April 23, 2024, 01:02:26 PM

Author Topic: Where did you stay during the WC and did you like Germany?  (Read 9165 times)

Offline PhilIMG

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Sport News, Live Sports, Results
Where did you stay during the WC and did you like Germany?
« on: September 26, 2006, 02:35:57 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am a journalist from Germany and am currently writing on an article concerning our foreign guests during the soccer World Cup. Since I am a big fan of the Soca Warriors (I saw their test match in Hamburg against St. Pauli and the WC-match against England) I hope that some of you can help me with my inquiry.

Could you please post your answers to the following questions:

1. How long did you stay in Germany?
2. Did you have WC-tickets or did you buy them in Germany?
3. In which hotels were you accomodated and were you satisfied with your hotel?
4. Did you arrange your stay by yourself or did you use a travel agency?
5. What is your opinion about Germany, the Germans and would you like to return to Germany for holidays?

Thanks alot for your help guys !!!

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Where did you stay during the WC and did you like Germany?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 03:14:19 AM »
1 two weeks

2 I had tickets

3 Hotel austitz (spelling) Dusseldorf, Hotel Hofler Nuremberg, Comfort Inn Munich, Motel 1 Frankfurt all were great especially Hofler where they had set up football posts for us !

4 By ourselves and also www.bookings.de

5 Germany was fantastic, the hospitality was amazing * and I would defintely return.

* Germans sense of time and distance is seriously skewed ! if a german tells you a bar/station/stadium is 5 minutes / 1 km away multiply by 3 at least ! ;D
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 05:04:01 AM »
1 Two weeks

2  Had tickets

3  The customary "Hotel Ibis" in Koln;  guest house in  berlin.

4  One of my best friends in London (Roger Prince) made ALL THE BOOKINGS.  He is a GREAT organizer and is well-travelled in Germany and other places.

5 Germany was/is an absolutely FABULOUS country that makes me feel RIPPED-OFF living in the USA and regret not coming before when I had a chance to do so in the military.  Germany (and europe on the whole) is expensive (fast food, clothing,) but the services and rail system definitely made every euro I spent worth spending and I shall return to see if the German people are as hospitable as this outside of a major event like this. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 05:53:56 AM »
1.  17 days

2.  Got tickets from the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation

3.  Stayed in each of the 3 cities that we played in (or just outside), at the Maifield Dortmond, Nurnberg Airport Hotel, Kurpark Hotel, in Werl, Nurnberg and Bad Durkaiem.

4.  A travel agency in Trinidad that gave us FIFA accredited hotels

5.  Germans were wonderfull and very helpfull.  They were efficient in their time keeping (something that were are not accustomed to in trinidad).  I will visit Germany next year!! I would also agree with superoli by saying that they tell you 500 metres walk when in reality it is a couple of miles....but they were great

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 06:07:37 AM »

1 week

I got my tickets via the Trinidad and aTobago Football federation

stayed at the Best Western in Rodgau, Frankfurt with 6 other friends.

My friends and I made the arrangements together.

5. What is your opinion about Germany, the Germans and would you like to return to Germany for holidays?

I found the German people to be very helpful and at times going out of their way to help. They are a very efficient people. What impress me the most besides the beer  ;D, was the transportation system...on time most times.....and Yes! I would return, once the opportunity presents itself.
 :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 06:11:21 AM by Tongue »

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 07:08:16 AM »
1. 12 days

2. I got my tickets before via the Trinidad and Tobago Football federation

3. I stayed in Derag Hotel and Living Appartements, Johann Wolfgang in Frankfurt

4. I arranged the trip along with 4 other family members

5. Germany was fantastic, and I was surprised at the excellent hospitality and generosity showed by the German people, and I am planning to return in the near future.

Offline trinibug

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 08:00:36 AM »
1. 5 Days
2. Got tickets from the Trinidad and Tobago Football federation
3. Novotel Düsseldorf Airport Hotel, Ratingen. The hotel was a bit out of town, But very quiet, peaceful.
4. Booked it online at the last minute.
5. I was only in Düsseldorf, Dortmund and Koln for a short time, but I had a great time. Very friendly people. I met a nice group of Germans in a bar in the altstadt during the Germany - Costa Rica Match, we drank way too much beer, and they taught me some drinking songs.
The public transportation was excellent (I wish the powers in the US could see that we don't all need cars to go get some bread).
Surprisingly, the thing I miss the most, is not the excellent beer. It's the coffee. A cup of coffee from a kiosk in the Düsseldorf HBF is miles ahead of the most expensive Starbucks. I started each day with a pastry and coffee in the HBF.

I'm already looking into a return in a few years. I'd definitely spend more time and see more of the country.
Must rhyme with an O

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 08:01:24 AM »

13 days

Bought world cup tickets from fifa before T&T qualified and crossed my fingers and toes..

Home Hotel in Haan 40 mins from Dortmund for 3 days. Excellent! Then rented an apartment guest house in the rural town of Usingen, 40 mins from Frankfurt. Best ever, the hospitality was amazing and the townfolk were ecstatic to have us stay there.

Arranged it by myself using HRS booking site and another site to find the apartment.

Exceeded my wildest expectations and would definitely visit again. Germans were very hospitable, friendly, welcoming and genuine, i think everyone who went was taken aback by what they encountered.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 08:27:28 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am a journalist from Germany and am currently writing on an article concerning our foreign guests during the soccer World Cup. Since I am a big fan of the Soca Warriors (I saw their test match in Hamburg against St. Pauli and the WC-match against England) I hope that some of you can help me with my inquiry.

Q1. How long did you stay in Germany?
A1. 4 days. I live in London so I traveled over for our 1st game against Sweden and our last game against Paraguay.

Q2. Did you have WC-tickets or did you buy them in Germany?
A2. Got advanced tickets via our Warrior Nation supporters club of which most of us here are members. You are also welcomed to join, just go to www.theWarriorNation.com to register!  8)

Q3. In which hotels were you accommodated and were you satisfied with your hotel?
A3. For the T&T vs Sweden game we drove from London & stayed at the Fans Camp in Dortmund next to the stadium, memorable experience. Very basic accommodation but the opposing Swedish fans were quite friendly and we really partied for most of the time. The drive however there and back was quite tiring. For the T&T vs Paraguay game I came over the day before by coach & stayed in a hotel in Luxemburg. We then drove over to Germany the day of the match (via coach) and drove back to the hotel after the game leaving the day after (via coach).

Q4. Did you arrange your stay by yourself or did you use a travel agency?
A4. Arranged ourselves.

Q5. What is your opinion about Germany, the Germans and would you like to return to Germany for holidays?
A5. The Germans were excellent hosts and made me feel like I was back in Trinidad & Tobago, such was their warm support for my T&T team. I was also happy with how you highlighted that Peter Crouch hair-pulling incident in your media after the T&T vs England game while the media back here in England were deafeningly silent and even congratulated Crouch on a brilliant goal. The bastards!  :devil:
Yes I'll be back in Germany, in fact I am already planning to come back over next year summer for your Trini style Carnival and look forward to seeing many of you Germans who supported our Soca Warriors in T&T for our carnival early next year as well!

Regards
Socapro
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 09:13:56 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline goalmember

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 08:39:44 AM »
1.  8 days.
2.  Purchased tickets from the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation.
3.  I stayed at the Wein Michel Darmstadt and I would give the hotel a rating of 7.5 out of 10.
4.  I handled all the logistics.
5.  Germany, with its picturesque landscape, is a beautiful place, I would definitely consider returning.  Apart from a couple instances cultural differences and unmet expectations, the Germans on the whole were excellent hosts.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 08:48:11 AM »

1. 2 weeks

2. We had tickets through the TTFF & FIFA lottery prior to reaching Germany.

3. We did not stay in a hotel, we stayed in a friend's apartment.

4. We made all arrangements ourselves.

5. We had a grand time in Germany, the people were very friendly and helpful and we never felt uncomfortable or threatened. I will definitely visit Germany again.

I was really impressed by the condition of the Autobahn and the driving discipline of German drivers. I wish US drivers would get their fat asses off their cell phones and out of the left lane like Germans (my pet peeve).

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 09:35:59 AM »
12 Days

We had tickets beforehand.

Hotel Ibis, Offenbach: Best Western Alexander Am Zoo, Frankfurt: Jolly Hotel Vivaldi,  Berlin.

TTFF and on my own.

We definitely loved Germany!!! Everywhere the people were exceptionally warm, hotel staff, passengers on the train etc: Berlin was amazing and my 14yr old son took a day trip to Koln and loved it. We also felt very safe everwhere, even late at night.Also as someone mentioned, my wife said she had the best coffee in the Best Western Alexander Am Zoo. We would definitely love to come back, as we did not have time to see so many things that we only read about.
The only bad experience is my sony video camera was stolen in Dortmund off of my kid's stroller.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 11:34:37 AM by samo »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 09:52:53 AM »
Hi everyone,

2 weeks 3 days

Had tickets to all 3 TT games and Ghana vs US game before hand

Bed and breakfast in Nurnberg arranged through a friend who lives in Germany.  Very satisfied, excellent customer service

As above

Had an excellent trip.  The frenzy of the world cup coupled w/the helpfulness of many random Germans on the street to assist us w/transportation, restaurants etc was welcoming.  On two occasions, random people came up to me to ask if "I felt welcome here" and asked a similar question to this one posed here (if I'd return for a holiday etc).

One piece of "foul" news, since you are a journalist, 4 friends of mine went to the wrong night club in Frankfurt and got into a fist fight in which they were severely outnumbered by the bouncers.  The cops came and made apologies for how they were treated (they were denied entry which subsequently lead to the fist fight).  The incident was covered on the local paper the next day.

Incidents such as this one to the best of my knowledge were def. in the minority.  Other than that, from all reports everyone I knew had a wonderful time and were completely welcomed.

Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 10:16:05 AM »
One of the six mentioned by Mr. Tongue below. For the fellas that know me personally (will shake their heads when reading this) you all expect this from me...

I hope you don't mind me straying from your  5 questions as I would like to make other comments. The fellas already tell you how nice your contry and people are so you eh need me to mamaguy you any more.

It was the first time I ever came across so many cigarette machines in my life. Left me wondering how much you guys pay for health care. The smokers (not sure if it was the visitors) but.. for such a clean country (BTW, I now live in Canada and we place real clean as well) it was not the most pleasing to the eye, especially outside the train stations to see so many butts on the ground. Further, the hotel that we stayed in (see hotel comments below) allowed people to smoke in the lobby. Not only was it hard to enjoy some of your great coffee in the morning  there, I had concerns for the hotel staff (desk) who had to endure all that smoke.

Hotel.. not sure if this was the norm in germany but, the internet sites should say that the rooms are air conditioned or not... I had a hard time sleeping with the time change and when you add the inside temp of the room..  :( More should be said about the "Free breakfast"... what a treat... nice to have a solid breakfast every morning.

Speaking bout breakfast.. don't flies "pest" Germans? For some reason everywhere in and around Frankfurt had tons of flies. Someone told us that this was diue to the warn temps... but I didn't see anyone being as bothered with the fly problem as me.

Food.. there was a variety to choose from and as a confessed food o holic I was in meh glory. However... what's the deal with the 1/4 slice of bread with the sausage? For one, you have to ask for bread/bun with them big sausage thats so famous in Germany, and when you did get a piece of bread it was very small... the bread was almost like a holding device for the sausage  :rotfl:

Ah lil more choice for vegetarians would be nice. And someone should tell dem Indian Rest. that those round crackers that could break man jaw is NOT roti. An area where some Trini expertise could help out.

yea and tell KFC, Burger king etc that we should not have to pay for ketchup..1 lil pack of ketchup is NOT enough.

Ladies... it's not attractive to have funk..especially in the am on the train ride. BTW..did most of the beautiful (hope my wife eh ketch this post) German ladies go on vacation while the WC was in session? Or maybe we rode the train when people already went to work, school etc? BTW.. I came across a street in frankfurtwith a lot of shops with red lights (at night it was particulary busy) and the staff working there (ladies) wore very revealing clothes... I'm guesing this was due to the unexpected heat wave?  :angel:

Speaking about vacation.. did families leave the main cities during the WC? I stayed a little over a week and probably only came across 1-2 children.

OH.. ah jus remember.. tell the Hotels to invest is some "Charmin" that sand paper they have that they refer to as toilet paper is harsh... and please place a warning sign next to toilet..Step away when flushing... that thing could suck ah grown man in!

Thank the lord I didn't have to run the magnesia marathon.. I would have been posting form Jail right now. Cause if I had to stop to find money to use the facilities during this time-limited occasion I would have  seriously knock-down the bathroom guard. Pay to kaka..  :rotfl: that really is the bess oui!

I'll stop here before the German Embassy take away my visa...

Overall... a great country, with just as wonderful people and many cherished memories with amazing friends. My one regret is not staying much longer and not being able to see what those shops with the red lights were selling.

* The one thing that I tell people about my trip to Germany is... One only had to have a confused look on their face and someone would come up and ask if they could help.

I was hoping to return to Germany next summer with my family, but I've been out voted for Aruba so itll have to wait until 2008 or did someone say European Championships with a stop over in Germany?

Before I forget..It have 2 Trinis and 1 Canadian going around saying that Berlin is not a good place to visit though they got severly drunk and talked about their Berlin vist for 3 days :)

« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 11:18:09 AM by Jumbie »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2006, 10:33:06 AM »
a couple more observations....

One of the most shocking sights in Frankfurt was de stray rabbits in de parks at midnight... thats right... STRAY RABBITS cavorting all over de place like rodents.. i couldnt believe it... all i was tinking is how nice dem coulda go down in a curry...

Also, the hardest thing to find in germany is ICE.. couldn't find it in de supermarket, and only a few gas stations... this is just based on my experience, but a couple others well concurred with this..  as a result we drink real hot beers and straight scotch and rum...

but overall the place was really nice..

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 10:43:07 AM »
I will visit Germany next year!!

ah love it!!

Why yuh going back to Germany next year? :thinking:
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 10:47:50 AM »
I was one a de 6 friends wit Tongue and Jumbie and ah have to say....my MAJOR PEEVE wit Germany even doh it seem like a European ting was de lack of ICE!!!

Lawd.....place hot and yuh cyah find nutting cole to quench yuh thirst.

Ah talk to some German and dey say is a cultural ting.  If yuh put ice in a drink, dey feel like if de vendor rippin dem off.  Well all I go say is...me eh care nah....I woulda eat de damn ice by itself.  Dem vendors was lookin at yuh like if yuh ask dem to kill dey children when yuh ask fuh ICE sah.

De only other noticebale thing I noticed about Germany...particularly Frankfurt & Leipzig was the amount of graffiti.  That was a little surprising to see.  I felt it took away a lil bit from the overall sights.

Everything else, I wholeheartedly endorse the sentiments expressed by the other posters and will definitely return to Germany for a visit.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2006, 11:02:11 AM »
It is surprise to see this post as I was just watching a cd of the Germany trip.

1. 2 wks
2 . I got tickets from the TTPro League
3. Maifeld Weir, Arvena Kongress Bayreuth and Kurpark Bad Durkheim. Bad Durkheim was a little too far. The last tram was at 12:00. We had to taxi from manheim 2 nights including after  the Paraguay game.
4. Go4 Less them fellas real good they organise everything
5. Great experience looking forward to see if all the myths about Germany are false. So I want to see how I will be treated when the soca warriors are not in town.

PS We got ice in the Arvena Kongress and the best food was had in Holland.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 11:10:28 AM »
One of the six mentioned by Mr. Tongue below. For the fellas that know me personally (will shake their heads when reading this) you all expect this from me...I hope you don't mind me straying from your 5 questions as I would like to make other comments. The fellas already tell you how nice your contry and people are so you eh need me to mamaguy you any more.

It was the first time I ever came across so many cigarette machines in my life. Left me wondering how much you guys pay for health care. The smokers (not sure if it was the visitors) but.. for such a clean country (BTW, I now live in Canada and we place real clean as well) it was not the most pleasing to the eye, especially outside the train stations to see so many butts on the ground. Further, the hotel that we stayed in (see hotel comments below) allowed people to smoke in the lobby. Not only was it hard to enjoy some of your great coffee in the morning there, I had concerns for the hotel staff (desk) who had to endure all that smoke.

Hotel.. not sure if this was the norm in germany but, the internet sites should say that the rooms are air conditioned or not... I had a hard time sleeping with the time change and when you add the inside temp of the room.. :( More should be said about the "Free breakfast"... what a treat... nice to have a solid breakfast every morning.

Speaking bout breakfast.. don't flies "pest" Germans? For some reason everywhere in and around Frankfurt had tons of flies. Someone told us that this was diue to the warn temps... but I didn't see anyone being as bothered with the fly problem as me.

Food.. there was a variety to choose from and as a confessed food o holic I was in meh glory. However... what's the deal with the 1/4 slice of bread with the sausage? For one, you have to ask for bread/bun with them big sausage thats so famous in Germany, and when you did get a piece of bread it was very small... the bread was almost like a holding device for the sausage :rotfl:

Ah lil more choice for vegetarians would be nice. And someone should tell dem Indian Rest. that those round crackers that could break man jaw is NOT roti. An area where some Trini expertise could help out.

yea and tell KFC, Burger king etc that we should not have to pay for ketchup..1 lil pack of ketchup is NOT enough.

Ladies... it's not attractive to have funk..especially in the am on the train ride. BTW..did most of the beautiful (hope my wife eh ketch this post) German ladies go on vacation while the WC was in session? Or maybe we rode the train when people already went to work, school etc? BTW.. I came across a street in frankfurtwith a lot of shops with red lights (at night it was particulary busy) and the staff working there (ladies) wore very revealing clothes... I'm guesing this was due to the unexpected heat wave? :angel:

Speaking about vacation.. did families leave the main cities during the WC? I stayed a little over a week and probably only came across 1-2 children.

OH.. ah jus remember.. tell the Hotels to invest is some "Charmin" that sand paper they have that they refer to as toilet paper is harsh... and please place a warning sign next to toilet..Step away when flushing... that thing could suck ah grown man in!

Overall... a great country, with just as wonderful people and many cherished memories with amazing friends. My one regret is not staying much longer and not being able to see what those shops with the red lights were selling.

* The one thing that I tell people about my trip to Germany is... One only had to have a confused look on their face and someone would come up and ask if they could help.

I was hoping to return to Germany next summer with my family, but I've been out voted for Aruba so itll have to wait until 2008 or did someone say European Championships with a stop over in Germany?

Before I forget..It have 2 Trinis and 1 Canadian going around saying that Berlin is not a good place to visit though they got severly drunk and talked about their Berlin vist for 3 days :)

only shakin meh head!...shims if yuh didden take dis angle ah wouldah been disappointed. :-)...also yuh have tuh remember the nice oman didden comeout until the English leave eh!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 11:12:58 AM by Tongue »

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 11:11:02 AM »
Hi everyone,

1. 18 days

2. Got my tickets from FIFA, TTFF and the Warrior Nation ( 7 total)

3. Well I was lucky to hook up with a German Host, I stayed at his place in Frankfurt ( Offenbach). My stay was great.

4. I did everything myself.

5. My experience was a good one. Much better than I expected. I dunno where jumbie stayed, but I got the pleasure of meeting some sweet/beautiful girls in Germany...the only problem was most of them was foreigners  ;D so I guess he was right about the German girls. I would definitlely return, especially since I know I have a place to stay for free  ;D (Thanks voodoofoo  :beermug: )

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2006, 11:19:58 AM »
One of the six mentioned by Mr. Tongue below. For the fellas that know me personally (will shake their heads when reading this) you all expect this from me...I hope you don't mind me straying from your 5 questions as I would like to make other comments. The fellas already tell you how nice your contry and people are so you eh need me to mamaguy you any more.

It was the first time I ever came across so many cigarette machines in my life. Left me wondering how much you guys pay for health care. The smokers (not sure if it was the visitors) but.. for such a clean country (BTW, I now live in Canada and we place real clean as well) it was not the most pleasing to the eye, especially outside the train stations to see so many butts on the ground. Further, the hotel that we stayed in (see hotel comments below) allowed people to smoke in the lobby. Not only was it hard to enjoy some of your great coffee in the morning there, I had concerns for the hotel staff (desk) who had to endure all that smoke.

Hotel.. not sure if this was the norm in germany but, the internet sites should say that the rooms are air conditioned or not... I had a hard time sleeping with the time change and when you add the inside temp of the room.. :( More should be said about the "Free breakfast"... what a treat... nice to have a solid breakfast every morning.

Food.. there was a variety to choose from and as a confessed food o holic I was in meh glory. However... what's the deal with the 1/4 slice of bread with the sausage? For one, you have to ask for bread/bun with them big sausage thats so famous in Germany, and when you did get a piece of bread it was very small... the bread was almost like a holding device for the sausage :rotfl:

Ladies... it's not attractive to have funk..especially in the am on the train ride. BTW..did most of the beautiful (hope my wife eh ketch this post) German ladies go on vacation while the WC was in session? Or maybe we rode the train when people already went to work, school etc? BTW.. I came across a street in frankfurtwith a lot of shops with red lights (at night it was particulary busy) and the staff working there (ladies) wore very revealing clothes... I'm guesing this was due to the unexpected heat wave? :angel:

only shakin meh head!...shims if yuh didden take dis angle ah wouldah been disappointed. :-)...also yuh have tuh remember the nice oman didden comeout until the English leave eh!

yea, you rite about that... who Invited the Englsh in the fust place?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2006, 11:32:11 AM »
Trinbagonians  :applause: :cheers:

a more fickle people you couldnt ask for..ting start off nice yuh know,, kudos and props

den jumbie buss dong de door..ALL hell break loose

"It ha to much kissmihass rabbit in de park"

"whey de womans an dem was?"

"too much blasted fly"

"de bread too small fuh de meat"

"ah cyah get ah piece ah ice to suck when mornin come"

"is troot is troot, lawd de place hot"

"de german an dem cyah judge distance"

ah miss anyting?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2006, 11:52:07 AM »
Trinbagonians  :applause: :cheers:

a more fickle people you couldnt ask for..ting start off nice yuh know,, kudos and props

den jumbie buss dong de door..ALL hell break loose

"It ha to much kissmihass rabbit in de park"

"whey de womans an dem was?"

"too much blasted fly"

"de bread too small fuh de meat"

"ah cyah get ah piece ah ice to suck when mornin come"

"is troot is troot, lawd de place hot"

"de german an dem cyah judge distance"

ah miss anyting?

Yes.

"Ah vex too bad because ah did had was to watch de blasted World Cup on TV in Island Mix bar instead a bein dey to experience it fuh mehself."  8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2006, 12:08:47 PM »
11 days

I got my tickets from Fifa lottery and from TTFF via The Warrior Nation

Hotel austitz (spelling) Dusseldorf, , Comfort Inn Munich/BayernLand, Motel 1 Frankfurt all were great
I was in SuperOli group and did not even know it.
I found all the hotels to be rather small and the lack of AC did make sleeping difficult. The hotel Bayernland in Munchen, would not let a visitor come up to my room, and their elevator stopped working the day we moved in,i checked out and went to the Comfort Inn probably the best hotel for the trip. with large rooms, AC and free internet access, woohoo!!

Booked my own plane tix and got my match tix, but all the hotel and train stuff was handeled by a friend and his wife, will be forever grateful to them for that.

I enjoyed my time in Germany, seeing the country side out the train windows was fun, dont see that much open space in NY or even here in FL. Most of the people I met were friendly, but most of them were also not German. I sometimes wonder if i would have had as much fun in Germany were it not for all the people there for the WC and being with a group of friends, Not sure about a return trip.
I did have a few negative encounters, which included two refusals of entry to clubs and not being picked up by taxis, and also being run all over the city by taxi drivers who figured we did not know the route to get back to our hotel.  Lets just say taxi drivers are an argumentative bunch.

P.S. some of the sweetest women in Germany were the female police officers.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 12:15:04 PM by Mr Mc »

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2006, 12:10:19 PM »
Ah watch the World Cup in my living room. HD had it clean. Germany look real sweet.  ::)
One day I will visit for sure

Offline Phensic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2006, 12:28:55 PM »
I was there for two days one night. Drove from England, via France, Belgium and Holland.

My cuz organized tickets for me for TnT vs SWE and TNT vs PAR. Was only able to do the TnT vs SWE game though.  Couldn't get tickets for the TnT vs Eng, but I watched it in England...a real ketch horros seeing all them red-cross flags (England flag) drped all over the place afterwards...was like a blasted Red Cross blood drive!  ;D

My crew stayed in a the Hotel Stradd located in Hamm...a small town/city just outside of Dortmund city.  The hotel was decent and nicely located in the center of the city. Took the train into Dortmund after checking into the hotel.

Again, my cuz was the organizer

Well boy...I have to say the youths and dem REAL kewl! A group of them adopted my crew and TnT at the train station in Hamm.  They supply us with drinks, cigs and entertainment, all on the way to Dortmund on the train...they were all painting their faces with the national flag...dat was a great experience.

Offline Slade

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2006, 12:56:35 PM »
Two weeks in Frankfurt Germany

Got tickets from Fifa

Stayed at Hotel Allenhof in Frankfurt for all 3 games

Had  agreat time in Germany the people was friendly weather was great, and most of all attending WC games was priceless.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2006, 01:48:49 PM »
.....not meaning to digress, but, whether T&T qualify or not, i say everybody converge on T-O next june/july for the Youth World Cup and duplicate the atmosphere we had in Germany........just my opinion.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2006, 02:22:41 PM »
Hi everyone,

1. Three Weeks

2. I got tickets via the TTFF

3. Stayed with friends in Berlin and Frankfurt.

4. Made my own arrangements.

5. Germany is a beautiful country.....was able to take in some of the scenery while driving from Berlin to Frankfurt.  The German people were fantastic!!!...and friendly.....and welcoming....and fun loving.....I would like to return to see if it was just the WC that made the people behave that way or is it for real....the people really did a good job as hosts....I totally enjoyed myself..... :beermug: :beermug: :) :)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2006, 07:04:02 PM »
16 days

Fifa and ticket scalper

Mannheim army base and yes

myself

Love the place.  If was my second time there. Must visit again. beautiful place
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

1]; } ?>