April 27, 2024, 02:45:20 PM

Author Topic: What's on in T&T Football?  (Read 4261 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What's on in T&T Football?
« on: June 26, 2005, 06:12:38 AM »
We know Camps get promotion,we have a Technica Director,the WC team on the road to Germany.
 What going on with our Youth teams men/women
 Women senior team
 Programs for Coaches
 Developmental programs
 Leagues in the country,standings (all devisions)l

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What's on in T&T Football?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 02:13:21 PM »
excellent question my answer NOTHING as usual- they could at least ask 1 or both LEO assts to run a session with a u-20 or u-23 squad once twice a week.  name one of them fellas the new youth coach.
nothing going on

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 08:46:39 AM »
While i appreciate the job Lincoln has and is doing in T&T i want us to be very mindfull of not americanizing T&T Football,what i see here is good but it's all American Soccer phylosophy,that's understood because Lincoln and Anton were trained here.
   It seems like we are following in America's footsteps.Who don't like the American way? 

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 09:12:44 AM »
Coop wha you really want sah ? You thought nothing taking place elsewhere in the national football development, tallman give you a lil knowledge now you complaining about it. Lawwwwwdddd !
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 09:13:54 AM »
Coop's while I share your sentiments about being careful not to Americanize T&T football, I am confused because just a few days ago in a previous discussuin everyone was being nationalistic.  We cannot expect to have our cake and eat it.  The fact of the matter is that we would need someone (maybe a foreigner) with vast experience to develop and implement a program utilizing our local coaches wo all need to come together and put a side their personal agendas.  However, for this to happen monies need to be available so that they can receieve pay that is commensurate with their contributions.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 09:17:27 AM »
Lincoln only passing on what he know . How does having a goal keeping session constitute the american system ?
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005, 09:53:15 AM »
I think some ppl are may be reading me wrong,i'm not against what Lincoln doing, as a matter of fact i support it because anything at all is an improvement for T&T Football,i'm American trained also, at present i Coach professionally here,is just that i wanted to hear from those ppl that don't like the Amearican way.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 10:09:14 AM »
Ok then..........ah just being ah macco here.(lol) You just trying to raise an ants nest .  :o Why ? I am just curious .
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2005, 10:25:00 AM »
Please tell me what is the "Trinbago system".

Thanks
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2005, 11:03:07 AM »
Please tell me what is the "Trinbago system".

Thanks
We have no system all of us do our own thing,Gally is the only person that tried to start something,just check the history of every T&T Coach all did things their way,intrenational,club ,college etc
    The American way i'm talking about is they have guidelines that you have to follow.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2005, 11:11:10 AM »
All This talk about System and culture. Just defend the goal and score some goals. Goals win matches

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2005, 12:33:31 PM »
All This talk about System and culture. Just defend the goal and score some goals. Goals win matches
I wish it was that easy,there is a lot more to this game than that.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2005, 12:40:04 PM »
I applaud Lincoln for doing something but this whole "screening sessions" thing honestly have to be worst way to discover talented youngsters.

is basically who play the best on that day will be selected always wondered why tt used that method in the past. what if a youth have 1 bad day and happen to be the time of the screening session-guess he done, get overlooked no more chance for him.
if a man come from a situation where he don't have the resources to make it to the venue.
tourney in august have they picked the team as yet????

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2005, 12:50:58 PM »
I applaud Lincoln for doing something but this whole "screening sessions" thing honestly have to be worst way to discover talented youngsters.

is basically who play the best on that day will be selected always wondered why tt used that method in the past. what if a youth have 1 bad day and happen to be the time of the screening session-guess he done, get overlooked no more chance for him.
if a man come from a situation where he don't have the resources to make it to the venue.

So what's your solution?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2005, 01:02:48 PM »

This is what structure is all about,you have to put something in place eventually everybody will get the message and know if they want to make it they just have to perform,it's the luck of the draw it's just unfortunate,is there any other way to do it.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2005, 01:20:07 PM »
in an ideal world boss,
we start preparing way in advance
We need all the youths in a competition amongst themselves.  Start with a zonal then national if u want. help out the clubs who can't afford it, shoot help all the clubs uniforms, equipment, transportation, nutrition( i remember men going screening and ain't eat nothing, no medical not even a band aid, no refreshment drink by a pipe)
run a lot of competitions.  get a knowledgeable roster of coaches to observe the games and select the kids that perform on a consistent basis. no need for any big coaching just have them playing as much as possible.
others make sure they go back to the clubs and make sure they know not the end of the road keep playing keep looking at them.
bring the best together to train, live in camp also-if we need to add any late bloomers then go ahead bring them in also. then yuh pick your squad.
involve tobago instead of going there and hold one session and pick 1 youth

see some screening where the coach come out say want defenders on meh left, strikers to my right-they don't know the names of the kids-men borrowing boots some friends could not go cause they could not afford it, i lend man money to travel.  kids show up play they wait for hours play again.
 coach ask somebody else what a fella name write it on a paper-if he never show again no way to find him.

is that effective ??must be a better way if not my way then cool but definitely something else. not saying it easy but something different.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2005, 01:23:29 PM »
maybe i just dreaming hoping for something better-go ahead with what we been doing after all it has paid so many dividends  :)

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2005, 03:36:21 PM »
I think footballking onto something.  He outlined a better system than the current one which is mostly screening sessions.  Now, what he suggested costs money and we know how much of that trini (whether it be the gov't or TTFF) claim to have.

Having been through that system, it don't work.  It have guys that played better than me on certain days but I made it b/c of my last name and club affiliation.  No question about that. 

You must have the coaches visit the leagues in which the players play.  You get to evaluate players playing with players they are familiar with not with some ball hog who only want to show case his stuff and huggin' the damn ball.

Until this happens, some good talent will not be identified.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2005, 03:42:14 PM »
in an ideal world boss,
we start preparing way in advance
We need all the youths in a competition amongst themselves.
I like your ideas, but will something like this work in T&T?lincoln only trying things that he have seen been very sucessfull in the US and thinks will work home.No one knows if something will or will not work until we try.If you look at where all our Youth and Senior players come from (Colleges League) that says something about our Youth system,younger than that we in trouble,if i'm not mistaken i think that's what Lincoln is trying to establish.  

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2005, 03:48:28 PM »
Coop's help meh here:

In the US isn't it that players run through their clubs, then ODP, then regional, then the national teams?  I personally never hear about no screening sessions in the US.  Maybe I'm incorrect but help me..
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2005, 04:21:06 PM »
Coop's help meh here:

In the US isn't it that players run through their clubs, then ODP, then regional, then the national teams?  I personally never hear about no screening sessions in the US.  Maybe I'm incorrect but help me..
Yes you are correct,that's the structure they have.I was trying to explain this (though not in detail as you did)to the forum because this is what Lincoln/Anton is starting to impliment in T&T,they have even started to license our Coaches (D and E license).

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2005, 04:47:23 PM »
When NBA hold dey pre draft camp in Chicago, how much time de prospects have to show what dey really have?

Yuh think dem coaches & GM's goin to wait until a man feelin good enough to "have a good day"?

Is eedah yuh perform or not.

Dat is why dey have scouts who keep yuh abreast of what goin on wit certain players.  Even if we in little T&T had de money (which we don't) to implement all these competitions, the coaches cannot go to every single one to monitor players which is why they have scouts.

Then based on the recommendations of the scouts, you have one big SCREENING SESSION for the outstanding ones a la NBA pre draft combine in Chicago to see who is who.

From what I have read, this is what Lincoln and his team doin.

Now if dat is Americanizin we football, I all for it because to ME....it EFFICIENT and more to de point...SENSIBLE.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2005, 07:08:06 AM »
in tha pre draft camp yuh have days to show yuh stuff and before that they looking at man for years or a full season at least-yuh doing interviews to check a man mind attitude etc and them youths in luxury during that time not drinking from a standpipe lining up behind a 100 youths, fancy gear to measure fitness vertical leap etc is a big scientific thing.  Then each team have an individual workout again for days men getting star treatment etc.
whatever we do go take money we can't have champagne taste and mauby pocket expect to become a power developing top youths.  The kids need to be playing consistently in a competitive setting. as arimaman say real youths get passed by. but with a better system we will miss less of them and with the competition and continued scouting we could catch them down the road again.  Society as a whole will benefit kids hopefully make better choices parents see the rewards of the sport less crime more education. how many of us did not turn to a life of crime cause we had the game we loved

Coops the US ODP/regional also flawed unless they changed it one had to pay to participate.  AN inner city youth with no money but talented would miss out on ODP and be overlooked.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2005, 08:41:51 AM »

Coops the US ODP/regional also flawed unless they changed it one had to pay to participate.  AN inner city youth with no money but talented would miss out on ODP and be overlooked.
I'm not on what has or don't have flaws,don't matter what you do it will have flaws,i'm just opening ppl eyes as to what's being brought into our system.Any sport in the US if you don't have money is only so far you can go,that's why i cautioned if what is being tried will work in T&T because of the economics involved,the good thing about what we had was any kid from anywhere stood a chance once they can play but times are changeing.I'm all for what's going on because that's the way it is out here but is if we could afford it,i would also like to mention no Government or Association pays for this for any kids Parents/Family/Clubs take care of themselves. 

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2005, 08:49:28 AM »
We have to do something bottom line is lincoln trying to change things.  we keep saying no money but everything cost.  If we don't want to or don't have the money then we will not improve things.
As this started personally i never liked the screening session scenario 2 months or less b4 a tourney-but hey i ain't and never claim to be an expert-good luck to the powers that be.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2005, 09:22:19 AM »
We have to do something bottom line is lincoln trying to change things.  we keep saying no money but everything cost.  If we don't want to or don't have the money then we will not improve things.
As this started personally i never liked the screening session scenario 2 months or less b4 a tourney-but hey i ain't and never claim to be an expert-good luck to the powers that be.
You are correct in what you are saying and i think that is what Lincoln is trying to do,i still would not want to say change things but i would rather say improve things.A lot of these things have been going on for so long and never adjusted with the times,is just that we will have to give Lincoln some time hopefully it will work. 

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2005, 09:38:41 AM »

You must have the coaches visit the leagues in which the players play.  You get to evaluate players playing with players they are familiar with not with some ball hog who only want to show case his stuff and huggin' the damn ball.

Until this happens, some good talent will not be identified.

FUNNY arimaman say this remeber going screening and men only talking bout they only looking to beat man dribble the whole team so i could get pick for sure.  so when you get tha ball yuh hold onto it forever, then he coach call yuh name.-funny stuff looking back at it now.

I have faith at some point it will all come together where a youth man could have a proper club and competition to play in.  back in the day in eddie hart league, sunshine snacks tourney playing for mr eddie hart himself-sense of pride to put on the jersey, learning the basics, winning dealing with losing.
thank God i had that chance. hey enough reminiscing-Good topic/issue Coops.

1]; } ?>