March 28, 2024, 02:52:48 PM

Author Topic: FOX SOCCER CHANNEL JAMAICA  (Read 17602 times)

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
FOX SOCCER CHANNEL JAMAICA
« on: September 06, 2006, 10:25:39 AM »
Channel joins with SportsMax
Local sports to break into North American market
Observer Reporter
Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Veronica Alvarez, director of marketing and communication at Fox Soccer Channel signs the agreement with SportsMax chairman Pat Rousseau (seated right) yesterday in New Kingston. Looking on (from left) are Phillip Martin and Oliver McIntosh of SportsMax. (Photo: Michael Gordon)

Fox Soccer Channel and the International Media Content Limited (IMC), the parent company of SportsMax, yesterday announced the signing of an agreement which gives SportsMax the broadcast and distribution rights in Jamaica for the rebranded Fox Soccer Channel Jamaica, effective October 1, 2006.

The agreement gives SportsMax the right to place local and regional content and commercial inventory on Fox Soccer Channel Jamaica, as well as for SportsMax to market and distribute Fox Soccer Channel Jamaica to cable operators via SportsMax's satellite network.

"... This is both a unique and historical occasion," remarked the Hon Pat Rousseau, OJ, chairman of SportsMax Limited.
"This is the classical case of the whales not swallowing the minnows, but joining the minnows. We are a very small, new company and Fox Soccer Channel is part of a very big and powerful organisation and I think the alliance means a lot to both of us," he added.

"We both feel there are benefits to be gained," he said, eyeing the prospects of SportsMax placing Caribbean sports on the Fox Soccer Channel network in North America.
"This is a huge advantage and this is something we look forward to exploiting in the very near future."

The agreement also includes SportsMax developing local and regional programming on Fox Soccer Channel Jamaica, with the prospect for broadcast on Fox Soccer Channel in the USA and Canada.

SportsMax Limited has up to four hours per day to place regional and local content on Fox Soccer Channel Jamaica, after both parties agree on the local and regional programming to be broadcast.

IMC will still operate its SportsMax channel and will offer the two channels via subscriptions through cable operators islandwide for a monthly subscription fee, which was not disclosed.

Oliver McIntosh, president and CEO of SportsMax Limited, explained that the decision to offer the channels via a subscription package is in line with other top international sports channels, such as Sky Sports in the UK, Super Sport in South Africa and Ten Sport in Asia.

"Channels like ours are less dependent on the advertising market," he said. "Subscription revenues will allow SportsMax to continue to provide a high quality and quantity of international, regional and local sports and to develop sports content for broadcast into North America."

It is expected that the gross television audience will grow from 600,000 to more than 25 million cable and satellite households in the US and the Caribbean.

And Veronica Alvarez, director, marketing and communication at Fox Soccer Channel, said she believes that the Fox Soccer Channel Jamaica will be the destination for sports for the Caribbean.

"By double teaming with IMC and SportsMax, together we create a localised version of Fox Soccer Channel tailor-made for Jamaican fans," she said.

"Thanks to IMC, Jamaican television audience will get top quality programming ... and the North American market will learn more about the Jamaican game and its contribution to the world's game."

Aside from the English Premiership and the FA Cup, Fox Soccer Channel Jamaica will broadcast Italian Serie A, the Argentine League, CONCACAF Champions Cup, the USA's Major League Soccer, as well as daily Sky Sports News and Fox Sports World Report.

SportsMax currently broad-casts to 17 countries in the Caribbean and has exclusive rights for programmes such as the overseas West Indies cricket tours, the Ashes Series between Australia and England, EURO 2008 qualifiers, the South American Copa America and the IAAF Grand Prix.

Don't shoot the messenger. :) :)

« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 10:28:31 AM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
Re: FOX SOCCER CHANNEL JAMAICA
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 10:52:13 AM »
Nah, I think that is good news for the Caribbean as a whole  :beermug: maybe the PFL could get a little space on FSCJA in the future...more exposure for everybody.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 10:57:48 AM »
Nah, I think that is good news for the Caribbean as a whole  :beermug: maybe the PFL could get a little space on FSCJA in the future...more exposure for everybody.

Big Up!
That's the deal I'm hoping for too. Total exposure for Caribbean football.
jjbrown

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 11:35:20 AM »
this Ja sportsmax channel is the best allyuh, they bring coverage of nearly every single sport that has Ja interest, so if u living there and u like sports, u can get coverage on almost anything.

I rememebr i see the TT vs Czech WC warm up game in Kingston...

We need a station like that in T&T, one that does not stick.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 01:36:54 PM »
this Ja sportsmax channel is the best allyuh, they bring coverage of nearly every single sport that has Ja interest, so if u living there and u like sports, u can get coverage on almost anything.

I rememebr i see the TT vs Czech WC warm up game in Kingston...

We need a station like that in T&T, one that does not stick.
Don't forget that Jamaica as an exclusive sports now that started broadcasting at midnight June 10. A day after the World Cup started.

Jamaica's own: TVJ SPORTS NETWORK.
jjbrown

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 09:16:20 AM »
Wonderful news for caribbean sports lovers.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 09:45:49 AM »
So why cannot be called fox sports soccer channel  caribbean why jamaica has to be behind it? steeps rubbish
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 09:48:41 AM »
So why cannot be called fox sports soccer channel  caribbean why jamaica has to be behind it? steeps rubbish

Dem Jamaicians taking care ah dem business - we have to start thinking outside de box.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 10:02:21 AM »

Dem Jamaicians taking care ah dem business - we have to start thinking outside de box.

I know but if they shouw it through out the caribbean it should be fox soccer chaneel caribbean. but yuh right we have to start thinking so
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 10:09:12 AM »

u kidding right.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 10:35:54 AM »
Did you read and understand. Or did you just read.
jjbrown

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 10:48:40 AM »

haul yuh backside

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 11:20:14 AM »

haul yuh backside
I expected a better response from you of all persons.
Do you think they should have come to T&T because you were in Germany.
jjbrown

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 06:12:06 PM »
Warner should have gotten us a deal too !! :devil:
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 05:46:08 AM »
Ah hope them camera man walk with bullet proof vest.....  :devil:
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 05:48:24 AM »

And if they ever decide one day to go to Trinidad and Tobago, tell them to walk with a personal body guard...lest he be kidnapped for a ransome!

you dont think before you type do you?

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 05:56:31 AM »

And if they ever decide one day to go to Trinidad and Tobago, tell them to walk with a personal body guard...lest he be kidnapped for a ransome!

you dont think before you type do you?

a touch sensitive, are we?
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 06:25:42 AM »
The "mansions and benz" upper class types tend to be

Now please,, say nothing more or he just may cry in his ackee & saltfish.....or rather "beluga caviar & Vichyssoise" as he refers to it
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 06:27:31 AM by Dutty »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 07:25:58 AM »
RF, T&T have no more kidnapping..... them gone back Jamaica. When last you hear of any in T&T...

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2006, 05:34:50 AM »

Now please,, say nothing more or he just may cry in his ackee & saltfish.....or rather "beluga caviar & Vichyssoise" as he refers to it

I will send you some Ackee and Saltfish one of these days. The stuff is available in every supermarket here in teh USA. When next you go to your local supermarket head straight for the section that is labelled "Jamaican food"... you might change your name from Dutty to another Jamaica name "Ackee"  ;D

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2006, 10:50:15 AM »

hoping the pfl could get the exposure would be nice

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2006, 11:11:12 AM »

I will send you some Ackee and Saltfish one of these days. The stuff is available in every supermarket here in teh USA. When next you go to your local supermarket head straight for the section that is labelled "Jamaican food"... you might change your name from Dutty to another Jamaica name "Ackee"  ;D

pardna...ah not saying this on a hater scene...but ackee is not a thing to be bragging bout :-\ . And you could find saltfish plenty places outside of Jamaica. It not even half as 'west indian' as you think it is.

And we done tell you that the word "dutty" is no jamaica thing. I hearing that word since i know mihself, be it in TNT or Grenada. The only people in the english speaking caribbean that must be doh use that word is the Bajans, proper as they feel they is.
In the same way west indians does say tutty for thirty and tusty for thirsty and dut for dirt, we does say dutty for dirty. I ent see what yuh point is. Reggae and jerk chicken is alyuh thing, but doh try and claim every west indian thing for jamaica...since we lend alyuh we caribbean cup once or twice yuh putting on airs...doh study it, we taking back we property just now  :devil:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2006, 04:06:35 PM »

pardna...ah not saying this on a hater scene...but ackee is not a thing to be bragging bout :-\ . And you could find saltfish plenty places outside of Jamaica. It not even half as 'west indian' as you think it is.

And we done tell you that the word "dutty" is no jamaica thing. I hearing that word since i know mihself, be it in TNT or Grenada. The only people in the english speaking caribbean that must be doh use that word is the Bajans, proper as they feel they is.
In the same way west indians does say tutty for thirty and tusty for thirsty and dut for dirt, we does say dutty for dirty. I ent see what yuh point is. Reggae and jerk chicken is alyuh thing, but doh try and claim every west indian thing for jamaica...since we lend alyuh we caribbean cup once or twice yuh putting on airs...doh study it, we taking back we property just now  :devil:

Bragging? where did I brag about anything? Seems your mind is playing tricks on you. I'll send you a meal of Ackee and saltfish too. Let me know if you like it with roast bredfruit or dumplings  ;D

"Dutty" is not "Jamaican".... Thing is, I have never heard the word used in any context by a Trini, particularly on this message board. Its a regular part of JAmaican dialect. So pardon my ignorance for believing the individual "Dutty" was a Jamaican wanna bee. Although he might still be  ;D. Actually, we use the caribbean cup to test our local based players and players looing to break into the senior team. How many of those Caribbean titles did you win outside of T&T? And have you won any in Jamaica? I believe we have won it in your back yards!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 04:14:45 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2006, 04:38:58 PM »
How many of those Caribbean titles did you win outside of T&T? And have you won any in Jamaica? I believe we have won it in your back yards!

T&T won the Caribbean Cup away in:- Barbados (89), Jamaica (95) and Antigua (97). Biggest win in 1997 (T&T 4 v Jamaica 2).

Jamaica won it in 1998, both T&T and Jamaica played co-host that year. However, I think the final was played in T&T, not 100% sure.

Martinique won it in Jamaica in 1993.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2006, 05:07:44 PM »
How many of those Caribbean titles did you win outside of T&T? And have you won any in Jamaica? I believe we have won it in your back yards!

T&T won the Caribbean Cup away in:- Barbados (89), Jamaica (95) and Antigua (97). Biggest win in 1997 (T&T 4 v Jamaica 2).

Jamaica won it in 1998, both T&T and Jamaica played co-host that year. However, I think the final was played in T&T, not 100% sure.

Stop asking stupid questions and do your own damn research RF.
The truth will always set you free. Shit talk does just leave yuh smelling...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2006, 05:34:59 PM »

Stop asking stupid questions and do your own damn research RF.
The truth will always set you free. Shit talk does just leave yuh smelling...

You have hosted the Caribbean cup finals on more occasions than any other caribbean nation. Is it any surprise then that you have won the tourney more than anyone else?

I really cant recall the last time that thing was ever hosted in Jamaica.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2006, 07:34:58 AM »
You have hosted the Caribbean cup finals on more occasions than any other caribbean nation. Is it any surprise then that you have won the tourney more than anyone else?

T&T hosted the Caribbean Cup in; 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998 (co-host with Jamaica), 1999 & 2001.

Jamaica hosted the Caribbean Cup in; 1991, 1993, 1995 & 1998 (co-host with T&T).

Bear in mind we also have the facility to host such events.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 07:42:55 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2006, 07:42:29 AM »

T&T hosted the Caribbean Cup in; 1992, 1994, 1996, 1998 (co-host with Jamaica), 1999 & 2001.

Jamaica hosted the Caribbean Cup in; 1991, 1993, 1995 & 1998 (co-host with T&T).

Bear in mind we also have the facility to host such events.

Well after seein the amount of annual dates and how recent they were, I really have to question whether reggaefan is FROM jamaica?? has ever even been to Jamaica??....I think he's really ah refugee from montserrat
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 07:43:46 AM by Flex »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2006, 07:46:08 AM »
Jamaica have one football field how de ass they host them games. And that one field bumpy more than Penal Rock Road. Goat grazing on it now...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 07:48:33 AM by Sam »

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2006, 10:41:18 AM »
Jamaica have one football field how de ass they host them games. And that one field bumpy more than Penal Rock Road. Goat grazing on it now...
And yet with the 1 stadium (THE OFFICE) Fox Soccer Channel is coming here. How ironic. :rotfl: :rotfl:
jjbrown

1]; } ?>