April 27, 2024, 09:30:20 AM

Author Topic: Wha is a real scene with soucouyant??  (Read 19760 times)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Re: Wha is a real scene with soucouyant??
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2006, 10:38:48 AM »
ah tell yuh ...Trinicana story true.

Moruga was home for all a dem La Diablesse, papa bois and ligahoo.

One nite, i in the back seat of a simca driving from Princess Town to Moruga and my auntie telling us about all dese supernatural creature and we turn a corner .... an who we see? nobody but Papa Bois, dis time, in the shape of a donkey.   The light from the car highbeams, reflecting from huge donkey eyes.  Ah tink a pee mehself when ah see he.

An the La Diablesse ... ah tink ah know who she. 

I think today, these creatures of a folklore are slowly disappearing .... too much urban sprawl.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: pecan like cana does share she moonshine wiht u...lol

if she share enough, we even see La Diabless right here in London Ontario.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2006, 11:48:28 AM »

One nite, i in the back seat of a simca driving from Princess Town to Moruga and my auntie telling us about all dese supernatural creature and we turn a corner .... an who we see? nobody but Papa Bois, dis time, in the shape of a donkey.   The light from the car highbeams, reflecting from huge donkey eyes.  Ah tink a pee mehself when ah see he.

I think today, these creatures of a folklore are slowly disappearing .... too much urban sprawl.

nah dey still around wearing suit and tie ie manning, panday, dookeran, maharaj, vallery, bissessar (dwen), mottley - all ah dem forkindelaw (folklore) ;D

and just to let ya know Mr Organic...ah doh share meh juice :devil:

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2006, 12:55:55 PM »

pecan what is ah ligahoo again ???

lemme get it straight
la biablesse is dey oman with dey cow foot
soucouyant is dem who does fly (ball ah fire) and suck tur leave mark on ya body
papa bois is dey one dat turn animal aka donkey
dwen is dem who left foot turn back to front right ???
ligahoo ???
what else ah miss ???

gosh anywhere on this forum ya does get ah little knowledge yes :beermug:

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2006, 01:01:49 PM »
lagahoo is a donkey jumbee..or someone whod oes turn into a donkey
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2006, 01:34:39 PM »
lagahoo is a donkey jumbee..or someone whod oes turn into a donkey

well if datz dey case...it have alot ah dem kissmehass ligahoo in London
and all ah dem driving car with dey backside hanging out dey window.  >:(

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2006, 03:05:26 PM »

lemme get it straight
soucouyant is dem who does fly (ball ah fire) and suck tur leave mark on ya body
ligahoo ???
what else ah miss ???

Ah check dis web site

http://www.triniview.com/TnT/Folklore.htm

"Papa Bois" is the old man of the forest and is known by many names, including "Maître Bois" (master of the woods) and "Daddy Bouchon" (hairy man).  Papa Bois appears in many different forms, sometimes as a deer, or in old ragged clothes, sometimes hairy and though very old, extremely strong and muscular, with cloven hoofs and leaves growing out of his beard.

The "Ligahoo" or "Loup Garou" is the shape changer of Trinidad's folklore. An ability which is handed down in some old creole families, this phenomenon is usually associated with an old magic-dealing man of a district who is both feared and respected, not only for his facility to change his form to that of a vicious animal, but also for his power over nature.

But the most feared of all is La Muffin de Puffin.  Reputed to have tongue of fire, nails to jook out yuh eye if you cross her de wrong way.  Handle with extreme caution if yuh bounce up with she in the depths of the forest.  However, you can avoid a quick demise if you smile kindly and offer to do the housework and take she out for a fine dinner.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2006, 03:22:54 PM »

lemme get it straight
ligahoo ???
what else ah miss ???

Ah check dis web site

http://www.triniview.com/TnT/Folklore.htm

"Papa Bois" is the old man of the forest and is known by many names, including "Maître Bois" (master of the woods) and "Daddy Bouchon" (hairy man).  Papa Bois appears in many different forms, sometimes as a deer, or in old ragged clothes, sometimes hairy and though very old, extremely strong and muscular, with cloven hoofs and leaves growing out of his beard.

The "Ligahoo" or "Loup Garou" is the shape changer of Trinidad's folklore. An ability which is handed down in some old creole families, this phenomenon is usually associated with an old magic-dealing man of a district who is both feared and respected, not only for his facility to change his form to that of a vicious animal, but also for his power over nature.

But the most feared of all is La Muffin de Puffin.  Reputed to have tongue of fire, nails to jook out yuh eye if you cross her de wrong way.  Handle with extreme caution if yuh bounce up with she in the depths of the forest.  However, you can avoid a quick demise if you smile kindly and offer to do the housework and take she out for a fine dinner.

and doh forget....she does tun red in colour if she doh get she curry and cyah find ah chinee midget  :devil:

The "Ligahoo" or "Loup Garou" is the shape changer of Trinidad's folklore. An ability which is handed down in some old creole families, this phenomenon is usually associated with an old magic-dealing man of a district who is both feared and respected, not only for his facility to change his form to that of a vicious animal, but also for his power over nature. <------------dat sound jus like ah oman tho
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 03:25:58 PM by TriniCana »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2006, 01:22:41 AM »
http://www.triniview.com/TnT/Soucouyant.htm

pecan ah read dis at 3:21 am this morning cause ah certain scamp had meh up ole talking on dey people msn and now ah cyah sleep no ass.

THANKS  >:(
ah fraid meh room, it dark :'(

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2006, 10:43:30 AM »
http://www.triniview.com/TnT/Soucouyant.htm

pecan ah read dis at 3:21 am this morning cause ah certain scamp had meh up ole talking on dey people msn and now ah cyah sleep no ass.

THANKS  >:(
ah fraid meh room, it dark :'(

I seem to recall Jodie was looking for remedies to sleep at night ... maybe yuh should review the replies.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2006, 01:47:57 PM »
thanks pecan..but wha go work fur Jodie ain't go work fur me

ah need tur find meh own remedies to fight my fears ...(doh ask meh)

1]; } ?>