March 28, 2024, 09:10:57 AM

Author Topic: Theobald talks about trying times.  (Read 7533 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Theobald talks about trying times.
« on: September 15, 2006, 03:32:21 PM »
Theobald talks about trying times.
By: Shaun Fuentes.
[/size]

National Team World Cup midfielder Densill Theobald is setting his sights on heading back out in hope of securing a long-term contract in January and has hence stayed away from signing any contracts with interested clubs in the T&T Pro League.
Theobald, back in the country after a short stint in England, was expecting to line up for Caledonia AIA in the FCB Cup on Friday but did not receive his international clearance in time. However he will stay with the club on a short term basis before heading back out to Europe at the end of the year.
Among the clubs interested in the former Malick Senior Comprehensive player is Champions’ League outfit Austria Salzburg. But Theobald was unable to visit the club in time due to a lack of visa before the transfer window closed earlier this month.
Theobald also spent one week on trial at English club Doncaster Rovers prior to the offer from Salzburg and he also has interest from a club each in Norway, Sweden and Israel.
Theobald admitted that the period following the World Cup in which he made three appearances against Sweden, England and Paraguay was a trying one for him. He explains his decision to terminate his contract with Falkirk FC.
“Definitely it was a trying period for me,” Theobald told TTFF Media. “I just want to get back on the field and start playing games. I’m craving that. Some clubs like San Juan Jabloteh and Joe Public have shown interest as well.”
“After the World Cup I had a slight injury and then I had the situation resolved with Falkirk. That was a decision I was comfortable with at the end of the day. It was a decision I also took with Russell and we both felt it was the best thing at the time. What influenced my decision at the time too was that the coach said before the World Cup that he didn’t think I would feature in the first team after the World Cup. For me that was a depressing thing to find out especially after the season when I had been trying my best to get into the starting team. I went to the World Cup and fortunately we were in good shape with the preparations and I got some decent playing time. Then to hear that I still may not feature in the Falkirk team was very disappointing. Then after all that, the  manager came and said he thinks I have a big part to play at the club. I didn’t know what to believe at the time,” said Theobald, adding that he had discussed with Latapy that the decision to leave would suit him once it seemed he would move on and get more play time.
Unfortunately with the injury and then the lack of travel documents to reach Austria in time meant Theobald would have to wait until the new year.
He also felt the article in the local media with T&T head coach Wim Rijsberen comments about his Falkirk exit was taken out of context.
“I really don’t think the national team coach would go in the public and make such a criticism because he knew all the time before under the former coach what was happening. But I have spoken to him and he knows my situation. I know he wants to be active and hopefully I will be back in the game before the end of 2006 and with something better to look forward to early next year,” Theobald added. He surely will hope to be in line for selection for the upcoming friendlies particularly the one versus Austria in Vienna on November 15.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 03:38:09 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Theobald talks about trying times.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 04:06:27 PM »
Among the clubs interested in the former Malick Senior Comprehensive player is Champions’ League outfit Austria Salzburg.

If he could obtain a trial and subsequent contract wit Salzburg, dat go be ah boss move. Giovanni Trapattoni and Lothar Matthäus are de coaches there and since Red Bull take dem over, dey spending plenty money on de team.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 04:12:57 PM »
Id be surprised if he gets a contract...I really would...the youth man need to be smarter and his game need to improve as well he is ordinary at best and stop talking he business out in the express

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 04:35:05 PM »
Finally. This makes more sense that what I was hearing before. I hope things work out for him.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 04:47:10 PM »
Id be surprised if he gets a contract...I really would...the youth man need to be smarter and his game need to improve as well he is ordinary at best and stop talking he business out in the express
Why allyuh do give the guy a chance.....Now tell me.
Would you apologise for all these comments if he does get a contract in January??
All the guy doing by talking out in the press(as everyon else has done) is defending himself and men still crying him down.

Big Up Theobald Best of luck in the future  :salute: :salute: :salute: And remember luck does have a lot to do with it.......Just ask Cyd.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 05:20:53 PM »
What influenced my decision at the time too was that the coach said before the World Cup that he didn’t think I would feature in the first team after the World Cup. For me that was a depressing thing to find out especially after the season when I had been trying my best to get into the starting team. I went to the World Cup and fortunately we were in good shape with the preparations and I got some decent playing time. Then to hear that I still may not feature in the Falkirk team was very disappointing.Then after all that, the  manager came and said he thinks I have a big part to play at the club. I didn’t know what to believe at the time,”

Best ah luck denzil
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 05:23:17 PM »
I have been watching Theobald closely and I will continue to observe him. When Beenie was pushng him just before the team selection/player elimination in Trinidad before the World Cup while playing Grenada etc I noticed a talent just waiting to blossom. The man has fabulous ball control and UNDOUBTLY a special gift of passing that ball for that defense splitting pass. He IS a player for the future. He will need good emotional support. He has had it tough and is not spoilt. He WILL succeed. Fellas watch that pass by Theobald that was delivered to Angus Eve who ran down the right in the Oval game against the USA.  Check Goals Galore section under Angus Eve goal. The only thing I haven't seen enough of is how willing and how good is his shot at goals, Right and left. Not sure why I haven't seen him shooting. I wish I had other video to refer to. Densill don't worry breds, pleasing the T&T public is not easy. You will succeed.

Other guaranteed players for the future:

Theobald, Spann, Birchall, Whitley, Baptiste, Edwards,Samuel, Daniel,Tinto,winger JoshJohnson (Midfield)
Scotland, Sealy, Jones, Glen, Sam, Noray   (Strikers)
Atiba, Gray, Julius James, Nigel Henry?   (Defense)
Jack, Warner (Keepers)

Older players with some time or a little time left:

Yorke, Glasgow  (Midfield)
Stern   (striker)
Sancho, Tallest (defense)
Ince, Shaka (Keepers)

Players who I wish I knew more about:

The whole U20 and U16 defense line, Noriege, Nigel Henry  (defense)
Knox, the other dude that was injured playing up front with Knox (striker)
All the junior squad keepers (Keepers)

Great players for whom it is too late:

Dwarika, Latas although he might consent to 1 last hurrah game (midfield)
Rougier, Dog Andrews, Cox (Defense)

Good players who never got a proper break:

Peter Prosper (striker), also too late

Good player who may have been a bit unfortunate and might quit:

Rahim (midfield)

Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 05:30:03 PM »
I am pushing big time for Denzil to right his career.  It will be one of the biggest loss to Trinbago football if a youth man having started in three World Cup football games in 2006 is not a part of the push for 2010 in two years time.  Right the ship Denzil and we behind yuh.  Not playing any football (including the PFL), minus a serious injury, is not good.  It is obvious that Beenie saw something in you, rise up and prove the doubters wrong.

Blessings bro.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 05:40:31 PM »
Nice vibes Lower St. John-near-Exodus-pan-yard. Well said.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 05:46:55 PM »
Denzil is a free agent..there is no transfer window as far as he is concerned. If a European team wanted him they could sign him right now..the same way men like Denilson still in the shopping window and Mallorca now pick up Tristan. There is more to the story than just that. Also, Denzil will ahve zero match fitness by January...but hopefully he will keep up with his overall fitness and technique. But I doubta  serious team will look to pick up a player who has not played competitive football since the summer and is not like Denzil is a run of the mill signing..the man taking up an international spot. Sorry, I not dissinf Denzil. I just saying that story eh sounding right

I also have a hard time believing Latas tell Denzil is a good idea to just ride out on a club he under contract to.

Good luck Denzil..but he need some luck. I hope everything work out well for him. His story eh sounding entirely promising though

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2006, 06:02:21 PM »
I was thinking the same ,some big big club always interested in him lol ,but he say he was on trials so ppl show interest so ah ein't say nothing  ,this guy is a mystery .

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 07:22:02 PM »
 He trying a Spann...Steups...For November 15th I hope Andre Toussaint make the squad...That is all...Let Theobald and them fellas like Rahim and them stay out for the while until they could settle down...I hope Toussaint get his chance yes...Because he has been better than these guys who getting opportunity and wasting it...You kidding me...Mama-guying people with a setta crap...steups...Why he didn't stay Falkirk and wait until late in the year to go home and jump across in Austria...He done get pick over people who better than him...now he playing the A S S

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 07:43:53 PM »
Why allyuh do give the guy a chance.....Now tell me.
Would you apologise for all these comments if he does get a contract in January??
All the guy doing by talking out in the press(as everyon else has done) is defending himself and men still crying him down.

Big Up Theobald Best of luck in the future  :salute: :salute: :salute: And remember luck does have a lot to do with it.......Just ask Cyd.

Rastaman your faith in him is admirable but levels of competition in European clubs, even lower leagues, is high. Bleeder "hear" that he won't get a starting spot in Falkirk this season. He is a free agent and could join a club next week if they wanted him.

The Austrian club is interested, that is all. Just interested. I sure they interested in plenty other players. His lack of playing time, match fitness and inability to secure a visa not doing ANYTHING to spark their interest. Even if he was riding bench at Falkirk at least he'd be training with the team, playing with reserves at least, keeping fit. WOuldn't this be a more appealing Bleeder for Austria Salzberg?

Like lower st. john say, Beenie saw something in you Bleeder so ah wish you all the best. We all want to see you make it, nobody crying yuh down.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2006, 08:09:09 PM »
He trying a Spann...Steups...For November 15th I hope Andre Toussaint make the squad...That is all...Let Theobald and them fellas like Rahim and them stay out for the while until they could settle down...I hope Toussaint get his chance yes...Because he has been better than these guys who getting opportunity and wasting it...You kidding me...Mama-guying people with a setta crap...steups...Why he didn't stay Falkirk and wait until late in the year to go home and jump across in Austria...He done get pick over people who better than him...now he playing the A S S

denzil  and spann is not keeping Toussaint  out the squad they play different positions
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2006, 09:40:57 PM »
Fer real nobody fighting you down ,good  luck........but ,before you take anyother contracts 1 thing ,make sure you really ready to leave trinidad and give up certain things in your life for 2-3 years ok  ,cause you dirtying the waters for others .<wonder if any other trini go play for Flakirk>
  Of course Latas tell you is ok to leave ,that is the best thing lol ,.When he had tell you he put een a word for you ,what you say yes u want to play in the Scottish premaire league .If you don"t really want the job play for calodonia   :beermug:  ;D

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2006, 08:56:31 AM »
I was wondering what was up with Bleeder, because I saw him last night at Larry Gomes and he was in the stands and I say to myself that things real bad with him that he can make Caledonia side now.

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2006, 09:23:17 AM »
Lets hope dat de breddah LEARN someting from dis situation and he goes on de rite path now.

Ah know Beenie see sumtin in de youth and he jus hope an pray dathe realise he true potential !!!

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2006, 09:44:33 AM »
Wim need to take the nationals that home right now and have a session once per week.
He need to say these are your defeciences. Here is a program for you to correct these problems.

Theobald need to get over the bright lights and start putting in some work. AIA, Jabloteh, whoever just get back in the game. Cause what go happen if you ain't get the contract. Look Denilson ain't get sign.
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 02:31:12 PM »
Wim need to take the nationals that home right now and have a session once per week.
He need to say these are your defeciences. Here is a program for you to correct these problems.

Theobald need to get over the bright lights and start putting in some work. AIA, Jabloteh, whoever just get back in the game. Cause what go happen if you ain't get the contract. Look Denilson ain't get sign.

Why doesn't he try the MLS. US right there and I sure one of them teams would pick him up!! C'mon Densil do some leg work too!!!! If Europe not calling on you then try another league and get yourself back in the game.!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006, 06:42:29 PM »

denzil and spann is not keeping Toussaint out the squad they play different positions
The same positions Theobald played during and after World Cup Toussaint can play them and play them better... For the National squad they does rather take an OK player from North and work with him than take an Outstanding player from south....Theobald just waste an opportunity...If he wanted to leave then why not later this year so that the transistion between clubs(if he changing is minimal)...eh? It have players that deserve those opportunities and not getting it..whatever yes

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 07:11:02 PM »

denzil and spann is not keeping Toussaint out the squad they play different positions
The same positions Theobald played during and after World Cup Toussaint can play them and play them better... For the National squad they does rather take an OK player from North and work with him than take an Outstanding player from south....Theobald just waste an opportunity...If he wanted to leave then why not later this year so that the transistion between clubs(if he changing is minimal)...eh? It have players that deserve those opportunities and not getting it..whatever yes

WHA IS IT WITH YOU AND THIS SOUTH THING? wey jones from ,wey samuel from ,wey Lester Peltier from ? wey jerol forbes from wey Javed Mohammed spann eh from south also  :o
  Leo eh know nothing bout north south east west cause used he pic them two brothers  from the country side. Plus toussaint used to play up front for connection i believe and not in midfield.Therefore they had no idea he used to play midfield and in any case if he did play midfield FOR CONNECTION and the coaching  staff saw him they maybe they were not impressed cause they attended alot  local games. In addition to that TOUSSAINT was called with the first batch local PLAyers along wth theo for a camp with leo when he first arrived i believed .

You must be related to toussaint

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2006, 07:15:45 AM »
This is just another case of ego. If Denzil and his handlers knew anything about the business of football he would have stayed at Falkirk and do the necessary, because a man with his abilities would have been given the opportunity to prove himself. I have always said that in football, like the music business "talent is a dime a dozen", and club owners are very aware of this,  very rare would a club stick with a player whose prime concern is his playing time, especially an "unproven" player like Denzil.

Wouldn't it have been better to stay at Falkirk prove your worth in training, and wait your turn, knowing that by playing for a club like Falkirk European eyes will be on you? Instead he back home hoping. Wish him luck though.

I also believe that Russell told him to move on, because he (Russell) knew that if Denzil stayed there may have been some embarrassing moments - remember Russell recommended him - just my take.

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2006, 09:57:11 AM »
i'm sorry but i'll always dog theobald for that move he made leaving falkirk
I know many of his supporters will hate me but he made a foolish move so let him boil in his hotwater

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2006, 02:16:40 PM »
yea, yea, okay everyone makes mistakes.
Densill is standing by his decision, so let us gve him some positive vibes and I hope all goes well for him.
He's seems to be a nice young man... ;D

1]; } ?>