doubt real and shared by literally billions of people around the world. I think the route you are taking is one of convenience. In my view it is more effective to put pressure on parties or to engage in political activity yourself rather than treat the process with complete apathy.

You highlighted the role of big business in politics and its subsequent negatively equalising effect on the operations of all parties that attain office. This is perhaps best manfested in the Smelter Plant issue where it has recently come to the fore that both the PNM and the  UNC have supported this venture in different dispensations. Big business has a role to play indeed. However it must never supercede the role of the people. I will vote because there are real tangible benefits to be derived from good public administration.

Everything from traffic infrastructure, education and healthcare to sport and the arts is directly impacted by public policy and spending. The nation's patronage must not be monopolised by big wigs but must be used in an effective manner to create and sustain an equitable society. In virtually all capitalist nations, these big wigs have considerable influence over governments. It should be noted however that democracy can work to defend the interests of the people. We as citizens must demand from our government a better quality of service. It all has to do with interest. A government that denies the call of the people can do so because the people have not demonstrated that they significant stakeholders in the enterprise of nationhood.  Our unions are full of idiots and our associations are weak. The people have shown contempt for moving as a bloc on a range of issues. The situation is bad because we allow it be that way.

I will vote and I will I be vocal about the nation's welfare, because I think it is the right thing to do.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 12:51:10 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2006, 12:34:23 PM »

Your frustration is no doubt real and shared by literally billions of people around the world. I think the route you are taking is one of convience. In my view it is more effective to put pressure on parties or to engage in political activity yourself rather than treat the process with complete apathy.

You highlighted the role of big business in politics and its subsequent negatively equalising effect on the operations of all parties that attain office. This is perhaps best manfested in the Smelter Plant issue where it has recently come to the fore that both the PNM and the  UNC have supported this venture in different dispensations. Big business has a role to play indeed. However it must never supercede the role of the people. I will vote because there are real tangible benefits to be derived from good public administration.

Everything from traffic infrastructure, education and healthcare to sport and the arts is directly impacted by public policy and spending. The nation's patronage must not be monopolised by big wigs but must be used in an effective manner to create and sustain an equitable society. In virtually all capitalist nations, these big wigs have considerable influence over governments. It should be noted however that democracy can work to defend the interests of the people. We as citizens must demand from our government a better quality of service. It all has to do with interest. A government that denies the call of the people can do so because the people have not demonstrated that they significant stakeholders in the enterprise of nationhood.  Our unions are full of idiots and our associations are weak. The people have shown contempt for moving as a bloc on a range of issues. The situation is bad because we allow it be that way.

I will vote and I will I be vocal about the nation's welfare, because I think it is the right thing to do.
see that satement there its is apt as  can be.
but the ironic thing is that voting..and puttin in power a group of fello citizens is suppose to be the way we stop allowing things to be "that" way. but it doesnt work..cause hwo ever in power just conitnue the corruption status quo and dat defeats the purpose
 PLATO IN his republic..said that those who govern and protect are suppose to eb the BEST of us.  suppose to eb un corruptible. now i knwo this is not an ideal world..lol..but come one eh. its a big joke..and a mockery as my dear forumite sid..alot of ppl fought and died for.
isnt that sullyign thier names.
now i am a cynic...i admit...but i am also not going to allow my self to be frusrtraed..by ppl i put in power..then they makin my country worse..
who will get angrier if trini goes to hill those who continue to vote the said party who trashed the place..
or those who didnt vote.... and like ME would jus sigh
 NOW I AINT SAYING I WILL NEVER VOTE... i RETITERATE FOR DE WHAT 4TH POST. i will vote...and excersise my right..when ppl who in my HUMBLE opnion.. can or porpabbly make a valuabe contribution to the country and world and nto folloow de gimmer of power and money.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2006, 12:43:48 PM »
I just going to read this one out.....no comment :-X

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2006, 01:02:33 PM »
cana dat u or yuh twin...
be still my heart..... i looking out side ie he seeing no blue moon....de world coming to an end..helling freezing over..ah sacred..lemem giv emeh life to jesus, god, all de hindu gods, budda, alllah..who ah miss out allyuh

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2006, 01:14:50 PM »

Your frustration is no doubt real and shared by literally billions of people around the world. I think the route you are taking is one of convenience. In my view it is more effective to put pressure on parties or to engage in political activity yourself rather than treat the process with complete apathy.

Well said.  The problem with the general public in terms of governments is that they often look at one or two issues or one major thing that may be happening and then based on those one or two issues decide that that party or parties are not worth their vote and so they don't.  There are so many other issues involved and without exercising your voting rights, you give up, in my opinion, all your rights.

Just my two cents. 

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2006, 01:42:04 PM »
cana dat u or yuh twin...
be still my heart..... i looking out side ie he seeing no blue moon....de world coming to an end..helling freezing over..ah sacred..lemem giv emeh life to jesus, god, all de hindu gods, budda, alllah..who ah miss out allyuh

hush ya ass...
ah doh discuss politics, race and religion...cause at dey end of dem topics..somebody go get vex and ah know of PEOPLE getting dey death with dem topics.
ah go just read. :angel:

Offline dyansie

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2006, 01:47:01 PM »
what else to talk about then, those things are important in our country today, if we were dealing with those topics things might have been so different.......

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2006, 01:54:47 PM »
what else to talk about then, those things are important in our country today, if we were dealing with those topics things might have been so different.......

ever thought bout if we DIDN'T discuss dem topics dey world/trinidad and tobago might ah been ah better place ?
take a look around...what are the main reasons for the world/trinidad and tobago to be in this state it is today

my opinion :beermug:

Offline dyansie

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2006, 02:30:36 PM »

ever thought bout if we DIDN'T discuss dem topics dey world/trinidad and tobago might ah been ah better place ?
take a look around...what are the main reasons for the world/trinidad and tobago to be in this state it is today

my opinion :beermug:

[/quo

why not talk about something that concerns us, does not make sense, we need to educate oursleves much better to deal  with it

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2006, 03:00:51 PM »
ah disagree but say wha...

this is what i was talkin bout luv.
anyways i will continue readin :beermug:

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2006, 03:07:20 PM »

CANA OH CANA THOUGHT U WASNT SYAING NUTTIN
LOL
HAHAHAH  :rotfl: :rotfl:
i happy now de world not goning to end..how do u unjoin religions?

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2006, 03:54:53 PM »

CANA OH CANA THOUGHT U WASNT SYAING NUTTIN
LOL
HAHAHAH  :rotfl: :rotfl:
i happy now de world not goning to end..how do u unjoin religions?

you doh tell meh nuffin until ya give meh wha ah ask ya fur.
it not good fur ya health tur have ah oman waiting on ya....
ya is ah arima boy, you shoulda know dat already >:(

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2006, 05:08:23 PM »
I have always and will continue to vote, The P.N.M to me is still a political paty with some kind of foundation, that can withstand the times
yeah dey could withstand the times by keep reinventing the "dependcy syndrome" lol
DEWD, 10 days, URP and now CEPEP.
they ent realize they wasting money..all dey have to do is cut it done to 2 days and they still go get the same votes plus more money to theif to put in dey pockets.
U.N.C try to have them go to school, learn a trade and thing to be self sufficient but the majority ah people too lazy and just wanted handouts as usual.
allyuh is conveniently forget all the billions that PNM and they people theif in the late 70's-early 80's..where the Commission of Inquiry on them scandals?
U.N.C in ah mess but i still think they are the better bet.
btw what kinda arseness is dat where the South people have to pay for using the new highway dey planning to build?..as far as i know it ent have no oil and gas up North..steups
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

truetrini

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2006, 10:54:15 PM »

Organic a no vote is a vote for the ruling party.  So you do infact vote.

If no one voted in the next election the PNM will retain power.

Besides you are missing the point.  No party will ever be worthwhile enough or good enough as it will be a party of men and women.

You have to exercise your franchise, it remains the greatest right of any citizen.  A vote is a measure of equality...your vote is as meaningful as mine or Panday's or Manning's!!!

A lot of trinis take voting for granted as do the majority of Americans.  Fact is they are disenchanted by governments and believe that their votes dont count.  It is this very apathy that enables governments to carry on with their dotishness!  The leaders realize that those who vote have similar agendas and they are empowered to do shit.

If every citizen of voting age were to vote a clear message will be sent to leaders..do what is beneficial or else we moving yuh.

In 1776 it was one vote that made english and not german the official language of de USA.

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2006, 11:14:29 PM »
yeah dey could withstand the times by keep reinventing the "dependcy syndrome" lol
DEWD, 10 days, URP and now CEPEP.
they ent realize they wasting money..all dey have to do is cut it done to 2 days and they still go get the same votes plus more money to theif to put in dey pockets.
U.N.C try to have them go to school, learn a trade and thing to be self sufficient but the majority ah people too lazy and just wanted handouts as usual.
allyuh is conveniently forget all the billions that PNM and they people theif in the late 70's-early 80's..where the Commission of Inquiry on them scandals?
U.N.C in ah mess but i still think they are the better bet.
btw what kinda arseness is dat where the South people have to pay for using the new highway dey planning to build?..as far as i know it ent have no oil and gas up North..steups

In yuh dreams the UNC is ah better bet!

Yes de pnm did tief in de 80's..de unc tief in de 90's!  Trouble is allyuh too damn passive and non voting so shit remains de same.

Panday is ah power hungry power grubbing and grabbing man.and he sold out is powetr base long time.  If yuh know ANYTHING about T&T politics yuh would know how Panday came to prominence...and what he did to those who helped him rise to the top?   NUTTEN!  (if yuh want clarification/edification I would be glad to educate yuh!)

And jes who it is that de UNC did try tuh educate and send tuh school and dey refuse dis education?  Yuh mean dey pay fuh some tuh go to trade school and den had no jobs fuh dem?  Or maybe dat was jes anodder type ah hand out?

And yuh is ah propaganda master ah wha?  URP and CPEP.....didnt dat exist under UNC governance too?

and all de bull shit talk about preferntial admissions fuh blacs in UWI...steups if anyone with half de sight ah say.....a blind man went to UWI campus dey would see dat is ah damn lie!

And de lies about de demotions and firing ah indo-trinis..will see dat Manohar Ramsaran lie...he damn lie!

And when and ex-communist Wade Mark write an say at more trinis seeking refugee status in Canada a simple call tuh de Canadian embassy and I learn dat he lie...he damn lie!

And guess who make it easy fuh indians and blacks tuh get FREE education in T&T?  It didnt have ah UNC den fella!  I eh really like de imcompetence ah de PNM nor de blatant lies and racism of de UNC.....BUT.....

Breds me eh like de race ting eh but ah could never in good conscience vote fuh U Ent See!  N-E-V-E-R!

Offline dyansie

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2006, 02:27:29 AM »
That's the damn thing self, well done True Trini, My little sister going UWI through the PNM, because we only have to buy books and if you cannot afford the books the government have a help loan. PNM encourage people to go to school. Must, Hype, OJT, but is who want to take it. If UNC cannot organise some little stupid internal affairs, how de hell they will run Trinidad and Tobago. Everyone is human, but the PNM standing out, because none ah we would have been typing here if we did not get that free education under the PNM government.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2006, 05:45:32 AM »

All politicians are corrupt selfish and nasty and I FISHS HATE DEM WID AH PASSION

But if yuh doh vote yuh could allow dem to feel dey right to become anarchists,

so if yuh ent like PNM or UNC do like me an vote fuh the craziest party that out dey.

Like Fung Kee Fung an dem who was teaching people how to float in St James.  ;D ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

1]; } ?>