April 28, 2024, 01:51:42 PM

Author Topic: strictly my opinion: ole talk on here and dey  (Read 6193 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
strictly my opinion: ole talk on here and dey
« on: September 13, 2006, 07:10:37 PM »
For all you Trinis  or those wishing ...........

See when yuh live here some people dose think dat dis Canada is de best; me eh blame dem for dat ah mean de place relative to Trini has some upsides.

Me eh nieve tuh know dat de Trini I grow up in,  it e'nt de same as de one now. Oh gosh when yuh read de papers and see the crime and de misery yuh does wonder if any body living a good life down dey.But dem yuh see  that all that is relative fuh it have all the same crimes happening right in yuh yard here yet  some people eh making no big scene and decrying down this place.

But you and I know there are some folks dey who doing very well thank you. And yuh know whey ah person choose tuh live is dey choice. I for one just want tuh have de choice of living back in Trinidad. I cyar speak fuh no one else. I know when I go home; i does feel really like home.

No one staring yuh down well not in the same way; I doh feel ah how when I moving about the place; I feel real "free up"' me eh have tuh always be concern about how ah talking; and  basically ah seeing people who ah just fitting in with. when ah joke ah joke dey understand. me eh have tuh hear a person say "pardon" unless dey "poom"

So You see,  I am really thankful for Canada and all it provided and all that it continues to provide; I think dat ah owe lots tuh this place; It has been a source of  livelihood . I know that I have also contributed and given back to the community , the people and the country. As it has been a  "physcial " home, it has never been "mentally" home. The constant reminders that you are from someplace elsewhere than Canada is eternally a question to be answered on a daily basis. How many times can one justify that? How many times as you speak, people automically place you in a catergory? how many times when you use your  full name ( if you happen to have one that is not anglozise) that others continue to see that as an opportunity to make distinctions as to who is a "true" Canadian?

Well ah done; ah tired and ah focus on de homeland now; ah go do meh duty tuh see those dat ah have tuh see get through but ah on ah mission tuh return to de native land; me eh know when but ah planning along dat line.

Remember dis is my choice me eh saying anyone les have tuh be at dis point; I want tuh make dat decision on whey ah live. yuh know some people here have dey "cottages" well my "cottage" go be in trini. leh me think dat way. ah could still come visit . Why  some ah we fraid?  go visit some of these Caribbean countries; do the research and yuh go find Canadians ; Europeans living down dey; how come dey eh fraid tuh live on de islands? how come dey abandon the life of "milk " and "honey" tuh live in we "yard" and we does think dat this "yard" up here is it?

Nah I done with dat; I want tuh see how many of you want tuh  invest with me in a  upstairs downstairs house; yuh know here  dey does call dem " duplex or four plex"

why ah group ah we eh look into dat and have we own "cottage" by the sea instead of de Lake? look think about it ; if yuh retire down dey yuh hard working Canadaian currency should be worth xxxxx times as much? ent some ah we have  realtives living long lives over dey? how come we does fall into  dis Canadian trap about "health" care?  wha happen we eh have faith in we own peole as doctors? whey we all start off with an education?
 Anyhow ah go wait tuh hear from anyone who want tuh continue de ole talk.

ah dey

So I read in one of the Trinidad newspapers recently where the Canadian High Commissioner in Trinidad  confirmed the "Travel Advisory"  for Canadian citizens travelling to Trinidad about the high rate of crime in the country. Extra precaution must be taken.

I am wondering if the  Trinidad High Commissioner should put out a travel advisory for the citzens of Trinidad and Tobago warning them of the "quality" of life that awaits them when they enter Canada?

Prejudice; systemimic racism; discriminatory practices; denial of self; you know you think you are speaking English but others think you are not? you need to acclimatize to the social norms; you may need to apply for jobs but please anglozise your name else the applicantion might get lost; wrongful accusations; denial of service etc.....

These are just about a few of the travel advisories. I am sure that we all can think of more.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 07:13:55 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: strictly my opinion: ole talk on here and dey
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 07:32:19 PM »
alberta yuh bring up someting dat remind me bout wah my fren fadda told us a while back
he said" monday to friday afternoon trinidad is pressure rite thru...but come friday afternoon when yuh sit down with friends and mix yuh rum and weekend go beach or river lime, there can be no place sweeter. And if i hadda take 5 days of stress for the beauty of our weekends..I go take de stress an keep my tail right here!"

Back in Trini...

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 08:42:08 PM »
For all you Trinis  or those wishing ...........

See when yuh live here some people dose think dat dis Canada is de best; me eh blame dem for dat ah mean de place relative to Trini has some upsides.

Me eh nieve tuh know dat de Trini I grow up in,  it e'nt de same as de one now. Oh gosh when yuh read de papers and see the crime and de misery yuh does wonder if any body living a good life down dey.But dem yuh see  that all that is relative fuh it have all the same crimes happening right in yuh yard here yet  some people eh making no big scene and decrying down this place.

But you and I know there are some folks dey who doing very well thank you. And yuh know whey ah person choose tuh live is dey choice. I for one just want tuh have de choice of living back in Trinidad. I cyar speak fuh no one else. I know when I go home; i does feel really like home.

No one staring yuh down well not in the same way; I doh feel ah how when I moving about the place; I feel real "free up"' me eh have tuh always be concern about how ah talking; and  basically ah seeing people who ah just fitting in with. when ah joke ah joke dey understand. me eh have tuh hear a person say "pardon" unless dey "poom"

So You see,  I am really thankful for Canada and all it provided and all that it continues to provide; I think dat ah owe lots tuh this place; It has been a source of  livelihood . I know that I have also contributed and given back to the community , the people and the country. As it has been a  "physcial " home, it has never been "mentally" home. The constant reminders that you are from someplace elsewhere than Canada is eternally a question to be answered on a daily basis. How many times can one justify that? How many times as you speak, people automically place you in a catergory? how many times when you use your  full name ( if you happen to have one that is not anglozise) that others continue to see that as an opportunity to make distinctions as to who is a "true" Canadian?

Well ah done; ah tired and ah focus on de homeland now; ah go do meh duty tuh see those dat ah have tuh see get through but ah on ah mission tuh return to de native land; me eh know when but ah planning along dat line.

Remember dis is my choice me eh saying anyone les have tuh be at dis point; I want tuh make dat decision on whey ah live. yuh know some people here have dey "cottages" well my "cottage" go be in trini. leh me think dat way. ah could still come visit . Why  some ah we fraid?  go visit some of these Caribbean countries; do the research and yuh go find Canadians ; Europeans living down dey; how come dey eh fraid tuh live on de islands? how come dey abandon the life of "milk " and "honey" tuh live in we "yard" and we does think dat this "yard" up here is it?

Nah I done with dat; I want tuh see how many of you want tuh  invest with me in a  upstairs downstairs house; yuh know here  dey does call dem " duplex or four plex"

why ah group ah we eh look into dat and have we own "cottage" by the sea instead of de Lake? look think about it ; if yuh retire down dey yuh hard working Canadaian currency should be worth xxxxx times as much? ent some ah we have  realtives living long lives over dey? how come we does fall into  dis Canadian trap about "health" care?  wha happen we eh have faith in we own peole as doctors? whey we all start off with an education?
 Anyhow ah go wait tuh hear from anyone who want tuh continue de ole talk.

ah dey

So I read in one of the Trinidad newspapers recently where the Canadian High Commissioner in Trinidad  confirmed the "Travel Advisory"  for Canadian citizens travelling to Trinidad about the high rate of crime in the country. Extra precaution must be taken.

I am wondering if the  Trinidad High Commissioner should put out a travel advisory for the citzens of Trinidad and Tobago warning them of the "quality" of life that awaits them when they enter Canada?

Prejudice; systemimic racism; discriminatory practices; denial of self; you know you think you are speaking English but others think you are not? you need to acclimatize to the social norms; you may need to apply for jobs but please anglozise your name else the applicantion might get lost; wrongful accusations; denial of service etc.....

These are just about a few of the travel advisories. I am sure that we all can think of more.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :notworthy: :notworthy:
My cottage will be done inna timin
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 09:35:22 PM »
Allways my plan to return,and you went down recently and you think it's safe for us .I like the twist of buying or building  a really nice beach house ,brillant.Can we pull that off ,retiring to the ocean shore sounds magnifecent hmmm.I guess am in ......maybe be a 10 year sousou hand lol but work out the complexities of such an undertaking and we might be grateing fresh cocoa balls to make tea and sipping it over a beach fire ,sounds good  :beermug:

« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 09:48:14 PM by Compre Version 2:0 »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 10:08:00 PM »
well i could understand allyuh thoughts bout TnT right now....allyuh name man
but me as a woman reading today's newspaper (Wednesday 13 Sept) of a woman going into a taxi with another woman and a male passenger and next ting you know she naked on her back in some bush dead, I for one scared. Or the next one talking to some young boy in the morning period and next ting you hear she naked raped and throat slit in some drain...

doh tell me that it happening around the world, and in some countries it worst....I know dat.
but what do I prefer....safety for me and my family or ah good weekend, sid down in ah rum shop cussing bout dey same crime issues ??

Yes I'm ah trini to dey bone....but I want to be ah alive one. :beermug:

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 10:22:13 PM »
Yeah girl the plce in a real mess....
Imagine my wife gone home to have she baby...I call she today and she telling me that there have some bachanal, like 3 or 4 newborns died with in the past month.

I want my child to be an alive Trini as well.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 10:46:44 PM »
Daiz tobago man and pretty girls not suppose to walk ,the suppose to drive everywhere  ;)and why she talking to ah crazy boy for ?
Wether it is Tobago , Toco of Point Fortin it is still part of Trinidad and Tobago and that is not supposed to happen

And when we could find enough men to buy cars for these pretty girls some of them will have to walk. Like it or not due to drugs and other tings it aint have enough men in Trini. Men like you Movant TT, TI, Dutty, Prganis, Pecan and the likes go have to go home to sort that out.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 11:07:52 PM »
Ar right boss ,alyah could say ,but i going back if not year round 6 in 6out ...forget that cold ting .
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 11:42:56 PM by Compre Version 2:0 »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 06:33:15 AM »
Canada has been very good to me.  I had no choice in the decision to move to Canada.  One day, meh parents come home and say "we moving to Canada".  I was 13, my father had receied a scholarship to study anywhere in de world.  My parent chose Toronto.  Withih a matter of weeks, I was enrolled in Grade 10 in TO.

My dream was to always return ... now, I eh no. I read about the crime rates, I wonder if i go fit into the T&T that no longer resembles the menories of my childhood.  I wonder, I wonder ....

I never really encountered the kinda of issues that Alberta Trini cited.  I know dat it exisits .. but maybe I was lucky or jus naive and did not see it.  Meh wife is JA and she had a similar experience growing up in Canada as I did (btw - she is /12 black, 1/2 indian and I am 1/2 indian a/s chiney - we consoider ouselves visible minorities).  Her brother always say we naive and we doh see the Canada as it really exists.  But then I reply .. so what?  I happy, de children happy.  Like to told Swima in another post ... The Glass is Half Full

ALberta Trini have a plan and it sounds good.  At least he doing something instead of sitting down an whining.  Good luck brether.  One day, I'll come an visit and we go sit down on the beach and  watch the sun rise (I assume yuh go be in Mayaro)
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 06:36:39 AM »
I would never waste down whey ah livin

but

I doh intend to be old and cold
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 07:20:27 AM »
For all those who abroad....

If you coulda get the big wuk, have pension, medical etc. A nice house and a nice Car really and honestly would you have left sweet T&T.

Having seen both sides of the fence........ those abroad use monetary wealth and job satisfaction as replacements or comfort for the simple pleasures of TT.

No where is perfect and TT has deteriorated.

If yuh rich in TT you doe leave....you does stay and enjoy niceness.

BUT....Only the rich who are victims of crime...i.e kidnap, robbery, rape etc....leave TT.

Those who can live comfortably......This is the best place in the world....What yuh leaving for?

« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 07:23:18 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 07:38:22 AM »

If you coulda get the big wuk, have pension, medical etc. A nice house and a nice Car really and honestly would you have left sweet T&T.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NONONOONONONONON  NONO NOONO NON NON NO NO NO ON ON NO ON ONONO   NO

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 07:40:18 AM »
well i could understand allyuh thoughts bout TnT right now....allyuh name man
but me as a woman reading today's newspaper (Wednesday 13 Sept) of a woman going into a taxi with another woman and a male passenger and next ting you know she naked on her back in some bush dead, I for one scared. Or the next one talking to some young boy in the morning period and next ting you hear she naked raped and throat slit in some drain...

doh tell me that it happening around the world, and in some countries it worst....I know dat.
but what do I prefer....safety for me and my family or ah good weekend, sid down in ah rum shop cussing bout dey same crime issues ??

Yes I'm ah trini to dey bone....but I want to be ah alive one. :beermug:

You sounding exactly like my fiance. Quite a few women I have spoken to don't feel safe here and don't want their kids to be raised here.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 08:18:25 AM »

Having seen both sides of the fence........ those abroad use monetary wealth and job satisfaction as replacements or comfort for the simple pleasures of TT.

No where is perfect and TT has deteriorated.

If yuh rich in TT you doe leave....you does stay and enjoy niceness.

BUT....Only the rich who are victims of crime...i.e kidnap, robbery, rape etc....leave TT.

Those who can live comfortably......This is the best place in the world....What yuh leaving for?

oh yeah ? when ya rich ya more worried bout the safety of your family.....where ya tink all dem "rich" people children is ?
look at norman...as soon as dey kidnap his son and den dey find him in lady young road, within 3 days wha happen to dey son ?
ent dey family ship he and his sister out dey country?
i could call a few "rich" people whos kids are no where near TnT - why ?

i have nothing against banks/financial institutions or their workers...but other than you the rich one opening up ya mouth and broadcasting ya have money to the world, where else people or i should say how else people go know ya have the money ?

when ya have friends in dey right places, you go succeed..

and fur Duttiness....i ain't planning on being old and cold in Canada, but hopefully when i start to get "cold" the situation in SWEET TnT will decreased.....hopefully.
until den, i making meh own paradise in dis free, friendly, crime rate mininal country....only tings missing is ah coconut tree and salt water. :beermug:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 08:22:46 AM by TriniCana »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 08:25:11 AM »

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YES YES YES YES YES yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

money ain't everything tur me...cause what good it is to ya when ya 6 feet under ?
SAFETY furst... :beermug:

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 08:28:24 AM »
Cana

Did you know kidnappings have been on the decline and the highprofile ones amongst the "rich" are non existant since a certain individual has been incarcerated.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 08:59:25 AM »
[

:mackdaddy: :mackdaddy:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 10:14:30 AM »
aye, but what kind of talk is this. why go back to trinidad to buy a house/cottage when yuh ready to dead? it sound like ppl only moving back when it doh matter to them how the Lord take them.   :-\

until t&t show signs of turning around, it's not much of a choice. the racism, etc. that was up here 20, 30 years ago was ten times worse then than what it is now. things are improving up here and only getting worse in trinidad the last few years.  :(

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 11:37:05 AM »
Cana

Did you know kidnappings have been on the decline and the highprofile ones amongst the "rich" are non existant since a certain individual has been incarcerated.

Touches

Did you notice for the past, week 5 women well 5 that we know of, were either raped, murdered, shot, stab with a ice pick no matter of age, race or income bracket ?  Is is only Thursday....

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 11:38:37 AM »
[

:mackdaddy: :mackdaddy:

5 yes and 1 long yes - well Dutty wha ah could say tur dat
ya catch meh :D

Offline d1onlysexysugar

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2006, 11:53:27 AM »
its not dat i wanna sound like a defensive or anything ... but ANY WHERE u go in this world u will get war, heinous crime - rape murders etc. ...  its how u make ur live so u shall live .. in some cases there have been unfortunate events .... its a world problem ... not TnT only ... sorry!  >:(
ADM

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2006, 12:06:54 PM »
its not dat i wanna sound like a defensive or anything ... but ANY WHERE u go in this world u will get war, heinous crime - rape murders etc. ...  its how u make ur live so u shall live .. in some cases there have been unfortunate events .... its a world problem ... not TnT only ... sorry!  >:(

well i not going to say 1 place is better than the other, both have dey plus and minus.
But las month my family from Trinidad came to visit (Canada).  We use to go out for the day, i leave my patio door wide open all the time so the house could get breeze....they could not understand that and thought i was crazy.
i told them leave it, is ok, nobody go come in here....they thought i was mad
i go to sleep and forget to lock the door sometimes
I live in a city of nearly 1million (almost the same size of Trnindad)  people that has about 20 murders  2 rapes a year and most of dem is result of drunken fights leading to stabbing...no guns 
Take that for what it worth

So yes its a world problem, jus different degrees in different places  :beermug:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 12:25:24 PM by ricky »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2006, 12:50:28 PM »
From day 1 I always stated I would go back "home"..however things have changed as time went by..

factors that have influenced me into a different way of thinking...

- kids
- stable (work, lifestyle, house)
- tons of relatives here... most of which I know more since I've been around them longer than the one in TnT.

* What I have real BEEF with is the lack of customer service, lack of any speed when dealing with Gov't agencies in TnT. Where my money is involved I expect to be treated accordingly..and sorry to say TnT ent ready yet. That 20-20 thing is real far away.

* Trinidad and Tobago will never be the way I remember it and I will find it hard to cope with at first.

After having travelled to a few other caribbean islands this year and I'm going to a few more in Jan 2007 ... I know I can get the sun that I seek and the whole caribbean laid-back attitude anywhere up or down the islands. My goal is to find a place (not ruling out Trinidad or Tobago) where I can semi-retire (young) and start a small business to cater to the tourist.  Restaurant, cafe, B&B, Dive tours, sail tours..etc.

We met 4 Yankees in St Thomas who have this 30 ft catamarang that does tours with snorkeling and they rake in about 3-4k a day. If they can do something ..enjoy themself and make coins..so can I.

So I going scouting for possible places to set-up shop in Jan in St Kitts, Grenada and aruba.. hopefully I'll find ah lil place in the sun.

BTW... I eh fraid no crime in Trinidad.. I doh bodda no-one and I smart enough to not flash and go into places or situations that will cause meh to have to take beat-dong. So I know I could survive happy in Trinidad..
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 12:52:23 PM by Jumbie »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2006, 01:14:06 PM »
Yeah...I echo wha ricky and jumbie say...especiailly jumbie,, every point dey is my issue and 'plan' or hope.....
buut Life is a {Oops} up ting....so yuh never know

Anyway under all de all ole talk ...how come all de trinicanucks is de only ones responding?

I know real triniyankee and trinilimey does lurk....whapm allyuh fraid homeland security track dong allyuh IP or wha??  ;D

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2006, 05:07:51 PM »

After you read about all the crime in the newspapers and you go visit home yuh does still be scared and have the same impression?
What u read highlighting unfortunate events....but what do you actually see/experience?

The bad still there but I think the level of fear felt by those abroad a bit higher than reality but that is a personal thing.

All those who up here and actively participate in things related to home   :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2006, 05:46:25 PM »

money ain't everything tur me...cause what good it is to ya when ya 6 feet under ?

i aree..but look even in yuh safe canada..look at dat random peice ah madness in montreal where ar eyour reallys afe. it doh work so hunnie
and besides mosta hd e ppl who get murdered in trini in some kinda bobball...
it seems only innnocent ppl in canada does get shoot wah is dat one.
and i knwo u not in any illgeal things cana so u not safe here.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2006, 08:54:29 PM »

i aree..but look even in yuh safe canada..look at dat random peice ah madness in montreal where ar eyour reallys afe. it doh work so hunnie
and besides mosta hd e ppl who get murdered in trini in some kinda bobball...
it seems only innnocent ppl in canada does get shoot wah is dat one.
and i knwo u not in any illgeal things cana so u not safe here.

Cana ... doh listen to him ... yuh safe in London.  Jus doh move to Shedden .. yuh mite get caught in the motorcycle gang crossfire.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2006, 10:10:35 PM »

After you read about all the crime in the newspapers and you go visit home yuh does still be scared and have the same impression?
What u read highlighting unfortunate events....but what do you actually see/experience?

The bad still there but I think the level of fear felt by those abroad a bit higher than reality but that is a personal thing.

Probably...I read and hear about all the crime but when I went back often enough abt 2 years ago I don't see it, didn't even feel it...I movin around normal. But then again that is mostly Grande side

pray every day for my beloved T&T
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 10:12:08 PM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2006, 10:50:56 PM »
ok some ah allyuh ain't getting meh point, so ah go leave it

but i go say dis

Dey world ain't safe yes i agree...not even in we little London pecan, we safe. London has exactly 400,321 people in it (pecan ya could check dey sign by dey exit ah dey 401)  ;D. We in September already. Only 7 murders fur dey year already. We only problem is dem young bird and dem driving mad at midnight and ya hear bout dey death dey next morning.

ya could be minding ya business in ya living room watching TV and some stray bullet find ya.
ya could be driving home minding ya business again and if ya ain't have dey extra 2000$ to buy ah electronic gate, you hadda come out ya car to open it...dey hook ya up righ dey.  both instances yas is dey innocent victim.

In other instances: as dey saying goes "live by dey sword, die by one" - dat speaks for itself.

Granted there are some women who play dey ass with their lives....like jumpin in ah taxi with 3 men in it, leavin dey house by dey self all hour in dey night, or hopping ah ride from ah stranger....

Ah hear allyuh loud and clear and ah agree 140%

but my bottom line is (dutty leave it) if I have a choice of either walking outside at 9 pm to go tur dey store to buy ah piece ah bread in London or anywhere in Trinidad and Tobago...I will feel safer in London...why ? could it be dat dey London pow pow and dem doh make joke, is it ah different breed ah people, dey Mayor put she foot down on crime. Could it be all 3 ? I doh know, but something working over here and I know meh tax dollars doing something.

I could put meh head on ah block and say NO house in London have burglar proofing. Dey only way ya go know ah person from dey Caribbean living in dat house is if ya see an fence and dey house lock up like ah prison.

and i go say it again....notice me ain't say Canada I saying London ON..run by ah woman mayor :beermug:

1]; } ?>