March 28, 2024, 01:37:36 PM

Author Topic: Paraguay match ball on Ebay  (Read 4981 times)

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Paraguay match ball on Ebay
« on: September 24, 2006, 07:39:24 PM »
Received an email in my WN account regarding the auctioning of the official match ball on Ebay. Check it out: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250031955943&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:2

truetrini

Re: Paraguay match ball on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 10:24:28 PM »
see how de man big up T&T?

yuh feel he mamaguying we so we could bid on he ball?

we weer one of de most popular teams though

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 03:46:14 AM »
At time of this post last bid was US $305 and they are now asking for US $310 minimum.

I would personally prefer to bid on the historic T&T vs Sweden match ball as I was happier with the performance of our team in that game plus it was the ball that was used in our 1st historic World Cup game!

Come on guys! One of you rich & patriotic members of this forum should make an effort to secure this ball on behalf of the Warrior Nation.
We also need to secure the historic T&T vs Sweden ball and place it in a museum in T&T. Ah wonder who has that ball & where it is?
Can someone do some research?
Maybe the Ministry of Sports in T&T can step in?!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 03:47:58 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 08:03:44 AM »
Dis fellah have to know how to market de ball for big bids

He hadda add the words "This is the ball that Latapy touched" or "The ball that Latapy last played before international retirement"

Anyway ah see tallman peltin money at dem on de last bid
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 08:42:30 AM »
I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole...by the man's own admission, there are a few of these official match balls, which makes this one less valuable.

I think a more useful idea would be to ask some of the players to display their match shirts in a museum, much like Ato had/has his Olympic medals in a bank in Port of Spain.  :beermug:

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 11:49:47 AM »
Come on guys! One of you rich & patriotic members of this forum should make an effort to secure this ball on behalf of the Warrior Nation.
We also need to secure the historic T&T vs Sweden ball and place it in a museum in T&T. Ah wonder who has that ball & where it is?

I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole...by the man's own admission, there are a few of these official match balls, which makes this one less valuable.

There were 15 match balls made for each match with the team names printed on them. So this is one of 15. For the final they did a run of 1600 balls with Italy and France printed on.

http://www.soccerballworld.com/Teamgeist.htm

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 05:50:29 PM »
De ball ended up selling for $788 + $50 (S/H).
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>