April 26, 2024, 08:14:24 PM

Author Topic: Rooney giving out black eyes  (Read 5445 times)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rooney giving out black eyes
« on: September 08, 2006, 08:15:56 AM »
Wayne Rooney was involved in an altercation with fellow Premiership star Michael Gray in a plush Manchester restaurant on Saturday night.

MikeEgerton/Empics
Michael Gray: Alcohol fueled?

The 20-year-old Manchester United striker was with fiancee Coleen McLoughlin and three other couples, all long-standing close friends of the pair, at the Panacea restaurant, when Gray, himself capped three times by England in 1999, wandered over, apparently under the influence of alcohol.

The footballers exchanged words before it is alleged Rooney, while still seated, punched Gray, giving the player, who is now at Blackburn, a black eye.

'Wayne and Coleen were enjoying a night out with three other couples and were having a quiet dinner when Michael came up to their table uninvited,' said a spokesman for the striker.

'Michael then began making a number of remarks which were offensive to Coleen and Wayne's other female guests.

'Several times, Wayne asked Michael to leave. It was a brief incident and as far as Wayne is concerned, he bears no ill-feeling towards Michael.'

The incident comes at a time when the former Everton star is currently suspended from club duty and has only just completed an international ban for his dismissal during England's World Cup quarter-final defeat to Portugal.

The negative headlines are the last thing Rooney needed, given he has worked hard to try to curb the excesses of temper he has admitted in the past have caused him problems.

Yet given the provocation involved Saturday's incident, Rooney is unlikely to face any internal action from his club, while it is understood Gray has offered a full version of events to Blackburn boss Mark Hughes.

source www.soccernet.com
Back in Trini...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rooney giving out black eyes
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 08:17:54 AM »
what a shocker. I can't imagine Rooney being involved in something like that......
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 08:19:16 AM »
what a shocker. I can't imagine Rooney being involved in something like that......

yeah he has to be the calmest individual in de premiership!

but seriously i wudda like to hear wah Gray tell him so to piss him off!
Back in Trini...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 08:26:28 AM »
nah man Yuh hadda give jack he jacket......dis time it have justification

de man standin up in de restaurant mindin he business...ah nex man roll up drunk like hell and givin he gyul and she friends imps talk

plus rooney aks de man to leave "several times" too?...and he still eh go? well he hadda collect someting in trute.

I kinda surprise rooney didnt stamp him in he stones
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 08:26:40 AM »
what an arse, if he keeps this up his career is doomed. He is becoming a liabilty to have on and off the pitch, coaches who want to chance playing Rooney may have to equip their team to play with ten men. >:(

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 08:27:59 AM »

yeah he has to be the calmest individual in de premiership!

but seriously i wudda like to hear wah Gray tell him so to piss him off!

Well it took 2 months to hear what Matterazzi said.....so I eh holdin' meh breath......I'm sure the Sun will have numerous speculative versions of what was said though....UK crew ??

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 08:30:13 AM »
The Sun today said Gray asked for a threesome with Colleen...what the Sun DIDN'T say was if he asked for a threesome with Colleen and Wayne or Colleen and some other girl (I assume it's the latter)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 08:33:17 AM »
Rovers ace insulted Coleen

By NICK PARKER
The Sun
September 08, 2006

PREMIERSHIP ace Michael Gray felt the full force of Wayne Rooney’s power after suggesting a threesome with Coleen.

Rock-hard Rooney floored the Blackburn defender with one punch WITHOUT getting out of his seat at a nightclub.

Gobby Gray — who has since been sporting dark glasses to cover up a black eye — was decked after ignoring the Man United striker’s warnings to leave him and his party alone.

A clubber said: “It finally went off when he made the big mistake of suggesting a threesome with Coleen.

“Wayne whacked him without even getting from his seat. Gray hit the deck and by the time he stopped seeing stars he was removed by bouncers.”

Wayne and Coleen, both 20, were with pals at fashionable Panacea Bar and Restaurant in Manchester.

The witness said: “Wayne was enjoying a quiet night out with Coleen and three other couples when Gray confronted them.

“He’d been drinking and said Wayne should share the girls around and suggested they take two each.

“He became increasingly obnoxious.

“Wayne was very cool to begin with but Gray wouldn’t back off.

“Wayne told him to leave them alone three times.

“The management also asked him to cool it, but he just wouldn’t let up.”

It was at that point that Wayne — once a promising boxer — was pushed too far following Gray’s suggestion.

Police were NOT called to the incident on Saturday night and no complaint has been made against Wayne.

A spokesman for Wayne confirmed a brief altercation between the players.

He said: “Michael came up, uninvited, to their table. He began making a number of remarks offensive to Coleen and other female guests. Wayne several times asked Michael to leave.

“It was a brief incident. Wayne bears no ill will towards Michael.”

A Blackburn spokesman said Gray had made boss Mark Hughes “aware of the situation”. Gray’s pal Tony McGill said: “Mickey doesn’t want to say anything.”

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 08:42:40 AM »
Gangsta, Gangsta!  That's what they're yellin
"It's not about a salary, it's all about reality"
Gangsta, Gangsta!  That's what they're yellin
"Hopin you sophisticated motherf**kers hear what I have to
say"

- NWA

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 08:44:18 AM »
very uncharacteristic
such a level headed individual
doh expect him to fly off the handle at all

Més que un club.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 08:54:57 AM »
Temperment or not, Gray got what he deserved.

There comes a time to walk away, and there comes a time to fight back.

If he had said something like this on the football field then it could have been passed over.  But he said it while in the company of the man's "wife".

How many of you fellas would let ah man come uninvitedly to your table and insult your wife in front your face and not do anything about it.

This is one time i support Rooney.

ah love it!!

nb: where were his body guards? doesnt rooney go everywhere with guards?

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 08:55:35 AM »
what an arse, if he keeps this up his career is doomed. He is becoming a liabilty to have on and off the pitch, coaches who want to chance playing Rooney may have to equip their team to play with ten men. >:(

Not !!........Rooney is the type of player.............is either u love him or you hate him....It have no in between. All Ronney fans applaud this and all the haters gonna jump all over it.

Rooney after all is a human being...............Gary was way outta line and any MAN worth a piece a salt woulda done the same thing/ or very similar. You think he gyal go make him forget that if he let it slide ?? Colleen woulda mark him for a PUNK....if he did not react !! :beermug:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 08:59:40 AM »

Not !!........Rooney is the type of player.............is either u love him or you hate him....It have no in between. All Ronney fans applaud this and all the haters gonna jump all over it.

Rooney after all is a human being...............Gary was way outta line and any MAN worth a piece a salt woulda done the same thing/ or very similar. You think he gyal go make him forget that if he let it slide ?? Colleen woulda mark him for a PUNK....if he did not react !! :beermug:

well,, even if he did nuttn..and she mark him for ah Punk

he still rich....so wha she go do? leave?...nope!!

when yuh poor ..you is "a punk"
when yuh rich...you is "a sensitive man who is in control of his emotions"
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 09:25:01 AM »
Dinner for 8 at swanky Panacea Bar - 1,200 pounds

Wayne's designer shoes - 350 pounds

One round of cocktails at the bar - 70 pounds

Watching Wayne clock out a man without even standing up - priceless

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 09:37:58 AM »
Yeah that was the best bit about it- flooring him while he was still in his chair.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 09:38:55 AM »
More and more I am losing respect for Rooney, he is going to end up like Gasgoine (an overated imps)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 09:44:48 AM »
More and more I am losing respect for Rooney, he is going to end up like Gasgoine (an overated imps)

Talking big now but if dat was you in Rooney position you would have not shown so much restraint and made sure that de man would have never forget what he did.  Black eye would have been the least of his worries

True talk no lie, if dat was me de man would have been eating chair cross he back, but dat is just me
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 09:48:29 AM »

Talking big now but if dat was you in Rooney position you would have not shown so much restraint and made sure that de man would have never forget what he did.  Black eye would have been the least of his worries

True talk no lie, if dat was me de man would have been eating chair cross he back, but dat is just me

I hear yuh but he have to control that temper he have it would hurt him in the long run, yuh know Fergie doh play

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 09:51:19 AM »

Where do you all get this drivel from? Extreme provocation at the very least... extreme restraint as well shown by young Wayne.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2006, 10:00:44 AM »
I dont think wayne did the right thing, but the man was asking for a 3some ! I figure most men would do that.. what els can yuh do? n if he dont do much coleen gon be askin why he did nun.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2006, 10:45:03 AM »
Such a talented indiviual ..reminds me of Mike tyson.hmmmnn.... if he was not playing football I wonder what he would be doing ???
Shame that they should wind up the poor boy like that .. Wayne sould have used his head ....like Zinadine  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2006, 11:25:26 AM »

I hear yuh but he have to control that temper he have it would hurt him in the long run, yuh know Fergie doh play

True but I think he'll let this one pass with another warning. :rotfl: :beermug: :devil:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 11:27:23 AM by dragon1974 »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2006, 01:15:58 PM »
Another Paul Gascoigne in the making. take note rooney, take note, where Gazza end up?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2006, 01:46:39 PM »

dread you a kinnda ass awa?  ..   if some one was to insult ur wife and her friend.... in ur case.. ur left and right hands...  u wudda wa hit d man too

boy f**k you and all d c**ts dat say rooney was wrong for dat....  d man tell him move away several times....   he was destined to be f**ked.......

THERE'S ONLY ONE WAYNE ROONEY!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 03:46:15 PM by Small Magician »

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2006, 01:50:16 PM »

dread you a kinnda ass awa?  ..   if some one was to insult ur wife and her friend.... in ur case you left and right hands...  u wudda wa hit d man too

boy f**k you and all d c**ts dat say rooney was wrong for dat....  d man tell him move away several times....   he was destined to be f**ked.......

THERE'S ONLY ONE WAYNE ROONEY!

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :bringiton: :bringiton: :notworthy: :salute:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2006, 03:02:38 PM »

dread you a kinnda ass awa?  ..  if some one was to insult ur wife and her friend.... in ur case you left and right hands...  u wudda wa hit d man too

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2006, 03:38:05 PM »
if it was a one off incident I would ah say well the man deserve wha he get

but this is just another in a long list of f**kery with that man
he turning out to be an ill tempered thug
he need to take it down even if it means biting your lip and swallowing your pride
you feel he is the only celebrity that men does insult, yuh in the public eye that does come with the territory

Més que un club.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2006, 03:39:02 PM »
thugery.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2006, 03:47:44 PM »
thugery.

lol....   d man grow up in d laventille areas of england....  he never lost a fight as an ameteur boxer and was about to go pro untill he broke through at everton....

in other words   doe f**k with wayne rooney

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2006, 04:00:57 PM »
thugery.

lol....   d man grow up in d laventille areas of england....  he never lost a fight as an ameteur boxer and was about to go pro untill he broke through at everton....

in other words   doe f**k with wayne rooney

indeed... i have been in a far few of fights... I would love to pelt cuff everytime ah man come up harrassinmeh gyul... buh yuh hadda have some control... i understand if he's persistant but still...

I suppose i shouldnt really give him such a hardtime... more and more i realize as im typing this... im saying to myself... wouldnt I do the same?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

1]; } ?>