April 25, 2024, 11:50:53 AM

Author Topic: FOX SOCCER CHANNEL JAMAICA  (Read 17693 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: FOX SOCCER CHANNEL JAMAICA
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2006, 07:18:25 AM »
Trini I wouldn't bother to quote your post but you hit the nail right on the head. Those facts have more weight than a head-to-head record with Jamaica that still shows a marginal superiority for T&T. JA can boast of being ahead of us in the past few years but this is our time now. We are back where we are supposed to be- the best in Caribbean and able to challenge for a spot in World Cups.

Offline Lionpaw

• Highest Grade.
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Smoke Weeeeed, under the Jamaican Sky Light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2006, 07:35:54 AM »
Stick to football. this is not about who rich or who poor. Last time I checked, T&T and Jamaica were both classified as third world countries.

Check again, T&T is now a Developing Nation, no more third world status.

Lol@ you. You a real eediat. ahahaha. They use the term Developing Nation to replace Third World because the term Third World was seen as offensive. Damn azz!!! lol. A First World country is referred to as a Developed Country. lol ahhh u make me day with da joke dhey.
Smoke and Fly

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2006, 08:46:22 AM »

Furthermore, I don't see the point in denying the fact that Trinidad and Tobago are the perrenial Kings of Caribbean football and can match and beat any Caribbean team's record of World Cup qualification and Goal Cup participation.It just doesn't make sense. Somebody do the statistical honours for me.

When I joined this forum I remember posting stats between Jamaica & T&T from 1925 to the present even going as far as suggesting that a fresh start should be made for the new century.
Your memory going. 
And I also remember defeating that logic of using strictly a head to head record to demonstrate dominance. I used the example Brazil's results against Norway to show that a head to head record does not accurately rate any team. Furthermore, if I remember correctly the very same record you produced indicated a slight advantage to T&T in terms of games won, goals scored and conceded, so either way your rationale is unacceptable.

We have won more Caribbean Cups than you , reached further in the Goal Cup and qualified to the World Cup with an almost totally born and bred Trini team.
Wow! If you can defeat logical and factual stats on a whim then what's there to talk about. We are right back at zero. Damn! Did I suggest we start fresh! I can't seem to remember.

jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2006, 08:53:09 AM »
Ok, enough is enough.

There are few Trinis on the site that rate Ja as much as me over the years, I give props where props is due.
But the fact of the matter is that all tis T&T-Ja debate is getting a alittle stale now.
You all sound like a bunch of 9 year olds crying for attention.

These debates have been going on ever since the boards were formed about 8 years ago, and i guess it will always keep going on.
The players change, the stupid arguments contine.
RF is perhaps the longest standing member of this rivalry.

To all the Jamaicans, this is a Trinidad football site.
It says alot that you all have to come onto our site and debate that ja is better than Trinidad.
Right now, there are no Trinis who do that on the RBZ site.
That says a  lot.
Are you that insecure?
Does it hurt that bad that T&T made the WC, got the world's attention and Ja stayed at home and got embarassed in a couple internationals?
Does it hurt that bad that TT U-16 just whipped you, after you all promised such a beating for T&T?

Let it go.
It is undisputed that TT are presently the kings of football in the Caribbean, by virtue of the WC. This was something that many Trinis online had to endure hearing Ja boast about for years, and that T&T could never make a WC, no matter how much Caribbean Cups we won. Now we have a WC appearance just like u, we have won like 3 times more caribbean Cups than you, we beating you at youth football, we still have the history of players playing at the top clubs in the best competitions.
Tell me...Has a Ja player ever played in the European Cup? Has a Ja player ever played in the Champions League? Has a Ja player ever been TOP SCORER in the Champions League? Has a Ja player even be joint top scorer in the Premiership? Has  Ja player ever been top MLS scorer for 2 consecutive seasons? Has a Ja player ever been Scottish Player of the year? Has a Ja player even won player of the month in England? Has there ever been a premiership game you see 2 Jamaicans going head to head in keen battle for their respective teams? Have Ja ever beaten the USA at any level? Has Ja ever won more than one game in Central America?
I can go on and on.
What is the point?
T&T is a pedigree football nation in CONCACAF.
Ja is very good as well.

But dont come here on this site being insecure about it because of recent results and trends.
T&T has been a regional CONCACAF powerhouse since the 70's. We sent Port of Spain club teams that beat Ja national teams in decades gone by (eg Maple).
I will not even talk about 1973 WC Qualification to Germany.
Defense Force club team of T&T has even won the CONCACAF club championships already (sometime in the 1980's).
When Ja was being mauled 5-1 or 5-1 by the US in 1989 in prelim WC qualifiers, TT was holding the US to 1-1 draw in LA.
So dont dont come here on this site trying to belittle Trinidad and Tobago's football pedigree.
We have a much richer and successful tradition of football than you.
Even Haiti has, and Cuba too.
Take away 1995-1999 from Ja's football history, what do you have to talk about?
I am not belittling you, its just from the perspective of a Trini who is getting fed up of the recent stupid arguments between T&T and Ja footballl.
It wrenks of insecurity and jealosy on Ja's part.
Get over it, wheel and come again for 2010, I am sure Ja will do well and be more competitive.
One day for you, one day for me, that is how it goes, it just so happens to be T&T's day now.

To the TT posters who bring up the crime and politics and thing, well as much as allyuh could say what allyuh  want, some of allyuh no better than some of the insecure Jamaicans. With people like allyuh in both countries, no wonder it does have so much hate and bitterness.
Lets keep it to football nah.
Big up to Ja for the sportsmax/fox soccer channel initiative.
To be honest, we have nutten like Sportsmax in T&T, thats how much Ja follow their sports, each and every sport. Imagine a Trini channel that brings 99% coverage of all T&T teams in all sports. Wow, only a dream.
Why cant we just focus on the positives from each other and work with that?
Big up T&T and Ja.
Shouldn't this be a complaint to the moderators.
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2006, 09:02:35 AM »
Ignorance is bliss yes. Now to clarify. Is this agreement between Fox and  Jamacia sports channel? if so  what is the benefit for exposure  of allCaribbean sporting events on the Fox sports channel?

Is this another short sightedness of  thinking by North Americans that  the Caribbean begins and ends with Jamacia? I thought all that chupidness ended when we made the World Cup?

Could Fox not expand their coverage to a regional Caribbean coverage? Just seeking clarity about the  arrangement. It appears  that they will cover more caribbean sports yet...again people does use teh term loosely to refer to jamacians as the only caribbean country. Yes some people wallow in ignorance.

that is the first thing i ask and i get pong fuh it by jamaica 2099 bout i did not read and understand the article and all kind ah crap .  Fox sports canada for people living in canada, fox sports jamaica for jamaicans people in yard not fuh all west indians talk done i hope they  block that channel in trinidad and  them other islands
Why should the other islands block FOX SOCCER CHANNEL JAMAICA when they have a clear opportunity to study our tactics and weaknesses.
jjbrown

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2006, 09:27:25 AM »
*sigh* sonny,, I know you are somehow under the impression that you will be getting to see Portmore FC vs Tivoli gardens on a daily basis
But really you should read about this great deal you're getting

First off, it seems you think Fox is going to build some kinda station in jamaica....its simply your already existing sportsmax taking signals from a fox satellite feed in the states

Sports max is changing their name to fox soccer jamaica....y'know simply a name change much like you did not too long ago, did that make you somehow better? no!! same antagonist

Heres what youre going to get:

"Together, the two channels will be the exclusive broadcasters of major international televised sports in Jamaica, including exclusive coverage of the Barclays English Premier League, the FA Cup, EURO 2008 qualifiers and England home international matches"
All foreign content thus far...nice

and

"Aside from the English Premiership and FA Cup, Fox Soccer Channel Jamaica will broadcast Italian Serie A, Argentine League, CONCACAF Champions Cup and the USA's Major League Soccer, as well as the daily Sky Sports News and Fox Sports World Report. SportsMax, which broadcasts to 17 countries in the Caribbean, exclusively broadcasts programs such as the Overseas West Indies cricket tours, the upcoming Ashes: Australia vs. England, EURO 2008 qualifiers, the South American COPA America and the IAAF Grand Prix"
Even more foreign content...nice

So I understand  you think you might get to see wadadahead fc play regularly...but that wont happen
Here is the hope however

"Newton Robertson, Chief Operating Officer of SportsMax. "The agreement solidifies our position as it pairs the two most-watched local sports channels, and gives IMC an opportunity to broadcast our local and regional content into the USA and Canadian markets"

Now if north americans  dont watch their own football...you really think they will want to see games of wadadahead vs madeville??..............dont think so

I think when that station shows some soca warriors games the ratings will go up however

But do keep typing fox soccer channel in all caps as if pilfering foreign satellite signals is a huge groundbreaking acheivement

Good luck with that  :yawning:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2006, 10:29:06 AM »
I remember the 2001 Copa Caribe clearly where Clayton Ince deliberately let the ball slip through his hands so that Martinique could advance to the semi-finals ahead of Jamaica. Boy! Talk about T&T fear of not winning the Cup that year. :rotfl: :rotfl:.

jamaica2099, Didn't T&T beat Jamaica (2-1) in that Cup though.

JAM vs MQE 1:0 (0:0)
TRI vs BRB 5:0 (2:0)
TRI vs JAM 2:1 (0:1)
TRI vs MQE 1:2 (1:1)
BRB vs JAM 1:2 (1:2)
TRI vs CUB 2:0 (1:0)
HAI vs TRI 0:3 (0:1)
Don't post the same thing twice. Look for the reason why I responded to that post. 
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2006, 10:31:16 AM »
wow, this topic getting real mix-up, but the way I understood the contributiion in the first place was that the Jca station would be covering more sports throughout the caribbean..
seems to me it's now up to a tt channel to have links to get our sports coverage expanded. maybe some smart person will pick up on this idea to make some money- what about it? any entrepreneurs??
Yeah! Since Trinis keep spouting that they have more money than Jamaica. :devil:
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2006, 10:33:01 AM »
Trini I wouldn't bother to quote your post but you hit the nail right on the head. Those facts have more weight than a head-to-head record with Jamaica that still shows a marginal superiority for T&T. JA can boast of being ahead of us in the past few years but this is our time now. We are back where we are supposed to be- the best in Caribbean and able to challenge for a spot in World Cups.
Challenge for which WORLD CUP exactly?
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2006, 10:35:19 AM »
*sigh* sonny,, I know you are somehow under the impression that you will be getting to see Portmore FC vs Tivoli gardens on a daily basis
But really you should read about this great deal you're getting

First off, it seems you think Fox is going to build some kinda station in jamaica....its simply your already existing sportsmax taking signals from a fox satellite feed in the states

Sports max is changing their name to fox soccer jamaica....y'know simply a name change much like you did not too long ago, did that make you somehow better? no!! same antagonist

Heres what youre going to get:

"Together, the two channels will be the exclusive broadcasters of major international televised sports in Jamaica, including exclusive coverage of the Barclays English Premier League, the FA Cup, EURO 2008 qualifiers and England home international matches"
All foreign content thus far...nice

and

"Aside from the English Premiership and FA Cup, Fox Soccer Channel Jamaica will broadcast Italian Serie A, Argentine League, CONCACAF Champions Cup and the USA's Major League Soccer, as well as the daily Sky Sports News and Fox Sports World Report. SportsMax, which broadcasts to 17 countries in the Caribbean, exclusively broadcasts programs such as the Overseas West Indies cricket tours, the upcoming Ashes: Australia vs. England, EURO 2008 qualifiers, the South American COPA America and the IAAF Grand Prix"
Even more foreign content...nice

So I understand  you think you might get to see wadadahead fc play regularly...but that wont happen
Here is the hope however

"Newton Robertson, Chief Operating Officer of SportsMax. "The agreement solidifies our position as it pairs the two most-watched local sports channels, and gives IMC an opportunity to broadcast our local and regional content into the USA and Canadian markets"

Now if north americans  dont watch their own football...you really think they will want to see games of wadadahead vs madeville??..............dont think so

I think when that station shows some soca warriors games the ratings will go up however

But do keep typing fox soccer channel in all caps as if pilfering foreign satellite signals is a huge groundbreaking acheivement

Good luck with that  :yawning:

Didn't I tell you to ask IMC and SPORTSMAX. ??? ???
jjbrown

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2006, 11:47:09 AM »
I said challenge for a spot at world Cups. Let me break it down for you. I was implying that we have good chance at qualifying for World Cup competitions.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2006, 12:07:10 PM »
I said challenge for a spot at world Cups. Let me break it down for you. I was implying that we have good chance at qualifying for World Cup competitions.
Well then. It's just a matter of waiting and watching to see who will grab a 2010 World Cup berth. The reality is only 1 Caribbean side can make the World Cup. AND I DON'T REALLY SEE T&T making it to South Africa as long as Jamaica is in the final round. 
jjbrown

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2006, 12:12:52 PM »
Well then. It's just a matter of waiting and watching to see who will grab a 2010 World Cup berth. The reality is only 1 Caribbean side can make the World Cup. AND I DON'T REALLY SEE T&T making it to South Africa as long as Jamaica is in the final round. 

English is a funny language. In case you are not aware there are several different World Cup competitions. People with vision see beyond 2010, they also see 2007 2008, 2009, 2011, and also 2014 etc etc. Or is it only the jamaican senior team that plays football?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2006, 12:14:37 PM »
Ok, enough is enough.

There are few Trinis on the site that rate Ja as much as me over the years, I give props where props is due.
But the fact of the matter is that all tis T&T-Ja debate is getting a alittle stale now.

These debates have been going on ever since the boards were formed about 8 years ago, and i guess it will always keep going on.

It says alot that you all have to come onto our site and debate that ja is better than Trinidad.
That says a  lot.
Are you that insecure?
Does it hurt that bad that T&T made the WC, got the world's attention and Ja stayed at home and got embarassed in a couple internationals?
Does it hurt that bad that TT U-16 just whipped you, after you all promised such a beating for T&T?

Let it go.
It is undisputed that TT are presently the kings of football in the Caribbean, by virtue of the WC. This was something that many Trinis online had to endure hearing Ja boast about for years, and that T&T could never make a WC, no matter how much Caribbean Cups we won. Now we have a WC appearance just like u, we have won like 3 times more caribbean Cups than you, we beating you at youth football, we still have the history of players playing at the top clubs in the best competitions.
Tell me...Has a Ja player ever played in the European Cup? Has a Ja player ever played in the Champions League? Has a Ja player ever been TOP SCORER in the Champions League? Has a Ja player even be joint top scorer in the Premiership? Has  Ja player ever been top MLS scorer for 2 consecutive seasons? Has a Ja player ever been Scottish Player of the year? Has a Ja player even won player of the month in England? Has there ever been a premiership game you see 2 Jamaicans going head to head in keen battle for their respective teams? Have Ja ever beaten the USA at any level? Has Ja ever won more than one game in Central America?
I can go on and on.
What is the point?
Ja is very good as well.

But dont come here on this site being insecure about it because of recent results and trends.
T&T has been a regional CONCACAF powerhouse since the 70's. We sent Port of Spain club teams that beat Ja national teams in decades gone by (eg Maple).
Defense Force club team of T&T has even won the CONCACAF club championships already (sometime in the 1980's).
When Ja was being mauled 5-1 or 5-1 by the US in 1989 in prelim WC qualifiers, TT was holding the US to 1-1 draw in LA.
So dont dont come here on this site trying to belittle Trinidad and Tobago's football pedigree.
I am not belittling you, its just from the perspective of a Trini who is getting fed up of the recent stupid arguments between T&T and Ja footballl.
Get over it, wheel and come again for 2010, I am sure Ja will do well and be more competitive.
One day for you, one day for me, that is how it goes, it just so happens to be T&T's day now.

To the TT posters who bring up the crime and politics and thing, well as much as allyuh could say what allyuh  want, some of allyuh no better than some of the insecure Jamaicans. With people like allyuh in both countries, no wonder it does have so much hate and bitterness.
To be honest, we have nutten like Sportsmax in T&T, thats how much Ja follow their sports, each and every sport. Imagine a Trini channel that brings 99% coverage of all T&T teams in all sports. Wow, only a dream.
Big up T&T and Ja.

Nice how you found a response to the most sensible post on this topic that couldn't go past 10 words and brought nothing whatsoever to the "debate"  ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2006, 02:46:27 PM »

English is a funny language. In case you are not aware there are several different World Cup competitions. People with vision see beyond 2010, they also see 2007 2008, 2009, 2011, and also 2014 etc etc. Or is it only the jamaican senior team that plays football?
Until this present JFF administration can prove themselves. I am taking baby steps. So I am breaking things down with the U-17 & U-20 World Cup Qualifiers, the 2007 Digicel Cup/Gold Cup Qualifiers and the 2007 Women's World Cup in China. All of which both Jamaica and T&T are involved.  l
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2006, 02:51:03 PM »
Ok, enough is enough.

That says a  lot.
Are you that insecure?

Let it go.
I can go on and on.
What is the point?
Ja is very good as well.

Big up T&T and Ja.

Nice how you found a response to the most sensible post on this topic that couldn't go past 10 words and brought nothing whatsoever to the "debate"  ::)
Why! Should I have read after the fourth paragraph. Maybe the smart thing would have been to put it for the last paragraph.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 02:54:30 PM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

1]; } ?>