June 07, 2024, 04:38:53 PM

Author Topic: Crouch score a bicycle. Yes, Crouch.  (Read 7805 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Crouch score a bicycle. Yes, Crouch.
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2006, 07:51:48 AM »
Premeditated??? You think that Crouch say if that ball coming my way, I will pull this man dreadlocks ??? I am no professional player, but I play 3 times a week, twice indoors and 1 outdoor, sometimes some players record the games and I am suprised at some of the things that I do.. I pride myself for being honest and giving props when deserved, and I have argued that I have not done something, but when I watched the replay I am proven wrong... I don't know Crouch, but he does not appear to be a malicious player, who will plan to pull hair to gain an advantage.

Yuh wrong! Crouch is ah pest (ah blasted insect to be exact!) and does foul people all the time when playing for Liverpool especially when going for headers, his hands does regularly go onto other players shoulders to help him jump for the header. He did it many times in the World Cup in Englands first game against paraguay and was warned by the referee for doing it.

Crouch is ah born cheat! He even bragged after the game to the British media that his goal against T&T was something special!.... I say yes he is right only because he got away with it because the referee & linesman were prepared to turn a blind eye!  >:(
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 07:53:45 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2006, 09:50:27 AM »
Premeditated??? You think that Crouch say if that ball coming my way, I will pull this man dreadlocks ??? I am no professional player, but I play 3 times a week, twice indoors and 1 outdoor, sometimes some players record the games and I am suprised at some of the things that I do.. I pride myself for being honest and giving props when deserved, and I have argued that I have not done something, but when I watched the replay I am proven wrong... I don't know Crouch, but he does not appear to be a malicious player, who will plan to pull hair to gain an advantage.

Yuh wrong! Crouch is ah pest (ah blasted insect to be exact!) and does foul people all the time when playing for Liverpool especially when going for headers, his hands does regularly go onto other players shoulders to help him jump for the header. He did it many times in the World Cup in Englands first game against paraguay and was warned by the referee for doing it.

Crouch is ah born cheat! He even bragged after the game to the British media that his goal against T&T was something special!.... I say yes he is right only because he got away with it because the referee & linesman were prepared to turn a blind eye!  >:(
       Any one saying Crouch is a cheat have not really played this game,if you played this game you will understand what and why Crouch plays and does the things he do.Players will try anything in a game, sometimes they get caught and stand the consequences other times they might get away with it,that's the nature of the game it does not mean you are a cheat,i can call a number of things that's illegal players used to do in games,i remember Tishera always used to butt you in the back of your head when ever he marked you.

I think if people are offended by these things they should watch Women's Football,Crouch pull Sancho hair,Sancho grab somebody nuts,Rooney step on a next one balls,ah mean what's going on here all these are just isolated incidents,we just have to grow up sometimes,is this what the modern game is all about,best we go back to the good old days,it seems the more they mordernize the game the worst it gets.     

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2006, 09:53:54 AM »
allyuh are such haters. at least he don grab balls  ;) :angel:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2006, 10:16:51 AM »

I have doubts about the authenticity of that picture showing Sancho grabbin' dat Swedish player bollocks, but even if it weren't a fake, I doubt very much that Brent's intent was to do tghat.  When two men jumpin' in de air to fight up and head a ball, the LAST thing either of them thinkin' is to be grabbin' bollocks.......IMO
   Unfurtunately, the whole culture of cheating, diving and fouling seems to have totally enveloped the "modern game" and more and more of us are just shrugging our shoulders and acceping it.  You would hardly see a goal scored in today's game like the one that Ricardo Villa did against Manchester City in the 1981 FA Cup Final, dribbling through damned near the entire defence, skipping over/past tackles and edging it past Joe Corrigan. (for those of you that old enough and memory good enough).  Henry had a chance to score one that was close to it against Portugal and what he do? Trow heself on de grong to win de penalty.  Crouch is a man does foul and get fouled (i imagine) but any cheating he does makes him a product of the "modern game", and neither can I stand him nor liverfool, but i have to give him his credit: he scoring goals........consistently.  I wouldn't quite call thet goal yesterday as a bycicle, either.  It was more like a high scissors kick.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2006, 10:56:06 AM »

I have doubts about the authenticity of that picture showing Sancho grabbin' dat Swedish player bollocks, but even if it weren't a fake, I doubt very much that Brent's intent was to do tghat.  When two men jumpin' in de air to fight up and head a ball, the LAST thing either of them thinkin' is to be grabbin' bollocks.......IMO
   Unfurtunately, the whole culture of cheating, diving and fouling seems to have totally enveloped the "modern game" and more and more of us are just shrugging our shoulders and acceping it.  You would hardly see a goal scored in today's game like the one that Ricardo Villa did against Manchester City in the 1981 FA Cup Final, dribbling through damned near the entire defence, skipping over/past tackles and edging it past Joe Corrigan. (for those of you that old enough and memory good enough).  Henry had a chance to score one that was close to it against Portugal and what he do? Trow heself on de grong to win de penalty.  Crouch is a man does foul and get fouled (i imagine) but any cheating he does makes him a product of the "modern game", and neither can I stand him nor liverfool, but i have to give him his credit: he scoring goals........consistently.  I wouldn't quite call thet goal yesterday as a bycicle, either.  It was more like a high scissors kick.

i was joking. to let you man feel when i hate on a player. and again you hating on crouch. it a good goal. i would bet any money that if that were not an england player it would be a terriffic goal.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2006, 11:17:37 AM »
there are two things that we the fans of the Great Game can do

1) continue to be amazed nearly EVERY week by what goes on in Football that eh eh
a) ball boy can score goal (How can ANYONE say that the system is acceptable)
b) a game i see the other day de man was CLEARLY offside and de announcers showed the replay over and over
c) man puilling man hair to assist in getting the height advantage
d) I sure ALL of you have had a complaint about some play at least ONCE a week so insert that here I have way too many examples to list here.

2) petion FIFA to bring in instant replay

Until then I will continue to shake my head that such a World Wide Organisation such as FIFA is not willing to change things that will result in the BETTER team winning and NOT the Team that they want to win. ( my feeling is that FIFA does not want to change as it will take away the Human factor which I am sure that many a FIFA person benefitted from as a result of the more financially backed team taking things into their own hands, i f you ketch my drift )

JMHO
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 11:25:46 AM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2006, 11:54:27 AM »
I seriously doubt Crouch is a cheat. When footballers clash for a header there is bound to be some contact and it is not always shoulder to shoulder. Sometimes it is fair and sometimes, as in the case with Sancho and Crouch, it is unfair. Elbows on shoulders, pushing from behind, pulling shirts...it's all part of the game. Sancho's hair happens to be easy to pull..otherwise Crouch would have leaned into his shoulder with an elbow. Pretty much the same thing. I don't find the goal should have stood at all, and if the ref caught it, he most likely would have blown. ..but it was just a foul. A simple foul. Not the devious move of a cheat. I understand is T&T we talking bout, so posters moving patriotic, but if Stern or Yorkie had pull Ferdinand corn rows to score T&T first ever WC goal men woulda cry that the biased English press doctor de photo :devil: :devil:  In any case, nobody would be jumping to ridiculous snap judgements like Yorke is a cheater or Yorke is not a nice guy. Crouch didn't do anything that all strikers do not do every season. He just didn't get called for it and that is the ref and assistant ref's faults. Crouch seems like a decent enough fellow from his interviews. Doesn't sound like he has ever had it easy trying to convince anyone that he could make it as a footballer and has endured constant ridicule by the English press and his own fans with a lot of class. He actually seems like a pretty nice guy and humble to.  I for one think there is a little justice in the underdog proving his doubters wrong. Having said that..I hope Crouch and Liverpiles get some good cuta$$ this season.

Filho, i cant believe you are defending what he did by equating it to rough play and two guys simply going to challenge for the ball. Yes elbows and such are wrong and occur, and are premeditated for the most part. But to consciously decide to pull a man's hair on a header, that is low.

I not defending anything because there is nothing to defend. He fouled Sancho but got away with it. Doubt it was even conscious..looks like he was looking at the ball the whole time and tried to get some leverage on Sancho by going up early and leaning in on him. That is normal..he got a piece of Sancho's hair to get up instead of putting his hands on his shoulders (which is what he would have done if Sancho had short hair). I can't believe people trying to take some moral high ground on this when all game men pulling each other shirts, kicking down each other. Seems like you need to watch more headed goals....or look at what happens during free kicks and corners in any game. Even in a fete match, in a game that does not matter, even the cleanest players will instinctively pull a shirt now and then...even the cleanest players. The game has a lot of contact that falls just fowl of the law, but the refs have the power to let it slide depending on how physical he lets the guys or girls play. he missed Crouch's offense but that happens. I doh like it..but I eh branding crouch a cheat because of it. In that case...every professional football player is a cheat.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2006, 12:21:48 PM »
Men just need to get on with it.  Germany is over; we can't reverse any decisions.  De man score a beauty and men using this post to talk bout gripe from Germany.  That over and done with long time. Crouch score ah beauty.  He can't seem to stop scoring, and has answered the critics that said he wasn't really a forward.  Right now, he is England's most in-form forward, like it or not.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2006, 12:29:20 PM »

i was joking. to let you man feel when i hate on a player. and again you hating on crouch. it a good goal. i would bet any money that if that were not an england player it would be a terriffic goal.

To hate on a man is to deny him his due credit yuh know.  I gave the man his credit, he scoring goals consistently and calling yesterday's goal a "high scissors kick" wasn't taking anything away from him either. It was just better describing what knid of shot it was.  I find it is candidate for goal of the season.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2006, 12:52:49 PM »
can ah worms open up boy......if i was Benitez, anybody could say what dey want bout my ugly/awkard/whatever-yuh-want-to-call-him forward, as long as he scoring, meh eh care.....i hated de man after de world cup for what he do to Brent, but dred this football thing is something else.....you feel Diego thought he woulda get away with de "hand of god" play? meh eh feel so, he try something, anything...an de jackass officials miss it(de only people to do so), so Crouchie try something and geh thru wid it....my penny
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2006, 12:58:59 PM »
Boy I eh knowhow this man is do the things he is do. Lingay as he is he is quickly becoming a deadly striker

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2006, 02:43:32 PM »
All de liverfool haters eh have to worry.  From what I see yesterday, I feel Galatasaray beatin' dem in de return!!  :devil:  :devil:

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2006, 08:44:20 PM »
Men just need to get on with it.  Germany is over; we can't reverse any decisions.  De man score a beauty and men using this post to talk bout gripe from Germany.  That over and done with long time. Crouch score ah beauty.  He can't seem to stop scoring, and has answered the critics that said he wasn't really a forward.  Right now, he is England's most in-form forward, like it or not.
Well said, Talk done....

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2006, 09:18:00 PM »

ok yuh right, his hand magically grasped sancho's hair and yanked it back to win the header. It was all an involuntary response. I know when i jump up to win a header my hands go into involuntary clutching spasms around my opponents' hair.  ::) is that enough sarcasm for you?
Hart for president

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2006, 09:20:28 PM »

Any one saying Crouch is a cheat have not really played this game,if you played this game you will understand what and why Crouch plays and does the things he do.Players will try anything in a game, sometimes they get caught and stand the consequences other times they might get away with it,that's the nature of the game it does not mean you are a cheat,i can call a number of things that's illegal players used to do in games,i remember Tishera always used to butt you in the back of your head when ever he marked you.

I think if people are offended by these things they should watch Women's Football,Crouch pull Sancho hair,Sancho grab somebody nuts,Rooney step on a next one balls,ah mean what's going on here all these are just isolated incidents,we just have to grow up sometimes,is this what the modern game is all about,best we go back to the good old days,it seems the more they mordernize the game the worst it gets.     

i feel posters with this position are completely missing the point! whether or not players in today's game do little things to gain an advantage is irrelevant! the fact remains that the ugly bastard committed a nasty, conscious, malicious act. Pulling hair goes way beyond the line of pushing the rules
Hart for president

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2006, 02:45:02 AM »
crouch is shit!!

don't believe the hype... de man trying that scissors kick (not bicycle) years now and never get it yet... in training and all trying dat mess.. if he try 1000 times one must score.. if i play lotto every day must win ah blue note at some point..

dirty player.. always, always, always climbing on someones back to win headers... why? i dont know cause he's 6'7.. Lawrence doesnt do that..  he can only score against mediocre defences.... for a tall man he is an extremely poor header of the ball.. he is weak..

The following phrases are consistently used to describe crouch which would show that he can only ever be best described as "utility"...

- Good touch for a big man (so what? my grandmother has a good touch for an 80 yr old woman)

- gives us something different (exactly what this is no one has ever said)

- is an different option up front (as in when down in the last 10 mins of the game, hoof a hail mary up to the giraffe and hope for the best)

- works for the team (i thought thats what all 11 players supposed to do?)

if you want an example of a very good tall striker/hold up the ball player/clinical player/excellent header of the ball, look no further than the czech jan koller, crouch can only dream of being that good...

crouch is shit!

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2006, 05:36:56 AM »
This is my view on Crouch. I'm shocked that he is scoring all these goals, especially recently, but I think he's a damn good player. I don't think he has good touch for a big man; I think he has good touch. Full stop. I think his biggest strength is his ability to hold the ball up and bring the other members of his team into goalscoring positions. Take this goal by Gerrard for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmQja7OHIEw

I think it's also worth mentioning about his attitude. The man has played for clubs like QPR, Southampton, some sh*t club in Norway and even a non-league club. He knows how fortunate he is to be in the mix for club and country, so you never hear him whinging about not being in the starting 11.

If you want to keep bringing up the Sancho pull over and over again, that's fine. I just think it's hard to dismiss someone who has been scoring more than Sampson Nanton recently  :beermug:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2006, 06:13:19 AM »
crouch is shit!!

don't believe the hype... de man trying that scissors kick (not bicycle) years now and never get it yet... in training and all trying dat mess.. if he try 1000 times one must score.. if i play lotto every day must win ah blue note at some point..

dirty player.. always, always, always climbing on someones back to win headers... why? i dont know cause he's 6'7.. Lawrence doesnt do that..  he can only score against mediocre defences.... for a tall man he is an extremely poor header of the ball.. he is weak..

The following phrases are consistently used to describe crouch which would show that he can only ever be best described as "utility"...

- Good touch for a big man (so what? my grandmother has a good touch for an 80 yr old woman)

- gives us something different (exactly what this is no one has ever said)

- is an different option up front (as in when down in the last 10 mins of the game, hoof a hail mary up to the giraffe and hope for the best)

- works for the team (i thought thats what all 11 players supposed to do?)

if you want an example of a very good tall striker/hold up the ball player/clinical player/excellent header of the ball, look no further than the czech jan koller, crouch can only dream of being that good...

crouch is shit!

I wish I was that shitty  ;)

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2006, 07:03:04 AM »
Getting an unfiar advantage is not something new in football, but it has become more prevalent. I love T&T and it hurt to see an injustice, but people are being overly biased. Let me ask this. How many of you woulda still be complaining if the tables were turned for the Bahrain game, we were a goal down and Stern kick the ball out de keeper hand and score and they disallow it. I know people would still be crying if it was us. Or when Rivaldo look like somebody shoot him in his face to get the Turkish player sent off at a critical time a few WC's back. Get on with it and stop crying...I guarantee you if Stern had do that to Ferdinand, and we won we would  still be partying in Germany. Goal scorers do anything to score goals, I am not conding unfair play, but it is part of the game unfortunately and it is up to the officials to spot this and they will make mistakes, sometimes in your favour and sometimes against. Deal with it....

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Crouch's home 'ripped apart' by yobs
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2006, 07:06:48 AM »
Crouch's home 'ripped apart' by yobs

Burglars raided England striker Peter Crouch's home while he was playing for Liverpool in the Champions League this week, it was reported today.

The Sun reports that while the 6ft 7ins striker was scoring two goals in the victory over Galatasary yobs were ripping apart his home in Alderley Edge, Cheshire.

They stole valuables and drove away in a car he left on the driveway.

The paper says the thieves made a wreck of Crouch's home, slashing his leather sofas and going through his belongings.

Cheshire Police said tonight they were unable to confirm or deny reports Crouch`s house had been burgled.

But in a statement to The Sun a police spokesman said: 'There was a burglary but the victim wants no publicity.'

Crouch is the latest footballer to be targeted by burglars.

Thugs who broke into Everton star Andy Van der Meyde's home stole his car and even his pedigree dog, while in July mementoes belonging to Manchester United and England forward Wayne Rooney were stolen from his parents' home.

Other victims have included former Spurs goalkeeper Ian Walker and Chelsea's Frank Lampard.

seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2006, 07:51:07 AM »
finally crouch played against a team with a good defences and what????

where are all the crouch lovers today?

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2006, 08:04:48 AM »
I did some research. This season he scored against

Country
Greece
Andorra
Macedonia

Club
Chelsea (Community Shield)
Maccabi Haifa
West Ham
Galatasaray

Last season, including the World Cup

Country
Uraguay
Hungary
Jamaica
Sweet T&T

Club
Wigan
Newcastle
Everton
West Brom
Man United
Fulham
Newcastle
Birmingham
Portsmouth

So you have a point. But to be fair, he wasn't getting any service yesterday, and it's not like Rooney covered himself in glory either...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2006, 08:13:01 AM »

Country
Greece
Andorra
Macedonia

Club
Maccabi Haifa
West Ham
Galatasaray

Country
Uraguay
Hungary
Jamaica
Sweet T&T

Club
Wigan
Newcastle
Everton
West Brom
Man United
Fulham
Newcastle
Birmingham
Portsmouth

So you have a point. But to be fair, he wasn't getting any service yesterday, and it's not like Rooney covered himself in glory either...

Lets properly analyze his recent returns...

Country
Greece  - shadow of team that won euro... in a mess
Andorra - shit team
Macedonia - shit team

Club
Chelsea (Community Shield) - a pre-season friendly
Maccabi Haifa - shit team
West Ham - good goal
Galatasaray - average team with a poor defence.. but well taken goals

Country
Uraguay - average team
Hungary - shit team
Jamaica - very shit team in a royal mess
Sweet T&T - pull ah man dreads

when allyuh go admit de man in a mess?

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2006, 08:38:02 AM »

Country
Greece
Andorra
Macedonia

Club
Maccabi Haifa
West Ham
Galatasaray

Country
Uraguay
Hungary
Jamaica
Sweet T&T

Club
Wigan
Newcastle
Everton
West Brom
Man United
Fulham
Newcastle
Birmingham
Portsmouth

Lets properly analyze his recent returns...

Country
Greece  - shadow of team that won euro... in a mess
Andorra - shit team
Macedonia - shit team

Club
Chelsea (Community Shield) - a pre-season friendly
Maccabi Haifa - shit team
West Ham - good goal
Galatasaray - average team with a poor defence.. but well taken goals

Country
Uraguay - average team
Hungary - shit team
Jamaica - very shit team in a royal mess
Sweet T&T - pull ah man dreads

when allyuh go admit de man in a mess?

So ah man that scoring against shit teams, which is what he supposed to do on the field is shit?  Boss you belaboring this argument, and it ain't have no substance.  He ain'r score in one agame and yuh condemning him.  Just say yuh ain't like de man.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2006, 09:03:28 AM »
Tenorsaw, I was just stating facts to initiate some discussion, that's all. As I said before, I'm a big Crouch fan, but I don't think his real strength is in his goalscoring ability.  :beermug:

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2006, 03:00:50 PM »
Tenorsaw, I was just stating facts to initiate some discussion, that's all. As I said before, I'm a big Crouch fan, but I don't think his real strength is in his goalscoring ability. :beermug:

Boss is not you ah lashing, is Omarldinho for hating on a big man who could actually score and do other things too.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2006, 03:34:09 PM »
steups..

he's a waste...

i pointed out some time ago and no one has yet disputed, crouch would not make the squad list in at least 24 of the 32 world cup teams yet how does he get to be a starting forward for one of the supposed superpowers in football??

dont get me wrong.. he has a few attributes and works hard at his game but what i am saying is if we going and talk lewwe talk bout big players nuh.. he's not world class he's an average player..

he scored a few goals against some poor opposition and all of a sudden people rating him up.. its a false dawn..

watch and see... i'll resurrect this thread at the end of the season i bet you he have less than 15 prem goals... dont tell me about does other things strikers are there to score goals...

1]; } ?>