April 27, 2024, 01:55:21 AM

Author Topic: I think we are in a better position than we were before to qualify for 2010  (Read 2918 times)

TrinInfinite

When we qualified for 2006, our team was in shambles for the first half, we changed coach, changed players, changed many things. We were on the verge of being eliminated, with many do or die matches. This time around we are confident, we are at least playing warm -ups 4 years prior to the next tournament, we are investing some time and money in our youth football. People are on a football high still from the World Cup, we realize as a people we could make it and stand our own. I think our chances are much better this time around than last time. We will be much more prepared and our players both new and old would be gunning for another chance at the world stage. I think after the mourning of our nation's football for many years, we are slowly climbing out of that hole, it will take time but we are definately starting our prep much better than we did before, in terms of coaching and experience. The only thing that stands in our way are ourselves, if they put their mind to it our footballers can do anything.

God is de BOSS...

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: I think we are in a better position than we were before to qualify for 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 03:42:57 PM »
True I. . .Good vibes as usual, TI
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 04:23:54 PM »
TI yuh made some good points.  My only concern is the lack of young big time talent on the horizon.  I am not aware of a whole lot of young talent on the fringe of making the team playing regular football on a high level.  That is one major difference to the 2006 Campaign.  The deficiency in the coaching staff, unsettled team and playing do or die matches were overcome by the talent level in the team.  Where are the next Yorke, Latas, Stern, Shaka, Dog, and Lawrence?  Those were key players both on and off the field and brought a wealth of club and international experience.  (Hence being the oldest team at the World Cup.)  I don't expect for most if any of them to be a part of the 2010 campaign.

Hopefully with Birchall, Spann, Glenn, Jack, Scotland, Edwards and Denzil having an additional four years of experience under their belts, they can lead the next crop of players.  But there is no standout or regular big league (English Premier or any other league on that level) player in the group.  It will not be easy.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 05:03:32 PM »
Good post boss.  :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 12:19:50 AM »
good point there T.I..
but we still in 2006...have real time til 2010..hope the work keeps up...and STEPS up...das d main ting..cah stay at this level right thru

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 02:37:23 PM »
What Shit are you talking.

In 2002 We had warm ups and preparations

We have them all the times.

Time will tell if we perform better or not.

The biggest thing now is that we have qualified before so the mental block is gone.

The bad part is most the key players will be gone for the next rounds so we will need to get some players coming through the pipeline

The keys for TnT making a next world cup in 2010 is

1) Which group we get into prior to the Hex. his is the tough part of concacaf
2) How many new Players we get coming through the pipeline to replace the older players
We need a whole new Back line and a new Strike force (Stern will be too old to lead the front line)
3) Wims ability to keep the team on track, Remember he is an unproven manager. Working under Bennie man is one thing Working on your own is another.
We already lost against japan and his reaction was to cancel 2 games because he does not think the locals are ready so time will tell if he can handle the pressure and he the TTFF can keep the faith in him through tough times.

Whether you want to admit it or not, we are rebuilding a team which usually means plenty cut arse but hopefulle we can get things in place quickly

Perform good in the digicell and then have a strong gold cup.

I expect that for the next 2 years foreign based will be scarce, as they have always been during these non World Cup years so it will be a good time to see who the next generation of players can be.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 07:07:19 PM »
What Shit are you talking.

In 2002 We had warm ups and preparations

We have them all the times.

Time will tell if we perform better or not.

The biggest thing now is that we have qualified before so the mental block is gone.

The bad part is most the key players will be gone for the next rounds so we will need to get some players coming through the pipeline

The keys for TnT making a next world cup in 2010 is

1) Which group we get into prior to the Hex. his is the tough part of concacaf
2) How many new Players we get coming through the pipeline to replace the older players
We need a whole new Back line and a new Strike force (Stern will be too old to lead the front line)
3) Wims ability to keep the team on track, Remember he is an unproven manager. Working under Bennie man is one thing Working on your own is another.
We already lost against japan and his reaction was to cancel 2 games because he does not think the locals are ready so time will tell if he can handle the pressure and he the TTFF can keep the faith in him through tough times.

Whether you want to admit it or not, we are rebuilding a team which usually means plenty cut arse but hopefulle we can get things in place quickly

Perform good in the digicell and then have a strong gold cup.

I expect that for the next 2 years foreign based will be scarce, as they have always been during these non World Cup years so it will be a good time to see who the next generation of players can be.

yea we had warm-ups, but how many, please state all of them for me and also state how much football we youths was playing under an intl coach? schupssssss who really talkin shit, the only tour i recall was africa padnah..

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 07:18:28 PM »
yea we had warm-ups, but how many, please state all of them for me and also state how much football we youths was playing under an intl coach? schupssssss who really talkin shit, the only tour i recall was africa padnah..

this is kinda comical..you bussin on a man yet you can't even provide the facts. If you going to counter another man's point, don't ask him for the facts..you supposed to be providing them  :-X

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 09:08:40 PM »
jack gone????????

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 08:14:03 AM »
good point there T.I..
but we still in 2006...have real time til 2010..hope the work keeps up...and STEPS up...das d main ting..cah stay at this level right thru
No we don't, have real time to 2010 that is. And we can't think that way. We have a bit of a break so that gives the manager time to check out and develop new talent. However, I believe qualifications for the 2010 World Cup begins in 2008. So we only have 2 years. And that is not a lot of time.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 07:31:11 AM »
jack gone????????

Good point since nothing happens without his permission. As far as i know he still owns the TTFF hook, line and sinker.
Also on the topic...... is it only our preparation that matters in determining whether we are in a better position than before ?? Dont we have to look at what the opposition is doing ? We are sounding like the typical t&T football coach...we ready! we train hard, practice hard, the boys are very confident..... What do you know of the opposition ???....we doh have to know about dem ...deh have to know about we !
It seems nothing has changed ...

1]; } ?>