March 28, 2024, 12:02:57 PM

Author Topic: Jamaal Shabazz Thread  (Read 58714 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Jamaal Shabazz raps with media on return visit to Guyana
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2011, 10:39:59 PM »
Is shabazz really doing this? Is not he holding a position in the TTFf and going against their program? If he was out of a job I won't mind ! If your country don't want you , go wid somebody else ! These fellas have no sense of moral or ethics ! I think I see it all now!

so when Shabazz was Coach before and his salary was paid by Jack, everybody ass was quiet.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Andre interviews Jamal Shabazz on I95.5fm this evening
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2011, 06:32:21 AM »
If all yuh want to hear what we "nemesis" have to say.....The Fearless One is interviewing him from around 6 pm....

http://www.i955fm.com/
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Andre interviews Jamal Shabazz on I95.5fm this evening
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2011, 11:07:40 AM »
The talking will be on the field . What is there to talk about Shabazz is the coach of Guyana and he expects them to win. I maintain we have to win these two games comfortably or else we dont deserve to make the next rounds. Plain and simple, the coach has used the India game and the four games as a guide to his best eleven from the pool he has , let us see the players execute. From what I hear and read we are playing a good brand of football . Results matter and now is the time.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2011, 12:08:25 PM »
The talking will be on the field . What is there to talk about Shabazz is the coach of Guyana and he expects them to win. I maintain we have to win these two games comfortably or else we dont deserve to make the next rounds. Plain and simple, the coach has used the India game and the four games as a guide to his best eleven from the pool he has , let us see the players execute. From what I hear and read we are playing a good brand of football . Results matter and now is the time.

It still ah heavily WIP brand, but an improving brand, so I goh take dat
I pity the fool....

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Interview with Jamal Shabazz, Trinidadian Coach of the Guyana National Football team today @ 6:30pm on I-95.5fm I-Sports Thursdays...Listen live online via ON I-95.5fm on http://www.citadel.co.tt/istre​am/index.php?station=2 or http://www.i955fm.com/watch-i9​55-fm-studio-live.html

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2011, 04:51:21 PM »
He just call we out and say man hear sayin Shabazz go get 6 not Guyana. We here eh realize dat we football not as strong.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2011, 06:13:54 PM »
He just call we out and say man hear sayin Shabazz go get 6 not Guyana. We here eh realize dat we football not as strong.

When yuh say he just call we out here ? who excatly yuh mean ? de SWO, me, you, who ?

Can anyone ask Shabaaz is he have any grenades left from he Abu Bakr days ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2011, 07:34:56 PM »

When yuh say he just call we out here ? who excatly yuh mean ? de SWO, me, you, who ?

even so weh he read dat...an if somebody did say six it was tongue in cheek, controversial ::) or pro talkin in he sleep :laugh:
I pity the fool....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2011, 07:36:18 PM »

even so weh he read dat...an if somebody did say six it was tongue in cheek, controversial ::) or pro talkin in he sleep :laugh:

;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2011, 07:44:17 PM »
I totally missed it, what more did mr shabbaz have to say? BTW allyuh,i have to be honest. i really hope we beat guyana, bc since after grenada and cuba, im not so confident that we could beat any team that's tactically aware, and after all , shabbazz does know all our weaknesses, in and out.

remember he was and maybe still iz an insider.  i hope he never gets ah chance to coach any of our teams again.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2011, 07:48:02 PM »
who cares what shabazz has to say ::)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2011, 07:59:34 PM »
who cares what shabazz has to say ::)
I DO! you keep underestimating guyana, this is not the same team we wet in the group stage of the degicel cup yuh know. this is ah team made up of very good player who some even play in our own pro league, and some play in the US and england.

doh feel for one second that we runnin rings round this team, all they need is two draws or ah win. remember the earnes is on us not them.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2011, 08:05:24 PM »
I fall een late, but from I was able to catch Shabazz and Andre rel blast Pfister for his rant and even Dexter Skeene call een to add to de fire. Skeene say he did reseach on Otto and that these rants seem to be a frequent occurrence with other countries he has worked with. He also said that he thinks Pfister using that unfair treatment of the players argument to hide the fact that the team is performing poorly and can easily be eliminated by Guyana. That was the gist of the little I heard.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 08:10:57 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2011, 08:19:45 PM »
Andre thinks that Otto has ties to unscrupulous player agents and conducting an investigation. :rotfl:
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2011, 01:40:24 AM »
all this talking lets c on the field. Andre is very byass

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2011, 06:18:57 AM »
Andre thinks that Otto has ties to unscrupulous player agents and conducting an investigation. :rotfl:
I heard him say this on the "fearless one minute" on I955fm yesterday and this morning....   I don't understand what the coach having possible relationships with agents have to do with anything?  Is he implying that the coach would steer players towards "his" agent friends?  I couldn't get the point.  All this while asking Otto to give an apology to the Pro League, it's mgt and the people of T&T.... 
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2011, 09:28:26 AM »
Shabazz is ah mudda cont, tell he I say so...

Guyana good for 5.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2011, 10:37:49 AM »
I totally missed it, what more did mr shabbaz have to say? BTW allyuh,i have to be honest. i really hope we beat guyana, bc since after grenada and cuba, im not so confident that we could beat any team that's tactically aware, and after all , shabbazz does know all our weaknesses, in and out.

remember he was and maybe still iz an insider.  i hope he never gets ah chance to coach any of our teams again.
Remember it was a Trini coaching Grenada who knocked T&T out of the Caribbean Cup

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2011, 10:55:28 AM »
This is what i despise about these hateful xenophobic disruptive petty minded vagabonds, who claim to be footballs elite in T&T. yuh know they would never come on the show and talk about how much jack warner and ollie camp destroyed and is continuing to destroy T&T football!

imagine they talking bout the coach using his rants to hide his tactical ineptitude when this man literally coached 5 games in charge, winning four and losing one, and these monkey mdfkrs have the nerve tuh open their face!

these is the same clowns who was in full support of clueless latapy, how about latapy causing us to miss out on the gold cup??!! where were these arseholes, hear nah, when i hear these things i does feel like i eh want nothing tuh do with trinidad football, bc the wrong ppl have too much say on dat island boy! these men should have no say in
any kinda football organizatio, bc they eh have ah fackin clue as to what they doing on that rock where football is concerned! bunch ah fackin monkey men down dey!

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2011, 11:05:49 AM »
I didn't listen but it is unethical for Shabazz - the coach of Guyana - to be commenting on the internal affairs of our national association and our national team business. This morning he was on CCN TV6, via telephone, commenting again on behalf of Caledonia. He should have recused himself from this debate and allowed another person to represent the Caledonia perspective. Too many of us just plain don't understand ETHICS!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2011, 11:33:18 AM »
I didn't listen but it is unethical for Shabazz - the coach of Guyana - to be commenting on the internal affairs of our national association and our national team business. This morning he was on CCN TV6, via telephone, commenting again on behalf of Caledonia. He should have recused himself from this debate and allowed another person to represent the Caledonia perspective. Too many of us just plain don't understand ETHICS!
Breds, my ppl are clueless as to what proper conduct and professionalism is, don't you see how the "welcome" foreigners to their shores. they too colloquial and backward for their own good.

i'm hoping that they don't chase this man off in like manner they chased off wim and maturana.  really hope he stays.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2011, 10:26:08 PM »

Is Shabazz not the head coach at Caledonia? Why should he not be able to comment on things from a Caledonia perspective? Why would that be unethical? ???
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2011, 03:38:41 AM »
It is unethical because he is not ONLY the coach of Caledonia. More to the point, he is the coach of GUYANA. Check the Code of Ethics of any serious coaching association and you will see included reference to a commitment to avoid negative comment on fellow professionals. Of course Shabaaz will have a perspective - and I am not commenting on the validity of same. I am merely saying given his position in all of this it would have been better for another Caledonia representative to advance the club's viewpoint.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2011, 11:05:15 AM »
Shabazz and Ethics- Where in the world do you ascribe Ethics to Terrorists/
. Shabazz was the one who gave rifles and other weapons of mass destruction to teenagers under the guise of a Revolution. Father forgive them for they no not what they do? This man is a mercenary plain and simple. Let me tell you the ethical thing to do- After he had accepted the job of Coach of Guyana he should have resigned from Caledonia. Go and live in Guyana and developed the game or scout talent for the Guyana team. No half a loaf for both teams and still want to call themselves Professional.
 You cant have your cake and eat it.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2011, 11:12:51 AM »
Shabazz and Ethics- Where in the world do you ascribe Ethics to Terrorists/
. Shabazz was the one who gave rifles and other weapons of mass destruction to teenagers under the guise of a Revolution. Father forgive them for they no not what they do? This man is a mercenary plain and simple. Let me tell you the ethical thing to do- After he had accepted the job of Coach of Guyana he should have resigned from Caledonia. Go and live in Guyana and developed the game or scout talent for the Guyana team. No half a loaf for both teams and still want to call themselves Professional.
 You cant have your cake and eat it.
:beermug:

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shabazz: Guardiola and Brazil make a perfect match
« Reply #85 on: July 08, 2012, 11:22:55 PM »
Guardiola and Brazil make a perfect match
By Jamaal Shabazz (Wired868.com)

The Brazil national football team faces a big problem.
The 2014 World Cup hosts must win the illustrious FIFA tournament and, if you know Brazilian fans, even that won’t be enough. Brazil must deliver victory in style like Barcelona and Spain at their best.
I have just the solution. Brazil should hire ex-Barcelona coach and Spanish legend, Pep Guardiola, to coach its national team.
It’s a perfect fit. Pep needs a new challenge to expound his footballing vision but, instead of a team he must build from scratch, he has a country with the richest history of flair and flamboyance in the game.
Read More: http://wired868.com/868/index.php/view-point/item/199-shabazz-guardiola-and-brazil-make-a-perfect-match

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shabazz: Guardiola and Brazil make a perfect match
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2012, 04:38:36 AM »
Who gives a flying f00ck about Shabazz !!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shabazz: Guardiola and Brazil make a perfect match
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2012, 06:29:55 AM »
makes a great point though.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamaal Shabazz is new T&T football joint head coach
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2012, 09:27:26 PM »
Shabazz named as joint T&T football coach
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

Jamaal Shabazz is set to pull off a stunning return to the Trinidad and Tobago national football fraternity at next month’s Caribbean Cup finals in Antigua and Barbuda after being appointed to the “Soca Warriors” coaching staff.

Shabazz, who also coaches local Pro League team Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA, will be officially announced tomorrow as a joint head coach of the senior team alongside Hutson “Barber” Charles. The remainder of the technical staff stays unchanged with Derek King as assistant coach.

“It is like a big dream coming true to work with your own national team,” Shabazz told Wired868, “and be part of a group that has already started the rebuilding process of Trinidad and Tobago football. I feel really honoured that I can even be considered to join the staff at this time.”

New Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) president Raymond Tim Kee said Shabazz was selected after discussions with technical director Anton Corneal. He expects the 48-year-old coach to add his knowledge to a promising but relatively inexperienced coaching staff.

“Organisations are going away from the maximum leaders into more horizontal office charts,” said Tim Kee, who is also a Guardian Life insurance executive. “So when the idea came up in football I am aware of the concept of teaming. I believe they can interchange and complement each other for one common objective.”

The most famous example of joint head coaches in football is the Swedish pair of Tommy Söderberg and Lars Lagerbäck who steered Sweden to the 2002 World Cup and 2004 Euro tournaments.

Charles, a Defence Force Warrant Officer One, told the TTFF Media that he welcomed any move designed to improve the squad.

“It’s something that I welcome,” said Charles. “As  I’ve said before, I am in this for the national interest and if there’s anything that can help the team go forward then I will support it.

“Jamaal has had a fair amount of success in the Pro League and he has coached at the national level before. We also know of his success with Guyana.

“I think this is a good move towards seeing the improvement of the national team.”

Charles steered the Warriors to the 2012 Caribbean Cup finals after six unbeaten qualifying games, which included five wins. In contrast, Guyana crashed out of the regional tournament in the semi-final round after several senior players refused the US$12 match fee offered by the Guyana Football Federation (GFF).

But Shabazz  is confident of a harmonious relationship with Charles, who is an old friend and former teammate at youth level for Caledonia.

“We had one meeting and we will have several more in the coming days,” said Shabazz. “They have been very welcoming… This generation has got to demonstrate to the past generation that the day of Mao, Gaddafi and Mubarak is no more.

“The idea of mutual consultation is a powerful concept in leadership in Islam.”

Shabazz’s return marks the end of a successful stint with Caribbean neighbours, Guyana, who he helped to its first ever appearance in the World Cup semi-final round at the expense of his homeland.

Shabazz coached several Trinidad and Tobago national women’s teams but found it harder to fulfil his ambition with the senior men’s outfit.

A former insurrectionist in the 1990 attempted coup, the Jamaat-al-Muslimeen member spent two years in prison before being granted an amnesty. Shabaz was 25 years old when the Jamaat stormed the Red House but believes the recent Commission of Enquiry has helped to exorcise his demons.

“Since that time (in 1990) to now, I spent my life trying to rebuild the country and make a contribution on and off the field,” he said. “I have spent almost every day that I have been in Trinidad in the Morvant/Laventille community, which I have a deep commitment to and try hard to help uplift.”

Shabazz was first appointed as the national men’s interim coach in 2002 and named Charles as one of his two assistants. But he managed just three training session before he was replaced by Hannibal Najjar.

A year later, Shabazz returned to the men’s set-up as assistant to Serbia-born Zoran Vranes and then St Lucia-born Stuart Charles-Fevrier before departing again in 2004 after the latter coach was replaced.

Guyana came calling and he took the “Golden Jaguars” to the 2007 Caribbean Cup finals and within a point of the CONCACAF Gold Cup. The Jaguars were edged out on goal difference by Cuba.

Shabazz resigned after the Caribbean Cup but was tempted back to the mainland in August 2011, just days before Guyana’s first 2014 qualifier. Remarkably, Guyana played unbeaten until the Jaguars clinched their historic qualification with a 2-1 win over the Warriors in the penultimate group match.

Trinidad and Tobago was coached by German Otto Pfister for close to nine months when it was eliminated. Shabazz spent barely a third of that time with Guyana.

“It was a strange feeling (to eliminate Trinidad and Tobago),” said Shabazz. “I was really happy that we won the game but when I saw the dejected Trinidad players and some of the staff who I know well, it was such a sad feeling.

“I was in the grocery one time and a guy said look the guy who beat himself and that summed it up… But, after seeing the contempt with which the former regime headed by Mr Warner showed local coaches, when that opportunity presented itself via Guyana I felt this was a platform on which I could make a statement for all home-grown Caribbean coaches.

“Unfortunately, I had to be a Warrior against the Warriors. But the statement wasn’t for me; it was for all Caribbean coaches.”

As further testimony to his relationship with Guyana, Shabazz will fly to Georgetown tomorrow to personally reveal his new career path to the media although he has already officially informed the GFF.

“They have given me a wonderful opportunity to develop my career as a coach and I worked very hard for them,” he said. “It is important for me to go and face them and say that it is time for me to go home.”

Shabazz’s spell with Guyana plus his recent success with the Caledonia team, which became Caribbean champions this year, set the stage for his third bite at the men’s senior team.

He plans to pass on his experience at preparing an international team within short timeframes although he will resist suggesting drastic change.

“They had to be doing a lot of things right to reach where they are now,” said Shabazz, “and at a time when you were only hearing negative about Trinidad and Tobago football off the field. I want to play my part rather than impose myself.

“I think Haile Selassie used to say there is no limit to what we can achieve if no one is overly concerned about who gets the credit. We have a real challenge not just to win but also to prove that we can overcome ego and put the interest of Trinidad and Tobago in front.”

Once more, it is an interim appointment and much may depend on Trinidad and Tobago’s performances in Antigua as the Warriors aim for its first Gold Cup berth in six years.

Football fans will hope Shabazz’s third time is the charm.

Shabazz coaching highlights

2002: Gets UEFA ‘B’ license

2007: Steers Guyana to Caribbean Cup final and within a point of the Gold Cup

2008: Steers Caledonia to TTFF FA Cup and Pro Bowl titles. Gets FIFA coach instructor’s license

2011: Steers Guyana into 2014 World Cup qualifying semi-final round at the expense of T&T and helps Caledonia to First Citizens Cup

2012: Steers Caledonia to Caribbean Cup, TTFF FA Cup, First Citizens Cup and Lucozade Sport Goal Shield titles

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 09:19:19 AM by Flex »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaal Shabazz is new T&T football joint head coach
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2012, 09:30:57 PM »
Two head coach? Interesting
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>