March 28, 2024, 05:05:09 AM

Author Topic: Jamaal Shabazz Thread  (Read 58701 times)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaal Shabazz Thread
« Reply #210 on: June 07, 2015, 05:01:14 PM »
Pardon me,

did you call anyone's name? This from a man who gives his opinion freely when not asked.
Well you asked, I answered. Whose name did you have in mind when the query was put forth.

For years we have had threads here about J'ca, Guayan, Bermuda, Brazil, African and Indian football.

We are neither myopic nor xenophobic on this site.

Let me simplify it for you; Guyana is a prospective opponent in the WC qualifiers, so we are keeping tabs on them.

Better?

VB

I wasn't soliciting opinions, certainly not yours. I asked a question of the poster, I didn't call his name but my intent was made clear enough by the fact that I quoted him. Nobody gives a shit about Guyana's national team or their treasonous coach

And how did you come to this conclusion?

Did you take a poll or just pure psychic?

VB
If you truly read most of the posts ....no one gives two hoots about that terrorist or what team he is coaching

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #211 on: June 07, 2015, 08:18:40 PM »
Well some people must give a hoot or two because a lot of posts are made about him; there's even a thread dedicated to him.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 08, 2016, 03:26:56 PM »
WATCH: Jamaal Shabazz talks about his new role as TTFA Coordinator of Technical Programs

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/F8LZkAAKRLA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/F8LZkAAKRLA</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2016, 03:31:45 PM »
WATCH: Jamaal Shabazz talks about his new role as TTFA Coordinator of Technical Programs

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/F8LZkAAKRLA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/F8LZkAAKRLA</a>

Waste of time... traitor that should be in jail...

Trinidad does reward disloyal people... these men are the blight of the nation

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 08, 2016, 04:17:01 PM »
Go to hell Shabbaz!!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 08, 2016, 04:26:46 PM »
so this Terrorist get a nice cushy job overseering people

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 08, 2016, 05:20:29 PM »
The chalice done poisoned...let them drink to their heart content

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 08, 2016, 06:38:15 PM »
Shabazz is coordinator of technical programs. what is Issa's position again? Do we have two technical directors or what?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 08, 2016, 07:00:35 PM »
Shabazz is coordinator of technical programs. what is Issa's position again? Do we have two technical directors or what?

No, just one. Think about it.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 08, 2016, 07:43:46 PM »
Why Shabazz has to be coordinator. Why Mohammed Issa cyah coordinate?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 08, 2016, 07:48:21 PM »

Issa lame duck
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 08, 2016, 08:05:53 PM »

Issa lame duck

... and two salary drawing eh
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 09, 2016, 12:10:03 AM »

SO what Shabazz has ever done successfully in Trinidad or any country? What is the criteria for him getting this important position? These new developments by the TTFF are interesting.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 09, 2016, 12:47:14 PM »
He kept the women's program going when nobody else would touch it.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 09, 2016, 08:59:59 PM »

You sure about that?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 10, 2016, 01:01:06 AM »

You sure about that?

That's my impression. If you know otherwise feel free to disabuse me of the notion.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 10, 2016, 09:26:25 AM »
A prescription for confusion . With Issa and now Jamal. It begs the Question what is the job description. An do we have the money to pay these two folks. Oh well , why are we surprised . Anything goes with our Federation.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shabazz talks about his new role with TTFA
« Reply #227 on: December 10, 2016, 03:37:58 PM »
Shabazz talks about his new role with TTFA
TTFA Media

Newly appointed Head Coordinator of Technical Programs for the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association Jamaal Shabazz said he’s looking forward to executing his duties in overseeing the technical development programs being put on by the association beginning in 2017.

His appointment was announced at the TTFA Press Conference on Wednesday. Shabazz served as head coach of Guyana in three separate stints over a ten-year period and is a former T&T national senior women’s team head coach as well as co-head coach and assistant coach of the T&T Men’s Senior Team.

In explaining his role, he stated : “My role is not really as an active coach but it is to coordinate projects and programs initiated by the technical director and the TTFA and get it up and running; and also to see if I can cut through the red tape and bureaucracy. For instance we need to get the women’s program up and running. We have started by appointing Carolina Morace and it’s to now to get the programme on the move.”

Shabazz will also oversee the TTFA’s Elite Youth Development Programme during his three-year appointment.

“I will be focusing on the elite youth development programme sponsored by NLCB, overseeing it and ensuring it is managed properly. I will also be involved in coach education and setting up courses and ensuring they are run properly throughout the length and breadth of the country.  The intention is to helps to develop our coaches and provide opportunities not just on courses but also by enabling them to travel overseas and spend time with a club. We have spoken about this in past administrations and now my job is to walk the talk,” he added.

He also intends to engage more football stalwarts in the country who were not being utilised sufficiently.

“We also intend to engage a lot more with these persons. There are a lot of minds in Trinidad and Tobago that are being under-utilised in football and they have so much to offer based on their experience. The Corneal family comes up, persons like Keith Look Loy and Everald “Gally” Cummings and others. There are so many people who have made their mark and can contribute and we can find some niche for them to be able contribute.

“We are also going to consider the young and upcoming coaches. And we have the next generation of coaches who need opportunity after they have given yeomen service in local football at the club and school level. This type of engagement could provide some employment opportunities as well.”

Shabazz added that one of his projects would be to set up a program for the Under 17 team to prepare for the next Under 20 World Cup qualification under Russell Latapy.

“One of the projects on my agenda is to kickstart Latapy’s Under 17 team to have it become the next Under 20 team and Russell has already initiated plans for them to start (training) in January. There may have been players he may have missed when he just came into the program, but certainly he is now going to start the new under 20 team which will be under 18s for 2017 and he will have two years with that team and there will be some longevity there.

“Russell Latapy is an icon. As a player he has stepped of the field  and he is now into coaching. He is very qualified. He can still go out there and demonstrate and excite the kids and show them how it’s done I think he has a major role to play in youth development and it also helps him with his future role to possibly take up the national senior team one day again,” Shabazz added.

Shabazz will also serve as a Technical Adviser in the TTFA.

“Part of my responsibility is to advise people in the TTFA and those who have technical responsibilities, coaching the national teams. For instance Carolina (Morace) is coming to Trinidad and Tobago as a very experienced coach in the world but will little knowledge of this country. I have had 20 years experience in women’s football and I would be able to advise her and say things like ‘Don’t go down that road Carolina, there are some bad dogs on that road.”

“Now I am very happy to live this new life to help other coaches and to open up other opportunities. I know also about doors being closed, being discriminated against and be denied opportunities. For me now it’s an enthusiasm to create opportunities for everyone. There is still a lot of disunity and division in football in Trinidad and Tobago and in the Caribbean, especially after the FIFA scandal.

Football is a team game and if we are coaches, administrators, club owners and officials, and if we, understanding it is a team game, cannot come together nationally with everyone working and pulling in the same direction then we have missed what football is about. I also see my job as a religious duty to my Lord to help bring people together and let’s try to build a nation,” Shabazz said.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 11, 2016, 12:41:52 PM »
ISIS running we football.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Shabazz is the chief selector for our national team under The Dictator....
« Reply #229 on: December 14, 2016, 11:38:41 AM »
Any team going forward will be Shabazz's and the Dictators team....

The puppet we just hired is not selecting this team, he may get one or two choices, actually recently he pointed out that he made one choice. But outside of that he won't be of any signifucance when it concerns team selection...

In otherwards, you will be supporting a team selected by Shabazz and the Dictator... which also translates to certain players being dropped from the team that deserve to be selected... as we now have seen with the dropping of kenwyne jones  :cursing: supporting the coach means indirectly supporting Shabazz and the Dictator...

« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 11:45:56 AM by Controversial »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Jamaal Shabazz is new T&T football joint head coach
« Reply #230 on: December 19, 2016, 04:43:31 PM »
The coup is completed - once part of a coup always thinking of overthrowing -
Note to "Saint" keep your new friends close by and your detractors even closer - yes make them part of your coaching squad - nice move

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Shabazz is the chief selector for our national team under The Dictator....
« Reply #232 on: December 28, 2016, 06:51:08 AM »
DJW + Shabazz = Saintdefeited  :yellowcard: :cursing: :bs:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #233 on: August 08, 2018, 10:50:28 PM »
Shabazz resigns as Senior Women’s Team head coach.
TTFA Media.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association wishes to thank outgoing National Senior Women’s Team head coach Jamaal Shabazz for his time, commitment, and unwavering dedication to our National Women’s Senior Team programme.Your sacrifice will not go unnoticed, and you served as an example of selflessness and passion.

The TTFA wishes Jamaal  every success in his future career. The FA will announce in due course further developments as it relates to the coaching roles of the Senior team which enters the final CONCACAF Caribbean stage of Women’s World Cup qualifying in Jamaica later this month.

Below is Shabazz’s letter to TTFA General Secretary Justin Latapy-George.

8 August 2018

Mr Justin Latapy-George
General Secrerary
TTFA
Ato Boldon Stadium
Couva

Dear Brother

It is with a great sense of humility and satisfaction I would like to inform you of my resignation as Head Coach of the Trinidad & Tobago Women’s National Team.

After careful consideration of all the factors surrounding what is required for this team to go forward, it is in the best interest of the team and the country, that I step aside and allow for someone who can bring more to the table at this point.

A major part of my life has been given to develop the women’s game as a Coach. Now I think Allah has a different role for me to play in the development of the game locally and regionally.

I will remain a staunch supporter of this team in particular and women’s football in general.

I thank the players, staff, fans and all who helped in my efforts and look forward to a new challenge

Respectfully
Jamaal Shabazz
Humble Servant of Trinidad & Tobago Football

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 09, 2018, 06:09:00 AM »
Looks like someone was caught between writing a media release announcing the coach's resignation and a letter of gratitude to the coach.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 09, 2018, 06:25:49 PM »
Good riddance.  One set of jokers, useless recycling of buffoons keeping our football in a perilous downward spiral
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 09, 2018, 09:37:53 PM »
“This is as far as I could carry it!” Shabazz quits as T&T women’s football coach.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

Trinidad and Tobago Women’s National Senior Team coach Jamaal Shabazz handed in his resignation to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) today, just 13 months after he replaced Italian Carolina Morace at the helm of the local women’s programme.

Shabazz served as head coach for the Women’s National Under-17, Under-20 and Senior Teams during that period. But, just a week after returning from the Central American and Caribbean (CAC) Games in Colombia—where the Women Soca Warriors finished fourth but managed one draw and three losses from their four outings—the veteran coach has decided to call it a day.

“It is with a great sense of humility and satisfaction I would like to inform you of my resignation as head coach of the Trinidad and Tobago Women’s National Team,” stated Shabazz, in an email to TTFA general secretary Justin Latapy-George. “After careful consideration of all the factors surrounding what is required for this team to go forward, it is in the best interest of the team and the country, that I step aside and allow for someone who can bring more to the table at this point. “

Shabazz, the co-founder and head coach of Pro League team Morvant Caledonia United, told Wired868 that he did not feel he had any more to give to the national women’s programme. The Women’s team enter the Caribbean Cup finals from 25 August in Jamaica, with technical director Anton Corneal likely to step in as caretaker.

Corneal worked with the team before and is believed to be a popular choice among the players.

“I think overall I got what I could have gotten out of the team and I don’t feel I could get any more,” said Shabazz. “This is as far as I could carry it; this is the furthest I could carry this crew.”

Shabazz’s shock resignation follows word of unrest within the squad, which TTFA president David John-Williams attempted to quell yesterday with alleged ham-fisted measures.

In May, former Women Warriors captain Maylee Attin-Johnson said publicly that she would not play under Shabazz as she did not think the coaching staff had the capability to help the team push for a spot at the France 2019 Women’s World Cup.

Noticeably, star forward Kennya “Yaya” Cordner and veteran winger Ahkeela Mollon also declined opportunities to join the setup.

Shabazz continued regardless but, in Colombia, there were signs that the doubt had spread to the players who were under his charge. In four games, Trinidad and Tobago drew 2-2 with Nicaragua but lost to Mexico, Costa Rica and Venezuela—to miss out on a bronze medal.

Wired868 understands that John-Williams met the Women’s Senior Team yesterday and read the players the riot act. The senior players were allegedly told, according to multiple sources, that if they were unwilling to play for Shabazz, John-Williams would bring in the Under-20 squad to represent the country in the World Cup qualifying campaign instead.

The TTFA constitution does not permit its president to select the coach or players; and it is uncertain if John-Williams could have carried out his threat. But Wired868 understands that the players subsequently agreed to play under their current boss.

John-Williams did not respond to requests from Wired868 to explain his comment to the national women players.

Shabazz said he knew about John-Williams’ meeting with the players, although he distanced himself from the latter’s alleged threat.

“I don’t know anything about that threat [and] I don’t think I should be connected to that statement,” said Shabazz. “All I can say is I sat down, I weighed all the factors and I made my decision. I can’t speak to those comments.

“… The last year was a tremendous learning experience. I can’t see myself coaching women’s football again but I can see myself sharing my experience and what I have learnt in the women’s game over the years.

“There are some things you come to learn in dealing with women that is so unique—like language and the way you communicate with players, which is different to the men’s game.”

Shabazz said he is happy to share his knowledge of scouting and developing players while he also stressed the need for stronger women’s leagues. He suggested that the NAAATT has been hoovering up the best young female athletes due to its superior organisation with the under-12 age groups. Women’s football, he said, gets what is left behind by the other sports.

He credited the TTFA’s current National Elite Youth Development Programme and suggested that the current Boys Under-14 Team could be the most gifted bunch the country has had in 30 years.

The Women’s Under-15 Team, which was forced to forfeit the 2018 Concacaf Championship due to the TTFA’s failure to get them visas, is also a promising bunch, according to Shabazz. But their impact on the national senior team will not be felt for years to come.

“Our player pool is much to small and not competitive enough right now,” said Shabazz. “We need to focus on widening the pool, which hopefully—with the elite programme—will start to happen. I will also put my interests into helping to develop a stronger league that will better serve the interests of the women’s game.”

In his 13 months at the helm, Shabazz helped the senior women’s team past the first round of Caribbean qualifying matches as well as a semifinal CAC Games finish. But his Under-17 Team was eliminated in the Caribbean qualifying rounds while, at Under-20 level, he team lost all three matches—despite home advantage—in January’s Concacaf series.

“Well, given the material I had to work with, I think I did the best I could,” said Shabazz. “I will always measure my work with the material I had to work with; and I think the pool is too small. We are still relying on players we developed in 2000.

“Where is the next generation of players?”

Ironically, Shabazz’s crop of 2000—or at least a few key players from that generation—lost faith in his ability to take the team to the next level. He refused to name any players whose actions or statements might have prompted his retirement; however, he said the new coach could not afford to blacklist players if they were to have any chance of getting to the France World Cup.

“I think you need all hands on deck [to have a shot at getting to France],” said Shabazz, “because you need the situation to be as competitive as possible.”

He said he will turn his attentions now to the Pro League and, possibly, the Ministry of National Security and new Commissioner of Police, Gary Griffith—a former top flight hockey player and TTFA security advisor.

“I am going and apply for a job at the Ministry of National Security,” said Shabazz, who was a former insurrectionist during the Jamaat al Muslimeen’s attempt coup in 1990. “Yes, I have my club in the Pro League; but look at the crime situation. We have a new police commissioner and I don’t know if he will need some help in Morvant/Laventille. I feel there must be some sort of job in there for me; so we will see.

“But the work continues. I have never seen a bird unemployed…”

« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 03:16:04 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 31, 2018, 04:50:16 AM »
What is this? Past programming or future programming? ???

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 31, 2018, 07:28:18 AM »
“I am going and apply for a job at the Ministry of National Security,” said Shabazz,

Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 02, 2018, 12:57:44 AM »
“This is as far as I could carry it!” Shabazz quits as T&T women’s football coach.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

Trinidad and Tobago Women’s National Senior Team coach Jamaal Shabazz handed in his resignation to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) today, just 13 months after he replaced Italian Carolina Morace at the helm of the local women’s programme.

Shabazz served as head coach for the Women’s National Under-17, Under-20 and Senior Teams during that period. But, just a week after returning from the Central American and Caribbean (CAC) Games in Colombia—where the Women Soca Warriors finished fourth but managed one draw and three losses from their four outings—the veteran coach has decided to call it a day.

“It is with a great sense of humility and satisfaction I would like to inform you of my resignation as head coach of the Trinidad and Tobago Women’s National Team,” stated Shabazz, in an email to TTFA general secretary Justin Latapy-George. “After careful consideration of all the factors surrounding what is required for this team to go forward, it is in the best interest of the team and the country, that I step aside and allow for someone who can bring more to the table at this point. “

Shabazz, the co-founder and head coach of Pro League team Morvant Caledonia United, told Wired868 that he did not feel he had any more to give to the national women’s programme. The Women’s team enter the Caribbean Cup finals from 25 August in Jamaica, with technical director Anton Corneal likely to step in as caretaker.

Corneal worked with the team before and is believed to be a popular choice among the players.

“I think overall I got what I could have gotten out of the team and I don’t feel I could get any more,” said Shabazz. “This is as far as I could carry it; this is the furthest I could carry this crew.”

Shabazz’s shock resignation follows word of unrest within the squad, which TTFA president David John-Williams attempted to quell yesterday with alleged ham-fisted measures.

In May, former Women Warriors captain Maylee Attin-Johnson said publicly that she would not play under Shabazz as she did not think the coaching staff had the capability to help the team push for a spot at the France 2019 Women’s World Cup.

Noticeably, star forward Kennya “Yaya” Cordner and veteran winger Ahkeela Mollon also declined opportunities to join the setup.

Shabazz continued regardless but, in Colombia, there were signs that the doubt had spread to the players who were under his charge. In four games, Trinidad and Tobago drew 2-2 with Nicaragua but lost to Mexico, Costa Rica and Venezuela—to miss out on a bronze medal.

Wired868 understands that John-Williams met the Women’s Senior Team yesterday and read the players the riot act. The senior players were allegedly told, according to multiple sources, that if they were unwilling to play for Shabazz, John-Williams would bring in the Under-20 squad to represent the country in the World Cup qualifying campaign instead.

The TTFA constitution does not permit its president to select the coach or players; and it is uncertain if John-Williams could have carried out his threat. But Wired868 understands that the players subsequently agreed to play under their current boss.

John-Williams did not respond to requests from Wired868 to explain his comment to the national women players.

Shabazz said he knew about John-Williams’ meeting with the players, although he distanced himself from the latter’s alleged threat.

“I don’t know anything about that threat [and] I don’t think I should be connected to that statement,” said Shabazz. “All I can say is I sat down, I weighed all the factors and I made my decision. I can’t speak to those comments.

“… The last year was a tremendous learning experience. I can’t see myself coaching women’s football again but I can see myself sharing my experience and what I have learnt in the women’s game over the years.

“There are some things you come to learn in dealing with women that is so unique—like language and the way you communicate with players, which is different to the men’s game.”

Shabazz said he is happy to share his knowledge of scouting and developing players while he also stressed the need for stronger women’s leagues. He suggested that the NAAATT has been hoovering up the best young female athletes due to its superior organisation with the under-12 age groups. Women’s football, he said, gets what is left behind by the other sports.

He credited the TTFA’s current National Elite Youth Development Programme and suggested that the current Boys Under-14 Team could be the most gifted bunch the country has had in 30 years.

The Women’s Under-15 Team, which was forced to forfeit the 2018 Concacaf Championship due to the TTFA’s failure to get them visas, is also a promising bunch, according to Shabazz. But their impact on the national senior team will not be felt for years to come.

“Our player pool is much to small and not competitive enough right now,” said Shabazz. “We need to focus on widening the pool, which hopefully—with the elite programme—will start to happen. I will also put my interests into helping to develop a stronger league that will better serve the interests of the women’s game.”

In his 13 months at the helm, Shabazz helped the senior women’s team past the first round of Caribbean qualifying matches as well as a semifinal CAC Games finish. But his Under-17 Team was eliminated in the Caribbean qualifying rounds while, at Under-20 level, he team lost all three matches—despite home advantage—in January’s Concacaf series.

“Well, given the material I had to work with, I think I did the best I could,” said Shabazz. “I will always measure my work with the material I had to work with; and I think the pool is too small. We are still relying on players we developed in 2000.

“Where is the next generation of players?”

Ironically, Shabazz’s crop of 2000—or at least a few key players from that generation—lost faith in his ability to take the team to the next level. He refused to name any players whose actions or statements might have prompted his retirement; however, he said the new coach could not afford to blacklist players if they were to have any chance of getting to the France World Cup.

“I think you need all hands on deck [to have a shot at getting to France],” said Shabazz, “because you need the situation to be as competitive as possible.”

He said he will turn his attentions now to the Pro League and, possibly, the Ministry of National Security and new Commissioner of Police, Gary Griffith—a former top flight hockey player and TTFA security advisor.

“I am going and apply for a job at the Ministry of National Security,” said Shabazz, who was a former insurrectionist during the Jamaat al Muslimeen’s attempt coup in 1990. “Yes, I have my club in the Pro League; but look at the crime situation. We have a new police commissioner and I don’t know if he will need some help in Morvant/Laventille. I feel there must be some sort of job in there for me; so we will see.

“But the work continues. I have never seen a bird unemployed…”

A man who is clearly an opportunist. that is all ah have to say

1]; } ?>