April 28, 2024, 02:32:09 AM

Author Topic: Schumacher announces retirement  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Schumacher announces retirement
« on: September 10, 2006, 07:45:04 AM »
Seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher will retire from Formula One at the end of the season.
The German made the announcement after winning the Italian Grand Prix to reduce title rival Fernando Alonso's lead to just two points.

The Ferrari star's victory was the 90th in a career in which Schumacher has broken every single F1 record.

He will be remembered as one of the greatest, and most controversial, drivers in the history of the sport.

"I have decided that I am going to retire from racing. It has been an exceptional time," the 37-year-old said.

"What motorsport has gven me over the last 30 years, I have loved every minute of it."

Schumacher, who will be replaced at Ferrari by Finn Kimi Raikkonen, has dominated the sport since the death of Ayrton Senna in 1994.

That was the year in which Schumacher won his first world title, with Benetton-Ford, and he added further championships in 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004.

But his legacy will also be as a driver who stretched the rules to their limit and sometimes beyond in his quest for success.

Michael Schumacher will retire from Formula One at the end of the season, Ferrari revealed this evening.

The team issued two statements, one confirming Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa as drivers next season and another revealing the retirement of the sport's most successful driver.

Schumacher, who won today's Italian Grand Prix, will not necessarily leave Ferrari, with the team statement revealing a "new role" will be revealed shortly.

Schumacher said: "Words are not enough and whatever I could say now will never fully express how much I love this fascinating world of motorsport and all it has given me.

"From go-karting to Formula One I have lived through moments that I will never forget."

Schumacher's win today was his 90th in Formula One and brings him within two points of championship leader Fernando Alonso as he chases an unprecedented eighth world title.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Re: Schumacher announces retirement
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 07:47:05 AM »
everybody thought he was dead and buried last year after Alonso won
sign of a  true Champion by this comeback.
I hope he wins his 8th Title this year.
Feliz

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 11:33:37 AM »
Isn't this guy the worlds richest sportsman ?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 02:53:45 PM by big dawg »
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 11:56:30 AM »
yeah highest paid....damn good driver....however is rikonen (or however yuh spell he name) get a good car is trouble for alonso nex season
Back in Trini...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 01:21:29 PM »
Dirty teams will always hire Dirty drivers

Schumacher have skills....but truss mih de beyottch DUTTTY!!!

Remember years ago when he run vileeneuve off the road....JV still went on to be champ
Or even just recently schumacher spin out and pretend he stall in monaco to slow down everybody else qualifying times

hes de best ..but he stink   :flamethrower:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 05:46:48 PM »
Dirty teams will always hire Dirty drivers

Schumacher have skills....but truss mih de beyottch DUTTTY!!!

Remember years ago when he run vileeneuve off the road....JV still went on to be champ
Or even just recently schumacher spin out and pretend he stall in monaco to slow down everybody else qualifying times

hes de best ..but he stink   :flamethrower:
yeah all dat true Dutty..but ah still prefer him to Lance Amstrong
what people go say..de Ferrari was on steriods? ;D

ah remeber the time he ram Damon Hill in Australia too in the last race of the season to win by a point.
he's a real nastiness but he's the best
Feliz

1]; } ?>