March 28, 2024, 08:36:31 AM

Author Topic: Jamaal Shabazz Thread  (Read 58708 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaal Shabazz is new T&T football joint head coach
« Reply #120 on: November 28, 2012, 12:26:37 PM »
so Tim Kee first move is to appoint dual Head Coaches? what ah ting !!!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 28, 2012, 12:41:02 PM »
The Head Coach of a professional team should not be appointed as the national team coach..."Conflict of Interest" will always exist (percieved or not) when it comes to player selection. Bad idea :banginghead:

Very good point.

Buh ah man not going to step down from one position (less food) to acquire a position of uncertain prospects ... right?

Shabazz seems to have mastered how to maintain multiple portfolios even in the face of seeming conflicts of interest. It won't end here.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 12:43:28 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 28, 2012, 12:50:00 PM »
A comment Big Mag made a while back regarding removing the "interim" designation from Hutson's title as Interim Head Coach caught my attention. I thought the initial call might have been a lil premature ... but with Hutson's ultimate performance, there's little doubt that this development is a mix of a lack of complete confidence in Hutson and a two heads are better than one vibes.

I think the dual solution they went with was well-intentioned ... buh it has a real slippery slope that comes with it. In terms of "value-added" it's clear what the idea is. Tim Kee exercised executive deference ... not unreasonable.

Ppl have to accept that Shabazz is around T&T football to stay. The powers that be seem to have made peace with his political transgressions. Time to move on ... if the issue of his recurring appointments continue to sting fans, there's a path of action that the fans could take. Buh on de real, it seems unlikely that Shabazz could be 'crowded out' of football. Also, if there's to be a persistent rejection of Shabazz (perhaps due to ppl's political memories) ... why is it that Raffique Shah has been rehabilitated in the national consciousness (or "we" just too young to remember that far back?

Ah jes saying ...

« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 01:01:26 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2012, 01:06:19 PM »
ah love de teefteefff logic .... two half coach does make a whole.......

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 28, 2012, 01:07:56 PM »
This may not be a bad move IF it proves to be only for next month's Gold Cup qualifiers. In fact, it may turn out to be a very shrewd one on the part of Tim Kee.

Charles can't take the team further, Antigua is very organized and well-coached, and there is a need to have someone with a successful track record within the Caribbean region in camp. Plus, if my instincts are correct, the TTFF has no money to bring anyone of substance and considering the overseas players will likely not play, the team will be dominated by local-based. All this points to Shabazz as the best suited to handle the position at this time. Leaving aside his personal and personal liabilities, a big caveat indeed, the appointment tastes bitter but makes sense.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2012, 01:08:28 PM »
 :frustrated: :frustrated: like i said Gold Cup, or else this will be seen as a shit move.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 01:25:39 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2012, 01:18:02 PM »
can shabazz travel to the US?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2012, 01:22:59 PM »
Also, if there's to be a persistent rejection of Shabazz (perhaps due to ppl's political memories) ... why is it that Raffique Shah has been rehabilitated in the national consciousness (or "we" just too young to remember that far back?

Ah jes saying ...

You can't be serious.  How many people died in the 1970 Coup attempt? Additionally, Raffique Shah was exonerated in a court of law, which held that the truce to which he was party to was negotiated at arms length.  Shah wasn't a part of a murderous band of criminals who who had no real grievance other than being upset with their lot in life.

There are any number of reasons I can go into that differentiates the two situations... but people's focus here prefers to be on football so why deny the masses their opiate?

See Royal's post on the previous page regarding the Gold Cup final.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 28, 2012, 01:52:23 PM »

I thought that might be why he had to coach Guyana via Skype for their qualifier against Mexico in the USA.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Jamaal Shabazz is new T&T football joint head coach
« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2012, 02:02:24 PM »

I thought that might be why he had to coach Guyana via Skype for their qualifier against Mexico in the USA.

Seriously? Ahahaha
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2012, 02:10:48 PM »

Seriously? Ahahaha
He couldn't travel for "personal reasons"
http://www.soccernews.com/shabazz-to-coach-via-skype/104603/

You're laughing now but what do you think will happen if T&T qualify  ;D

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2012, 02:40:18 PM »
Two bosses ??? Very strange decision. Look at it from Baba's perspective, it seems the TTFF were just waiting to see what happened with Guyana?
Hypothetically, if the team does not qualify, whom is responsible? One could argue it should be the TTFF & in that case, the entire Board should resign  :thinking:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2012, 02:46:32 PM »
Also, if there's to be a persistent rejection of Shabazz (perhaps due to ppl's political memories) ... why is it that Raffique Shah has been rehabilitated in the national consciousness (or "we" just too young to remember that far back?

Ah jes saying ...

You can't be serious.  How many people died in the 1970 Coup attempt? Additionally, Raffique Shah was exonerated in a court of law, which held that the truce to which he was party to was negotiated at arms length.  Shah wasn't a part of a murderous band of criminals who who had no real grievance other than being upset with their lot in life.

There are any number of reasons I can go into that differentiates the two situations... but people's focus here prefers to be on football so why deny the masses their opiate?

I'm being only slightly mischievous ... yuh isolated the comments above from their preceding paragraphs, but ... lehme link this to underscore Shabazz's rehabilitation ... the man savvy and thanks all the right ppl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLIVSWNvqf0

:) anyway, look, yeah somewhat different scenes, ultimately similar result ... if the amnesty frustrated the judicial process that's what we're left with ... either we support NOTHING he touches or has touched or accept that this works effectively the same way as the truth and reconciliation process has elsewhere ... which means that he can effectively proceed as normal.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 02:48:40 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2012, 03:21:18 PM »
still a stinking traitor.

now abu bakr jr. spot in the side seal.

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2012, 04:17:39 PM »
it's time for trinidad and tobago to get a international coach and staff again. these local coaches r very limited. it seems like they can only beat local shit teams in the caribbean. i'm waiting to c what will happen in the next rounds on dec 7th

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2012, 04:18:43 PM »
de man is ah tun tun...i support the team to the fulllest, ah was even optimistic with maturana, who cyah even speak english....but this fella...de man jess on ah pipps thing. He going and try and walk over charles...cuz he toting head like, "well they think charles cyah make it, so they bring in de dan!" Who going and make subs, select players yadda yadda yadda....

The team jess had a good sound experience, playing together, sycing, all that good stuffff, now we bring in ah man that going and dictate ah different scene...

As said b4, watch and see men like bakr jr getting sweat, and other feelas who name ah cant recall going and get ah bligh, while TnT gold cup going and fade away.

Tim Kee i was optimistic about, even enthusiastic, but such a bold step...he take ah gamble, which says two things...either de man know what he doing, orrrrr he jess going and do wuhever he want!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2012, 05:35:18 PM »
Fack timkee, the fuss ting he shoulda do iz acknowledge the PFATT, not dismantle the chemestry charles had going with the yutes.

yuh think playesr like hector and power forgot how he betray the country when we went down to guyana? dem fellas on the tail end of their careers and is probably looking to get discovered when shabbaz facked them.

bad move by the TTFF, and why am i disappointed, it's trinidad football!! what de fack wrong wid me self!    stueepppssssss!!!!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 08:12:10 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2012, 05:45:01 PM »
Bad idea! If Tim Kee allows himself to be controlled by Anton and his father , he is off to a disastrous start. Shabazz just come last in the World Cup qualifications and he is appointed National Coach? He gets 0 out of 100 for his first decision, This does not augur well for the future. We continue to go nowhere fast ! Shame on you Tim Kee!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2012, 08:26:32 PM »
Solomon Mcleod et al RIP.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2012, 08:47:27 PM »
Dear TTFF,

If yu had these options available to you to begin the rebuild for 2018, would you consider a staff would the following:

Assessing/monitoring local players: Terry Fenwick
Technical Director: Stephen Hart
Assessing/monitoring European based players: Dennis Lawerence
Co-coaches: H.Charles, S.Hart

All things considered.....TTFF if yu could make this happen fo rthe good of TnT would you do it?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2012, 10:19:53 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

allyuh bawling, yuh ent see nothing yet...

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2012, 12:33:44 AM »
Two man rat situation. Administration doh wuk in de Caribbean. Somebody go start de back biting jes now. It more instilled in Trinibagonians than any of the other islanders. All dem new Carnival Band does form, not out of a creative necessity, but because somebody get way. Inception is caused by vexation and the vicious cycle repeats itself. De Football Circle here is no different and not exempt from dis. We too blasted egotistical and once ego involved, progress is hindered. But we like it so...jes wait and see. Ah next Pancho/Latapy soap opera. De Colombian/Trini combo eh wuk, so let we try two locals now. Allyuh get de gayelle ready.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:43:08 AM by Savannah boy »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2012, 12:42:18 AM »
One man coaching offense and de next man coaching defense...but this has to be the most ridiculous thing I've heard in football, any conflicts just spin the bottle and it's the winners call.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 29, 2012, 12:44:19 AM »
We going like NFL now...a position coach for everything.

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 29, 2012, 09:34:34 AM »
The Head Coach of a professional team should not be appointed as the national team coach..."Conflict of Interest" will always exist (percieved or not) when it comes to player selection. Bad idea :banginghead:

Very good point.

Buh ah man not going to step down from one position (less food) to acquire a position of uncertain prospects ... right?[/color]

Shabazz seems to have mastered how to maintain multiple portfolios even in the face of seeming conflicts of interest. It won't end here.
That in essence sums up so much of what is really at hand...football reflecting the society. Coaching requires a serious level of commitment to do a proper job with one team, so this makes it almost impossible to have any real chance at success. Whereever there is compromise, failure is sure to be the result. Compromise is the number one reason for failure in any walk of life...these coaches compromise; administration compromise; fans compromise; players compromise; the people of the nation compromise....failure abounds!
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
co coach Charles and Shabazz
« Reply #145 on: November 29, 2012, 09:39:27 PM »
I don't agree with this move ..Hutson Charles have done a marvellous job thus far..the players are responding well to him..two leaders would create a conflict..too many cooks in de kitchen.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2012, 06:47:48 AM »
I don't agree with this move ..Hutson Charles have done a marvellous job thus far..the players are responding well to him..two leaders would create a conflict..too many cooks in de kitchen.

same ting I sayin ...........is either this TTFF jus as shortsighted and dotish as d last or dey fraid d terrorist.....
I pity the fool....

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2012, 05:57:15 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:Jamaal Shabazz is the best Coach T&T have,give the man a chance.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 01, 2012, 10:11:14 AM »
Coops, Coops, how is it bro? But leh me ask you? Can Shabazz travel to to US if the TT team qualify for the GC.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 01, 2012, 10:24:16 AM »
Coops, Coops, how is it bro? But leh me ask you? Can Shabazz travel to to US if the TT team qualify for the GC.
                I here just trying to readjust to the life home,not involveing myself in anything except for a little stint with Blanchisseuse HS,i almost qualified them for the championship devision next year but we were beaten by Malick so they are going back up,there was a final between the both of us.i was just jokeing about Shabaaz,my senses are telling me they have him co coaching with Barber so places he can't go they still have Barber,

1]; } ?>