April 28, 2024, 07:42:05 AM

Author Topic: today in intercol  (Read 10399 times)

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: today in intercol
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2006, 08:11:45 PM »
Naps on a bye and Pres in the lead in South zone. Lol
Fell nice when all yuh could. I wish I was home to see the Pres vs Naps game.

Pres does still play on that field behind god back?
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2006, 09:26:24 PM »
rippin i see that they do have a game scheduled for union hall..and it not behind God back no more..real houses there in dat development now!...i lil surprised tho cuz i thought all our games wud have been at the mannie
Back in Trini...

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2006, 11:20:15 PM »
rippin i see that they do have a game scheduled for union hall..and it not behind God back no more..real houses there in dat development now!...i lil surprised tho cuz i thought all our games wud have been at the mannie

Union Hall is a nice grounds...me aint know why Naps men calling that behind God back. It within walking distance to Philipine and Palmiste...They probably jealous we have not one but two fields without one setta crab hole that does jump up and bite yuh ankle...that naps field on lady hailes is the WORST lol

:devil: :beermug:

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2006, 04:44:49 AM »

Union Hall is a nice grounds...me aint know why Naps men calling that behind God back. It within walking distance to Philipine and Palmiste...They probably jealous we have not one but two fields without one setta crab hole that does jump up and bite yuh ankle...that naps field on lady hailes is the WORST lol

:devil: :beermug:

yuh ent easy boy lol
yes dat was behind God back just a few years ago..the closest thing to Union Hall was farms and Southland Mall..and we know why dat closed down..cause it was behind God's back  ;D
but anyway yeah it have big squatting housing development and highway running through there now.
yeah dat Naps field real bad but we does only play U-14 and U-16 games there lol
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2006, 09:10:11 AM »
i eh know what going on in north zone this year yes... i see malick 2day i swear is Malick lite dey send to play... I never see a malick side dat look so small, i had to ask if dey send an U-16 side... QRC look better 2day, if dey had play with the kind of determination to hold on to the points 2day on Monday they wouldn't have lost to CIC.

I eh know why saints men beating they chest so, is not as if alyuh really dat good, alyuh coach doing stuff buh north zone open...

A heartening sign for me today was the return of Paul to the QRC side after his season loan to Fatima last year, he look good and with Brewster to return we have some hope of staying up in the top flight..

Fill me in who is paul?? i leave since 2002 so i eh kno dem yute men....but ah hoping to god is leston paul yuh talkin about

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2006, 10:05:54 AM »
Paul Lawrence is one of our more talented footballlers who along with a couple others transferred to fatima last year... I am told however that he was not quite at home at fatima so he returned to QRC, right now i would go out on a limb and say he is easily our best available player and he look like he ready to pull strings in d midfield

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2006, 10:44:40 AM »
lol i eno......      but i no st anthonys cut arse booked for saturday at cic grounds. .....den d big 1 takes place at cic grounds on the 23rd...cic v fatima

What time dem school games does start? Around 3:30? I wonder if I can duck out a meeting to go, dred.

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2006, 11:24:47 AM »
yeah it hardly have east men here,

I don't think the information age reach out there yet ;) .

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2006, 11:45:41 AM »
CIC vs St Anthonys 2day      ..... CIC grounds.... 3:45 pm kick off

prdeiction  CIC 3  Tigers 1

Offline whistler91

• Full Warrior
  • Love, Respect, Honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2006, 01:06:00 PM »
Paul Lawrence is one of our more talented footballlers who along with a couple others transferred to fatima last year... I am told however that he was not quite at home at fatima so he returned to QRC, right now i would go out on a limb and say he is easily our best available player and he look like he ready to pull strings in d midfield

Or ok i know who u talkin about...yea he good
“There is no force like success, and that is why the individual makes all effort to surround himself throughout life with the evidence of it; as of the individual, so should it be of the nation.”

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2006, 02:01:12 PM »

Waaay.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2006, 03:24:23 PM »

i going CIC and i aint even tat confident... 1-1 or 2-1 to CIC

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2006, 04:46:19 PM »
I haven't been to SSFL match since I left school in 1994.  :)

Final score 1-0 to St. Anthony's. I saw most of the second half... just as the #11 for St. Anthony's was getting his 2nd yellow card.

I thought it was an interesting game, CIC had more ball possession, but didn't do enough with it. The #10 needs to improve on his 1st touch and both wingers need to get stronger and fitter. The right winger just has a fan and push, perhaps he'll be better served to use a bit more variety. If Lackhan-Joseph is the white boy with the red boots he didn't do much in terms of attacking. The little #14 who came on was very lively, but his youth and inexperience showed. He took 2 quick freekicks from the edge of the St. Anthony's box that would have been better left for the regular kicker and also to allow the big men to come forward. The taller centre back seems a good player, but he shouldn't wait until 5 minutes to go to make an attacking contribution. They float their crosses and corners too much. The St. Anthony's goal keeper attacked the ball very effectively and he seemed to like coming out to collect the crosses. No one tried to keep him on his line by driving flatter, faster balls in.

St. Anthony's were physically a bit stronger and I thought a bit fitter. Their back 4 is lightening quick and very aggressive. Their skipper, the right back, seems a really smart player. The #15 is a decent tackler, but is a liability if ever a team decides to pressure him when he's in possession. The St. Anthony's forwards (indeed both teams) weren't decisive enough around their opponents 18-yard box. They twisted and turned and didn't seem to have a plan. CIC defended well, but with a more direct attacking approach might have been in trouble.

From the 40 minutes or so that I saw I think a draw might have been a fair result, but the name of the game is goals. CIC, from this match, seem to be their own worst enemy.

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2006, 06:02:38 PM »
Naps 1 - St.Benedicts 0

Naps played bad , St.Benedicts played worse..End of story.

Goal by Nigel Wright , right footed cross from Javed (on the right hand side) , swerving into Wright , who continued his expertly timed run into the box with a guiding header past the keeper.

To tell you the truth , I reach after 30 minutes , and I didn't see one St.Benedicts shot on goal..Coming down to the end , with the introduction of Dazel Lara , Naps started to attack more fluently , and it looked as we were going to score , but it was too late.. Not the best Naps - St.Benedicts match I ever see , actually..I never really saw too much.. anyone remember the 3-3 opening thriller from a couple years ago ?

Managed to get one picture , this is right after the goal score , and it came out kinda dark , but it'll have to do..

Nigel Dookie.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 06:04:47 PM by ndookie »
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2006, 06:30:51 PM »
I haven't been to SSFL match since I left school in 1994.  :)

Final score 1-0 to St. Anthony's. I saw most of the second half... just as the #11 for St. Anthony's was getting his 2nd yellow card.

I thought it was an interesting game, CIC had more ball possession, but didn't do enough with it. The #10 needs to improve on his 1st touch and both wingers need to get stronger and fitter. The right winger just has a fan and push, perhaps he'll be better served to use a bit more variety. If Lackhan-Joseph is the white boy with the red boots he didn't do much in terms of attacking. The little #14 who came on was very lively, but his youth and inexperience showed. He took 2 quick freekicks from the edge of the St. Anthony's box that would have been better left for the regular kicker and also to allow the big men to come forward. The taller centre back seems a good player, but he shouldn't wait until 5 minutes to go to make an attacking contribution. They float their crosses and corners too much. The St. Anthony's goal keeper attacked the ball very effectively and he seemed to like coming out to collect the crosses. No one tried to keep him on his line by driving flatter, faster balls in.

St. Anthony's were physically a bit stronger and I thought a bit fitter. Their back 4 is lightening quick and very aggressive. Their skipper, the right back, seems a really smart player. The #15 is a decent tackler, but is a liability if ever a team decides to pressure him when he's in possession. The St. Anthony's forwards (indeed both teams) weren't decisive enough around their opponents 18-yard box. They twisted and turned and didn't seem to have a plan. CIC defended well, but with a more direct attacking approach might have been in trouble.

From the 40 minutes or so that I saw I think a draw might have been a fair result, but the name of the game is goals. CIC, from this match, seem to be their own worst enemy.
how a man named veer lakhan joseph go be a whiteboy...
you talking bout de silva 
lakhan joseph is the left winger

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2006, 10:31:28 PM »

More like 1-0.........S.A.C might not win Intercol , but once we beat C.I.C then it all good. No worries small mag  :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2006, 11:37:13 PM »
San Juan stay on top in East

Roger Seepersad, Mark Pouchet & Mervyn Stewart

Sunday, September 17th 2006

Source:  Trinidad Express
[/color]

San Juan Senior Comprehensive trounced Arima 4-0 in the BGTT Secondary Schools Football League East Zone match-up at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Malabar yesterday.

San Juan recorded their fourth win on the trot to maintain the top spot in the zone. Neil Mitchel scored a double, opening the scoring in the 34th minute, when the Arima goalkeeper hesitated, giving Mitchel a free header.

Jonathan Romain added to Arima's misery in the 79th minute, hitting a low shot from close range. Shortly after, in the 85th, Akeem Holder buried his shot in the back of the net. Holder's shot came from just outside the penalty box, leaving the keeper with no chance.

Mitchel scored his second goal in the dying minutes, collecting the ball in the 12-yard box, behind the defence and hitting home from close range.

Credit must be given to San Juan captain Elijah Manners, who struck the free kick which led to the goal.

In the North Zone, Mucurapo Senior Comprehensive continued atop the table with a 3-1 victory over Queen's Royal College at the Royalians' Ground in St Clair. Mucurapo own a 100 per cent record with three wins, the latest coming over the hapless QRC outfit, who have secured one point in four games.

And Fatima College made home advantage pay with a 3-0 licking of Malick Senior Comprehensive at their Mucurapo Road ground.

Fatima leapfrogged Malick into third spot with six points, with Malick down to fourth.

In second spot are St Anthony's College, who eked out a 1-0 win over St Mary's College at Serpentine Road.

Qian Grovesnor, son of successful long-time Tigers coach Nigel Grovesnor, fired home the winner in the first half to secure the win and propel his school to seven points.

Defending champions Naparima College remain unbeaten in the South Zone with a 1-0 win over St Benedict's College at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium yesterday.

The victory gives the champions three straight wins and means the boys in blue and white go to the top of the standings with nine points. Presentation College, on a bye yesterday, are now second with seven points, the same as Princes Town Senior Secondary, who edged neighbours Moruga Composite 1-0.

At Marabella, "Naps" got their lone item from striker Nigel Wright in the 56th minute when he headed home after a right-side cross from Anthony Parris .

In the 'Green Hornets' encounter, the lone second half item was scored by striker Jessie Edwards.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2006, 07:40:36 AM »
Go Green Hornets.  We go sting dem "prestige boys."

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2006, 09:24:42 AM »
San Juan stay on top in East

In the North Zone, Mucurapo Senior Comprehensive continued atop the table with a 3-1 victory over Queen's Royal College at the Royalians' Ground in St Clair. Mucurapo own a 100 per cent record with three wins, the latest coming over the hapless QRC outfit, who have secured one point in four games.

QRC hurting my heart...After that game i feel every old boy present went and drink. Compre is the first team we play that I am actually convinced is fully better than us, but that being said, with a little more heart and some more common sense,we could have taken points off of them.

The match winner in this game, compre's second goal was the funniest own goal I've ever seen... Imagine i watch a keeper parry a bullet staright up... no pressure, nothing on him all he hadda do is catch the ball, catch it you know... and dat man try to punch it out and as it spinning backwards he punch it into his own net... jah...

the first goal compre score should not have scored either i watch an entire defence and goalkeeper watch a ball float, it move so tranquily it wasn't funny, across the six yard box and watch a man walk up to it to head it in...steups...

both sides miss penalties tho...

Compre last goal was a bessssss freekick tho...

I eh know what going on with these youngsters, them don't know the playing with history there... QRC need help fast...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2006, 10:09:09 AM »

QRC hurting my heart...After that game i feel every old boy present went and drink. Compre is the first team we play that I am actually convinced is fully better than us, but that being said, with a little more heart and some more common sense,we could have taken points off of them.

The match winner in this game, compre's second goal was the funniest own goal I've ever seen... Imagine i watch a keeper parry a bullet staright up... no pressure, nothing on him all he hadda do is catch the ball, catch it you know... and dat man try to punch it out and as it spinning backwards he punch it into his own net... jah...

the first goal compre score should not have scored either i watch an entire defence and goalkeeper watch a ball float, it move so tranquily it wasn't funny, across the six yard box and watch a man walk up to it to head it in...steups...

both sides miss penalties tho...

Compre last goal was a bessssss freekick tho...

I eh know what going on with these youngsters, them don't know the playing with history there... QRC need help fast...

Doh feel no how.  Watchin Fatima was exactly de same fuh many years not too long ago.

Sound like allyuh goalie pull a Pepe Reina dey.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2006, 11:00:04 AM »
i heard QRC principal msn name was "Does our football side need a bush bath"
Back in Trini...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2006, 11:04:11 AM »
I pains me to hear my school suffering like that.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2006, 12:26:09 PM »
I pains me to hear my school suffering like that.

:D
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2006, 12:46:30 PM »
Good going Arima  :applause: keep sticking to it

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2006, 02:10:25 PM »
After 4 games QRC have 1 point. We'll get relegated at this rate. Something has got to be done !

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2006, 02:31:42 PM »
i heard QRC principal msn name was "Does our football side need a bush bath"
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
TnT Patriot

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2006, 05:29:54 PM »
how a man named veer lakhan joseph go be a whiteboy...
you talking bout de silva 
lakhan joseph is the left winger

Today I was talking to a St. Joseph's Convent POS student and she corrected me. Plus, the commentators refer to players by their last name only. Think on that a bit.

Turns out the groundsman didn't know the players and pointed De Silva out when I asked who Lakhan-Joseph was. Lappo would have been able to tell me the names of most if not all of the players had he been there still. I actually thought Beggs was Lakhan-Joseph before I asked the groundsman.

This is Trinidad and Tobago boss. You never see a black man with a Chinese name or a white man with an Indian name?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 05:38:20 PM by dwolfman »

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2006, 10:47:43 PM »
What is the latest with Arima Comprehensive?

Arima, rima rima....sing with me baby  :D

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2006, 02:38:00 PM »
Venue in ()
North Zone
St. Anthony's vs Fatima (St. Anthony's)
QRC vs Trinity (QRC)
Mucurapo vs Malick (Fatima)

East Zone
El Dorado vs Arima (El Dorado)
Hillview vs Malabar (Larry Gomes)
St. Augustine vs Toco (St. Augustine)

Central Zone
Presentation vs Union Claxton Bay (Presentation)
Tabaquite vs Marabella (Tabaquite)
Chaguanas vs Carapichaima (Chaguanas)

1]; } ?>