April 27, 2024, 02:14:38 PM

Author Topic: Ria Ramnarine gets ready for action in Germany  (Read 4857 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
Re: Ria Ramnarine gets ready for action in Germany
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 10:53:41 AM »
Well look thing..

this is one tuff indian chick... we on the map again :beermug: :beermug:

http://www.wban.org/biog/rramnarine.htm
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 01:41:34 PM »
Looks like she got taken by the German girl

Ramnarine bloodied in Germany
Express

Sunday, September 10th 2006

Regina Halmich, left, of Germany trades punches with Ria Ramnarine of Trinidad and Tobago during the WIBF Flyweight World Championship fight at the Boerdeland Hall yesterday in Magdeburg. 

RIA RAMNARINE of Trinidad and Tobago lasted for six rounds before being stopped on a technical knockout by German female ring legend Regina Halmich last night in the feature fight of a night of world championship women's boxing in Magdeburg, Germany.

Halmich, rated Europe's top female boxer, brought her record to an amazing 51 wins, one draw and one defeat with a six-round stoppage by referee Jean Luis Legland over former world junior flyweight champion Ramnarine in a WIBF flyweight title bout.

A report on the bout posted on fightnews.com stated: "Referee Legland couldn't endure the punishment Ramnarine was undergoing and abruptly stopped the fight early in the sixth round. Ramnarine's face was bloody but still beautiful under her tears of disappointment. Halmich rejoiced."

Halmich kept a steady pace with continuous and solid combinations, rarely missing her target, according to the report.

In the fifth round, Halmich tried to take Ramnarine out, backing her into the ropes, but the T&T fighter stood her ground with short punches, although mostly covering up.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 01:46:14 PM by e-man »

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 07:46:45 AM »
ah man say she get hand like sou sou!  :rotfl:

I not laughing at her though... she's tough, but has no right fighting a boxer of that quality without more work against boxers closer to her level (but better) so that she improves. We, in T&T, rate boxers here and promote them and they've got insufficient experience and exposure for it.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 11:06:07 AM »
she's tough, but has no right fighting a boxer of that quality without more work against boxers closer to her level (but better) so that she improves.

Wim use a similar line of logic to explain not playing Mexico and Colombia with all local-based players and people callin for his head.  funny

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 11:12:33 AM »
One big difference to note between boxing and football is that being underprepared to handle the skill of your opponent can literally get you killed in boxing. Kind of hard to compare risking your life with a bit of pride.

With regards to Wim's statement, if indeed his logic was similar to mine, then he's a smart coach. Blow outs can demoralise players or indeed the whole team. He's in a good position to assess the level of his players and what they are ready for. Despite our high opinion of ourselves our football is not particularly strong.

And lastly, since I never called for his head I fail to see the relevance of including it here.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 11:36:00 AM »
One big difference to note between boxing and football is that being underprepared to handle the skill of your opponent can literally get you killed in boxing. Kind of hard to compare risking your life with a bit of pride.

good thing I used similar and not same then. 

And lastly, since I never called for his head I fail to see the relevance of including it here.

whatever relevance there is, is simply in the fact that I interpreted a similarity (maybe analogy might be a better word) in the two arguments.  Feel free to evaluate the relevance as you please.  that is what came to mind when I read your comment and I made an offhand statement.  feel free to let it pass. or not.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 12:59:04 PM »
similar - having a likeness or resemblance, esp. in a general way.

same - identical with what is about to be or has just been mentioned

In my opinion it is hard to say the logic is similar when on the one hand the point is the risk to an athlete's life and on the other the point is not risk to the athletes' lives. Perhaps I am still not understanding how it is similar and I apologise.

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 02:11:27 PM »
well at the risk of being even more irrelevant to the main theme of the thread/board:

my interpretation of Wim's argument (simplistically) :

our locally based footballers are not proficient enough for the pros of playing Mexico and Colombia to outweigh the cons

maybe there is no likeness or resemblance to your train of thought, whatsover.  not even in a general way.  I'm not necessarily a sharp person and it's almost time for me to go home on a friday evening .  I'll move on.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 01:13:27 AM »
ahhh, then I don't think they're generally in the right direction, but I can see now how we ended up here.

I'll conceed to the similarity in argument though. The con in her boxing against someone with the German's quality is that she can lose her life and the pro is... fame? Maybe a little money? Certainly not a good trade off.

Again, I apologise for my intial reaction.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 08:26:54 PM »
Looks like she got taken by the German girl

Ramnarine bloodied in Germany
Express

Sunday, September 10th 2006

Regina Halmich, left, of Germany trades punches with Ria Ramnarine of Trinidad and Tobago during the WIBF Flyweight World Championship fight at the Boerdeland Hall yesterday in Magdeburg. 

RIA RAMNARINE of Trinidad and Tobago lasted for six rounds before being stopped on a technical knockout by German female ring legend Regina Halmich last night in the feature fight of a night of world championship women's boxing in Magdeburg, Germany.

Halmich, rated Europe's top female boxer, brought her record to an amazing 51 wins, one draw and one defeat with a six-round stoppage by referee Jean Luis Legland over former world junior flyweight champion Ramnarine in a WIBF flyweight title bout.

A report on the bout posted on fightnews.com stated: "Referee Legland couldn't endure the punishment Ramnarine was undergoing and abruptly stopped the fight early in the sixth round. Ramnarine's face was bloody but still beautiful under her tears of disappointment. Halmich rejoiced."

Halmich kept a steady pace with continuous and solid combinations, rarely missing her target, according to the report.

In the fifth round, Halmich tried to take Ramnarine out, backing her into the ropes, but the T&T fighter stood her ground with short punches, although mostly covering up.

Well it sounds like she went down gallantly. Big up to her for entering this particular sport and perservering.

Good luck Ria.

T&T welcomes back...the King

1]; } ?>