April 24, 2024, 04:24:49 PM

Author Topic: How much people voting next election...................  (Read 9352 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How much people voting next election...................
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2006, 06:17:49 AM »
Organic jus outta curiosity

If one of your students brought up this topic,,,what would you tell them?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

truetrini

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2006, 08:18:16 AM »

All politicians are corrupt selfish and nasty and I FISHS HATE DEM WID AH PASSION

But if yuh doh vote yuh could allow dem to feel dey right to become anarchists,

so if yuh ent like PNM or UNC do like me an vote fuh the craziest party that out dey.

Like Fung Kee Fung an dem who was teaching people how to float in St James.  ;D ;D ;D

yuh eh talking about my good fren Peter?

truetrini

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2006, 08:53:10 AM »
Organic, I carefully re-read your reasons for not voting, and you gave conflicted reasons for not voting.  I clearly see that you are disenchanted, just like I am, but fella, come now. re-read what you posted and tell me that yuh eh engage in double speak!

now specifically the pnm... knows in the present situation they will get relected, hence they really dont heed what the ppl syaing. i will use the whoel aluminium smleter issue as an example. BY the ppl for the ppl.     
what th eppl need to do instead of voting..the usual suspects..is to make them know that incumbacny and race is not a cause for reelection while the country is in the state it is.

Yuh saying de PNM know dat dey getting re-elected so dey eh doing ah ting tuh improve de situation...so why yuh eh voting again?    Is people like you who does allow dem tuh carry on so.  Dey know allyuh disenchanted, so dey maintain de status quo!  Thanks fuh dat breds!  Yuh contributing tuh de destruction ah MY country!

because if all ah we who disgruntled did vote dey arse would be long gorn!

i agree its my right....but dont forget ..not because somehting is your right..means its somethign "right" to do.

By this statement alone ah know yuh is not ah History teacher!  Yuh need tuh exercise yuh franchise and vote....if yuh eh like either ah de major parties, do some research and educate yuhself on de minority parties, a vote, indeed if many of us vote for one ah dem parties, a clear message will be sent!  Don't you think so?

but the ironic thing is that voting..and puttin in power a group of fello citizens is suppose to be the way we stop allowing things to be "that" way. but it doesnt work..cause hwo ever in power just conitnue the corruption status quo and dat defeats the purpose
   I am going be an ass here (forgive me eh)...so maybe instead ah voting dem out, firing dey arse we should do ah little revolution ting and send dem tuh de guillotine?

who will get angrier if trini goes to hill those who continue to vote the said party who trashed the place..
or those who didnt vote.... and like ME would jus sigh

The only irony here is the fact that people like you who DONT vote are the reason for MY country going downhill, being destroyed and sullied!  Because when allyuh doh vote allyuh saying tings good, keep whoever in power in power we satisfied.  Becasue as I already pointed out...if nobody votes in de next election, de PNM retains power..so sit down and whine dat tings bad and doh vote....send the message loud and clear, I like it as it is, becasue whining is my ting!

Feliziano tell de trute about Governmental handouts yuh know...like de Old Roma Empire decadence set in, apathy ruled and that once great civilization crumbled...Trinidad on ah similar path....God forbid.

He eh lie when he say dat UNC was a more efficient leadership dan de PNM either.  But he either lying, misguided or blinded to think and say that dey eh tief, and maybe as much as de PNM too!

Dey does spew race propaganda to divide the already partitioned nation.  Their own political machine is stalled and badly divided on issues of leadership, corruption control and direction, yet they presume to be ready to lead the nation and to solve race relations?

How can they do that when they cannot even set an example within their own house?

I will vote for satan and not lucifer this time.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2006, 10:39:13 AM »
with the petrodollars t&t making, corruption shouldn't be as big a deal as people making it out to be. it would be different if t&t were cash-strapped and had no resources and politicians were tiefing money from the poor. the fact of the matter is that t&t have lots of money. the real criteria should be what has the govt done? if a govt taking a few dollars on the side but making sure that pipe-born water is extended to other parts of the island, making sure that infrastructure is being built and improved, improving and buildilng new hospitals - that kind of thing, then i cyah begrudge them for taking money on the side when there is plenty. ah mean, it like people want politicans to act like saints like govt is a church or something. that doh make sense.

so the test for me is which new govt will do better for the people despite their very apparent flaws.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2006, 02:34:32 PM »
Where is NJAC when yuh need dem?

Ah wonder if Sat have he own party or maybe he have to bring somebody down from India to inspire he to form one?

Mebbe Lok Jak could form he own party?  Wait...if ah not mistaken....ah tink he is!  He, Quei Tung, Chow Lin On and dem might be doin a ting

Den of course Sabga, Salloum and Aboud and dem could form dem own

Perreria, Ferreria, De Freitas, De Souza and dem could have dem own

Plenty options out dey besides PNM and UNC

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline cocoapanyol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2006, 02:58:44 PM »
Where is NJAC when yuh need dem?

Ah wonder if Sat have he own party or maybe he have to bring somebody down from India to inspire he to form one?

Mebbe Lok Jak could form he own party?  Wait...if ah not mistaken....ah tink he is!  He, Quei Tung, Chow Lin On and dem might be doin a ting

Den of course Sabga, Salloum and Aboud and dem could form dem own

Perreria, Ferreria, De Freitas, De Souza and dem could have dem own

Plenty options out dey besides PNM and UNC

;D ;D :beermug: :beermug:
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Offline dyansie

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2006, 03:12:10 PM »
Once the focus on the citizens, then they good for something

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2006, 04:56:01 PM »
wow one dya i eh come onlien and meh ass is grass..lord.fadda
well i real busy..school start so it go hadda be weekend i sit and asnwer.....doh worry i e running. will be back...
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2006, 05:10:07 PM »
Organic, I carefully re-read your reasons for not voting, and you gave conflicted reasons for not voting.  I clearly see that you are disenchanted, just like I am, but fella, come now. re-read what you posted and tell me that yuh eh engage in double speak!

now specifically the pnm... knows in the present situation they will get relected, hence they really dont heed what the ppl syaing. i will use the whoel aluminium smleter issue as an example. BY the ppl for the ppl.     
what th eppl need to do instead of voting..the usual suspects..is to make them know that incumbacny and race is not a cause for reelection while the country is in the state it is.

Yuh saying de PNM know dat dey getting re-elected so dey eh doing ah ting tuh improve de situation...so why yuh eh voting again?    Is people like you who does allow dem tuh carry on so.  Dey know allyuh disenchanted, so dey maintain de status quo!  Thanks fuh dat breds!  Yuh contributing tuh de destruction ah MY country!

because if all ah we who disgruntled did vote dey arse would be long gorn!

i agree its my right....but dont forget ..not because somehting is your right..means its somethign "right" to do.

By this statement alone ah know yuh is not ah History teacher!  Yuh need tuh exercise yuh franchise and vote....if yuh eh like either ah de major parties, do some research and educate yuhself on de minority parties, a vote, indeed if many of us vote for one ah dem parties, a clear message will be sent!  Don't you think so?

but the ironic thing is that voting..and puttin in power a group of fello citizens is suppose to be the way we stop allowing things to be "that" way. but it doesnt work..cause hwo ever in power just conitnue the corruption status quo and dat defeats the purpose
   I am going be an ass here (forgive me eh)...so maybe instead ah voting dem out, firing dey arse we should do ah little revolution ting and send dem tuh de guillotine?

who will get angrier if trini goes to hill those who continue to vote the said party who trashed the place..
or those who didnt vote.... and like ME would jus sigh

The only irony here is the fact that people like you who DONT vote are the reason for MY country going downhill, being destroyed and sullied!  Because when allyuh doh vote allyuh saying tings good, keep whoever in power in power we satisfied.  Becasue as I already pointed out...if nobody votes in de next election, de PNM retains power..so sit down and whine dat tings bad and doh vote....send the message loud and clear, I like it as it is, becasue whining is my ting!

Feliziano tell de trute about Governmental handouts yuh know...like de Old Roma Empire decadence set in, apathy ruled and that once great civilization crumbled...Trinidad on ah similar path....God forbid.

He eh lie when he say dat UNC was a more efficient leadership dan de PNM either.  But he either lying, misguided or blinded to think and say that dey eh tief, and maybe as much as de PNM too!

Dey does spew race propaganda to divide the already partitioned nation.  Their own political machine is stalled and badly divided on issues of leadership, corruption control and direction, yet they presume to be ready to lead the nation and to solve race relations?

How can they do that when they cannot even set an example within their own house?

I will vote for satan and not lucifer this time.
ok i coulndt wait
 so u saying...i asking now....i should vote for unc, just to send a message to pnm? i asking now if that is what u mean.
allyuh actin like i said voting is worng. and ppl shouldnt do it. i said i would be the first to vite.. if i saw someoen to vote for.. u vote for lucifer... dais your perogative.... i never said u shouldnt vote.
and what u said id ppl like me who have the coutnry going down cause i dont vote..and as u rightly said gives the vote to the incumbent..
whata bout all thos eppl who voted for unc/nar coalition and ousted the pnm. u think they were happy after 4 yrs. pnm got a message...or should have...it didnt stick did it cause once they back in power ..same shit different day.
i eh know how beheading ppl come into any thign( though cause of the french revolution de same democracy and voting rights allyuh touting came into being eh. (and i am not a history teacher..BUT I KNOW ALOT OF HISTROY ALOT.)
i agree also with u about do some reaseacr and educate yuh self bout th eminor parties.....
in trini...is for the past how long njac....which had thier own black power agenda...and dem days i wa syoung so it eh apply to me.
 now i see there are some new parties....if they seem tobe a bitter bet i WILL vote for them..however....before they even start good  they have infighting...we will see..if they serious and i like what they "say" they will do..i will try to chancge.
lemem repeat again before ppl all meh out again i never say pl shoudlnt vote...lord fadda i said i will vote when i find someone STILL EH VOTING JUST EBCAUSE.

DUtty as a teacher i try to keep my opnions as much as possible outta discusson especially if it is a senstive topic.. example genetic modification or inteligent design.
 if a  student was to ask me..i would tell them..everyhtign that wa smentioned by our asttute fellow forumites....that its thier right to vote and ppl fought long n hard etc etc. my opnions has nuttit o do with the information i imparting( wellw e try though we might fail)

another thign i dont think as a ppl ...or citizens of any country .. w houls have to settle for lucifer or satan... dais my pt..dais encuoragign shit..y cant..even if is nto not...but maybe an angelic body...or even FRIGGIN HUMAN.
IF dem same ppl who fought for the right to vote settled .. then  all this discussion woulda be non exsistent now.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2006, 07:10:42 PM »
I like how this thread going.
I was fraid it would just be arguing bout which Party better but that is peripheral.

If you rely solely on voting in a general election as your participation then nothing will change....so by itself it really isn't all that powerful.  U mght say we have left voting as our only way of participating for too long.

People at home are beginning to realise (slowly) that participating in the governance of our country goes WAY BEYOND voting.  It gives me some hope that there is the possibility that we are awakening to our power to direct...not be directed.  By force and desperation people are seeking ways to facilitate that shift. 

The people have to understand and USE the tools in the constitution that allow them to direct what we as a country do.  A new constitution is on the cards....I assume after this election....but it is only as good as we put it to use. 

We have more than two parties in T&T btw......really doesn't matter if you think they going to win or not.  The smaller parties are usually quite different BUT...I suspect many people believe it is a hopeless vote for them if they know they not going to win.  This is not the case...Fishs I salute your choice...u make  a statement   :beermug:

Organic...I also have to say I kinda respect/understand the choice to abstain if you believe it makes a statement.  I'd hope u would find some other way to participate...perhaps ways you think are more effective. (not Abu Bakr methods doh   :devil:)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 07:12:28 PM by dcs »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2006, 07:16:33 PM »
with the petrodollars t&t making, corruption shouldn't be as big a deal as people making it out to be. it would be different if t&t were cash-strapped and had no resources and politicians were tiefing money from the poor. the fact of the matter is that t&t have lots of money. the real criteria should be what has the govt done? if a govt taking a few dollars on the side but making sure that pipe-born water is extended to other parts of the island, making sure that infrastructure is being built and improved, improving and buildilng new hospitals - that kind of thing, then i cyah begrudge them for taking money on the side when there is plenty. ah mean, it like people want politicans to act like saints like govt is a church or something. that doh make sense.

so the test for me is which new govt will do better for the people despite their very apparent flaws.
dat is what i does say too.
dey could thief money but at least try and spend 80% or more on developing the country..not take all for yuh friends and family.
it will always have corruption..it does just get more noticeable when one party thief more than the next party and then they start to bitch bout it lol
at least this rounds from the PNM we get ah tsunami shelter  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2006, 07:19:10 PM »
Does it make sense to vote in this country? Looking around at all that happening
aye Manning God-daughter  ;D
ah now realize what yuh ask dey lol
so exactly what is happening all around?
is it good or bad?
yuh better doh let yuh Uncle Pat see yuh asking them kinda questions in public  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline dyansie

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2006, 05:17:02 AM »
My dear Feliziano, I still do believe in the foundation that the PNM started but i am not to happy with exactly what is taking place, especially with the poor people, we have too much money and helping other countries and we forgetting our own. Our country comes first, we elected you, we put you as our first choice, so we expect the same.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2006, 05:48:06 AM »
 In seriousness.

Have you guys seen the draft constitution written by Ellis Clarke ?

Well if you have not, let me tell you that the constitution creates an executive president that is above the law and has some of the more important independant bodies answerable to him or her.
For instance the service commissions now fall under him, the DPP and part of the judiciary. Amongst other thing like no independant senators.
Read Selwyn Ryan and the constitution is available on the PNM website

If PNM wins a 3/4 majority this constitution will more than likely be approved and become law.

Manning may not be the man to abuse this power but what about laters ?

Check out the scenario when yuh decide to vote.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Some poll results
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2006, 12:06:14 AM »
Trinidad Guardian
Sunday 12th November, 2006
Blows for Govt on crime

With the murder toll standing at 326 for the year so far, with the slaying of a US resident and a D’Abadie handyman yesterday, the Government is taking a licking on its handling of crime.

And not only do the majority of people feel that the Government is doing a poor job in handling crime, most of them would not vote for the PNM in the next general election.

These are the results of the ANSA McAL poll which is published on Page 32.

Answering the question: How would you rate the Government’s handling of the crime situation this year, 59 per cent of the survey population said poor, with only 11 saying good and 30 per cent fair.

While not unexpectedly, the largest percentage of Indo-Trinidadians and mixed people gave the Government a poor rating on its handling of crime, the largest segment of Afro-Trinidadians gave a fair rating.

And while the PNM stood ahead of its rivals in terms of the party that would do the best job of dealing with crime, at a mere 15 per cent, it was overwhelmed by the percentage of people, at 61 per cent, who just didn’t know who would do the best job.

The ratings were even more dismal in terms of kidnappings, with 71 per cent of the population saying they don’t think the Government has adequately dealt with the problem.

Capping this trend of disenchantment with the Government’s handling of crime overall, a whopping 49 per cent of the population said the crime situation would cause them to vote against the ruling party and 37 per cent said they didn’t know.

A mere 14 per cent said they would still vote for the PNM, despite the crime situation.

The poll’s findings follow a particularly uneasy week in T&T last week, which started with the shooting death in Felicity of Kevin Valley of St Thomas Village in Chaguanas on Sunday, and which saw police being called in to restore and maintain calm over the Felicity and St Thomas Village areas.

On Sunday, too, poultry farmer David Ramkissoon was abducted, with the kidnappers demanding a $3 million ransom.

He was released on Friday.

The slaying of US resident Scott Coy and D’Abadie handyman Karlon Maxwell follows Friday’s discovery of the body of 40-year-old PH driver George Samuel in Santa Cruz, and the charred body of a woman found in a burnt house in San Juan, which an autopsy showed to have chop wounds to the neck.

On Friday, also, a woman, Rambhar Narine, was found chopped and bludgeoned to death on the back steps of her Barrackpore home.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:09:04 AM by dcs »

truetrini

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2006, 12:12:21 AM »
well dcs, if dat poll is true den yuh dreams will coem true and no more PNM Government. ::)

Doh hold yuh breath.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2006, 12:35:13 AM »
 :-X

waiting to exhale

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2006, 04:07:22 PM »
my 2 cents...I agree a non-vote is a vote for the PNM. I'm sorry, but having read the draft constitution I can suggest to you that you can look forward to PM being in charge of everything, and 'not a damn dog bark', the red House will be his private office, the 40M house will be built in St anns, there will be 3 smelters in trinidad, no agriculture, cos the arable land will be in housing, except for cuban run farms, foreign doctors and nurses in the hospitals, a rapid rail system that will cosst $103 million dollars to run per year after building at a cost of $??? Billion. the judges and the legal system will offer no recourse as the PM will  be able to select his own judges, or prevent any he doesn't approve of. 
the list goes on and on, cos members of the public are being described as "dotish and foolish" and I can't imagine why a 'PNM till ah dead" would accept those descriptions of themselves. sorry there must be an alternative...

truetrini

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2006, 05:06:12 PM »
my 2 cents...I agree a non-vote is a vote for the PNM. I'm sorry, but having read the draft constitution I can suggest to you that you can look forward to PM being in charge of everything, and 'not a damn dog bark', the red House will be his private office, the 40M house will be built in St anns, there will be 3 smelters in trinidad, no agriculture, cos the arable land will be in housing, except for cuban run farms, foreign doctors and nurses in the hospitals, a rapid rail system that will cosst $103 million dollars to run per year after building at a cost of $??? Billion. the judges and the legal system will offer no recourse as the PM will  be able to select his own judges, or prevent any he doesn't approve of. 
the list goes on and on, cos members of the public are being described as "dotish and foolish" and I can't imagine why a 'PNM till ah dead" would accept those descriptions of themselves. sorry there must be an alternative...

dear Ann, me eh know how I come tuh be recognized as a PNM til ah dead....at all, at all.

I is jes ah PNM until UNC dead!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2006, 10:33:39 PM »

unc is already dead.

Who getting airtime these days...Gillian Lucky, Yetming...dat is not UNC.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2006, 06:24:21 AM »
There are alternatives to the ruling party. Do not be discouraged by the rumblings in the UNC leaders.
All I am saying is we need as a people to grow up and stand up. Our opinion on the manner in which our country is being run is valid. right or wrong, we have a right to be heard. Even if the PNM wins the election they have to accept that they are not there to 'rule' but to 'serve' this is the lesson.

1]; } ?>