April 29, 2024, 11:04:20 PM

Author Topic: Rijsbergen mixes it up for Soca Warriors Friendlies.  (Read 6598 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rijsbergen mixes it up for Soca Warriors Friendlies.
« on: September 27, 2006, 08:17:57 PM »
Rijsbergen mixes it up for Soca Warriors Friendlies.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

National Team head coach Wim Rijsbergen is sticking to his intentions of establishing a blend of promising local talent with the overseas professionals and has begun by calling up seven home-based players for the upcoming international friendlies against Nicaragua and Panama.
Rijsbergen, currently in Tobago with assistants Anton Corneal and Jan Van Deinsen scouting for further talent, recently spoke of the importance of ensuring that the best available players based abroad being involved in the development of the local pros through training and playtime.
And among those catching his eyes and warranting selection for the two friendlies are W Connection's Andre Toussaint, W Connection goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams, San Juan Jabloteh’s Kerry Baptiste and Nigel Daniel as well Connection midfielder Andrei Pacheco and Tobago United defender Dwayne Jack. World Cup defender Cyd Gray has also earned a recall. There is no place however for Caledonia AIA midfielder Densill Theobald who has been out of action for sometime nor Jabloteh midfielder Aurtis Whitley, defender Marvin Andrews and Anthony Wolfe. Goalie Kelvin Jack, LA Galaxy striker Cornell Glen and defender Brent Sancho are unavailable due to injury.
The confirmed overseas players for both matches are Coventry City duo Stern John and Chris Birchall, Southampton striker Kenwyne Jones, Swansea City defender Dennis Lawrence, Luton Town’s Carlos Edwards and New England Revolution defender Avery John. So far the TTFF is awaiting confirmation of appearance from five players including Sunderland midfielder Dwight Yorke. The former Manchester United striker has indicated his willingness to Rijsbergen to be part of the squad but his club is yet to officially release him.
“If we are playing international games then I think it’s right that we have a mixture of the local players with the overseas ones because this is about building a squad for the future competitions which obviously has South Africa 2010 at the top of the list,” Rijsbergen told TTFF Media on Wednesday.
“We have been watching all the games and talking to the coaches here. I have told guys like Densill and Silvio (Spann) that it is impossible players like them who are unattached to clubs. It’s unfair if we don’t allow the local guys who are showing promise to step in and gain the experience of international football. It’s not a guarantee that you will be called because you are playing in an outside league but then of course if we have players out there who are doing better they will get the call and when we call them we expect that they will show up to represent the country. They have to realize too that while we will try to understand the situations with their managers, we are also trying to build a better team and we will need them for matches that will be of a much lesser scale than that of the clubs. Everyone has their opinions but they need to understand too that when we arrange games to coincide with the international dates, it’s done so that it can be fair to everyone. Some guys need to understand that the people here have celebrated their achievements at the World Cup and they have been rewarded so in a way this can be payback to the country because it’s part of building for the future,” Rijsbergen added.
Fans may be curious about the omission of some players or the non-selection of others and Rijsbergen commented: “We are looking at all the players and we are trying to develop a relationship with all the clubs and coaches. If they tell me that some players are not performing then that means it’s not a guarantee you will be selected, even if you have been in the national team before.”
The two games against Nicaragua (October 7) and Panama (October 11) will be played at the Hasely Crawford Stadium kicking off at 6:30pm both dates. There are plans to play matches involving the National Under 17 and Under 20 teams as double headers. Tickets will be priced at $200 (covered stands) and $100 for uncovered. Kids in school uniform for the week-day match will be allowed in the uncovered section at no charge and for the weekend encounter kids under 12 will pay no cover charge.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 04:39:16 AM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rijsbergen mixes it up for Soca Warriors Friendlies
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 08:44:40 PM »
Hmmmm. No Whitley and Wolfe. I hope dey doh blank Sealy in his present form.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 08:48:10 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rijsbergen mixes it up for Soca Warriors Friendlies
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 08:57:08 PM »
I hope Scotland in that 5 they awaiting confirmation on....I liking Wim approach so far...

I also like the fact that school kids free in de week-day match...but i feel some big men might put on dere old uniforms not to pay de $100  ;D

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Rijsbergen mixes it up for Soca Warriors Friendlies.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 04:55:23 AM »
Spann and Theobald is good omission, they wasting time and we cannot wait for them, who ever is Spann manager he should fire him even if its his father. He left Yokohama to be a free agent. Or even so why de hell he eh play with some Pro League team for the rest of the season, Theobald and all. I hope the players called represent and make Spann and Theobald fight like gladiators to get back on the team, them men head gone. I support Win all de way......

I told allyuh 5 years now Andre Pacheco was a good player, I even e-mail Lincoln and Jack and told them and they just ignore meh, now it seems Win like him too.... like Trent Noel, Clyde Leon, Kendall Jagdeosingh, Stephan David get de drop.....

I woulda like to see Makan Hislop, Fabien Lewis, Carlon Murray, Sheldon Emmanuel, Corey Rivers, Errol Charles, Ancil Farrier and Yohance Marshall get a call up some time in de future, simple because we need some deepth in defence and we need to start molding a few.

Glad to see Nigel Daniel there..... Win is ah boss..... I like how he moving fair....
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 05:46:39 AM by Flex »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 05:02:53 AM »
Spann and Theobald is good omission, they wasting time and we cannot wait for them, who ever is Spann manager he should fire him even if its his father. He left Yokoma to be a free agent. Or even so why de hell he eh play with some Pro League team for the rest of the season, Theobald and all. I hope the players called represent and make Spann and Theobald fight like gladiators to get back on the team, them men head gone. I support Win all de way......

I told allyuh 5 years now Andre Pacheco was a good player, I even e-mail Lincoln and Jack and told them and they just ignore meh, now it seems Win like him too.... like Trent Noel, Clyde Leon, Kendall Jagdeosingh, Stephan David get de drop.....

I woulda like to see Makan Hislop, Fabien Lewis, Carlon Murray, Sheldon Emmanuel, Corey Rivers, Errol Charles, Ancil Farrier and Yohance Marshall get a call up some time in de future, simple because we need some deepth in defence and we need to start molding a few.

Glad to see Nigel Daniel there..... Win is ah boss..... I like how he moving fair....
Sam I agree with everything you say, especially about the young defenders......But......Ease of Spann a bit. The last post says he is still not fit. And he is training with Cardiff which is a big club. Right now they are on top of the Championship looking for the Premiership.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 05:53:24 AM »
Sam I agree with everything you say, especially about the young defenders......But......Ease of Spann a bit. The last post says he is still not fit. And he is training with Cardiff which is a big club. Right now they are on top of the Championship looking for the Premiership.

He cant make Sheffield Wednesday side yuh think Cardiff City go take him ? and why yuh think he not fit or he got drop from we world cup team in de first place, because he sitting on he ass thinking Real Madrid go pick him up..... Theobald too..... de only team picking them up in Real Dotish.

One dollar in your pocket is more than none, they will suck bricks now.....
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 05:56:29 AM by Flex »

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 06:09:18 AM »

He cant make Sheffield Wednesday side yuh think Cardiff City go take him ? and why yuh think he not fit or he got drop from we world cup team in de first place, because he sitting on he ass thinking Real Madrid go pick him up..... Theobald too..... de only team picking them up in Real Dotish.

He did not get drop from the WC Squad. He was injured remember. And lots of players are turned back by teams and picked by another...it depends on what the team's needs are. Ent Alex Furgerson say he didnlt want Tavez an them.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 06:28:52 AM »
He did not get drop from the WC Squad. He was injured remember. And lots of players are turned back by teams and picked by another...it depends on what the team's needs are. Ent Alex Furgerson say he didnlt want Tavez an them.

My point is, you can sit on your ass and doh do anything and then go and trial or try to play, you bong to get injured... keep yourself active and match fit as possible, better things go come....
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 07:19:30 AM by Flex »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 06:30:25 AM »
Allyuh note that we are playing two teams which are ranked way below us!
We are currently ranked 56th while Panama and Nicaragua are ranked 74th & 165th respectively.

So when we play Nicaragua on October 7th & Panama on October 11th I expect nothing less than a good performance & resounding victories in both games regardless of who Wim picks for his line (locals or foreign-based) as we can't afford to lose games to teams way below us in the rankings as it will mean us consequently dropping ourselves in the rankings.

Considering HOME ADVANTAGE and Nicaragua’s ranking I would like to see us give them at least 5 and against Panama I think we should be looking to beat them by at least a two goal margin.

So with this in mind I am looking for something like T&T 6 – 1 Nicaragua and T&T 3 – 1 Panama as I want to see goals, goals goals!! :challenge: :chilling:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 07:55:42 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 06:56:59 AM »
Soca, ah likin dat score line dey and your point as well. I hope that we young guns aint gun shy or we wont be able to get scores like 6 or 3.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Darkromeo

• New Warrior
  • Tru Tru warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 07:37:21 AM »
can anyone tell me y Anthony Wolf not in d squad?????????

Still like d mix doh. Wim looking good so far....... Blessssss

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 07:42:19 AM »
Nigel Daniel in d squad!!!! BESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! It's about time dat man get a recall!!!

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 07:48:21 AM »
can anyone tell me y Anthony Wolf not in d squad?????????

Still like d mix doh. Wim looking good so far....... Blessssss
I believe it is because of loss of form. He kinda quiet these days on the goal scorring front.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 07:53:47 AM »
No Hardest? ???  Wha Wim doin at all?  ::) 8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 08:01:51 AM »

TI can't be pleased with this line-up! Maybe Wim hasn't seen HARDEST play yet? I wonder how he could overlook HARDEST when we need him even more than we needed Latapy for our 2006 qulification campaign to qualify again for 2010! Is like Wim sticking and will jeapodise the whole master plan?! Ah wonder wha TI has to say bout this?!!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 08:43:18 AM »
big up to the w connection men toussaint especially

5 overseas yet to confirm??

scotty

sealy

charles

samuel

?????????
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 08:57:26 AM »
Allyuh note that we are playing two teams which are ranked way below us!
We are currently ranked 56th while Panama and Nicaragua are ranked 74th & 165th respectively.

So when we play Nicaragua on October 7th & Panama on October 11th I expect nothing less than a good performance & resounding victories in both games regardless of who Wim picks for his line (locals or foreign-based) as we can't afford to lose games to teams way below us in the rankings as it will mean us consequently dropping ourselves in the rankings.

Considering HOME ADVANTAGE and Nicaragua’s ranking I would like to see us give them at least 5 and against Panama I think we should be looking to beat them by at least a two goal margin.

So with this in mind I am looking for something like T&T 6 – 1 Nicaragua and T&T 3 – 1 Panama as I want to see goals, goals goals!! :challenge: :chilling:

Ah hope you right <fingers crossed> ,but how you score 6 goals when you only take 4 shots!!   ;D

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2006, 09:07:16 AM »
Interesting to see Lawrence get put in the squad. He will have to miss at least one Swansea game. If he really is confirmed then that is good work from the TTFF.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2006, 09:49:09 AM »
 Toussaint finally get pick ;D  ....I hope he stay on the team for a while...God Bless

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2006, 09:59:38 AM »
big up to the w connection men toussaint especially

5 overseas yet to confirm??

scotty

sealy

charles

samuel

?????????

Ince deserves a recall righ now.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2006, 10:12:11 AM »
I want to say that i welcome this bit of news,after it was said there is nothing to look for in the local league,i always thought this is what Wim has to do if he developing our national team for the future,there must always be mixture of both if down the road the foreign based are the best so be it,i like his philosophy of communicating with the Coaches and baseing everything on the best players at present and not who used to be the best,some people feel T&T can't play without certain players,if we have to have continuety we have to start giving other players a chance.

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2006, 10:26:02 AM »
Amazing how rankings getting so much precedence, so much so that scores are being speculated. Is like if the WC didn't prove nothing, since Brazil didn't play Czech Rep. in de final.

Despite the ranking, either one of those 2 teams could very well put a hurting on T&T. Of late, T&T seem to have a tendency to struggle with lesser opponents. Hopefully, they'll take care of business on the field where it matters. I for one will be content with any winning score.
Toujour Pret!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2006, 10:53:41 AM »

he was injured at Sheffield Wednesday  during his trial
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 10:55:53 AM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2006, 11:28:46 AM »
Has there every been ah team that was choosen by any coach of our national teams that ppl have been totally satified with.
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline sting_pana

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2006, 12:17:09 PM »

TI can't be pleased with this line-up! Maybe Wim hasn't seen HARDEST play yet? I wonder how he could overlook HARDEST when we need him even more than we needed Latapy for our 2006 qulification campaign to qualify again for 2010! Is like Wim sticking and will jeapodise the whole master plan?! Ah wonder wha TI has to say bout this?!!  ;)

Keep dreaming Fu···ng monkey face Socapro!

Expect to win over Panama?
eh?
We beat:
River PLate 1-0 (home)
Peru 2-0 (visitor)
Guatemala 2-1 (visitor)

Sorry but Salvador and T&T are sparrings for us!

This time will go to be UNCAF  and Gold Cuop Champion

T&T will be back to his real time ----> nothing!

Panama THIS time will go to the WOrld CUP 2010!

Bleh!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2006, 12:59:55 PM »

Keep dreaming Fu···ng monkey face Socapro!

Expect to win over Panama?
eh?
We beat:
River PLate 1-0 (home)
Peru 2-0 (visitor)
Guatemala 2-1 (visitor)

Sorry but Salvador and T&T are sparrings for us!

This time will go to be UNCAF  and Gold Cuop Champion

T&T will be back to his real time ----> nothing!

Panama THIS time will go to the WOrld CUP 2010!

Bleh!

now yuh show yuh face eh now yuh pop up back when we give allyuh 6 -0 2-0 1-0 and 1-0 yuh quiet
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 02:18:03 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2006, 02:19:03 PM »
Hhhmmm......no Autis.....ah hope is just because Wim want to try out different people and is not ah indication dat ah eh goh so de boy in action ever again....

When tickets going on sale and all dat??.....although ah have to admit after mih experience with getting tickets for de Bharain game and to go to de World Cup ah real 'fraid to go anywhere near de TTFF fuh tickets....

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2006, 02:26:13 PM »
Oh and another thing.....Cornell Glenn injured again (or still....did he ever recover from dat injury against Paraguay??)....

Lord dat boy blight..... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2006, 02:29:43 PM »
And among those catching his eyes and warranting selection for the two friendlies are W Connection's Andre Toussaint, W Connection goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams, San Juan Jabloteh’s Kerry Baptiste and Nigel Daniel as well Connection midfielder Andrei Pacheco and Tobago United defender Dwayne Jack. World Cup defender Cyd Gray

Wim  said on saturday we had the oldest squad in the WC  with  an average of  30 years and most these guy will be knocking on 30 come next world cup its just interesting to see what he will be doing next time come around

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2006, 02:32:59 PM »
I want to see new faces mixed in with the old warriors.  Let we see from early who could handle dey stories and who need to stick to PFL and Quarry sweat.

1]; } ?>