April 24, 2024, 05:48:10 AM

Author Topic: Incentive to study  (Read 743 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Incentive to study
« on: September 11, 2006, 02:27:00 PM »
For his entire high school life Junior has gone to public school.  He's done ok but his math marks have always been lower than his mother expected.

So in his final year in Grade 10 she told him...

Junior...if you don't raise your math percentage from 50% to 75% by the end of this scool year, I'm enrolling you in the Catholic private school next year.

Well Junior hated that idea because that would mean giving up all his friends, having to go to school in a uniform, and the rumor was them catholic girl didn't put out.

But he didn't think his mom was serious so when the end of the first semester came...his math mark was 55%.  His mother said..

Junior...I was being very serious.  If your math mark does not improve to 75%...it's off to Catholic private school for you next year.

Junior get a little worried but still thought she was bluffing and sure enough, when his final mark for the year in match came, it was 54%.

The mother said....THAT'S IT!!!  You're going to Catholic Private School!!!

Junior protested to no avail.

So next year Grade 11 comes along and Junior goin Catholic Private School.

Time come for math grades at the end of the 1st sememster and Junior showed his math mark to his mom.  85%!!!

She was overcome!!!  She said Junior....I mean...I know the Catholic system was good...but how did you make such a dramatic improvement???

Hear Junior...

Moms.....from de time I walk into de classroom and see de statue of dah man crucify onto de PLUS SIGN..I know dem Catholic wasn't makin joke!!!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>