April 23, 2024, 04:32:16 AM

Author Topic: Wim Rijsbergen 1-on-1 with Andre Baptiste live now !!!  (Read 6424 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wim Rijsbergen 1-on-1 with Andre Baptiste live now !!!
« on: September 23, 2006, 04:24:06 PM »
 i9.95   Andre is going  to challenge  him on his comments about the pro league and  SSFL
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 04:29:22 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wim Rijsbergen 1-on-1 with Andre Baptiste live now !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 04:41:20 PM »
 mexico would not play us  if  did not put out our the best team

he saw clubs training and they don't have enough balls and a goal post with no net etcetc

they train the under 20 and   share the field with W Connection

when the under 20 they train and it rains the field turn  muddy  like a pool

we need an artificial turf

coaches need to try to improve themselves and the players will improve  and it's impossible to be a coach in holland and germany with out a license

he say we need a coaching center for everything and  holland had one since he was 12..

« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 09:50:00 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 04:51:08 PM »
He and leo say they took the job because they believe we can qualify. they viewed the tapes an saw we need to be orgainzed in our defese and midfield

he said we were not strong enough to go foward and put pressure against England AND Sweden. He said we need the fittest guys to play  if we have the ball alot its good for  russell to play...but if we had to run and fight for the ball against england and sweden its not wise for russell to play becuase we needed player to run for the ball and chase it etcetcetc  we needed the fittest

the secondary schools dont develop players they just play them and they just want to be champs. But at national level the object of a coach its just develop youth players and not to win   games .
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 09:47:07 PM by triniman »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 04:52:43 PM »
 mexico would not if we would not if we did not put on our the best teams

he saw clubs training and they don't have enough balls and a goal post

they train the under 20 they have to  share the field with W Connection

with the under 20 when they train and it rains the field turn  muddy and like a pool

we need an artificial turf

coaches need to try to improve themselves and the players will improve  and it's impossible to be a coach in holland and germany with out a license

he say we need a coaching center for everything and he says holland had one since he was 12..

i like dat

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 05:01:37 PM »
He's making a lot of sense.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 05:03:30 PM »
Andre mentioned  people say why wim . them wim replied  why did they need them to come in the first place..

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 05:05:18 PM »
Andre asked a question about the persistence with Stern.Whim replied " How many guys are knocking at the door ?"

This is the same way I feel.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 05:14:49 PM »
he wim has nothing against nahkid .......... he gave a piece of his mind on how he should treat people ........... and he wished nahkid the best

talk done whayuhsay :rotfl:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 05:18:07 PM by triniman »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 05:16:16 PM »
he said we were not strong enough to go foward and put pressure against England AND Sweden. He said we need the fittest guys to play  if we have the ball alot its good for  russell to play...but if we had to run and fight for the ball against england and sweden its not wise for russell to play becuase we needed player to run for the ball and chase it etcetcetc  we needed the fittest

Scuse me please ...and when we got the ball ??
.... what happened was that we quickly gave it back and had to chase it again .... no Wim ...leave the latapy issue alone ...it is indefensible..
tell us about the way foward ....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 05:18:32 PM »

.... what happened was that we quickly gave it back and had to chase it again .... no Wim ...leave the latapy issue alone ...it is indefensible..
Indefensible ? Why ?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 05:19:18 PM »

why becuase it is latapy and he should play even though it aint it in the team best interest

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 05:33:29 PM »
I hope this eh one of them post where the people who was saying Beenie this and that for not playing Latapy jump on the bandwagon because they hearing a Professional give the real reason why he was not played more.I LOOKING OUT FOR ALLURE ;D

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006, 05:35:41 PM »
Sounds like I missed a good talk show.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2006, 05:38:57 PM »

why becuase it is latapy and he should play even though it aint it in the team best interest

If i tell you that you should take off your nose and have two more eyes you would probably tell  me ....  I would probably see better but how would i smell ?
I tell you why it is indefensible .... because latapy has in the past and still demonstrates that he knows what to do when he gets the ball.
all of a sudden someone says he cant play beacuse he cant chase the ball..that assomes if he does play as soon as you gave it to him he loses it and the team has to do it all again... well the team didnt use him in the first two games and what was the advantage ?
Go and look...and I am tired repeating this ....and see how many times he found Dwight and dwight found him in the 24 mins played against paraguay...a team that just gave away an own goal in the last minute against england.
How many times did latapy give the ball away or not use it effectively...how many times he offered himself to Wise as an option and was refused ...how many times he received the ball and cut through the paraguay defense...how stern now looked happy...how dwight was able to chance coming foward knowing the ball would not be lost...
How everone who you talk to after the world cup was asking why the no. 10 wasnot used more ???
How people like you could be so easily convinced to not believe what you still contnue to see..
I hope you dont see this as a personal attack it is not meant to be but i feel very strongly on the matter and am willing to put the latapy issue behind me . but that does not mean I agree with what is being said in siome quarters.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2006, 05:45:36 PM »

If i tell you that you should take off your nose and have two more eyes you would probably tell  me ....  I would probably see better but how would i smell ?
I tell you why it is indefensible .... because latapy has in the past and still demonstrates that he knows what to do when he gets the ball.
all of a sudden someone says he cant play beacuse he cant chase the ball..that assomes if he does play as soon as you gave it to him he loses it and the team has to do it all again... well the team didnt use him in the first two games and what was the advantage ?
Go and look...and I am tired repeating this ....and see how many times he found Dwight and dwight found him in the 24 mins played against paraguay...a team that just gave away an own goal in the last minute against england.
How many times did latapy give the ball away or not use it effectively...how many times he offered himself to Wise as an option and was refused ...how many times he received the ball and cut through the paraguay defense...how stern now looked happy...how dwight was able to chance coming foward knowing the ball would not be lost...
How everone who you talk to after the world cup was asking why the no. 10 wasnot used more ???
How people like you could be so easily convinced to not believe what you still contnue to see..
I hope you dont see this as a personal attack it is not meant to be but i feel very strongly on the matter and am willing to put the latapy issue behind me . but that does not mean I agree with what is being said in siome quarters.

You failed to note that Latapy was brought on in the second half after Paraguay had the lead and were looking to protect.That portion of the game was the least intense in all 3 games we played.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2006, 05:45:45 PM »

If i tell you that you should take off your nose and have two more eyes you would probably tell  me ....  I would probably see better but how would i smell ?

everybody I talk to did not disagree with how Latas was used boss.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2006, 05:54:42 PM »

You failed to note that Latapy was brought on in the second half after Paraguay had the lead and were looking to protect.That portion of the game was the least intense in all 3 games we played.

That is not the paraguay team I saw in the WC ..trying to protect ?? and from when ...before latapy came on or after ..... or I suppose they just stepped off the gas which is why latapy was able to see so much of the ball...and both teams were tired so he looked good right ?
bennie said so ...or was it wim..... in any case if they said it it must be true !

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2006, 06:32:32 PM »

That is not the paraguay team I saw in the WC ..trying to protect ?? and from when ...before latapy came on or after ..... or I suppose they just stepped off the gas which is why latapy was able to see so much of the ball...and both teams were tired so he looked good right ?
bennie said so ...or was it wim..... in any case if they said it it must be true !
It has nothing to do with what I heard. Those were my observations.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2006, 06:52:12 PM »

all of a sudden someone says he cant play beacuse he cant chase the ball

who is doubting that the question is how many times would he have had the ball  ;D Yuh really think he would ah light up england and sweden eh
Any you being a latapy fan should  know that he had been marked out of games by lesser opponents :D

Wow and what does that say?
England scored early in the game against paraguay  ;D

how dwight was able to chance coming foward knowing the ball would not be lost

Well he had no choice not to come foward in that game ent plus he was going foward when latapy was not on

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2006, 08:00:08 PM »

I vex I miss this.

So wait...Andre "the Fearless One" Baptiste didn't have Wim on the ropes?

Wim wasn't at a lorse for words with Andre's constant onslaught of pressing questions and observations?

Wim nose not bloody after this interview.....Andre didn't show him up to be a fraud?

Did Andre openly disagree with anything...and what in particular.

Or did Wim answer the questions easily while trying to stay awake   :devil:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2006, 09:38:39 PM »

I vex I miss this.

So wait...Andre "the Fearless One" Baptiste didn't have Wim on the ropes?

Wim wasn't at a lorse for words with Andre's constant onslaught of pressing questions and observations?

Wim nose not bloody after this interview.....Andre didn't show him up to be a fraud?

Did Andre openly disagree with anything...and what in particular.

Or did Wim answer the questions easily while trying to stay awake   :devil:

Andre surprisingly to me wasn't obnoxious.  He did ask some pointed questions...especially early on in the interview,  example....what the pro league needs to improve etc but Wim, while no way close to Beenhakker in terms of being articulate, I guess won him over by the forthrightness of his answers.

Andre did ask about the Nakhid incident and Wim answered it very directly.  No animosity on either side which was good to hear as I must admit, I figured Andre would have gone overboard with that issue, especially as he and Nakhid is padnah and what he Andre Baptiste had previosuly said on the topic.

nearing the end of the interview, Andre was makin joke wit de man and Wim displayed a sharp but dry sense of humor.  Example....Andre was givin some men from I95 fatigue sayin dey way out of shape to play dis football match dey supposed to play and if Wim had any suggestions for them.  Wiythout missing a beat, Wim say play on a smaller field.  Dat was quite funny.

This was by far the best interview I have heard Andre Baptiste give.  Not so much that it was a great interview or anything, but just for me, I have come to expect a setta noise from de fella and in this interview, he asked good questions and was quite civil doing so.

Just my opinion.

By the way...thanx to Triniman for providin de heads up about the interview.  I would have missed it otherwise.  Triniman gave a good synopsis of what went on as well.

Respeck Triniman.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

truetrini

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2006, 09:49:39 PM »
triniman is de most improved poster on de forum....!

He come to terms wth he canuckness and he chill with dat!

TrinInfinite

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2006, 10:55:59 PM »
He and leo say they took the job because they believe we can qualify. they viewed the tapes an saw we need to be orgainzed in our defese and midfield

the secondary schools dont develop players they just play them and they just want to be champs. But at national level the object of a coach its just develop youth players and not to win   games .

agreed we did need the fittest guys 2 play, but introducing latas for 20mins or 15 mins wouldnt have killed us, we lost 2-0 in the ending, at least if latas came on and we lost 2-0, we still would have created opportunities to score... honestly it still hurts my heart tuh see latas not play, hopefully one day we have a local coach who can see the ability of our players and put it 2gether on the field, instead of foreign coaches, SH may be the man in time, hopefully, but for now locals arent ready and intl coaches rule....
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 11:37:53 PM by TrinInfinite »

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2006, 01:57:54 AM »
Allyuh fellas still defending the decision to bench Latapy?

I done, I realize debate on this issue or questioning Beenie on this forum is an invitation for a cussout, and if yuh pelt stone back, yuh getting a warning.

Indefensible ? Why ?

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2006, 07:16:49 AM »
Most of what Wim said made sense. But I believe benching Latas was a mistake. He should have been used in the last 30 min of each game.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2006, 07:54:49 AM »

the secondary schools dont develop players they just play them and they just want to be champs. But at national level the object of a coach its just develop youth players and not to win   games .

agreed we did need the fittest guys 2 play, but introducing latas for 20mins or 15 mins wouldnt have killed us, we lost 2-0 in the ending, at least if latas came on and we lost 2-0, we still would have created opportunities to score... honestly it still hurts my heart tuh see latas not play, hopefully one day we have a local coach who can see the ability of our players and put it 2gether on the field, instead of foreign coaches, SH may be the man in time, hopefully, but for now locals arent ready and intl coaches rule....

that wha wrong with you all latapy muss play he must not get bench a whole game . They are only human and they didwhat they thought was best fuh the team ... So it eh hurt yuh heart that jason scotland eh play also?

TrinInfinite

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2006, 09:32:48 AM »

that wha wrong with you all latapy muss play he must not get bench a whole game . They are only human and they didwhat they thought was best fuh the team ... So it eh hurt yuh heart that jason scotland eh play also?

yea it did, scotland should have played, johns extended run was bullshit and wim made an idiotic statement by saying who else we have, thats bullshit, so right there i dont agree with him on that neither, scotland should have gotten a run regardless...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2006, 10:18:34 AM »

yea it did, scotland should have played, johns extended run was bullshit and wim made an idiotic statement by saying who else we have, thats bullshit, so right there i dont agree with him on that neither, scotland should have gotten a run regardless...

idiotic statement? But who else is  there to challenge stern john for that starting spot in the wc?  zamora  was not elligible? you would bench yuh best striker? well yes thats why they are the coaches and we are not ....  everybody is coach now

TrinInfinite

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2006, 10:34:16 AM »

idiotic statement? But who else is there to challenge stern john for that starting spot in the wc? zamora was not elligible? you would bench yuh best striker? well yes thats why they are the coaches and we are not .... everybody is coach now

schupsss, yuh missin de point, playing another striker wouldnt have killed us bc stern at times did not do anything, i was there, i saw it live bredda, i not trying to a b a coach but im also not a conformist, i make statements bout tings i see and observe, i wont juss sit here and be docile and agree with everything de whip says bc some of it is real shit, if your main striker is not striking at least try another striker, so whip and dem have no guile if dey didnt?

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2006, 10:50:40 AM »
TI, you biting hard today boy.  ;D

1]; } ?>