April 28, 2024, 01:28:02 AM

Author Topic: Tribute to the greatest Tennis player EVER!  (Read 3626 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tribute to the greatest Tennis player EVER!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 12:42:23 PM »
Itink serena could beat him  ;)
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 05:29:05 PM »
Itink serena could beat him  ;)
Literally maybe.  But not in a game of tennis.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 09:59:34 AM »
I've never seen 1 of games fully ,just a few sets .Somehow he dosen't capture me,which might be to bad.Cause he winning everyting,but I wonder if he coulda beat Sampras,Agassi or Courior in there primes .Am thinking Sampras is still the best ,before they change the balls ,to stop him from aceing everything.!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 10:41:21 AM »
I've never seen 1 of games fully ,just a few sets .Somehow he dosen't capture me,which might be to bad.Cause he winning everyting,but I wonder if he coulda beat Sampras,Agassi or Courior in there primes .Am thinking Sampras is still the best ,before they change the balls ,to stop him from aceing everything.!!

My opinion?  Best ever.  Federer simply has too many shots for any tennis player living or dead.  He is phenomenal.  If ever you get the opportunity, check him out.  He makes me want to watch tennis when he is playing.  Indeed, he is the Tiger Woods of tennis.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 11:07:59 AM »
federer is by far the best...even agassi said wen he was playing against pete sampras in his prime that you still felt ok get a grip on the serve and yuh could put pete on the backfoot. With federer he has no apparent weakness...Strong serve...excellent return game and no apparent weak stroke...
Back in Trini...

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 11:24:31 AM »
I will have to check him out next wimbleton or french open....am thinking his claim to the greatest tho
is filled with weaker compitition and improved training systems<not saying hes not .But he never had to play sampras ,courior,agassi ,lindyl,becker,chan ,borg,ivanichovic ,edberg noah ect to rack up titles.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 12:18:03 PM by Compre Version 2:0 »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 11:56:52 AM »
I will have to check him out next wimbleton or french open....am thinking his claim to the greatest tho
is filled with weaker compitition and improved training systems<not saying hes not .But he never had to play sampras ,courior,agassi ,lindyl,becker,chan ,borg,ivanichovic ect to rack up titles.

Just check him out and den come chat after.

Respeck.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 12:19:28 PM »
Fer real,I will ,ah tink ah see him win wimblrton once but the match was kinda short lol .

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 12:33:50 PM »
Fer real,I will ,ah tink ah see him win wimblrton once but the match was kinda short lol .
compre de man win de last 3 us open and about 4 wimbledon in a row.at 25 he alredy has 9 grand slams.pete finished his carreer on 14.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 01:22:25 PM »
federer has a weakness and he name is nadal. nadal still own he arse although this could change. but federer is better than sampras who was the high water mark in men's tennis.

ah fella here at work is an avid tennis player and was telling me that federer has a mental weakness and nadal plays a game where he saves shots that should be point-winnders - like michael chang kind of style. that upsets federer's psyche. but once he solves nadal (and it looks like the last encounter he did), then he is unstoppable. didn't he have some record number of consecutive matches won - and the streak only stopped because he played 12 matches in 12 days or some kind of none sense like that. he's the best right now.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 01:31:32 PM »
What make him better ,opinion or titles .If he was playing in them men era whould he have racked up so many consecutive titles ?
Ribbit so nadal brtter than sampras ?

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 02:05:22 PM »
nadal is the best clay court player currently..that is the only place he beating federer with any consistency....
federer has owned the tour on the other surfaces...
nadal is gets to some shots that u wud think are definite point winners
but federer also has a mental edge...he never gives up any points easy..for example a guy will play a shot that many would not run down but federer will and make the opponent just have to play that one extra shot to win the point...his mentality is i never giving up any easy points...also he used to have a bit of an attitude but now it seems he has it all under control and seems to own everyone else on the tour...including nadal except on clay and even on clay nadal doesnt beat him with any ease.
that is de difference with federer and other greats such as sampras..sampras was almost woeful on clay as it neutralized his big serve and volley game...federer jus has more tools in his arsenal than any player i have seen in the last 12 years (bout how long i been playing and following tennis)
Back in Trini...

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 02:50:56 PM »
What make him better ,opinion or titles .If he was playing in them men era whould he have racked up so many consecutive titles ?
Ribbit so nadal brtter than sampras ?

ah saying federer is better than sampras was at his prime. purely subjective judgement. honestly, when sampras retired, i didn't think there would be any tennis player that would come along and dominate like when sampras was in his prime. but federer has outdone sampras's domination. a comparison might be: federer is to sampras like what tiger is to nicklaus.

not sure where nadal ranks relative to sampras. yes, nadal has an unusual ability to beat federer. but tennis (and sports in general) not like maths. a can beat b, b can beat c but that doh mean a can beat c. [aside: they call this transitivity in maths].

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 10:27:19 AM »
nadal has an unusual ability to beat federer

to this point, nadal only has this unusual ability on clay.  Several people used to consistently get the better of Sampras on clay courts, as a matter of fact in all his years on top Sampras only ever made the semifinals of the French Open one time.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 11:43:16 AM »
nadal has beaten him 4 times for this year.3 times on clay.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2006, 10:34:47 AM »
I've not followed tennis for a number of years so I really can't comment. however, back in the day I was ah real fan and used to folow things tite..

my favs..

1. Becker
2. Bjorn Borg
3. Ivan lendl

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2006, 11:22:03 AM »
I've not followed tennis for a number of years so I really can't comment. however, back in the day I was ah real fan and used to folow things tite..

my favs..

1. Becker
2. Bjorn Borg
3. Ivan lendl

Roger Federer will make you a fan again.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 11:52:44 AM »

my favs..

1. Becker
2. Bjorn Borg
3. Ivan lendl

stefan edberg was the player i liked the most when i followed tennis. used to try and emulate tennis player serves. i had "the mcenroe", "the edberg", "the becker" and "the lendl". edberg turn out to be real chauvinist in real life  :( .

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 06:05:26 AM »

De breast have tuh be ANNA.  ;D ;D ;D
Ah want de woman on de bass

1]; } ?>