April 25, 2024, 04:24:03 PM

Author Topic: EA Scores The Biggest Names in Soccer for FIFA07  (Read 7170 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
EA Scores The Biggest Names in Soccer for FIFA07
« on: September 15, 2006, 11:09:45 AM »
EA Scores The Biggest Names in Soccer for FIFA07

Date: Wednesday, 16 August, 2006

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – August 11, 2006 – Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced the match-winning line-up of players who will take to the field as the global stars of FIFA 07. Spanning all outfield positions, FIFA 07 will showcase seven of the world’s most skillful and talented players when the best-selling* video game from the EA SPORTS™ brand ships to stores across North America on October 3, 2006.

Brazilian International and two-time FIFA World Player of the Year Ronaldinho of Barcelona will be the centre-piece of all FIFA 07 covers alongside individual star players from selected territories. Seven athletes in all will be featured on FIFA 07 covers and will be showcased in marketing campaigns around the world. L.A. Galaxy striker Landon Donovan and Francisco “Kikin” Fonseca of SL Benfica will be featured alongside Ronaldinho on the cover in North America while Wayne Rooney of Manchester United will be on the cover in the United Kingdom, Lukas Podolski of Bayern Munich in Germany, David Villa of Valencia in Spain and Juninho Pernambucano of Olympique Lyonnais in France.

“EA SPORTS works with the best players in the world to develop the most authentic soccer games and we are particularly proud of this year’s line-up in FIFA 07,” said Clive Downie, Vice-President of Marketing, EA Europe. “Every player who will grace the cover of FIFA 07 is renowned as one of the best at his position in the world, and we are offering a line-up which would be a match for any team past or present.”

PLAYER
NATIONALITY
CLUB

Wayne Rooney
English
Manchester United (England)

Ronaldinho
Brazilian
Barcelona (Spain)

David Villa
Spanish
Valencia (Spain)

Lukas Podolski
German
Bayern Munich (Germany)

Francisco Fonseca
Mexican
SL Benfica (Portugal)

Juninho Pernambucano
Brazilian
Olympique Lyonnais (France)

Landon Donovan
American
LA Galaxy (United States)

Today, EA also announced it has renewed its exclusive licensing agreements with the English FA Premier League and the Mexican 1st Division.

The exclusive rights to the F.A. Premier League extend EA’s license for an additional four years up to and including the 2010-11 season. The deal allows EA SPORTS sole rights to include every Premier League club and stadium and allows the FIFA franchise to deliver the most realistic and up-to-date game with current kits, squads and player likenesses.

"The Premier League is widely regarded as the most exciting in the world and we’re delighted to have been able to extend our current deal," said Dan Holman, Marketing Manager, EA SPORTS. "The FIFA franchise has always delivered the most authentic game experience and our continuing relationship will enable us to maintain the high standards fans have come to expect from EA SPORTS."

The Mexican professional soccer league was founded in 1943 and this year the best 18 teams formed the 1st Division. This is the fourth consecutive year that the Mexican Soccer Federation has partnered with EA SPORTS to include the likenesses and profiles of players, team apparel, and for the first time, the league’s official ball and main Mexican stadia.

“The Mexican ‘First Division’ league is proud to extend our partnership with the world’s leading interactive gaming company,” said Rodrigo López Jurado / Federación Mexicana de Fútbol. “In our country, the FIFA franchise from EA is the most authentic and realistic interactive soccer game and it accurately depicts professional soccer in Mexico. We’re looking forward to the exciting innovations in this year’s FIFA 07.”

With 27 leagues from over 20 nations and seven global stars unveiled today, FIFA 07 will re-create an authentic match day experience like never before, allowing fans to experience all the emotions associated with the real game.

This year, you have the power to shape your club’s destiny in the EA SPORTS™ Interactive Leagues, a new online** mode that enables you to pit your club against supporters of your real-world opponents. The Interactive Leagues feature the F.A. Premier League, Bundesliga, French League and Mexican 1st Division. Experience the future of online gaming as you play your games according to the real-world schedule. When they play, you play. Track your team’s progress as the aggregate results determine your club’s position in the league table. Now you actually take to the pitch for the glory of your club. This is the season where you make the difference!

New intelligent A.I. ensures that your 11 men on the pitch make realistic decisions finding space and passing like professionals. A complete overhaul of the game engine now means that you have to employ real world tactics, make split-second decisions and think like a player in order to win matches. Watch as your players jostle and collide realistically while trying to win balls. Experience the realism of the world’s superstars who come to life with signature moves and authentic playing styles and a more sophisticated shooting mechanic that gives you greater control to produce finesse shots, for pin-point accuracy, or powerful laces shots. Plus you have the ability to apply topspin or backspin to the ball for more creative set-pieces.

FIFA 07, developed by EA Canada in Vancouver, B.C., is scheduled to ship on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube™, Nintendo DS™, and Game Boy® Advance, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, PC and mobile. The game is rated is rated “E” (Everyone) by the ESRB.

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: EA Scores The Biggest Names in Soccer for FIFA07
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 11:41:14 AM »
even though i playing this game since fifa 1998, i thinking about skipping fifa 07. maybe i will pick up a next gen fifa 08.

after playing winning eleven, the gameplay in fifa is seem like a major step backwards.

for those of you who take offense, please try winning eleven before allyuh start getting on. the pc version going for cheap on amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=br_ss_hs/102-4824787-7395348?platform=gurupa&url=index%3Dblended&keywords=winning+eleven+9&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 12:11:59 PM »
even though i playing this game since fifa 1998, i thinking about skipping fifa 07. maybe i will pick up a next gen fifa 08.

after playing winning eleven, the gameplay in fifa is seem like a major step backwards.

for those of you who take offense, please try winning eleven before allyuh start getting on. the pc version going for cheap on amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=br_ss_hs/102-4824787-7395348?platform=gurupa&url=index%3Dblended&keywords=winning+eleven+9&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

Winning Eleven is boss

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 12:20:42 PM »

Winning Eleven is boss

If again... and ah now get the latest Option File for PS2.... WE9 like ah brand new game now!! All the teams update with uniforms and transfers!! Stats edited etc etc..... All promoted teams included and relegated teams removed... They even remove Juventus and put them in Rest of the World instead!!
This sh!t even more realistic and addicting now!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 12:29:00 PM »
ff,

where you get that file? how you get it on your PS2?

i seriously considering moving to PC gaming for next gen games.

let we see:
PS3 = $599 US
Xbox 360 = $399 US + more for HD compatibility
PC Wireless Controller = $40 US
Good PC graphics card = $200 US

plus the PC games is drop in price quicker.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 12:34:14 PM »
FIFA have NOTHING on Winning Eleven. End of story.

If you are a serious PS2 baller, you know this...if yuh like arcade games, choose FIFA

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 12:40:36 PM »
ff,

where you get that file? how you get it on your PS2?

i seriously considering moving to PC gaming for next gen games.

let we see:
PS3 = $599 US
Xbox 360 = $399 US + more for HD compatibility
PC Wireless Controller = $40 US
Good PC graphics card = $200 US

plus the PC games is drop in price quicker.

Yuh need to buy a Max drive... which can transfer files from yuh PC to yuh PS2 Memory Card.
I try Pro Evo on PC and I eh really feel it... It much easier to edit though... but ah like de bigger screen....

Yuh could get a Max drive at GameStop or EB Games
Look de option file to download here:
http://www.delphi-hosting.com/watson/WE9IPS2Max.html

and de info about what dey update:
http://www.delphi-hosting.com/watson/Option_File.html

The man also replace the Classic teams with u-21 teams.... for example Brazil Classics is now current day Brazil u-21.... some ppl doh like that but I prefer it.... plus yuh doh get Pele and Maradona running amok in yuh Master League... and yuh could buy good young players

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 12:45:20 PM »
thanks breds. i will look into it.

i like them classic sides. but when pele, maradona, zico, cantona, di stephano or the likes show up on an opposing side in the ML is horrors. i is try to mash them up and take the yellow or red if they getting on too bad.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 12:49:56 PM »
W.E ballers, allyuh figure out how to score a Roberto Carlos free-kick yet? Is there a particular technique (curve, shot power etc) or is it just based on luck?

Cause I have de technique down I think...say from over 30 m..is either I hitting de post, goalie make de save, or going straight in his gloves...ah only score a FK with R. Carlos twice

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 01:04:45 PM »
W.E ballers, allyuh figure out how to score a Roberto Carlos free-kick yet? Is there a particular technique (curve, shot power etc) or is it just based on luck?

Cause I have de technique down I think...say from over 30 m..is either I hitting de post, goalie make de save, or going straight in his gloves...ah only score a FK with R. Carlos twice

I busting net right through.... from right outside de box to 35 yards!!

Is Lugers right through

from close... just aim inside de post not protected by the wall (yes by the keeper).... hold down UP R1 and power up about quarter power... not too much.... so it go stay low.... when de power bar appear, hold down triangle... that is the key.. that is de excess power yuh need... as long as is not Oliver Khan or Buffon in de post is SURE GOAL...

From further out more difficult..... lewee say 35 yards.... yuh hadda power up plenty so yuh does lose accuracy.... Aim around de wall, a lil ways from de corner yuh shooting for..... Hold down UP and if yuh bending it to the left hold down LEFT too... so yuh holding down diagonal "LEFT and UP".... hold down R1 as well..... Power up to about a lil over halfway.... now this is de tricky part..... if yh power too much with yuh heavy thumb... hold down X instead of triangle.... this will dip de ball so it ent go go over bars.... if yuh get de power just right..... go ahead and hold down Triangle.... SURE GOAL....

Edit: It still have a lil luck involved eh

Try it out in practice.... i have some nice replays saved
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 01:18:18 PM by FF »

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 01:06:47 PM »
Oh no me and mih boy does always be arguing about which game better but i like fifa graphics.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 01:15:10 PM »
It would be interesting to see this so called new look version. I have played every versiion of Fifa and there have been things that worked and things that were just horrble.  That was until I played Winning Eleven back in 02, and I never went back. Now FIFA 07 designers have finally figuered out why winning eleven have been gaining all the supporters. It's not the leagues, or liscensed players, the gameplay and graphics are just great. The ability to really manage a team, train them and work your ass off to win the titles.

I wait to see........

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 01:17:35 PM »

Is Lugers right through

from close... just aim inside de post not protected by the wall (yes by the keeper).... hold down UP R1 and power up about quarter power... not too much.... so it go stay low.... when de power bar appear, hold down triangle... that is the key.. that is de excess power yuh need... as long as is not Oliver Khan or Buffon in de post is SURE GOAL...

From further out more difficult..... lewee say 35 yards.... yuh hadda power up plenty so yuh does lose accuracy.... Aim around de wall, a lil ways from de corner yuh shooting for..... Hold down UP and if yuh bending it to the left hold down LEFT too... so yuh holding down diagonal "LEFT and UP".... hold down R1 as well..... Power up to about a lil over halfway.... now this is de tricky part..... if yh power too much with yuh heavy thumb... hold down X instead of triangle.... this will dip de ball so it ent go go over bars.... if yuh get de power just right..... go ahead and hold down Triangle.... SURE GOAL....

I had it wrong den...thanks breds

imagine I had score one from 42 yds and ah never save it

from close I power up enough and hold down UP and R1....but I never press triangle

as for further out i usually aim at de face of goal and press direction to curve away, hardly if ever works. I will try out your tactics.  :beermug:

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 01:26:53 PM »

Is Lugers right through

Edit: It still have a lil luck involved eh

FF DO YOU GO ONLINE? What's your screen name?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 01:28:32 PM »
The reviews and and the forums real rating up this game. Usually I ignore the reviews, half of them are paid off. The forums however are a good indication of how good the game is. Those who have played the PC demo are very pleased with the game. They say that they did not expect such an improvement. I never owned a console before but I will be buying an XBOX 360 just to play FIFA 07 and PES6.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2006, 01:30:44 PM »
FF DO YOU GO ONLINE? What's your screen name?

Nah boy... ah coulda go online for Pro Evo for PC but ah uninstall dat....

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2006, 01:51:19 PM »
My screen name is Socawarrior and ever since the World Cup anytime I log on nuff man lining up to play me.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2006, 02:08:07 PM »
You know what I don’t like about you winning 11 fans you weight till someone says something about FIFA then you come out on how good your is we that love FIFA don’t care about winning 11 I played every year it has it good and bad but it can’t touches FIFA that’s my view last year’s game winning 11 was the worst one I still will get but stop with the groppy shit.
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2006, 02:15:51 PM »
You know what I don’t like about you winning 11 fans you weight till someone says something about FIFA then you come out on how good your is we that love FIFA don’t care about winning 11 I played every year it has it good and bad but it can’t touches FIFA that’s my view last year’s game winning 11 was the worst one I still will get but stop with the groppy shit.

Ha ha ha is true.... We winning eleven fans does really act better than de rest!! Is cause we feel enlightened! Jump over de fence Bally and join us on de high and mighty level.  :rotfl:

Hard luck bout last weekend eh... ah was indisposed .... poor Strip had to travel from Queens

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2006, 02:30:30 PM »

How do you explain FIFA wORLD CUP 06- Worst FIFA to date

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2006, 02:34:51 PM »

bally,

most ah we is play both games. that is how we could compare.

anyhow, to each is own. i eh hating on nobody because they have a different opinion from me.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2006, 04:14:17 PM »
D REASON I BUYING FIFA

it have d license

d last we i play i had to choose red uinited or some crap so

an i wa play wit trinidad and all d world cup teams in fifa for d next four years
bless
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2006, 05:47:54 AM »
Well T&T should be in fifa this year. That should be wicked
Hart for president

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2006, 08:48:42 AM »
Living in america...
why I have to see balding s**tsnake Landon Donovan on every EA FIFa transition screen?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2006, 08:51:33 AM »
Living in america...
why I have to see balding s**tsnake Landon Donovan on every EA FIFa transition screen?

Pure Marketing.  Donovan is America Golden chile in football.  Freddy Adu nex.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>