April 29, 2024, 04:28:55 AM

Author Topic: Pompey eye Denilson Swoop  (Read 4636 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Pompey eye Denilson Swoop
« on: September 13, 2006, 09:05:36 AM »
if this deal only take place, then manutd, chelsea and liverpool have to watch out!!..........ah love it!!

www.skysports.com

Brazilian star Denilson is training with Portsmouth with a view to joining the ambitious Premiership outfit.

The 29-year-old is a free agent after failing to agree fresh terms with Bordeaux this summer.

The likes of Celtic and Tottenham showed interest over the summer but no offer materialised.

Now big spending Portsmouth are checking on the winger as manager Harry Redknapp looks at further ways to bolster his squad.

"We are taking a look at him," Redknapp told The Mirror.

Earlier this month Denilson was in talks with Saudi Arabian outfit Al Nasr about a move to The Middle East.

The club even claimed a deal was done, but it seems Denilson is still considering his options and the man who was the most expensive player in the world when Real Betis paid over £20 million for him, could end up at Fratton Park.

New Pompey supremo Alexandre Gaydamak is known to be keen on bringing some big names into the club and he will no doubt provide the finances for Denilson, should Redknapp decide he is a player he wants.

Imagine harry redknapp getting the best out of the player once more!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pompey eye Denilson Swoop
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 10:00:34 AM »
I for one wud love tuh see dis man play in de EPL jus fuh de sake ah beatin man whole day. dats wat de epl need more man tuh share beats forget about de discipline style ah play, pompey en winnin shit and dey en gettin relegated so play pretty n stylish, ppl go like allyuh more ;D sayin dat ah believe dey cud get ah uefa spot dis yr
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 10:04:13 AM »
Denilson = Slipping

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 11:02:48 AM »
How does this work if the transfer deadline has passed?  EPL hoes enlighten me.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 11:18:16 AM »
Unattached players can sign outside the window,

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 11:18:23 AM »

He is a free agent... He will simply sign with them... there is no transfer involved
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 11:23:08 AM »
cool, thanks

I would like to see him light it up.  Yuh know how British defenders like to rush in.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 11:35:17 AM »
Denilson = The Brazillian Evans Wise
TnT Patriot

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 12:52:03 PM »

except Denilson could cross a ball

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 02:03:43 PM »

He could, but the eternal question is if he will...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 02:12:08 PM »

He could, but the eternal question is if he will...

doubtfull

Més que un club.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 07:05:22 PM »
ah could just see Denilson eating a "Ben Thatcher" from ah English right back  :rotfl:

he ent go make in de EPL with dat kinda shit he does try to do
where allyuh get this idea he could cross ball?..he does step over so much he shoelace and dem does get confused too..steups
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Darkromeo

• New Warrior
  • Tru Tru warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 08:00:11 PM »
ah could just see Denilson eating a "Ben Thatcher" from ah English right back  :rotfl:

he ent go make in de EPL with dat kinda shit he does try to do
where allyuh get this idea he could cross ball?..he does step over so much he shoelace and dem does get confused too..steups

:rotfl: dred pompey could use he as ah fan in d dressing room at halftime all dem step overs boun to make ah good breeze. hmmm but yuh never know eh last season pompey was out of it until Harry take over so maybe could get him to play decent football but thats left to be seen.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2006, 08:21:18 PM »
Candidate for de first break foot in the EPL this season.  Greatest example that football is not only bout dribbling.  Leh him gone look to learn to shoot to, with he powder puff.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 09:02:56 PM »
Ah feel allyah eh really watch Denilson beyond some substitute appearances in the WC. It is pretty clear that he got some specific instructions to turn men up and eat up the clock by getting fouled. I watched him play for Bordeaux last year and he was one of hteir best players when he wasn't hurt. Even in his penultimate season at Betis he was superb. After his surgery a couple season ago, he never got back his starting spot at Betis and left. But before that he was getting the rave reviews in La Liga that he was not getting in his first spell at the club. Carlos Alberto Parreira once said Denilson is a national treasure but he needs to be nurtured and used in the right way on the pitch...Anyone who has actually watched him play 90 minutes of football knows that he has everything. He is the real deal..he can shoot, score, cross and of course we all know he can turn up men. He also put on some muscle and is a stronger more robust player than before. I think he has a bad image that is inaccurate and he never could escape that image of a dribbling, over flambouyant sub...but dat is ignorance. A good coach will get a lot out fo Denilson and he is still at a good age..He has plenty years still. i hope he stays in Europe and doesn't go for the moneya nd obscurity of the Middle East

Anyway..some highlights of Denilson last season at Bordeaux. I tell you..he wll rip England. Very underestimated footballer
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wZwzo7px3qk

« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 09:05:21 PM by Filho »

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 09:17:51 AM »
Ah feel allyah eh really watch Denilson beyond some substitute appearances in the WC. It is pretty clear that he got some specific instructions to turn men up and eat up the clock by getting fouled. I watched him play for Bordeaux last year and he was one of hteir best players when he wasn't hurt. Even in his penultimate season at Betis he was superb. After his surgery a couple season ago, he never got back his starting spot at Betis and left. But before that he was getting the rave reviews in La Liga that he was not getting in his first spell at the club. Carlos Alberto Parreira once said Denilson is a national treasure but he needs to be nurtured and used in the right way on the pitch...Anyone who has actually watched him play 90 minutes of football knows that he has everything. He is the real deal..he can shoot, score, cross and of course we all know he can turn up men. He also put on some muscle and is a stronger more robust player than before. I think he has a bad image that is inaccurate and he never could escape that image of a dribbling, over flambouyant sub...but dat is ignorance. A good coach will get a lot out fo Denilson and he is still at a good age..He has plenty years still. i hope he stays in Europe and doesn't go for the moneya nd obscurity of the Middle East

Anyway..some highlights of Denilson last season at Bordeaux. I tell you..he wll rip England. Very underestimated footballer

thanks Filho. Always thought there was a lot more to him.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 09:35:37 AM »

Filho I disagree with you here.

His is a dribbler and probably can cross a ball but all that talk about scoring and being the complete player is nonsense. Has he ever scored a significant amount of goals for any team? If so let me know. Also, your point about him being instructed by the coach to dribble and waste time, verify it otherwise he is the one trick pony we all know.

He is far from a complete player and his career bears that out. As for your video, a compilation of ones best "moments" does not show ones true impact or worth.
TnT Patriot

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 09:54:52 AM »

Filho, the video you paste to defend you player just serving as a bigger indicment against him. For a player of his attacking capacity is kind of a sad reflection on him (and/or the team he plays for that only 5 goals come out of all those actions we see in the clip. A perfect example is the play where he jink through 5 defenders and then rather than take on the keeper, he lay the ball off to a player in an even less easier position to shoot. I not discounting the fact that injury play a part in him being where he is today ( a free agent of the French league) but Denilson has always been caracterized by bad decision making, instructions for time wasting given or not.
Even at Betis I used to wonder why the hell they pay so much money for him. To be quite honest, I always thought his acquisition by Bordeaux was an image gesture than anything else. Bordeaux has always been a decent team but they have rarely captured the imagination in the last 6 years or so. While Lyon had its brazilian line: (sonny anderson, elber, juninho) PSG had ronaldhino, Monaco had its eastern european contingent (Prso, Plasil), and Marseille had Barthez, a couple africans, all Bordeaux had was Pauleta before they sold him to PSG, around the same time Denilson arrived.

As to him ripping it up in England I will believe it when I see it...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Adams: Denilson not up to premiership standard.
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 10:00:22 AM »
If what Tony Adams say is true, then Denilson fall off de radar real bad!!

www.skysports.com

Portsmouth assistant manager Tony Adams thinks it is unlikely they will pursue their interest in Brazilian trialist Denilson.

The former Sao Paulo and Real Betis winger has been training with Pompey this week in a bid to find a new club.

The 29-year-old is free agent after spending last season with French club Bordeaux before failing to agree terms on a contract extension at the conclusion of the campaign.

Celtic and Tottenham Hotspur have also been mentioned with Denilson, but Adams believes the Fratton Park club will not take their interest in the South American any further.

"I don't think Denilson is up to that standard," Adams told Sky Sports News.

"I don't think he's going to be making next week, though I'm not sure.

"I think he's still technically very good and he's obviously a very famous name, but we have a lot of trialists coming here.

"I go back to my time at Arsenal - it was like a conveyer belt of players coming in and trialing.

"The good ones like Patrick Vieira we kept hold of, but a lot of them you didn't actually see again.

"Every squad in The Premiership are the same - they'll get people in and have a look at them and hopefully, some you can use and unfortunately, some you can't."

i woulda like tuh see him in de premiership!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: Adams: Denilson not up to premiership standard.
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 11:13:50 AM »
Actually I am not surprised, Denilson is a skills man pure and simple, EPL is to fast and too physical for Denilson to keep up.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 01:23:00 PM »

Filho I disagree with you here.

His is a dribbler and probably can cross a ball but all that talk about scoring and being the complete player is nonsense. Has he ever scored a significant amount of goals for any team? If so let me know. Also, your point about him being instructed by the coach to dribble and waste time, verify it otherwise he is the one trick pony we all know.

He is far from a complete player and his career bears that out. As for your video, a compilation of ones best "moments" does not show ones true impact or worth.

He is a winger..so I don't really expect him to be busting the net all that often
Also, this is an amateur Youtube compilation of highlights in a handful of games for Bordeaux...I though that even for such a small sample you get to see a little bit more of his repertoire..such as taking free kicks....a few goals and some nice passes..and a couple assists. It's just a small sample..not to say he is the greatest or most complete player, but just to say that he can still play at a decent level and is not a one trick pony

Also, if you doubt Denilson has specific instructions from his coach...no worries. I am only assuming a no-nonsense coach like Scolari would not never select someone who was just a flagrant showboating idiot. Especially not in the WC final. Anyway, I watched him a lot last season becasue I was curious and had kinda written him off, only to be surprised that he is still a good player...my 2 cents

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2006, 01:29:01 PM »

Filho, the video you paste to defend you player just serving as a bigger indicment against him. For a player of his attacking capacity is kind of a sad reflection on him (and/or the team he plays for that only 5 goals come out of all those actions we see in the clip. A perfect example is the play where he jink through 5 defenders and then rather than take on the keeper, he lay the ball off to a player in an even less easier position to shoot. I not discounting the fact that injury play a part in him being where he is today ( a free agent of the French league) but Denilson has always been caracterized by bad decision making, instructions for time wasting given or not.
Even at Betis I used to wonder why the hell they pay so much money for him. To be quite honest, I always thought his acquisition by Bordeaux was an image gesture than anything else. Bordeaux has always been a decent team but they have rarely captured the imagination in the last 6 years or so. While Lyon had its brazilian line: (sonny anderson, elber, juninho) PSG had ronaldhino, Monaco had its eastern european contingent (Prso, Plasil), and Marseille had Barthez, a couple africans, all Bordeaux had was Pauleta before they sold him to PSG, around the same time Denilson arrived.

As to him ripping it up in England I will believe it when I see it...

No man...doh worry about the stats in the clip. it is an amateur video...not his 'Best Moments in France' video. In any case, looks like he isn't going to make it in England. The assistant coach, Tony Adams is unimpressed.

Offline chunk-a-loonks

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2006, 04:05:51 PM »
You know people always berating Denilson because they expect him to be ripping up the net but by his very own admission he has stated that he found this strange and surprising since he was never really a goal-scorer. He saw himself as an attacking midfielder with his primary function to set up the goals for other players.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2006, 05:06:24 PM »
baet is beat

i never see a man to big and physical to eat a spanner

hard luck denilson
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2006, 07:41:48 PM »
Actually I am not surprised, Denilson is a skills man pure and simple, EPL is to fast and too physical for Denilson to keep up.

well said

very true about him

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2006, 08:39:36 PM »
D'Alessandro was a skills man too and his small stint in the EPL was good...Is all about the team around a player like that...If the team doesn't suit him the he will not fit...I would have loved to see Denilson run out in EPL...I sure he would have made some impact

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2006, 01:07:54 PM »
D'Alessandro was a skills man too and his small stint in the EPL was good...Is all about the team around a player like that...If the team doesn't suit him the he will not fit...I would have loved to see Denilson run out in EPL...I sure he would have made some impact

A younger more hungry Denilson maybe, not one in his sunset years, yuh feel he is Latas or what :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2006, 02:11:43 PM »

A younger more hungry Denilson maybe, not one in his sunset years, yuh feel he is Latas or what :rotfl: :rotfl:

29 yrs old  is "sunset years"? wow!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>