April 25, 2024, 02:11:36 AM

Author Topic: taxi driver convos?  (Read 2253 times)

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
taxi driver convos?
« on: September 19, 2006, 06:23:24 PM »
wat is d wierdest convo allyuh ever had in a taxi??

some a dem drivers does be real tusty to talk even if a man jus noddin he hed an aint paying them no mind

d otdder day i in a fonr seat d man playing dutty wine hard so i ask him if he doh mine turini  it as is me an he alone in d ride and dat is a skettel tune

he turn it then proceed to tell i man how he had kiss a man a time whjen he was real drunk but he hav a chile an ting and is d fellar who did rush him and he had him suspect from long time and he beat d man real bad when he get back sober cuz he doh deal in batty man ting

i came out a d car on dat note on d for shore eh but wat i wa kno is wat make dem men feel dey cud tell ppl any ting soo?
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline ndookie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: taxi driver convos?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 06:59:16 PM »
for all he know you coulda be the man who kiss him boyfriend ...

now that woulda be presha..

that is why I don't travel too often in taxi's..sometimes i wish i did though..
Glory Glory Man Utd !

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 07:03:22 PM »
ah man in bago tell me de obeahman tell him bunji was goin and win soca monarch last year and he goin every carnival in de world also :rotfl: :rotfl: i aint see him in new york ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 07:21:41 PM »
Taxi Driver and Barbers are some of the best philosophers/social commentators in the world. Plenty of them does be real jones too.

But in response to your question

I sat in the front seat of Maxi one morning on the way to class. Coming past the Macoya intersection on the bus route I Maxi pull out out from the shoulder with the words "Seek God First" printed on the back glass.

The Driver point at the glass and say "Yuh see dat, always remember that. It have a God. You doesn't know what going on in the world, but always remember God" he say.

I wanted to know what he was trying to get at.

He continued "Always listen to the voice of God. This morning for some reason I decide to swing back on the highway, I doh usually do that. Ah end up reaching St Helena and I see this Lady walking so I stop for her. She Tell meh she din have no money. Ah say daz alright because I was going back on the bus route any way. I get to talking to the Lady and she tell me she have 3 children and the husband say he have no money. She went in the husband pocket and seeing one setta blue note and 20 dollars and still he don't want to give her"

Juss so the man start to break down.

" Man I telling she telling me this story and ah real feel it, that real hurt me to find out that it have wicked man so." he sobbed

I answered "It have wicked man so !" 

"Ah drop she by Arouca and give she 20 dollars. If I didn't listen to God there that lady woulda be walking all now. The Spirit of the Lord lead off my route for me to do that," he continued.

Tears running down the man eyes. I didn't kown what to say. Keep in mind he driving the Maxi all this time. People pressing the bell,he giving change an stil crying. When I come out all I could say have a good day Sir.That was wierdest one. He just had to tell somebody that. I guess it didn't make sense for me to respond, he just needed to say that.

I ride with a few very bright taxi drivers too. They english ain't top class but is level logic, political commentary and Trinidadian philisophy they hiiting yuh.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 07:32:20 PM »
worst ting to do at all is talk any kind a sport wit a taxi man

dem kno all foootball basketball cricket even levl base ball dem hittin yuh
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 07:50:14 PM »
i had a barber named gus...aka disco frog...aka alligator...he went up on scouting for talent couple times back in the day beatboxing the theme from i dream of jeanie (think it was that, not too sure)  he had some good ideas as well, he used to say how Rastafari was Jah Rasta for I, he was not the brightest (he dint know what TB meant and one time i had to blurt out what it meant otherwise he would have looked real silly).  he used to tell me how long time his brother used to beat him up but when after he learned to box (he was an amateur pugilist as well) his brother couldnt handle him.  a day he bawl how a man get him vex and he jump in a north south taxi, pay for the whole front seat and went by a spring to bathe.

anybody know what happen to gus??   calling all southmen

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 09:32:32 PM »
kixiest convo i had was a goin from claxton bay to sando and by tropical plaza (pointe a pierre) we stop and pick up dis baddess looking woman...well she say she dropping off de back of marabella and have a jamaican accent.... so my mind dun start to tink of de only place in de back of marabella dat this woman cud be goin...and she only cussing bout how the manager have her wukking too hard but the paper nice blah blah blah...and de taxi man well talkin yes girl i kno how it is....and i waan dead cuz he eh realize where she wukking...well if yuh see he face wen she make him turn in de back by villa and den in front villa she say yeah is rite here i wukking....de man mouth drop....ress of de drive to sando all he sayin is how he cant believe dat is where she wukking....i cudnt stop laffin yes
Back in Trini...

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 10:18:24 PM »
kixiest convo i had was a goin from claxton bay to sando and by tropical plaza (pointe a pierre) we stop and pick up dis baddess looking woman...well she say she dropping off de back of marabella and have a jamaican accent.... so my mind dun start to tink of de only place in de back of marabella dat this woman cud be goin...and she only cussing bout how the manager have her wukking too hard but the paper nice blah blah blah...and de taxi man well talkin yes girl i kno how it is....and i waan dead cuz he eh realize where she wukking...well if yuh see he face wen she make him turn in de back by villa and den in front villa she say yeah is rite here i wukking....de man mouth drop....ress of de drive to sando all he sayin is how he cant believe dat is where she wukking....i cudnt stop laffin yes

whereeeee dat place is ??? :devil:

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 05:42:17 AM »
de one and only Villa capri....
Back in Trini...

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile