April 28, 2024, 02:23:57 AM

Author Topic: Rooney: Better than Best  (Read 1350 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Rooney: Better than Best
« on: September 21, 2006, 08:29:59 AM »
Rooney: Better than Best
By Phil Jackson -  Created on 21 Sep 2006
UNITED IN EUROPE
All 3 European Finals in one DVD Box Set. 3 Finals, 3 victories to savour.

Related links
Team Pages:
Manchester United
Player Pages:
Rio Ferdinand
Wayne Rooney
Wayne Rooney believes he can be the greatest Manchester United legend of all time, according to Rio Ferdinand.

The 20-year-old England striker has been a sensation at Old Trafford since moving to the club after Euro 2004.

And club and international team-mate Ferdinand has revealed the supreme confidence of the precocious talent, which has driven him to a cult status at the Theatre of Dreams.

"We were talking about [George] Best, Bryan Robson and [Eric] Cantona and how they were legends at United and he went, 'I'll be the best player to play for United', and smiled," Ferdinand revealed in his book Rio My Story.

"Deep down he really does believe he is, but he's not being cocky.

"People can see he's so good that it's possible he will be the best United player of all time, provided he can steer clear of the unfortunate injuries."

The starlet has struck up a strong friendship with midfielder Paul Scholes for The Red Devils, and the centre back has given an insight into the menacing genius both players share.

"In training we always muck about for a couple of minutes before we start properly and Wazza, like Paul Scholes, is always trying different things saying, 'I'm going to hit the crossbar from here' or 'I'm going to hit the corner flag' or 'I'm going to drill it off the floor and where do you want it'," Ferdinand added.

"You have to be on your guard because Wazza and Scholesy will aim to knock your head off if you haven't got your wits about you."

Rooney will get the chance to stake his claim for greatness again as United take on Reading live on PremPlus on Saturday from 5.15pm.
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=417315&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=2&title=Rooney:+Better+than+Best

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Rooney: Better than Best
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 08:54:37 AM »
"We were talking about [George] Best, Bryan Robson and [Eric] Cantona and how they were legends at United and he went, 'I'll be the best player to play for United', and smiled," Ferdinand revealed in his book Rio My Story.

"Deep down he really does believe he is, but he's not being cocky.

Hey Rooney, when yuh win the trebble and surpass Yorke's achievements at United then we could start talking about being United's best ever player but until such time doh count yuh chickens before they hatch!.... Yuh definitely have the potential though.  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>