March 28, 2024, 07:07:32 AM

Author Topic: I think Mexico on current form is one of the best teams in the world. top 3 even  (Read 8699 times)

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
After watching Mexico play against Argentina and Brazil, I think they are based on current form, in the top 3 in the world. Any thoughts?

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Without speculating i totally agree,i hope they are not peaking too early,i really enjoy the Mexicans.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
and the fact that Trinidad lost 2-0 to them means Trinidad should probably be ranked round about 10  :D

They have beaten the likes of Brazil consistenlty over the past decade. They tend to drop the intensity a bit when they play CONCACAF teams...hence they are sometimes vulnerable to the odd defeat to th estronger teams in the region (USA, Costa Rica)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mexico's Ranking are a benefit to playing agaainst weaker concacaf opposition and having a dominante environment to play home games.

Mexico is a top 15 team in the world.

They can trap and pass and that is all you need to play against the worlds best.

But if they are put against top oppositions constantly they will falter.

Most of the top european teams will beat them consistantly.

England, France , Holland Spain etc will beat mexico on the regular

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I will say Mexico is a top 10 team, definitely not top 3. 

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i think they defintely top 5.
we have to wait for the wc to see
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I will say Mexico is a top 10 team, definitely not top 3. 

I agree

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
and the fact that Trinidad lost 2-0 to them means Trinidad should probably be ranked round about 10  :D

They have beaten the likes of Brazil consistenlty over the past decade. They tend to drop the intensity a bit when they play CONCACAF teams...hence they are sometimes vulnerable to the odd defeat to th estronger teams in the region (USA, Costa Rica)

There is absolutely no intensity drop when Mexico plays the United States.  If there is 1 team that the Mexican public DEMANDS Mexico MUST BEAT it is the USA.  The fact that the USA has had an excellent record in the recent past against Mexico in the face of Mexico's motivation against them speaks volumes for USA teams. 
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
KND2 you have it wrong on two counts high ratings come from playing high rated teams not low rated teams so it doh matter if they beat on CONCACAF they will not be rated any higer than any other team outside the region.

The second your point about those theams being better there are two things that allow teams to compete systems that suit them and the conditions under which they play. If Mexico plays against them outside of Europe they have a better than even chance of beating them. the other factor is the weaknesses of these teams to fast teams with wing play and the ability to run through the middle of the field. England is very weak against teams that play a non traditional system who overlap the middle or play a withdrawn forward i.e. Mexico. I can break down each but the FACT IS ALL TEAMS HAVE WEAKNESSES AND mEXICO IS AS gOOD AS ANY AT EXPLOITING THOSE WEALKNESSES.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
I have a feelin' that them days of Mexico losing to the US in important games done!! Right now Mexico running like a top 5 team, no question.  Problem is Mexico have absolutely no respect for Concacaf teams, and as such will always be liable to a loss....but if you is a gambling man, bet yuh money on mexico for the gold cup.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I have a feelin' that them days of Mexico losing to the US in important games done!! Right now Mexico running like a top 5 team, no question.  Problem is Mexico have absolutely no respect for Concacaf teams, and as such will always be liable to a loss....but if you is a gambling man, bet yuh money on mexico for the gold cup.

I agree......Watching Mexico play recently, I expect them to beat the US.  Right now, they are in very good form. 

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile

So you put Mexico losing more often than not in the past 10 years to the hated gringos as a lack of respect?  You got to be kiddin.  If is 1 team Mexico HATE losing to more than any other is USA.  It eh no lack of respect there and if you have watched the games in the past, is not like Mexico was unlucky to lose most a dem games.  They were OUTPLAYED!  Case in point....WC 2002.  How soon allyuh forget.

Mexico playing well right now.  But they are far from this "superpower" as some of you making them out to be.  I will not be surprised should they lose to US, Costa Rica and T&T in those countries in this WC qualifying campaign. 

Matter of fact, while T&T and to a lesser extent Costa Rica will be underdogs against Mexico in games played in T&T and CR, USA will be favourites to beat Mexico in USA and rightfully so in my opinion.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
After watching Mexico play against Argentina and Brazil, I think they are based on current form, in the top 3 in the world. Any thoughts?

Mexico may not even be the #1 team in the CONCACAF, but you have them top 3, because of a good run in the 'Fed Cup, I guess you have TnT in the top 5 then?

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mr mc i find you very contrary for a man who does only sweat in fig tree every other sunday..coll yourself and go back to track nah boy

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

So you put Mexico losing more often than not in the past 10 years to the hated gringos as a lack of respect? You got to be kiddin. If is 1 team Mexico HATE losing to more than any other is USA. It eh no lack of respect there and if you have watched the games in the past, is not like Mexico was unlucky to lose most a dem games. They were OUTPLAYED! Case in point....WC 2002. How soon allyuh forget.

Mexico playing well right now. But they are far from this "superpower" as some of you making them out to be. I will not be surprised should they lose to US, Costa Rica and T&T in those countries in this WC qualifying campaign.

Matter of fact, while T&T and to a lesser extent Costa Rica will be underdogs against Mexico in games played in T&T and CR, USA will be favourites to beat Mexico in USA and rightfully so in my opinion.
I hear yuh...but what I sayin is a new day for Mexico football.  US go get 3 in the US...Mexico about to separate themselves from the rest of concacaf standards.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
In reply to bounty killer

I hear yuh...but what I sayin is a new day for Mexico football.  US go get 3 in the US...Mexico about to separate themselves from the rest of concacaf standards.

This de same Mexico dat struggle to beat de same US in de Azteca?  If dis wasn't a message board ah woulda really take yuh up on dah prediction of yours.

Mexico is not as good as seem to claim.  But....I guess time will reveal all.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Palos doh dig no pressure man.....you ha to understand that Trinidadians very prophetic...We like to get exited about things that might, and should happen..  Facts does come second to we...:)  We like to be in the know even before it's known..... ;D....That does make we ole talk sweet.  Mexico had some good games and they is the greatest.  We had a good game and we is the greatest too.
Germany here we come ;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I have a question because my maths seem to be giving trouble.
So Mexico came 4th in the Confederations Cup (lost against a 10-man Germany).  So would that make them top 3 in the world?

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
It's the same thing we do with our local players.  A player had a little success in college league and we prematurely brand him a star - so I understand the thought process. 

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Fellas...I'm a Trini and soca warrior lover livin' in New Jersey. Wha' vibes? I am new to scene and I really like the football chats, so i decide instead of sittin' on the sidelines..lemme add meh 2 cents.

I cah really agree that Mexico is a top 3 side. Mexico got their tactics right for the Confederations Cup. But more important....they executed it almost to perfection. Not unlike Greece in Euro 2004. Doh get me wrong...Mexico is very talented, but they are probably more like a top 10 team. Besides being in-form, unlike Brazil and Argentina who relied on mostly tired European based players, the Mexican squad consist of locals who are playing at the height of their season in Mexico. I think freshness was a factor. And the Mexicans recent proud record against Brazil is a sham. Except for this Confederations Cup...Mexico's recent wins against Brazil (2 in the Gold Cup and 1 when Mexico won the Confed Cup some years back...were against Brazil's under 23 teams. Brazil has a history of using these tourneys...especially the Gold Cup to blood the Olympic team). Mexico's record against the Brazilian and Argentine national teams (and most big teams) is not particularly impressive...I mean in the Copa America 2004, the Brazil B team hit an in-form full Mexican team for 4.

Mexico is strong and raised their game this tourney. They will allso get a good psychological boost from realizing how well they can compete with the best...but they still have to do it consistantly to get a top 5, much less top 3 ranks. For now...I think they just in-form. You never know though...Germany 2006 could prove me wrong :)

Lter 4 Now

'The difficult we do immediately...the impossible takes a little bit longer'....Napolean

jusme

in my opinion, Brazil is the best team in the world.  They a cut above everybody else.

after that it have 7 or 8 teams that more or less have the same stature in my eyes, and Mexico is one of dem teams.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
hence the concept of time too eh...when we say at this moment, everybody drop allyuh bags and we havin' a round robin.  At this time, I believe, Mexico will be in the top 5 of that of that supposed round robin - a  Gedanken experiment as Einstein would say (without getting into the light cone and time dilation).

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
lemme also reiterate that is jus opinions stated here....like I feel we go hit US 1-0 in Aug, but when I tell yankees dat they laugh...but I sure men here agree with me

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Just for arguement sake how would you rate Holland?what have they won recently?would they be considered a first ten team and why?

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

They can trap and pass and that is all you need to play against the worlds best.

Boy KND you master talking shit boy.  steups

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Coops

yuh throwin spanner in the wheel dey breds ;D But I like the question because I does have this arguement with some pardners who is die hard orange men

Holland good we had this arguement on the old board and SH put me in my place by diggin up stats to prove Holland is in fact overachieving.

Given the population size, the fact that all their teams from youth to senior play in a tournament finals and the fact that they usually progress past the group stages consistently is grounds to be proud of.

My personal opinion is that they are CHOKERS big time. Full of potential that is unfulfilled.

But back to Mexico, they good but they ent the best and I just find they get they tactics right this Tournament. Also lewwe say Brazil had beat them would the hype still exist.

I prefer them to USA but still I think USA is the better team and will hold their own more consistently against top opposition.

But I ent go say they are a top 3 side. not even a top 5 they hovering around 8-10 for me.

Holland, Germany, Italy, Czech Rep, Brazil, France, England, Spain and portugal better than them. I would even say USA better than them too.

Also just to reiterate my point.........a 10 man germany hand them 4, No matter how good Borgetti look ;D

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
mexico on current form is a good team...but ah top 3 one? nah! no way! i putting mexico in de top ten any day but not in de top 3. One win against brazil doesnt give u that.  If that was de case, Greece woulda be ah top 3 side for winning de european cup (behind brazil and argentina).

going on tuh de world cup, it go be a straight case of brazil and argentina again, de only team i feel that could stop them (doh laugh at meh please) is england.  something just telling me that england going and have ah good run in this tournament!

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
holland and spain talk about choke huge chokers
mexico top 10 for sure no doubt and well deserved.-them fellas pplaying some serious football.

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
current form meaning..before these two losses one on penalties, Mexico had a 20 gam unbeaten record dating back to last year....but I said "current form" meaning last couple of months.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
yuh must have a unbeaten run of over 20 games if yuh play TT 3 times St kitts and St vincent twice Panama and Guatemala  ;D

Its a good record but stats doe tell the whole story.

Remember stats are like a womans bikini..........they reveal alot, but keep the important parts hidden.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

1]; } ?>