April 27, 2024, 06:31:07 PM

Author Topic: T&T gives Caribbean a final youth cup win.  (Read 6421 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T gives Caribbean a final youth cup win.
« on: August 28, 2006, 02:31:06 AM »
T&T gives Caribbean a final youth cup win.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

Following fourteen days of action packed competition showcasing the future of regional football, Trinidad and Tobago's Under 16 team gave their fans a final bit of something to celebrate as they clobbered Jamaica 2-0 in the third place playoff on the closing day of the Caribbean Football Union Under 16 Youth Cup.
It was the final victory for the Caribbean as finalists Haiti were outlasted 3-0 by Mexico in the in the championship match, the second of a double header at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Sunday.
For T&T, they avenged the loss to Jamaica in last year's third place encounter in the Under 15 competition and this time they held firm against the more robust Reggae Boyz refusing to back down and instead taking the game to the visitors who will host one of the two groups on the final CONCACAF qualifying round in April next year.
With playmaker Leston Paul still missing through injury, the Anton Corneal coached team was desperate for some form of silverware after the disappointment of losing to Haiti 1-0 on Friday. And the young Soca Warriors delivered in front of their fans.
Both teams kept pace with each other in the first half with the hosts managing to maintain better possession as their midfield play gave them the edge and their defense was steady.
Chike Sullivan and Daniel Joseph had tries at goal but the closest came in the 39th minute when Chad De Freitas played a neat ball in from the right for Joseph but his shot was well kept out by the goalie. T&T's persistence paid off when they got a penalty in the 44th minute after a handle ball incident and topscorer Stephen Knox stepped up to drive low and hard into the right of the goal for a 1-0 T&T lead.
Jamaica hardly got a good sight at goal in the second half and T&T finished them off in the 53rd minute. A well delivered cross saw Man of the Match Ryan Neil leaping well to power a header into the roof of the net. De Freitas almost made it a triple for T&T when his effort came off the bar from the right edge of the box.
In the final, Haiti the most entertaining team of the tournament, winning the most friends as well, matched the Mexicans in every department for the first half but the Central Americans produced the necessary goods to show just why they continue to stand at the top of the CONCACAF.
Haiti had the fans cheering what was almost a goal when St Victor Ulterguens rocked the crossbar with a strong shot on 27 minutes. The Mexicans kept their composure though and they edged ahead on 71 minutes when Carlos Pena mad them pay for failure to clear up at the back.
The best build up of the match moments before saw a right side ball fall for Ulterguens' who could only look on in despair as his shot cannoned off the underside of the crossbar and back into play. Pressure got to the Haitians though after referee Richard Piper called a foul against them on the edge of the box and issued a caution. They protested in intense fashion causing them to have two players sent off - Saint Cyr Widner and their most influential player Joseph Peterson in the 79th minute. The crowd didn't fancy Piper's decision and neither did the Haitian players nor bench staff. Haiti were left sorry as from the resulting free kick, Saul Sandoval sent a bullet home from the edge of the box and late substitute Raul Nava nicked one in the final minute to send the Mexicans clear. The Hatians cried while the Mexicans were the one dancing this time as the presentation ceremony followed under rain after the final whistle. Knox was adjudged the topscorer with ten goals while T&T also got the Fair Play award while Haiti's Dorshan Nelson got the best goalkeeper award and Joseph Patterson deservedly took home the Most Valuable Player accolade.

Results:

Mexico 3 (Carlos Pena 71st, Saul Sandoval 81st, Raul Nava 90th) vs Haiti 0.

T&T 2 (Stephen Knox 44th, Ryan O'Neil 53rd) vs Jamaica 0.

Up-Close

Joh Gol's Report.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 01:46:31 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: T&T gives Caribbean a final youth cup win.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 05:18:15 AM »
Where ReggaeFart ? he mouth gone up in he ass now.... as I said Haiti and Cuba own Jamaica and now your big brothers from South teach you a nice lesson here..... RF, we waiting on a cut ass you promise we. Like RF commit suicide. He said T&T could never beat Jamaica at any level.....  :rotfl:

2-0, all de boast yuh boast whats your excuse now ? and we were missing we best player (Leston Paul)..... RF, you is a dam ass in true, I hope you learn something here. Soca mash up Reggae, like Gregory Issac was de Reggae Boyz coach, he come T&T and night nurse playing in de back ground and he singing Bob Marley's one love........  :rotfl: .... remember when he shit down he self on stage,,,, well de Reggae Boyz shit down they self yesterday. Yuh beat Canada by fluke and now yuh feel T&T was a walk in de park because we tie Barbados.....  :rotfl:

Hey RF, doh worry, we dont only like to play teams from down south, we like to play teams from north too. I hear yuh goalkeeper see stars when Stephen Knox hit he post...

Even de T&T X1 that played de Jamaican 1X in Canada win too.... as I said them Jamaicans like bad dogs with no teeth, only bark bark bark... whats yuh excuse now,,, leh me guess de Reggae Donkeys eh eat supper.... and cat lick they butter....  :rotfl:

They should change they name to "Reggae Donkey" and let Shabba be they coach. He go sing for them "put de don to de key and turn the into ah donkey". Trailer load, trailer load, trailer load - ah shit..... reggae shit, reggae shit all youth man, reggae shit reggae shit all youth man....  :rotfl:

De only way Jamaica beating we is on Play Station 2, with RF playing with Ja and crack head Mosiah playing with T&T...

PS: I must admit, respect to Anton Corneal he did good, we came in second, I will give jack he jacket, he did good, he and Jan Van Deinsen. Ah still DONT like Anton because he is a smart man, but respect anyway...
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 06:22:54 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 05:22:06 AM »
Leave FR alone nah man yuh doh think he feeling bad already....  :rotfl:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 05:46:53 AM »
we came in third.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 06:16:26 AM »
well done lads...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 06:38:04 AM »
we came in third.

We come second, Mexico is an invited team, Haiti win gold. Or better yet, 2nd in de caribbean to an over age Haitian team....  :rotfl:

PS: We are also VOLLEYBALL - Caribbean Championships.....
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 08:18:53 AM by Flex »

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 06:51:18 AM »
well done to win by 2 goals.. :beermug:

but really, what happened Friday? seemed to me the guys were unprepared for the set plays- corners and free kicks were generally wasted..steups that coach.. ???

Offline Lazie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Suh T&T beat mi side?
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 07:03:12 AM »
Congrats people!! 

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Suh T&T beat mi side?
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 07:12:44 AM »

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 07:26:16 AM »
well done youths....wudnt have heard the end of it from RF if they had beat we....
Back in Trini...

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 07:52:31 AM »
Where ReggaeFart ? he mouth gone up in he ass now.... as I said Haiti and Cuba own Jamaica and now your big brothers from South teach you a nice lesson here..... RF, we waiting on a cut ass you promise we. Like RF commit suicide. He said T&T could never beat Jamaica at any level.....  :rotfl:

2-0, all de boast yuh boast whats your excuse now ? and we were missing we best player (Leston Paul)..... RF, you is a dam ass in true, I hope you learn something here. Soca mash up Reggae, like Gregory Issac was de Reggae Boyz coach, he come T&T and night nurse playing in de back ground and he singing Bob Marley's one love........  :rotfl: .... remember when he shit down he self on stage,,,, well de Reggae Boyz shit down they self yesterday. Yuh beat Canada by fluke and now yuh feel T&T was a walk in de park because we tie Barbados.....  :rotfl:

Hey RF, doh worry, we dont only like to play teams from down south, we like to play teams from north too. I hear yuh goalkeeper see stars when Stephen Knox hit he post...

Even de T&T X1 that played de Jamaican 1X in Canada win too.... as I said them Jamaicans like bad dogs with no teeth, only bark bark bark... whats yuh excuse now,,, leh me guess de Reggae Donkeys eh eat supper.... and cat lick they butter....  :rotfl:

They should change they name to "Reggae Donkey" and let Shabba be they coach. He go sing for them "put de don to de key and turn the into ah donkey". Trailer load, trailer load, trailer load - ah shit..... reggae shit, reggae shit all youth man, reggae shit reggae shit all youth man....  :rotfl:

De only way Jamaica beating we is on Play Station 2, with RF playing with Ja and crack head Mosiah playing with T&T...

PS: I must admit, respect to Anton Corneal he did good, we came in second, I will give jack he jacket, he did good, he and Jan Van Deinsen. Ah still DONT like Anton because he is a smart man, but respect anyway...

O' gome Sam, yuh killing RF..... Lard !!!!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 08:19:37 AM by Flex »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 08:15:03 AM »

wha make corneal good he did so so .....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 08:23:38 AM »
Did we conceed the least amount of goals or was it Mexico.....

Only 3 goals was scored on us... and we played Aruba, Barbados, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti and Jamaica.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 10:19:06 AM »
Congrats people!! 

Thank you Lazie :beermug:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline corncom1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 11:18:30 AM »
Did we conceed the least amount of goals or was it Mexico.....

Only 3 goals was scored on us... and we played Aruba, Barbados, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti and Jamaica.
For the entire tournament Trinidad scored 21 goals and conceded 3. Jamaica scored 21 goals and conceded 8. Haiti scored 28 goals and conceded only 4.
Maybe Jack should have placed Haiti in Jamaica's group and put Panama in Trinidad's group since it's very likely that Panama will host Trinidad next year in the final round. ;D ;D

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 12:26:21 PM »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 03:51:24 PM »
For the entire tournament Trinidad scored 21 goals and conceded 3. Jamaica scored 21 goals and conceded 8. Haiti scored 28 goals and conceded only 4.

Actually T&T scored 23 goals and not 21 as you stated, you didn't count the two Jamaica got yesterday....  :angel:

Standings.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 04:05:37 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2006, 04:04:29 PM »

Actually T&T scored 23 goals and not 21 as you stated, you didn't count the two Jamaica got yesterday....  :angel:

Standings.
True. Since I put that Jamaica conceded 8 goals included  by Mexico and Panama whom were expected to beat Jamaica badly, including Canada.   
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 04:06:03 PM by Flex »
jjbrown

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2006, 08:18:24 PM »

O' gome Sam, yuh killing RF..... Lard !!!!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Meh Sister wukin d hospital for the insane in Kingston..she say a rastaman check in yesterday evening around 415pm...screamin dong d place sayin 'Jamaica is still nbr 1, Jamaica is still nbr 1...oh laaaawddd dem Trini tief we...I reggae Fan say so...oh jahhhh...dem bloodclartl Trini's tief we'  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 08:43:11 PM »
How do you clobber somebody 2-0?  It's a good margin, but not a clobbering.  Anyway decent showing but nex time we want 1st place!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 01:41:12 PM »
http://www.fifa.com/en/media/index/0...115830,00.html
http://www.fifa.com/en/comp/index/0,...ticleid=120209

I must've missed this, but apparently the U17 World Cup has been expanded to 24 teams instead of 16 for the 2007 edition. Apparently, they're now giving an extra spot to the confederation which won the previous tournament, so that's why we get five (thanks Mexico). Here's the breakdown of places:

- AFC 5 (4 + hosts Korea)
- CAF 4
- CONCACAF 5 (including 1 slot for winning the 2005 event)
- CONMEBOL 4
- OFC 1
- UEFA 5

BIGSOCCER MEMBER (scaryice)

So far I think these are the teams in the final...

USA (how did they qualify) ?
Canada (how did they qualify) ?
Haiti (caribbean champs)
Jamaica (host)
Trinidad & Tobago (caribbean runners-up)
Mexico (defending world champs)
Honduras (host)
winner of the Costa Rica/Panama/El Salvador or Guatemala games.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 01:55:44 PM by Flex »

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2006, 02:31:09 PM »
http://www.fifa.com/en/media/index/0...115830,00.html
http://www.fifa.com/en/comp/index/0,...ticleid=120209

I must've missed this, but apparently the U17 World Cup has been expanded to 24 teams instead of 16 for the 2007 edition. Apparently, they're now giving an extra spot to the confederation which won the previous tournament, so that's why we get five (thanks Mexico). Here's the breakdown of places:

- AFC 5 (4 + hosts Korea)
- CAF 4
- CONCACAF 5 (including 1 slot for winning the 2005 event)
- CONMEBOL 4
- OFC 1
- UEFA 5

BIGSOCCER MEMBER (scaryice)

So far I think these are the teams in the final...

USA (how did they qualify) ?
Canada (how did they qualify) ?
Haiti (caribbean champs)
Jamaica (host)
Trinidad & Tobago (caribbean runners-up)
Mexico (defending world champs)
Honduras (host)
winner of the Costa Rica/Panama/El Salvador or Guatemala games.

The qualified based on their past performances in the qualification. ie: games won and lost over a period of time.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2006, 02:34:48 PM »
this is how the groups may be..

Jamaica , haiti ,canada,costa rica
Honduras, tnt, guatemala and USA

so since concacaf will be sending 6 teams to korea (mexico defending champs already qualifies)  the two 3rd place teams go into a play off. so we have a good chance to be there
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2006, 03:28:15 PM »

so since concacaf will be sending 6 teams to korea (mexico defending champs already qualifies)  the two 3rd place teams go into a play off. so we have a good chance to be there
Ah tink yuh get tie up triniman. Is 5 teams going. Mexico + 4. So it look like is only the first 2 teams in each group. So, considering we only finish 2nd in the Caribbean group, we have real work to do to make it to the final.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2006, 03:35:43 PM »

so since concacaf will be sending 6 teams to korea (mexico defending champs already qualifies)  the two 3rd place teams go into a play off. so we have a good chance to be there

I think you make a slight mistake. We send 5 teams to Korea. Now I'm pretty sure that there will only be 8 teams in the final qualifying group so my guess is that Mex qualifies automatically as defending champions and the top two in each group go through.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>