April 25, 2024, 01:47:25 PM

Author Topic: Jamaal Shabazz Thread  (Read 59353 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Jamaal Shabazz Thread
« on: September 20, 2006, 05:15:08 PM »
T&T COACH WANTS TO GUIDE GUYANA TO DIGICEL FINALS  
By: Shaun Fuentes

19 Sep 2006

Trinidadian coach Jamaal Shabazz has expressed some degree of satisfaction on his first stint as coach of the Guyana Senior team. But so much is his hunger for further success, he has called on officials of the Guyana Football Association to cancel plans for a motorcade to celebrate their qualification for the Second Round of the Digicel Caribbean Cup.
Shabazz led Guyana to impressive 5-0 wins over Suriname and Netherlands Antilles as well as a 2-0 shut out of Group A favourites Grenada in the preliminary group phase earlier this month. They will now move on to the second round scheduled for November in which they will contest for a place in the eight-team Finals in Trinidad and Tobago in January 2007.
Shabazz vacated his position as head coach of the T&T’s Women’s team to take up the post in Guyana and has credited his success to some of the knowledge gained at the coaching courses held at the CONCACAF Centre of Excellence, Macoya.
“ So far the experience has been challenging as it has been rewarding to me. After 27 years working in Morvant/ Caledonia and eight years with the national women's team I have learnt to make full use of very little when it comes to resources. My motto has always been good attitude is better than resources. However neither can really compare with the Guyana situation in terms of lack of resources,” Shabazz told TTFF Media on Tuesday. “But what we have is plenty talent, a deep desire by the players, the staff and even the administrators to achieve something at Caribbean and even Concacaf level.”
The former Joe Public coach added that the Guyanese public is buzzing with excitement after their three wins and they hope to be granted the rights to host their second round matches.
“The win against Suriname was the first over them in 10 years for Guyana and it was the first time that Guyana won any group in CFU. The country is buzzing with excitement and praying that CFU grants them the rights to hosts the next leg.”
He complimented their eight players who have been attached the clubs in the T&T Pro League.
“To simply say the players, staff and administrators are an eager bunch is an understatement. The players have allowed me to push them and have been very professional and disciplined in their approach. The fact that nine of them play in the Pro League has helped a great deal. It is safe to say that more than any other team that I have
worked with I can see them attempt to play how I learnt it with a disciplined but with creativity and enjoyment,” Shabazz noted.
Next up, Guyana’s aim is to book their trip to T&T in early 2007.
”Some officials wanted to have a motorcade and celebrate but I was not in agreement and it was abandoned because we have just only crossed the first hurdle. When I took up the challenge it was to take the football of Guyana to the next level. So the next step is to qualify for the Digicel Finals to be held in Trinidad in February next year. And after that to qualify for the CONCACAF Gold Cup. Ambitious as it sounds Allah knows it is attainable. But I know the importance of being appreciating your success but keeping it real.”
Shabazz hopes his bit of success can say something for local coaches and the productivity of the courses which take place at the CONCACAF Centre of Excellence.
“My achievement thus far is a statement for the local coaching fraternity for the work of the CONCACAF Centre of Excellence development center. I am a product of all those courses initiated by Mr. Warner and organized by Richard Braithwaite at the Centre of Excellence. I am a product of people like Alvin Corneal, Jimmy Blanc and even Bertille St. Clair. Any iota of success I get in this job is for all of us locally whose lives are driven by the passion for the game.”
The past Women’s Team coach says his heart remains with T&T but he is now enjoying the chance of offering his expertise outside of his homeland.
“he Guyana Federation wants me on a permanent basis and it is an opportunity for me to grow and my exit from the Women’s Team is an opportunity for people like Marlon Charles and Izler Browne to grow. But my first love is to work for and within my country. But I get the sense sometimes that I am taken for granted and what I can bring to the table is not fully appreciated. Off course I know I have US visa issues because of 1990 but I know in my heart all these matters could be resolved if the will to resolve them is there. I intend to keep achieving on and off the pitch until my own people see the need to help remove those barriers..
“So far Mr Warner and the TTFF have allowed me the time to work with the Guyana Federation but we will have to sit down and see what they the TTFF require of me if any role in their future plans. I am all for the struggle at home but like Che Guevara who was born in Bolivia and led the revolution in Cuba. It is not where you struggle
But rather what you are striving for,” Shabazz concluded.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 05:24:08 AM by Tallman »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: SHABAZZ WANTS TO GUIDE GUYANA TO DIGICEL FINALS
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 05:16:13 PM »
Good Luck Guyana

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 06:02:37 PM »
hopefully we beat allyuh in the finals

big up to shabazz and movant cali area
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 06:16:24 PM »
Congrats to Mr. Shabazz. Good he has this oppurtunity to really demonstrate his knowledge of the game.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 06:45:42 PM »
Big up to Shabazz,this just only goes to show what local Coaches can do if given the chance,i like how he talk up the Pro League and local Coaches,it's very helpfull to Guyanese players,it raising the standard of their players but to us Trinis it's a shit league.It's amazing there was a Post the other day about no local Coaches ever coached a foreign national team since then i see we got two,SH and now Shabazz,SH got a lot of props for doing so but the local boy at home you hardly here much about him,but say what once you local as Shabazz say you will always be taken for granted.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 07:05:31 PM »
Off course I know I have US visa issues because of 1990 but I know in my heart all these matters could be resolved if the will to resolve them is there. I intend to keep achieving on and off the pitch until my own people see the need to help remove those barriers..

What!!! they aint have no big up or no forgiveness for this terrorist..You think you could launcha coup and just return to regular life...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 07:07:16 PM by duscam »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 09:19:05 PM »
Big up to Shabazz,this just only goes to show what local Coaches can do if given the chance,i like how he talk up the Pro League and local Coaches,it's very helpfull to Guyanese players,it raising the standard of their players but to us Trinis it's a shit league.It's amazing there was a Post the other day about no local Coaches ever coached a foreign national team since then i see we got two,SH and now Shabazz,SH got a lot of props for doing so but the local boy at home you hardly here much about him,but say what once you local as Shabazz say you will always be taken for granted.

well SH lived in Canada since the early 80S You can only mention BSC :'( and now shabazz best of luck to him. IS Guyana yuh talk about co-op their sport is cricket
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 09:21:21 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 09:24:52 PM »

”Some officials wanted to have a motorcade and celebrate but I was not in agreement and it was abandoned because we have just only crossed the first hurdle.

A motorcade 5-0 wins fuh beating  Suriname and Netherlands Antilles imagine if they make it to south Africa it will be a month holiday
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 11:02:27 PM »
Well said duscam.......

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 04:45:25 AM »

”Some officials wanted to have a motorcade and celebrate but I was not in agreement and it was abandoned because we have just only crossed the first hurdle.

A motorcade 5-0 wins fuh beating  Suriname and Netherlands Antilles imagine if they make it to south Africa it will be a month holiday

More Guyanese Gold Teeth and Chains? For Free?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 05:49:45 AM »
Crewe trial tall keeper
By Simon Fudge (SkySports)

Crewe Alexandra boss Dario Gradi has handed a trial to goalkeeper Jason Lloyd.

The 25-year-old appeared in Crewe's reserve side that faced Stoke City reserves on Wednesday afternoon.

The custodian stands six foot, nine inches tall and is the son of former West Indies cricketer Clive Lloyd.

Lloyd currently plays his football locally in the Stockport area, and has experience of playing professional basketball at one time.

The keeper will hope to make the transition to professional football by impressing The Railwaymen during his run-out at Gresty Road.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 06:07:58 AM »
Crewe trial tall keeper
By Simon Fudge (SkySports)

Crewe Alexandra boss Dario Gradi has handed a trial to goalkeeper Jason Lloyd.

The 25-year-old appeared in Crewe's reserve side that faced Stoke City reserves on Wednesday afternoon.

The custodian stands six foot, nine inches tall and is the son of former West Indies cricketer Clive Lloyd.

Lloyd currently plays his football locally in the Stockport area, and has experience of playing professional basketball at one time.

The keeper will hope to make the transition to professional football by impressing The Railwaymen during his run-out at Gresty Road.

Good Luck To Him, Guyana already got a New goalkeeper for the WC Quals (If he wants to play for them)

Seems he wanted to be a cricketer like his father at first
http://www.stockportexpress.co.uk/news/s/8/8470_cricket_legends_son_to_sue_over_mmr_injection.html
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 06:11:29 AM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 07:16:07 AM »
shabazz should be locked up and key should have been  toss long time ago..de man a bloodclaut criminal !!!!!!!!!!!!
war....
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 07:48:17 AM »
My question is why Anton Corneal doh follow suit and cut his teeth by training a "smaller" National team?  You have to creep before you could walk.

This experience will be real good for Shabazz.  He will grow by leaps and bounds as a coach.  Too bad his last name isn't Corneal, he might have received much more opportunity on the big stage.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 11:47:12 AM »
this will not happen.no final. :devil:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 03:10:55 PM »
all yuh fellas go laugh at me here but check this.. Guyana honestly could be power house in football. Guyana have millions of fareign born all over Euroupe and The United States. With shabazz running the show there I gurantee yu will see X amount of fareign born playing wid Guyana team soon. Guyana have a larger pool of players than Trindad trus mi. Anyway mi go I does buck up a Guyaneese.. Them Guyaneese dem does move like Mexicans,  dem dey all over de place..
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006, 04:53:21 PM »
yeah we laughing :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006, 05:35:39 PM »
all yuh fellas go laugh at me here but check this.. Guyana honestly could be power house in football. Guyana have millions of fareign born all over Euroupe and The United States. With shabazz running the show there I gurantee yu will see X amount of fareign born playing wid Guyana team soon. Guyana have a larger pool of players than Trindad trus mi. Anyway mi go I does buck up a Guyaneese.. Them Guyaneese dem does move like Mexicans,  dem dey all over de place..
war

I would like to see them do well now, just to see who pop out especially in England.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
Golden Jaguars and Coach Shabazz are winners in their own way
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2007, 08:57:21 AM »
Golden Jaguars and Coach Shabazz are winners in their own way!

27-Jan-2007

President of the GFF, Colin Klass stated at the press briefing yesterday that currently there is communication between the association and agents in Europe for players from Guyana.

"They are communicating with the GFF from agents that requested diskettes with players. I know for sure that the information is currently roaming London," Klass said, adding that about seven Guyanese players are under the international microscope.

Shabazz confirmed that agents in the twin-island republic were watching players from the 'Golden Jaguars'. He said that clubs and agents have approached players and the coaching staff for several tapes.

"Agents in Scotland have approached us for tapes of Nigel Codrington, agents from Ireland have asked us about Howard Lowe, Trinidad's Joe Public is interested in Gregory Richardson and they are many more openings for players," Shabazz said.

Meanwhile, Los Angeles Galaxy - the team that signed England's David Beckham on a US$250M five-year deal a few weeks ago has apparently expressed an interest in Miami-based defender, John Rodrigues.

Shabazz said that an agent also approached Shawn Beveney. He indicated that Guyana would be in a better competitive position if those players were given contracts in Europe and in top clubs right here in the region.

"All these things will help us as we prepare for the Olympics and World Cup qualifiers," Shabazz hinted, while stating that local football coach Wayne 'Wiggy' Dover could become a fulltime professional coach with a Trinidadian team.

According to Klass, the 'Golden Jaguars' will try to play some of the teams that have already qualified for the Gold Cup. El Salvador and Canada were two of the teams named by the GFF boss as likely contenders against the 'Jaguars' in the near future.

Shabazz and the GFF

A slight cloud had come over an otherwise sunny relationship between the GFF and Shabazz in light of payments for the technical director.

Klass put that cloud away in a whirlwind yesterday when he stated that the GFF would retain Shabazz. Klass said that Shabazz is GFF's responsibility and everything revolves around him in terms of the 'Jaguars'.

"Somehow we have been blessed with the presence of Shabazz and as it stands now everything revolves around him," Klass said, adding that his discretion with disclosing the amount that Shabaazz will be paid is deliberate.

"It will be our responsibility to ensure that we pick him (Shabazz) up and move forward," Klass said. The GFF chief executive indicated that the decision to have Shabazz continue with the team was made along with Austin 'Jack' Warner of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association.

"We spoke with Warner, who decided to continue to allow Shabaaz to work with the team - it started out as a voluntary work but that will have to change," Klass told the media at the press conference.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Jaguars and Coach Shabazz are winners in their own way
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2007, 09:24:29 AM »
Gwarn Guyana

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Jaguars and Coach Shabazz are winners in their own way
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2007, 10:26:24 AM »
Golden Jaguars and Coach Shabazz are winners in their own way!

27-Jan-2007

"They are communicating with the GFF from agents that requested diskettes with players. I know for sure that the information is currently roaming London," Klass said, adding that about seven Guyanese players are under the international microscope.

Diskettes, eh...  :rotfl:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamaal Shabazz raps with media on return visit to Guyana
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2010, 10:28:33 AM »
Jamaal Shabazz raps with media on return visit to Guyana
By Franklin Wilson (Kaieteur News)

Former Technical Director (TD) of the Guyana Football Federation (GFF), Trinidadian Jamaal Shabazz is on a brief visit to Guyana to be part of the festivities for the opening of the 21st Kashif & Shanghai Football Tournament today.

Shabazz, who is a very close friend and brother of the Kashif & Shanghai Organisation took time out to chat with members of the media on a range of issues relating to Guyana’s football and his future in the Technical arena of the sport.

Currently he is contracted by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) as the head of female department.

Shabazz commented on being back in Guyana after more than two years following his resignation as TD at the end of Guyana’s sojourn in the 2008 Digicel Caribbean Cup when Guyana failed to go past the second round which was hosted in Trinidad and Tobago.

“I did tell myself that I would have never come back to Guyana but you know people change their minds, situations change and I am happy to be back and see so many familiar faces, a lot of people who I made friends with, a lot of people I rubbed the wrong way in terms of controversy but all in all it’s a nice feeling to be in a country that was my home for three years; a country that I hold very dear to my heart.”

Quizzed on if he has any plans to return as a Coach in Guyana, Shabazz had this to say: “I don’t see that being possible right now, to work as a coach in Guyana but my heart will always be dear to the Guyana people and the Guyanese team. As you know I see myself as Guyanese and in any way that I’ll be able to help I will help.”

Shabazz stated that he is of the view that Guyana has many capable coaches in the likes of Wayne Dover and the emerging Collie Hercules.
“Also, in terms of technical development you have Lyndon France. The football is in solid hands; the challenge for Guyana is getting it all together. I thing in Caribbean society we grow up seeing batman solve the problem, superman solve the problem, Spiderman solve the problem. In Caribbean society we have not grown up seeing a collective approach to solving the problem so we have the K&S group and people in the other side of the football fraternity will fight that. And then we have the GFF and Odinga doing his thing so it’s just the need for people to see the role that football plays in the life of Guyanese and Caribbean people.”

The former GFF TD suggested that the K&S tournament excites the nation and it’s a remarkable achievement.

“How could people be divided in a situation where it’s an opportunity for people to come together? When you at the start of the tournament the stadium is full, when you look at the end of the tournament the stadium is full so a tournament like this that could excite the people to come together, people divided over that? It’s crazy.”

The versatile Shabazz pointed out that he owes a great debt to the K&S organisation since they were the ones who actually brought him to Guyana pointing out that ever since they met many, many years ago, they’ve lived like brothers.

“I am closer to K&S than even my own family in Trinidad and Tobago. The relationship that we share is very sincere and very deep. When you look at how the tournament has evolved over the last 21 years, it is very remarkable because right now as I speak there are people in T&T preparing to come to spend New Year’s Day here because of this tournament. It has become not only a great event in Guyana but a great event in the Caribbean. It has solidified and cemented a place in the Caribbean sporting and social calendar and I think that deserves tremendous accolades and respect.”

Shabazz recalled that last year when the K&S Organisation brought King Pele for the opening, it made Caribbean and International news noting that it was discussed on the blocks in the Twin Island Republic.

“I think if you can get that kind of recognition in the outer Caribbean, I think the least the people can do in your own country is say, yea, the brothers are doing something positive and join with that.”

As Muslims, Shabazz noted that God has told them to join what is good and to forbid what is wrong, pointing out that if somebody is doing something good you are obligated to helping them rather than fighting them down.

“This concept should ensure that the different arms of football and sport in Guyana come together with the K&S and make the tournament a continued success.”

Experience in Guyana
Shabazz stated that the experience he gathered while working in Guyana enhanced his ability to deal with people noting that he met a little bit of all kinds of people.

“I met genuine brothers like K&S, Frank Parris, Wayne Dover, Kavin Pearce, some brothers who are closer to me today than mu own family, than my own brother and I say this in all sincerity. In the Caribbean we have lost a lot of sincerity on the streets and this is causing all the violence.

But I also met a lot of people who you know could make life very difficult and make a lot of problems and one of the challenges that I found in Guyana was trying to work with the different stakeholders in football and keeping a relationship with all of them although they were very divided.

Trying to stay focused on carrying the national team forward, so I think I learned a lot in that regard. Also being able to do a lot with very little, the GFF does not have a huge amount of resources but we were able during that three year to rise, to get respect in Caribbean football again and it was a good experience for me. It made me better equipped to deal with the challenges that I’ve had to deal with in my life after.

When I came to Guyana there was a lot of political problems, a lot of violence; observing it and being part of the whole landscape was really a great experience for me.”

Appreciation game for Charles Pollard and Collie Hercules
Shabazz took the opportunity to share his views on the initiative of the K&S Organisation to honour these two players for their commitment to Guyana’s football pointing out that these little gestures go a long way.

He stated that one of the reasons that made him felt like never coming back to Guyana was the fact that persons do not appreciate efforts to bring Guyanese together.

“Forget football, football is just the instrument, we have to live with each other and we come to the stadium for the opening and closing of the tournament and then we leave and have problems but during the game the people are together all in one place and this is the power of football.”

Recognising Pollard and Hercules he said is a wonderful thing. “These two players have not only contributed to Guyana football, they’ve contributed to Trinidad and Tobago and Caribbean football. They are two huge, huge players.

I think they have accomplished something in T&T football. Charles Pollard has captained every team he has played for in T&T and of the ten professional teams he has played for eight. He’s captained some big club’s; Joe Public, W Connection, Caledonia AIA, San Juan Jabloteh, North East Stars among others. When they came to T&T little was known of them so they have accomplished something and to see that K&S sees it fit to honour them is great and this would go a long way for the future generation of players to know that at least somebody can recognise your efforts.”

He noted that playing for the National team of Guyana takes a lot of sacrifice and he would like to see this kind of recognition continues in the future and includes officials also.

“Not only the K&S must show appreciation, the GFF, the Government of Guyana which must see the opportunity for integration.  This is a situation to show the integration because you see it at K&S, Kashif is one race and Shanghai is next race, what a symbol for Guyana and for the future.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shabazz’ New Year’s message to Guyana’s Footballers
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 04:41:01 PM »
Shabazz’ New Year’s message to Guyana’s Footballers
Kaieteur News

“The new Generation of Guyana players must come out from under the comfort of their mother’s bossom and go out into the football world and shape their fortunes.” This is the advice of Former Guyana Technical Director Jamaal Shabazz in an invitation from Kaieteur Sport to give a New Year’s message to the footballers of this country.

Shabazz stated that  Guyana’s football owes a great debt to players like Andre Trotz, Charles Pollard, Collie Hercules, Randolph Jerome, Carey Harris, Kayode Mc Kinnon, Richard Reynolds and Nigel Codrington just to name a few.

“They took the baton passed on from  the generation of Gordon Brathwaithe, Terrence Archer and company, journeyed to Trinidad literally struggled to become professionals, sucked salt and today they have paved the way for professionalism in the game.”

“They knew that if they just sat down here in Guyana and cursed the GFF like so many others are doing they would achieve nothing. I remember when Pollard and company worked for US $50.00 a month in Trinidad, now guys like him and Walter Moore are among the highest paid in the TT Pro league, added Shabazz.

“Some of these players have returned to Guyana and built houses, opened business places and put vehicles on the road from the monies they have earned as professionals in Trinidad.

“Fifteen years ago who would have thought that a Guyana player could achieve that by playing in a league in Trinidad, questioned Shabazz who now works with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation.

Touching on the issue of US travel, Shabazz said these players have removed the stigma that plagued Guyana’s football for years when it comes to the United States Embassy.

“They all have US visas they travel back and forth the Embassy knows these guys do not need to hide in America since they have jobs to come back to. There is no longer this great anxiety on the part of the US Embassy to grant a US visa to a player playing professionally.

“Then you have players like Gregory Richardson who has used T&T as a stepping stone to bigger and better things.”

Shabazz revealed that the success of his work during his three year tenure in Guyana had a lot to do with the professionalism of the players. “It was easy to work with them because they are professionals”.

“Jackie Chan, Codrington a couple of them like to fun around but when it came to the job these guys are professionals. I have the greatest love and respect for the Guyana players.

And admitted a special liking for Alpha and former national midfielder Shawn Bishop.

“I think Shawn Bishop is a special talent he is my favorite player in the Caribbean it is a pity that he has not gone further in his football career. But I think he has a good enough football brain to become a top class coach and I advised Coach Dover to take him under his wing.”

However Shabazz feels that future Guyana coaches will not have it easy when the old guard of players leave the international scene.

“The generation of Pollard, Hercules and company is at the evening of their career, there can be no turning back of the clock. But their experience of 16 years playing professionally will be a huge loss and unless the younger generation is exposed at markets in the Caribbean and North America, the program will recede.

“The Kashif and Shanghai Organisation played an important role in getting these players to Trinidad, now it must be a definte strategy on the part of the Guyana Football Federation to get these players into professional markets.

“But too many of the young players want to make what Gregory ‘Jackie Chan’ Richardson is making or what Pollard is making without putting in the work, stated Shabazz.

Citing players like Dwight Peters, Philbert Moffatt, Dwain Jacobs, Ronson Williams and Clive Nobrega as good talents, Shabazz had some fatherly advice for them.

“Sons of Guyana you now need to grow up. Go out into the football world and become men. Work hard and when your opportunity comes take it.

The perfect salary, the perfect situation does not drop from the sky it is created by hard work. Luck is often confused for preparation married to opportunity, ended Shabazz

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shabazz’ New Year’s message to Guyana’s Footballers
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2010, 04:42:19 PM »
Like Shabazz is Guyana's Leo Beenhakker

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2010, 04:59:00 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Hard work is the key to success

Offline Guyanese-Baller

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2011, 06:15:46 PM »
Guyana's 'Football Godfather'..... and an excellent one too!
Truthful and sincere words of wisdom to the next generation. These days when its all about a big fight-down, we don't hear enough encouragement like that.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2011, 07:15:56 PM »
The perfect salary, the perfect situation does not drop from the sky it is created by hard work. Luck is often confused for preparation married to opportunity, ended Shabazz.

Words of Wisdom, sah. And some words of reality. And hope you don't have a bloodsucker like jack running your football!!!!!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Shabazz steps down as woman head coach.
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2011, 06:24:20 AM »
Shabazz steps down as head coach.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Assistant director of women’s football Jamaal Shabazz has stepped down as head coach of the T&T senior women’s national team.

Shabazz has been head coach of the T&T women’s programme since 1998 and was responsible for sending some 25 female players on football scholarships in the United States; along with helping to chart the careers of stand out players Maylee Attin-Johnson, Tasha St Louis, Kennya Cordner (YaYa) and several others.

Shabazz stated: “The time is ripe for me to make way for a new coach who can come in with fresh ideas and run another leg of the race. The players who make up the senior team now were under me since 2000 and we have seen them grow from girls into young women.

“From secondary school students, I have seen them graduate from university and ready to take up positions in society.

This transition in their lives was of great importance to us, he added. “The time has come for them to hear a new voice on the football field.

Life is not about holding on to a position forever, it is also about seeking out new challenges and making room for others to rise and make their contributions.”

Shabazz who serves in several capacities in the T&T Football Federation (TTFF) including coordinator of the TTFF Coach Education Programme is also head coach of Caledonia AIA of the T&T Pro League. However he will not totally leave the women’s game.

“I will help with the Under-20 women’s team and the regional centres for development programme that the TTFF has set up.

I will also continue to be the biggest fan of the senior women’s team because football has made a special connection in our lives.

Under Shabazz and his longstanding assistant Marlon Charles, T&T has consistently the dominant women’s team in the Caribbean and established themselves as the fourth best team in Concacaf behind USA, Canada and Mexico.

Last year Shabazz guided the senior women to a silver medal in the Central American and Caribbean (CAC) Games and qualified this country’s women to the Pan Am Games which gets underway in October.

Former assistant coach of the national U-17 team Richard Hood has been acting as head coach of the women’s senior team and is soon expected to be confirmed in the position by the TTFF.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shabazz steps down as woman head coach.
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2011, 06:59:18 AM »
This is good news for the ladies program.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shabazz steps down as woman head coach.
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2011, 07:20:31 AM »
so what is the real story beyond de spin because Shabazz ain't going to step down just so.

1]; } ?>