April 25, 2024, 07:40:41 AM

Author Topic: Donovan eh have no time for trials  (Read 8926 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Donovan eh have no time for trials
« on: September 22, 2006, 07:46:57 AM »
Donovan: I’m Happier Here
soccer365.com

Los Angeles star Landon Donovan has proudly stated that he doesn’t even spend time thinking about another move across the pond.

The U.S. attacker has come under fire from some observers for cutting his Bayer Leverkusen stays short when the going got tough, but he insists life is better at home in California.

"I'd probably become a better soccer player just from the day-in, day-out grind of it there," the Galaxy ace told Reuters. "But I wouldn't be a better person. I wouldn't be a happy person."

"I'd be pretty miserable."

"Spain or England might fit my style, but the last time I checked there weren't any teams knocking on the door to get me," continued Donovan. "I'm not going anywhere for a while."

"There are a lot of factors that would go into it: the country, the language, the people, the playing situation… I have no time for going over and trying out and doing things like that - that doesn't interest me."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Donovan eh have no time for trials
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 07:57:52 AM »
He's a gyul.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 08:01:35 AM »
No wonder he look like such a pot hound in the world cup. He did not look like he knew what he was supposed to do and this was his third time there.

Galaxy cah take yuh anywhere else. Oh so he feel he so good people should be knocking on his doors right. I feel he scared to get break up over there. Beadsley, Reyna and McBride have more stones than he
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 08:04:56 AM by grskywalker »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 08:11:14 AM »
..and he still bending up a T&T defense anytime he want  :-[

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 08:17:29 AM »
..and he still bending up a T&T defense anytime he want  :-[

because we let him

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 08:21:22 AM »
donavan choices:

choice A
1. play a short season
2. make $900 K US + bonus + endorsements
3. be close to where he family is
4. NOT DEAL WITH WINTER
5. california living
6. close to he woman - some model

choice B
1. playing a training 11 months a yr
2. probably make the same $
3. be far from home in depressing european cities like Leverkusen
4. DEAL WITH HARSH WINTERS

i know i go stay in the sun and in the happening LA area. no FC Behind God Back for me no matter what league they in.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 08:22:54 AM »
World Class Sh&t hound statement (I have no time for going over and trying out and doing things like that - that doesn't interest me.").  De man doh even want to try, how can you develop as a player if you only playing against people you could do anything to???
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 08:27:29 AM »
"I have no time for going over and trying out and doing things like that - that doesn't interest me."

actually, that remind of something that a trini will say.

translated:

"boy..de lime good here. mih eh going have time for that yes. the weather good here and i running plenty woman."

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 08:40:12 AM »
"I have no time for going over and trying out and doing things like that - that doesn't interest me."

translated:

"boy..de lime good here. mih eh going have time for that yes. the weather good here and i running plenty woman."
:rotfl:

The man could try to move man...It will be good for him...But I guess he making good money in the states...he have no reason to really leave...but if I was he I would have left and go to some smaller club and try to make a name for myself at the club

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 09:07:31 AM »
NOW THAT'S  a pussy striker he should be in my post( pussy striker morientes)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 09:09:25 AM »

I tell you NO BALLS. 

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 09:22:47 AM »
I just think the man have a totally different philosophy, respect and culture about the sport than any of us do.........on top of the fact that I think he is a shit hound........and he know he eh go make it where the going realy gets tough.  Yuh right boy, Filho, he has been EMBARASSING our little country since his Under-17 days for the US, but he knows his limitations and he ain't no "World beater"!  He has alot of speed but, I find, not much of anything else

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 09:27:11 AM »

translated:

Thats the same reason we criticise men like Denzil and Otis.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 09:29:55 AM »
No wonder he look like such a pot hound in the world cup. He did not look like he knew what he was supposed to do and this was his third time there.

Galaxy cah take yuh anywhere else. Oh so he feel he so good people should be knocking on his doors right. I feel he scared to get break up over there. Beadsley, Reyna and McBride have more stones than he
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Oh Lord .. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2006, 09:38:06 AM »

I tell you NO BALLS. 

No balls huh?

so that is why he went to Germany as a teenager?
so that is why he went staright from high school to being a pro when most 'ballsy' americans go to college first 'just in case'?

takes balls to make those risky decisions my friend. as far as I'm concerned, it takes balls to even want to play pro 'soccer' in a country that often ridicules the sport. de man just decided on what he wants out of life right now. he did not rule out a move at a later point in his career. but there is more to life than football for him.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2006, 09:41:28 AM »

I tell you NO BALLS. 

No balls huh?

so that is why he went staright from high school to being a pro when most 'ballsy' americans go to college first 'just in case'?

takes balls to make those risky decisions my friend. as far as I'm concerned, it takes balls to even want to play pro 'soccer' in a country that often ridicules the sport. de man just decided on what he wants out of life right now. he did not rule out a move at a later point in his career. but there is more to life than football for him.

I BELIEVE IT WAS BECAUSE HIS MOM OR DAD WERE IN THE MILITARY AND WERE STATIONED OVER THERE

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2006, 09:42:53 AM »
Filho why do find the need to defend these American players ?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 09:48:11 AM »

I tell you NO BALLS. 

No balls huh?

I BELIEVE IT WAS BECAUSE HIS MOM OR DAD WERE IN THE MILITARY AND WERE STATIONED OVER THERE

don't think that is true. he grew up all his life in Southern California and signed a contract in Germany (Leverkusen) as a 17 year old teenager and moved there. Perhaps I am wrong but let me know where you got that info so I can stand corrected.

Also, why the caps...r u shouting? And what about the other poinst I made. Challenging one line is kind of a waste..no? Anyway..I think you're wrong. He went staright form the US to Germany only because of football

pointless trivia: Donovan pops is actually Canadian
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 09:55:35 AM by Filho »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 09:54:29 AM »
Filho why do find the need to defend these American players ?

I am not defending an American player. We could be talking about a Mexican, German, Englishman...I  I could not care less. I am giving my opinion about the mentality behind Donavon's decisions. Something I have no problem with. Too often people on this board seem to give knee jerk reactions behind a topic and they seem to save the most negative and pointlees posts for anything American. I try to approach all these things as objectively as possible. I don't know more than anyone else and I am not always right....If I see something I dsagree with on the board I will respond to it. It should not matter who the person is or their nationality

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2006, 10:02:05 AM »
respeck.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2006, 10:11:25 AM »
"Spain or England might fit my style, but the last time I checked there weren't any teams knocking on the door to get me," continued Donovan. "I'm not going anywhere for a while."

I wonder why. If he had given Leverkusen more of a chance who knows what other offers would have arisen. Seems he content being poster boy for the MLS.

"There are a lot of factors that would go into it: the country, the language, the people, the playing situation… I have no time for going over and trying out and doing things like that - that doesn't interest me."

Sorry but that is a statement in ignorance, especially for a football player. It shows a fear of moving away from what you are comfortable with and not testing your potential - which he had. Anyway different strokes fuh different folks.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 10:13:32 AM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2006, 10:19:03 AM »
respeck.
Oh lawd JG...de man "boil yuh down" quik quik like bhagee! ..whey sah.. ;D

Nuff respect dey Filho...
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2006, 10:25:45 AM »
an I thinkin big statements from ah big man...I self shoulda know that many who doh walk in dem fellas shoes(neither talent or financial wise) would never understand that....drink yuh haterade if yuh want, buh den doh spit it out...i.e. Even if yuh won't do it like that, understand why someone else could - learn

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2006, 10:35:10 AM »
The man shitty and he have no balls,Donovan is like the Beckham for America,so unlike Beckham who explored a different league and fitted in because he is a PROFESSIONAL PLAYER,Landon just not good enough to do that so he went back where he felt like a god,THE MLS,where ESPN worship him and the American people,well Landon is all they know.Demarcus Beasley, now that is a PROFESSIONAL PLAYER who eh fraid to explore,he is talented and he works hard unlike( i want my mammy Landon Donovan :'().

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2006, 10:47:17 AM »

I tell you NO BALLS. 

No balls huh?

Sorry man, I meant no Balls to move onto the next step.  He has talent and when God gives you that ability I believe that you should trust yourself and make the leap.  I for one know that football isn't the be all end all, maybe de man have other things to worry about (Family problems or want to party or whatever), but when you make the statement "I have no time for going over and trying out and doing things like that - that doesn't interest me." den why you in football  ??? ???  I kinda get the feeling that he think that he too big for tryouts or he go only tryout or work hard if a team from England or Spain call for him.  Football isn't a stagnant thing, it is ever evolving and for you as a player to bring up your level of play (and dat as a country) you have to move to the rhythm.

Right now, Donovan way ahead of most players on the US team and dey biggin up de man to Pele stature but he not willing to make the next move.  Den Donovan should step aside and give he spot to someone more hungry for the game and keep to club level football so that the international play can move up.  

Hey but that is jus me, no worries

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2006, 10:53:32 AM »
The man jealous of Beasley,i tell yuh the man is a big baby,besides i never like him since what happen with Marvin Lee,i know it was a mistake but still,he did not do enough to show that he was sorry.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2006, 11:02:18 AM »

translated:

Thats the same reason we criticise men like Denzil and Otis.

All 3 are different.

Denzil, wants to go abroad and play in a foreign league, get the chance and run back home, now scrunting for a trial.

Otis seems not to be interested in going anywhere.

Landon not interested in going anywhere is is making almost a million dollars in MLS not to mention endorsements and his lifestyel in Cali, not to mention that; if he is infact as shitty as you all say he is, then staying in the MLS is an even better idea for him.
If Otis was making big money back home, and almost 30 then i would have no probs with his willingness to stay in trini, but he cyah be making no setta money. Denzil actually want to be in foreign and run back home, Landon doh want to be in foreign.

Me personally I would want to try another league in a diff country, I dont think I could live in Germany eitehr.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2006, 11:04:27 AM »
Why Allyuh being so hard on Donovan ???

The man living in Cali, making over ah Million Dollars plus, he is the marque player in the league, He enjoying he life....and most importantly....

He Happy :chilling:

The most important thing in life is happiness...and apparently he happy and content with his life.

Ah lot of fellas saying he have no balls and all that.  How many of our players decide to play football in the US College system and end up gettin lost. They don't say "ah young and ah have talent...leh meh give this football thing 100% until about 28 and if nothing come of it...ah will go to College and get ah degree while ah still young"

We does big up we players when they get they little scholarships in the US...and we doh say they have no balls. So why be so hard on Donovan who went pro at ah young age in ah foreign country...didn't like it...gone back home...have millions ah dollars..running girls and enjoying life.............hmmmm Wait nah that sound like Theobald :rotfl:

Donovan happy and ah can't fault that.

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2006, 11:23:47 AM »
Dey say de man doh have balls boi. Which makes me think:

As has been previously stated, that balls-less man does turn up not only T&T players, but most CONCACAF players, who supposedly have balls, and do whatever he want against dem.

So it brings into question, the size of balls of the players with supposed balls, who does get turn up.

Them balls must be so small, dat dey doh even matter when compared to no balls ahtoll.  :rotfl:
Toujour Pret!

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2006, 11:26:51 AM »
Why Allyuh being so hard on Donovan ???

The man living in Cali, making over ah Million Dollars plus, he is the marque player in the league, He enjoying he life....and most importantly....

He Happy :chilling:

The most important thing in life is happiness...and apparently he happy and content with his life.

Ah lot of fellas saying he have no balls and all that.  How many of our players decide to play football in the US College system and end up gettin lost. They don't say "ah young and ah have talent...leh meh give this football thing 100% until about 28 and if nothing come of it...ah will go to College and get ah degree while ah still young"

We does big up we players when they get they little scholarships in the US...and we doh say they have no balls. So why be so hard on Donovan who went pro at ah young age in ah foreign country...didn't like it...gone back home...have millions ah dollars..running girls and enjoying life.............hmmmm Wait nah that sound like Theobald :rotfl:

Donovan happy and ah can't fault that.

I think this is a dead horse we beating.  When a player comes from TnT to play ball in a country yu doh know and to a system yu doh know and you have to take command because yu have nothing to go back home for, it is put up or shut up time I think dat is balls.  Donovan, had all the creature comforts as any normal American kid and den some.  If you tell me that the average Trini kid had half of what Donovan had, den we doh have no issue, but the average Trini chile doh have dat.  We play ball on the streets bare foot if we had to because we love de game dat much.  He jus using football as a cash cow and riding it all the way home, I guess that is how it is yes when you love football.  He doh have no balls because he could have been a impacting player in US football and he run from it.  Now he go end up on ESPN like Lalas talking bout great players.

Anyway whatever, de man doing what he want, he happy, I happy fur him yes.

1]; } ?>