April 27, 2024, 11:53:43 AM

Author Topic: I think Mexico on current form is one of the best teams in the world. top 3 even  (Read 8778 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
I wish T&T could "choke" like Holland and Spain.

Fuss of all make de flikkin WC

Play in 2 final

Countless semi Final

Beatin top 10 teams regular

Etc.

Allyuh good wee.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
mexico on current form is a good team...but ah top 3 one? nah! no way! i putting mexico in de top ten any day but not in de top 3. One win against brazil doesnt give u that.  If that was de case, Greece woulda be ah top 3 side for winning de european cup (behind brazil and argentina).

going on tuh de world cup, it go be a straight case of brazil and argentina again, de only team i feel that could stop them (doh laugh at meh please) is england.  something just telling me that england going and have ah good run in this tournament!

I agree with yuh even the England scene.  Since the World Cup is being held in Europe, I expect somebody to step up and it could very well be England.  But I expect to see Brazil, Argentina in the finals (at least one of them).

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
Andre, England dred?!?! You is ah mad man or what!!??  yuh entitled to that opinion no doubt, but come on brethren...ENGLAND stopping the Samba next year?!!?  

Argentina is Brazil's main worry...Riquelme is a flat out dan! No bad pass and he dangerous anytime he picks up the ball.. Watch for one of the African teams making a run deep in the WC..the 'sleeper' team will be out of Africa...

Mexico is better than the US (but not by much sadly)...top 3? I don't think so, but definitely top 10.

It would be nice to see Trinidad get into the top 30..real work have to be done though..once we put BEENE best XI ot there and them fellas play wit pride...why not?
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Which African team UPRISING?

Togo?
Ivory Coast?
Ghana?
Angola?
Morocco?

Out of those...I would say Ivory Coast may have the best showing.

I think the real "sleeper" team will be the same one as last WC.....USA.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
I still feel Nigeria will get they act together and qualify, but from that list Ivory Coast (de youth Drogba could ball) and possibly Ghana.. I en saying a African team winning it but one of them will go deep into de ting

I think the US will come out of their group but not past the 2nd round.. 2010 they will make some noise, when Donovan is a seasoned vet and Eddie Johnson well established after playing couple years in Europe (MLS can't hold he down)..I would be shocked if he in MLS next year..
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline santacruz

• Full Warrior
  • This year is the Dutch year!
    • View Profile
It will be ah Dutch vs Brazil Final next yr!And the Dutch will finally live up to expectations and win the whole ting!

Long Live the Oranje!
Fatima old boy graduate in '95 from Form 5, '97 from Form 6, lived in Santa Cruz.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Holland is a top 10 team. Playing great ball and leading their WC Qualifying group (which includes the Czech Republic and Romania). And they using a young, experimental team. Van Basten real mixing it up.

In the past they have been a frustrating mix of overacheivement and 'choking'. Some say they choke with Cruyff and co. in Germany '74 and Argentina '78...probably...but both times they lose to a powerful home team that had huge stars of its own. At the same time, they surprisingly fail to even qualify for the WC (Mexico '86, Korea/Japan '02)...Well with success in Euro 88 they have some silverware...they also produce some boss players and club teams that sometimes conquer Europe with relatively small budgets. I'll give them the edge over Mexico....I mean...if Holland won the WC, you might be a bit surprised...but Mexico winning would be a real shock...not so?

My top 10
1) Brazil
1) Argentina (tie with Brazil)
3) Czech Republic
4) Portugal
5) Holland
6) Germany
7) Spain
8) Mexico
9) Italy
10) Cameroon

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Forget de Mexicans oui, give me de bikini.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Hey Filho, how can u leave England out of your top 10?  >:(

Otherwise yuh on d right track!

I believe once we qualify for WC T&T will get into the top 30.

Watch d ride!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yeah boss

De trouble with writing a top ten is that outside of Brazil and Argentina, is a real toss up. Basically, it almost impossible to separate teams like England, Italy, Spain, Holland, Germany, France, Czech Republic, etc. And even those teams could beat Brazil and Argentina on any given day. As much as I try to be analytical......if I had to be really honest, I coulda write dat list 20 different ways depending on what mood I was in dat day......

respek :)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I am an Argentina fan- After Argentina destroyed Brazil in the WC preliminary, I said like the commentators that Argentina will win the WC.
Well after seeing the Brazilian Samba at the Confed Cup, one has to ask Questions?. It has to do with Form. Grouping and Injuries in the Final Round.
Let me here say that with the luck of the draw , if T&T make a good showing at the Gold cup, we just might be the Camerroon of the next W/C

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Yeah boss

De trouble with writing a top ten is that outside of Brazil and Argentina, is a real toss up. Basically, it almost impossible to separate teams like England, Italy, Spain, Holland, Germany, France, Czech Republic, etc. And even those teams could beat Brazil and Argentina on any given day. As much as I try to be analytical......if I had to be really honest, I coulda write dat list 20 different ways depending on what mood I was in dat day......

respek :)

If you've seen the recent Euro qualifiers you'd probably say something else. Holland and Portugal is a cut above England and Italy. I don't know if its just good form but Holland looks very solid and Portugal looks like Europe's Brazil (Bad Defense and everything.)

I don't believe you can make a judgement when the World Cup is 11 months away.

1]; } ?>