June 16, 2024, 04:18:48 PM

Author Topic: Convert Trinidad Education to a US Education  (Read 2975 times)

Offline Marky NYC

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Convert Trinidad Education to a US Education
« on: September 25, 2006, 10:48:13 AM »
Hello All,

I know this is way off topic for this site but I was hoping maybe someone can assist me, I am looking for info on how to go about Converting a Trinidad Education to a US Education, so that it is recognized in the US??

Does anyone know the answer to this, has anyone here ever done it??

I live in NY and I am looking for a school at the moment to continue my education, I will be seeking a Bachelors In Business Management and then on to a Masters, so I am not sure if the Trinidad Education can help with any shortcuts of even credits ect....

I attended Mt. Hope Junior Sec and then El-Dorado Senior, don't know if that helps.

Any help will be appreciated.

Tks,
Marky

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Convert Trinidad Education to a US Education
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 12:31:58 PM »
As far as I know, several companies exist that perform this service. They take your qualifications and make an assessment with respect to US qualifications.
One company that I know of is Spantran (on the web www.spantran.com). This was used in Texas, but if you check it out, it might give you an idea as to how to proceed.

cheers.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Marky NYC

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 12:54:44 PM »
Cantona007 thank you very much fo rthe info but that site is down.

Do you have any others??

Tks,
Mark

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 01:01:46 PM »
Cantona007 thank you very much fo rthe info but that site is down.

The site is http://www.spantran-edu.com/
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Marky NYC

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 01:23:08 PM »
Thank you very much guys.

Mark

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 01:29:43 PM »

Mark
No problem... like I said, I had used Spantran in Texas and the process was fairly painless; just submit your docs and they do the assessment and send it to you. There are other companies as well...
Thanks, Tallest for correcting the website; it's been a while since I had to use it.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Marky NYC

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 01:34:42 PM »

Mark
No problem... like I said, I had used Spantran in Texas and the process was fairly painless; just submit your docs and they do the assessment and send it to you. There are other companies as well...
Thanks, Tallest for correcting the website; it's been a while since I had to use it.

With my Trinidad Junior sec and Senior comprehensive Education, any chance of them turning that into a bachelors?? will I be even close to a bachelors or will I still have a long way to go??

Tks,
Mark

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 01:46:59 PM »
My wife just recently went through this process and the downside of these independent companies is that they don't fully understand and appreciate the English system and grading. So where you think you got great marks in a particular field, it may be just ok here.
Press on however and do a bit of research.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »

Mark

With my Trinidad Junior sec and Senior comprehensive Education, any chance of them turning that into a bachelors?? will I be even close to a bachelors or will I still have a long way to go??
No chance at all. The best you could probably hope for is to get a few credits for some of the courses, but you will have to do tests.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 02:54:23 PM »
I can't comment on the US but I know when I was evulated here in Canada.. I ended up having to repeat a lot of work.. ah breeze though

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 03:34:50 PM »

Mark

Tks,
Mark

boss, let meh understand what yuh asking:

yuh want to see if yuh could get Bachelor degree recognition from a secondary school education?

or

yuh want someone to translate yuh secondary school transcript into a format that a US College/University could recognise with the intention of them giving yuh the appropriate credit towards a Bachelor degree?

if it's the latter, the College I went to, only look at my A Level results and even then I only get credit for ah B in GP. I get D's in Physics & Bio and they would not give me any science credit. For other Trinis in the school, the credit policy was kinda random, varied from dept to dept, but bottom line was they only considered A Level results for credits.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 03:37:31 PM by grimm01 »

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 04:59:40 PM »
jr sec and sr sec into ah BA

:rotfl:

ah know allyuh go cuss meh but ah cyar help it ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 07:57:06 PM »
Morvie ya wicked

Marky from my experience, A Levels passes were enough fur credit fur "some" University courses. O'Levels have nothing over here.
SAT exams are your best choice to tell you dey truth.

I doh know bout de US of A, but in Canada for example if ya get like ah A in A levels dat is considered 4 credits ah B is maybe 3 credits and so on.

Best person to respond to dis thread is Mr Teacher Organic

Hope dat help.

As for Junior and Senior Secondary education...is not dey school - is dey chile and parent :beermug:

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 08:20:17 PM »
SAT and ACT are college entrance tests.

Yuh need to take CLEP fuh college credits or if yuh have military experience and schooling..DANTES / DSST Tests.
Or if yuh already take AP  (advanced placement) classes in High School.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 11:56:03 PM »
I went to school in NY. Just took my details to the school and they did the calculation. Didn't get much credits though and ended up doing over stuff but it was a breeze.

Found out that could actually do A level Math ....... because their system is so slow.

1]; } ?>