April 24, 2024, 07:51:37 AM

Author Topic: Mourinho defends Lampard.....  (Read 5581 times)

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Mourinho defends Lampard.....
« on: September 12, 2006, 06:30:24 PM »
Mourinho defends Lampard after penalty change.
Source: - Soccernet.com

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho defended Frank Lampard after advising him to hand penalty duty to Michael Ballack.

Mourinho told Lampard to take a break after missing three of his last four penalties for Chelsea and England. Ballack took over with style, scoring Chelsea's second from the spot in a 2-0 win against Werder Bremen.

Michael Essien had fired the Blues ahead in the 24th minute.

Mourinho said: 'My confidence is 100% in Frank Lampard, no doubt about it, but I told him (if) the next penalty is a crucial penalty at a key point in the game then it's better for another player to take the responsibility.

'But if the next one comes in a position where Lampard is cool he will take it again.

'People remember Lampard missing a penalty against Charlton but I remember him scoring more than 10 penalties for us.

'He has never let us down and I told him he can miss a penalty when the team doesn't need it.'

The Chelsea boss went on to complain that England midfielder Lampard had been given a raw deal by some sections of the media since the World Cup.

Mourinho said: 'For me Lampard is guilty. He is guilty because you never had a player like him in the last 10 years and because of that you are having a go at him.

'He is guilty because he scored so many goals and he played so many matches and he always gives 100% game after game for Chelsea and England.'

'He's guilty because you have not had a player like him in 10 years,' Mourinho retorted angrily.

'I think you should treat him with more respect,'

Mourinho also hit out at the referee's decision to show four yellow cards to his players in the second half and hinted that there may be a conspiracy against his team.

He said: 'The reality is that if you look at Barcelona tonight they had no yellow cards, Bayern Munich had no yellow card, Liverpool had no yellow card, Valencia had no yellow cards, Roma had no yellow cards but Chelsea have four. Do you think it is violence?'

Despite his unhappiness with the referee, Mourinho was pleased to start his European campaign with a win.

The Chelsea boss said: 'The result is fantastic. It is three points against one of our direct opponents for qualification.

'The performance in the first half was very good. We had the game under control but in the second half, until we scored the second goal, we defended too deep and they were better than us.

'But they couldn't score and the penalty came and after that we had the game under control.

'We looked sharper and we could have scored more but that would have been unfair.'

Werder Bremen boss Thomas Schaaf was disappointed but pleased with the way his players performed.

Schaaf said: 'We came here looking for success and we are not satisfied but you cannot afford to make mistakes at this level and we made two which Chelsea used to their advantage.'

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
Re: Mourinho defends Lampard.....
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 06:54:20 PM »
ah wonder if Chelsea put Lampard on de market how much he go fetch?lol
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Gerrard vs Lampard??
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 07:27:50 PM »
Here is a question for forumites....Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard? Who better?

And don't tell me about they playing different positions yada yada. They both can play central midfield.

simple question
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 09:01:29 PM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 07:57:11 PM »
Here is a question for forumites....Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard? Who better?

And don't tell me about they playing different positions yada yada. They both can play central midfield.

simple question

Personally, I would prefer Lampard in my midfield. I think he is a bit more technical than Steven and is a great passer of the ball (not that Steven isn't).

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 08:04:06 PM »

simple question

Very good question, cuz both ah dem is real  bad bois on de pitch. However, ah pick Gerrad, cuz ah like de energy dat he does put out fuh his club and national team, whenever he is on de pitch. Tuh me most ah de times he does show up all over de damn field, real energy.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 09:03:21 PM »

simple question

Very good question, cuz both ah dem is real  bad bois on de pitch. However, ah pick Gerrad, cuz ah like de energy dat he does put out fuh his club and national team, whenever he is on de pitch. Tuh me most ah de times he does show up all over de damn field, real energy.

Co-sign. Gerrard have de edge on Lampard for being more dynamic and attacking. Can set up and score goals all how too. A boss player.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 09:55:38 PM »
For one game i'd take Gerrard.  Over the course of a season, Lampard.  More consistent and never injured.  Gerrard always injured.
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 10:51:46 PM »
Lampard or Gerrard...
it depend on whether Shaka in goal or not.... ;D
(ducking big stone now...)
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 07:13:54 AM »
Lampard or Gerrard...
it depend on whether Shaka in goal or not.... ;D
(ducking big stone now...)

No disrespect to lampard but Gerard does reserve his best bullet for games against  Shaka. Some sports center top ten style bullet! :devil:
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline Papasmurf

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://footballawayoflife.blogspot.com/
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 08:25:12 AM »
I rather Gerrard in my midfield...He is a ball winner.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 08:29:13 AM »
Gerrard is the boy, the only this is he real unlucky LOL.  Yesterday was proof of that, he crack the post a couple times in the game.  Most notably he crack de post in the last few mins of the game, robbing him of being the man that saved the game.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 09:05:20 AM »
Yuh done know....Gerrard.   More versatile, higher energy, scores just as much with fewer attempts, and more dangerous coming from deeper in his half.  Better defender.  Good enough to play on any team in the world.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 11:10:12 AM »
When a game goin badly for his team, Gerrard comes up big.
Lampard is consistent but he doh perform under stress like Gerrard.

And Lampard can't touch Gerrard's shooting.

Oh yeh and Mourinho start the whining already.  Some ppl just have to have bacchanal in their life yes.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 11:16:18 AM by Peong »

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2006, 11:39:03 AM »

simple question

Personally, I would prefer Lampard Steven in my midfield. I think he is a bit more technical than Steven Lampard and is a great passer of the ball (not that Steven isn't).

Kingman
Check your post again I think you have the names switched
TnT Patriot

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 11:52:51 AM »
I'll co-sign with peong. Gerrard is my pick. When is time to step up and the team needs something Gerrard is the man to count on. Gerrard I remember turned the entire game around for Liverpool to beat AC in the CL final.

Although Lampard was an outstanding player at West Ham when he and Joe Cole was running it. His big player status came about when he was at Chelsea but in my opinion more so when CLAUDE MAKELELE arrived.

Gerrard doesnt have a supporting cast as Lampard but although they are both good box to box players, Gerrard gives you more.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2006, 01:10:04 PM »
Some games Frank Lampard is alot better than Gerrard, but Gerrard just gives more, when gerrard is on the pitch i feel like the game not over.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2006, 06:38:30 PM »
I have to concede that Gerrard seems to bring more to the game than does Lampard, but I will still stick with Lamps for his consistency, durability and his character.  He seems like a humble guy that doh open he mouth to talk shit in the media.........and he doh DIVE as much as Gerrard.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Darkromeo

• New Warrior
  • Tru Tru warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2006, 08:15:44 PM »
Not too sure how consistant Lampard is...... Anyone see him in d WC not to impressive and this season he is  far below his best. I pick Gerard for his never give up style of play and d man hav ah wicked bullet... Lampard hav one to eh but d goals doh look d same jus ask poor shaka  :(

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 01:49:44 PM »
Yeah gerrard will always make more headlines and dazzle us with freakish goals but as was said earlier one game gerrard, season lamps.

Offline real-warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 04:23:15 PM »
Gerrard is a boss...lampard does always be missin half de time and he slackin too much dese days

1]; } ?>