General > General Discussion

Caribbean/BWIA Airlines Thread.

<< < (2/120) > >>

Flex:
I am sure the new airline to take BWEE's place will take most if not all the former BWEE employees. BWEE was poorly managed.

I feel sorry to see them go because they are like a trademark of the Caribbean. They were offered millions from Virgin Atlantic and some Texas millionaire for shares in the company and refused, instead they prefer to close shop. Does that make sense.

AB.Trini:
Here is an opportunity to provide some recommendations for improved service and what we the general public would like to see in a national airline. (maybe if some of these were implemented, ah go stop flying foreign airlines)

Some recommendations for the proposed airline:

1. serve bake and saltfish fuh breakfast

2. have the stewartess and then smile and serve yuh with ah smile

3. local dishes for dinner

4. pan music and local music on the channels

5. When yuh buy a ticket for TNT ; it should include Tobago ( like the old days.)

6. When we fly foreign, we eat foreign when foreigners fly we plane let them eat local.

7. Have the stewardess wear some sexy outfits

8. cheaper flights and more specials during the holiday season( wait nah every month is ah holiday season in TNT)

9. Expand international flights to western Canada

10. Bring back the frills!!!!!!! free rum  on flights.......

Feliziano:

--- Quote from: Flex on September 09, 2006, 07:41:10 AM ---I am sure the new airline to take BWEE's place will take most if not all the former BWEE employees. BWEE was poorly managed.

I feel sorry to see them go because they are like a trademark of the Caribbean. They were offered millions from Virgin Atlantic and some Texas millionaire for shares in the company and refused, instead they prefer to close shop. Does that make sense.

--- End quote ---
yeah that was real dotishness on them part not to sell.
i don't think we need our 'own' airline though..creating a Caribbean Airline is going and have the same bachanal, then next yuh know is we Trinis go get the shaft with high fares plus government subsidy and them Grenadian and other small islanders go get the cheap fares.
this woulda been a good time to actually have some of the discount carriers or even major ones to come in and offer their services to and from Europe and North America...ah know we used to have Eastern and United Airlines etc running here but at that time they were always running at a loss.
now everybody travelling these days cause it cheap and them CEO's in dis modern time a lot more business savvy.

AB.Trini:

--- Quote from: AlbertaTrini on September 09, 2006, 12:02:34 PM ---Here is an opportunity to provide some recommendations for improved service and what we the general public would like to see in a national airline. (maybe if some of these were implemented, ah go stop flying foreign airlines)

Some recommendations for the proposed airline:

1. serve bake and saltfish fuh breakfast

2. have the stewartess and then smile and serve yuh with ah smile

3. local dishes for dinner

4. pan music and local music on the channels

5. When yuh buy a ticket for TNT ; it should include Tobago ( like the old days.)

6. When we fly foreign, we eat foreign when foreigners fly we plane let them eat local.

7. Have the stewardess wear some sexy outfits

8. cheaper flights and more specials during the holiday season( wait nah every month is ah holiday season in TNT)

9. Expand international flights to western Canada

10. Bring back the frills!!!!!!! free rum  on flights.......

--- End quote ---

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah go miss going to big time international airports and  feeling proud tuh see we airline park out dey.

Ah hope the new one have we flag and drape in we colours.

Organic:

--- Quote from: Flex on September 09, 2006, 07:41:10 AM ---I am sure the new airline to take BWEE's place will take most if not all the former BWEE employees. BWEE was poorly managed.

--- End quote ---
Maybe the money was offered in the incorrect manner.....meaning it was offered to help the airline..and none wa soffered to the ppl =MINISTERS IN GOVERNMENT... money was just for shares, not bribe money.
  I wonder baout some of de decisions this government makes sometimes.... to what end...did they acctually research..everythign that happens in some form ro fashion seems uinder handed and  doesnt make much sense..financially/ economically or even environmentally.
oh well if they fire 1800 and de manngers not part of the "see u later" crew
then its all for naught.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version