April 29, 2024, 08:34:26 AM

Author Topic: T&T U.S. college players round-up (Sep 11-17, 2006)  (Read 5506 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T U.S. college players round-up (Sep 11-17, 2006)
« on: September 17, 2006, 07:07:15 PM »
September 17, 2006

Robbie Findley continues to rack up the goals
Senior forward Robbie Findley scored a pair of goals less than three minutes apart in the second half to lead the Oregon State men’s soccer team to a 2-0 victory over Drake at the Creighton Diadora Challenge. The goals scored in the 62nd and 64th minutes moved Findley into a tie for third on OSU’s all-time list. He also tied OSU’s career record for game-winning goals with his 10th.

Abiola Clarence gets his season rolling
Abiola Clarence (ex-St. Anthony's College) put the University of the Incarnate Word permanently ahead of the University of Texas Permian Basin when he scored the second goal of the match in the 31st minute. Abiola weaved his way through UTPB's defense and left the goalie for dead before slotting the ball in the back of the net. The final score was 4-1 in the favour of UIW.
September 16, 2006

Logan and Providence find the net
Dean Logan (ex-Princes Town Senior Comprehensive) and Jason Providence (ex-Gasparillo Composite) were amongst the golascorers for the University Mobile as they overcame the College of Notre Dame 5-3.

Dean Logan                               Jason Providence

Stefan St. Louis notches his first of the season
Stefan St. Louis (ex-Fatima College) recorded the first goal of his collegiate career when he slipped the ball past the keeper in the 12th minute to increase Oakland University's lead over Centenary to 3-0. Oakland went on to win the match 4-1.

Gilkes maintains his strike rate
Brandon Gilkes opened the scoring in the 10th minute to set the tone for Plattsburgh State's 2-1 win over Buffalo State.
September 15, 2006

Nkosi Aberdeen's double salvages draw for Canisius
Trailing 3-1 with less than 25 minutes left in the game, Nkosi Aberdeen (ex-Trinity College) scored in the 67th and 89th minutes to help Canisius College earn a 3-3 draw with Robert Morris University. Nkosi's brother Simba (ex-QRC) provided the assist for Canisius' first goal in the 27th minute.

Nkosi                                                     Simba

Jeremy DelPino's lone goal halts Radford's losing streak
Jeremy DelPino's (ex-St. Mary's College) goal in the 29th minute was enough for Radford University to gain victory over Mercer University and thereby halting their two-game losing streak.

Edson Elcock leads ODU past Loyola
Senior forward Edson Elcock scored two goals in less than a minute to power Old Dominion University to a 3-0 win over Loyola. His goals were scored at 34:16 and 35:00.

Robbie Findley trades penalties
Robbie Findley's 56th minute penalty for Oregon State evened the score after an earlier penalty by Creighton University. The two schools ended up battling it out to a 2-2 draw.

Randi Patterson's lone goal in 5-1 thrashing
Randi Patterson's sixth goal of the season brought no consolation to University of North Carolina Greensboro as they were hammered 5-1 by the College of William & Mary. Randi scored in the 73rd minute but it was only academic.

September 14, 2006

Kyle Hall's goal and assist cannot prevent loss
Despite scoring the opening goal in the 11th and assisting on the equalizer in the 89th minute, Kyle Hall's performance did not prevent Syracuse University from being defeated 3-2 by Providence College. Providence got the game-winner in the 90th minute.

Taylor-Phillips nets a scorcher
Chike Taylor-Phillips (ex-QRC) scored a 22 yard volley in the 84th minute to seal a 4-2 win for Cornerstone University over Davenport University.

September 12, 2006

Darryl Roberts becomes Liberty's all-time leading gscorer
With goals in the 31st and 52nd minutes, Darryl Roberts became Liberty University's all-time leading scorer with 90 career points, surpassing the previous record of 89 points held by James Wright (1992-94). Those goals also enabled Liberty to slip by the Virginia Military Institute 3-2.

Kyle Cupid's free kick offers no consolation
Kyle Cupid's (ex-QRC) pinpoint free-kick in the 69th levelled the score at 1-1 between NYIT and St. Thomas Aquinas, but that was all she wrote as the New York Institute of Technology ended up losing 3-1.

September 11, 2006

Khan named WVIAC Player of the Week
SHEPHERDSTOWN, W.Va. -- Freshman forward Gregory Khan (Mt. Pleasant, Tobago/Bertille St. Clair) of the Shepherd University men's soccer team was named WVIAC Men's Soccer Player of the Week for his standout play for the Rams last week. Khan scored the match's only goal in a 1-0 league victory over West Virginia Wesleyan. He also added an assist in a 3-2 loss to Seton Hill.

Kezi Lara named to All-Tournament at Centenary Invitational
Coming off a hat-trick against Centenary College, midfielder Kezi Lara (ex-Naparima College) was named to the Centenary Invitational All-Tournament.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 07:12:56 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
Re: T&T U.S. college players round-up (Sep 11-17, 2006)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 07:27:43 PM »
only preppy skool men get college schols??

d amount a men who shuda get transfer it aint easy

any word on delano pierre??

ex qrc nut sure where he playing

jason trotman

ex tranquility nut sure where he playing either
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 08:19:04 PM »
 findley, patterson and roberts drafted  into the mls.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 05:25:49 AM »
nice roundup tallest, thanks. 
Hart for president

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 06:12:50 AM »

jason trotman

Go to T & T Players Representing U.S. Colleges and you will find a long list of players.

Delano Pierre is at the University of Richmond and Jason Trotman is at St. Francis College.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 10:03:36 AM »
tuff ting to report, buh we suffer ah lot defensively, and since they doh score many goals, how can we get reports on our young defenders ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 10:20:36 AM »
tuff ting to report, buh we suffer ah lot defensively, and since they doh score many goals, how can we get reports on our young defenders ?

Dat same ting cross meh mind. Is ah hard luck ting, unless dey had ah visibly outstanding performance dat was mentioned in de match report.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 10:23:28 AM »
Notice that none of our keepers seem to be making it to the NCAA again.  That is a worrying observation, since if there's one thing the league does is churn out good keepers.   

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 02:10:47 PM »
If we looking for NCAA to develop our players then we're in BIG trouble.

The fact is that the standard of play isn't good and the season is too short which is why the MLS and Nike have come up with Project 40 to develop college players to the standard where they're good enough for pro ball.

I'm happy that these boys are getting an education but don't fool yourself and this is helping local football.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 03:40:39 PM »
It obvious that this league ain't developing them players. We have had so many players goin to US universities. As VH1 says where are they now?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 03:48:34 PM »
It obvious that this league ain't developing them players. We have had so many players goin to US universities. As VH1 says where are they now?

graduating with degrees and making more money in ah job than ah league
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 05:06:01 PM »

thanks for the round up

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 05:58:13 PM »
If we looking for NCAA to develop our players then we're in BIG trouble.

The fact is that the standard of play isn't good and the season is too short which is why the MLS and Nike have come up with Project 40 to develop college players to the standard where they're good enough for pro ball.

I'm happy that these boys are getting an education but don't fool yourself and this is helping local football.

Outside players apart, the league has managed to produce some good goalkeepers:  Hislop, Keller, Friedel, Thornton, Hanneman  (Reading), Meola, Sommer....and the list goes on.  I will say that the league does little for developing players, but it surely does churn out keepers.  With the exception of Meola, all dem men play in Europe at a very high level, and they did so after playing in college.  With keepers it's a bit different, since they often mature mature a little later; there is more developmental room, even at that age.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2006, 08:07:18 PM »

jason trotman

delano pierre(ex QRC striker)  and also kern gardiner(ex Fatima midfielder)

http://richmondspiders.cstv.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/091806aaa.html

jarrod faria (ex QRC defender)  in Canada

http://www.upei.ca/msoccer/html/past_headlines.html

“Matty Thomson played a great game up front, I thought. The new guys at the back, Jarrod Faria and Colby O’Donnell did a good job in protecting our goal and Paul Craig showed that he definitely belongs in this league. UPEI outshot Moncton 13-5 and outchanced them 12-4. Moncton outfouled UPEI 16-13 while the Panthers had the edge in corners, 9-2. Both teams picked up a yellow card. Marchbank was happy with the team’s performance. “I love playing midfield, it’s fast and physical and you’ve really got to be on top of your game,” said Marchbank. “The coaches let me go forward to join in the attack. That’s where I get my chances." UPEI travels to Memorial this coming weekend.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2006, 09:19:49 PM »
I glad they making money and have a degree too. This means that all the fellas who kickin ball at home could see that an education is had and football can be the medium.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 10:44:47 PM »

Might I ask under what grounds would you say that the league is not developing the players? As a father or a well wisher, I will always strongly encourage a young star to persue a scholarship opportunity. It develops character, builds players physicall and mentally, fosters proper morals and opens up so many more opportunities in life than just football. Just to add, the league is structured in a way to develop players. Brent Sancho, Shaka Hislop, Avery John, Brent Rahim (just to name a few have all went through the college systems and were fortunate to get contracts). Some other players are not that fortunate.

As for being a professional....that is not for everybody. Some people make it, some don't (even though some players are clearly better than others). It is all about opportunities and what coaches looks for in a player. At the end of the day, players would have family to take care of and bills to pay. So therefore, if it means that it is taken care of by means through football or just a normal job, then so be it.

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2006, 06:50:44 AM »
Tallman/Kingman,
There is a youth from Tobago and here in FL, Richard Goddard I think his name, he played for the Tobago team in our Zonal tournament a few weeks ago, the kid is pretty good.  I know he had gone off to some school on a schol, but I dont think he is there anymore.
Do either of you have any news on him?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2006, 07:14:54 AM »
Tallman/Kingman,
There is a youth from Tobago and here in FL, Richard Goddard I think his name, he played for the Tobago team in our Zonal tournament a few weeks ago, the kid is pretty good.  I know he had gone off to some school on a schol, but I dont think he is there anymore.

Yuh mean Nicholas Goddard, right? Richard Goddard (also from Tobago, me he know if dey related) plays fuh de Toronto Lynx.

Nicholas was on de roster of Alabama A&M last year, but me eh know where he is now.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2006, 09:43:18 AM »

Might I ask under what grounds would you say that the league is not developing the players? As a father or a well wisher, I will always strongly encourage a young star to persue a scholarship opportunity. It develops character, builds players physicall and mentally, fosters proper morals and opens up so many more opportunities in life than just football. Just to add, the league is structured in a way to develop players. Brent Sancho, Shaka Hislop, Avery John, Brent Rahim (just to name a few have all went through the college systems and were fortunate to get contracts). Some other players are not that fortunate.

As for being a professional....that is not for everybody. Some people make it, some don't (even though some players are clearly better than others). It is all about opportunities and what coaches looks for in a player. At the end of the day, players would have family to take care of and bills to pay. So therefore, if it means that it is taken care of by means through football or just a normal job, then so be it.

Kingman

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Couldn't say it any better.  I played college ball in the US and it did bring up some good opportunities, but in the end you have to think about life.  Sometimes you get the break of a lifetime but more often than not you have to make the hard choice of working a normal 9 - 5.  I thank the big football god that I got a decent education along with some good memories of playing at a high enough level to be satisfied in my football life.  Of course I have doubts about the decisions I made but I look back on it as good times and move on from there.  The good part about this is, I know how to get my kids scholarships to play ball and get a good education along with it.  The next part is up to the football god, once he gives the kids raw athletic talents I can work my magic  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2006, 06:38:27 PM »
As anybody who checks a dictionary would know that a word has many meaning. In this context it is obvious that the development being refered to was football development. After all it is a football site

We all are smart enough to know that professional football eh for every body.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2006, 10:19:19 AM »
Tallman/Kingman,

Yuh mean Nicholas Goddard, right? Richard Goddard (also from Tobago, me he know if dey related) plays fuh de Toronto Lynx.

Nicholas was on de roster of Alabama A&M last year, but me eh know where he is now.

I made a call, turns it out it is Nicholas Goddard, he is back in FL, he went to school and had 'problems' with the coach, and left school. 
So now he sweating in a local FL park.
Not sure if you agree but he looked pretty good out there, a waste not to be in a school playing college ball.

1]; } ?>