April 29, 2024, 04:36:28 AM

Author Topic: Lincoln Phillips update  (Read 1922 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Lincoln Phillips update
« on: September 12, 2006, 06:48:52 PM »
Folks, Lincoln Philips is a person I admire a great deal as he serves so unselfishly, his heart is clean, he is a great organizer and can bring a dysfunctional family together using his non-polarizing temperament and his understanding of personalities. His wisdom also comes from age, experience and international exposure and he understands sports administration as a science.

Could anybody update me on whether he is still in the loop, whether his extensive plans have been seen as worthy to implement for this post World cup stretch, whether he has or has not been sidelined, whether Anton, Whim, Jack, the Ministry of sport is treating him ok, whether he is being treated with respect, whether he can stay with us in T&T, whether he is now transferred to coaching goal keepers, whether he is still Technical Director or has he morphed into something else.

Can anybody comment on his morale as he is inclined to be an unsung hero, never complaining openly about money, awards and appreciation. Real warrior if you ask me and a role model.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lincoln Phillips update
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 07:39:27 PM »
Dreamer
I am asking the same questions ... no answers

... I hope he still has an office ......

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 05:24:15 AM »
Folks, Lincoln Philips is a person I admire a great deal as he serves so unselfishly, his heart is clean, he is a great organizer and can bring a dysfunctional family together using his non-polarizing temperament and his understanding of personalities. His wisdom also comes from age, experience and international exposure and he understands sports administration as a science.

Could anybody update me on whether he is still in the loop, whether his extensive plans have been seen as worthy to implement for this post World cup stretch, whether he has or has not been sidelined, whether Anton, Whim, Jack, the Ministry of sport is treating him ok, whether he is being treated with respect, whether he can stay with us in T&T, whether he is now transferred to coaching goal keepers, whether he is still Technical Director or has he morphed into something else.

Can anybody comment on his morale as he is inclined to be an unsung hero, never complaining openly about money, awards and appreciation. Real warrior if you ask me and a role model.

I would expect that the SocaWarriors.Net administrators should have answers for you or are feverishly working on getting the answers!

Its important if we are serious at becoming a football superpower in CONCACAF that we have a qualified TD like LP who can clearly identify and execute his role in the development of T&T football and helping to get us into future World Cups at all age levels.

De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 05:37:19 AM »
Lincoln suspension has been lifted. He is doing good at the moment. He is working with developing coach etc.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 06:01:21 AM »
Lincoln suspension has been lifted. He is doing good at the moment. He is working with developing coach etc.

So can we officially refer to Lincoln as our TD once more?

And I don't understand! Why was he suspended? Did he not play a crucial role in getting us to our first ever senior World Cup?!

Anyway all's well that ends well, at least Captain LP is still on board and is hopefully being allowed to stare ship in the right direction!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 06:04:37 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 07:26:21 AM »

Boy, is ah good thing I asked the question about Lincoln. I knew something was smellin' fishy. I did not realize that he was actually officially suspended. Who suspended him? When? Why? Why is the media so silent? What did he allegedly do wrong or how did he allegedly underperform? Who is on his side and who is against him? Has he been interviewed on say Morning Edition or the radio programs lately? I am serious about wanting to know. This site is powerful (Thanks to Flex, Tallman, palos and all the other stalwarts) and its lobby power is potentially very significant. Many of us are interested in being advocates for the good soldiers among us like Lincoln.

Lincoln, nuff respect.  :applause: I hope you are reading. Please say something to respond to our concerns or get in touch with our recognized interviewers if it is safe for you to talk at this time.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>