April 27, 2024, 02:40:50 AM

Author Topic: Yorke agrees compromise.  (Read 2932 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke agrees compromise.
« on: September 28, 2006, 08:07:41 AM »
Yorke agrees compromise.
Sunderland Echo.

Dwight Yorke will link up with Trinidad & Tobago next month but has agreed to sit out one of his country's friendly games.
Yorke had a discussion with Roy Keane this week after the manager questioned the wisdom of his 34-year-old striker going away for the best part of two weeks.
It ended with an agreement that Yorke would travel for the October 7 game against Nicaragua but come back to England and not be involved in the friendly with Panama four days later.
Keane said today: "I spoke to Dwight on Tuesday. Clearly, he won't be involved in the next World Cup and he has come here and made a commitment for the next two years.
"Trinidad & Tobago see Dwight as the main man – an ambassador for his country – and I would never begrudge anyone playing for their country.
"After that conversation, we have agreed he will go over for the first game next weekend and come back here on the Sunday or the Monday.
"It is a compromise that is fair to his country, to Dwight and to Sunderland.
"Dwight is not getting any younger and these internationals are just friendlies.
"We have tried to be fair to everyone."
Yorke has previously admitted that he needs to improve his fitness after arriving from Australian A-League champions Sydney and playing two international friendlies ahead of three games in eight days for Sunderland would have been a tough task for any player, let alone the veteran.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 08:39:18 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke agrees compromise
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 08:11:28 AM »
I think we could accept that.

Offline jaws

• DC/MD Warrior
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Arima massive!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 08:22:36 AM »
i'll take dat, atleast dey understand that de man has his country's interest in mind and not deny him dat.... like i said before COUNTRY before CLUB!!
"Greatness is not one big thing being done: it's all the small things being done well"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 08:36:37 AM »
GOOD going by keane and big up to yorke and his capacity to compromise for tnt and sunderland
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 08:40:05 AM »
Good,but I would have preferred the Panama game.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 08:44:03 AM »
Good,but I would have preferred the Panama game.

I agree but since we only have Yorke for the Nicaragua game I want to see goals galore in that game... a hatrick from Yorke will be nice!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke agrees compromise.
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 09:01:25 AM »
This is a very good compromise. Yorke can pass some valuable tips and experience onto the younger guys in the squad. When he leaves after the first match it will be a good test to see how our players go against a decent Concacaf side like Panama without Yorke.

We have to view this as the johnnie walker being half full not half empty. It would be nice to have Yorke for both games but all things taken into account (lacking fitness, new boy at Sunderland, mad man Keane) this is a good start.

Anways Yorke has another 4 years with us at least so we have to keep Sunderland and Keane sweet.

Offline Darkromeo

• New Warrior
  • Tru Tru warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 09:24:41 AM »
This is great news!!!! It should b de Panama game in truth but wat we go doh eh atleast he coming. Big up Keene nice to see he hav ah heart.......... Blesssss

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 11:17:26 AM »
Oh gorm I eh goin the El Salvador game. I have another gig. Loud steewpssssss
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Phensic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 11:19:33 AM »
I agree also that he should have selected the Panama game...bottom line, I am happy that he will make an appearence period.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 11:35:45 AM »
Competion wise ah would think he would have played de Panama game, ah cud be wrong, but Panama suppose tuh be better opposition for T&T. Any way thanks tuh Yorke and Keane, fuh working out something dat both club and country should be happy with.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

1]; } ?>