April 28, 2024, 03:15:02 PM

Author Topic: Crouch score a bicycle. Yes, Crouch.  (Read 7649 times)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Crouch score a bicycle. Yes, Crouch.
« on: September 27, 2006, 02:50:45 PM »
I have to see this for myself on Sky Sports tonight.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Crouch score a bicycle. Yes, Crouch.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 02:52:34 PM »
nooo. :o..is ah unicycle yuh did mean to type?

or ah pogo stick?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 03:03:10 PM »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 03:07:30 PM »
Rafa have a nice selection dilemma.  Bellamy and kuyt, Kuyt and Crouch, or Bellamy and Crouch.  Right now, tallest scoring every time he get the chance to play.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 03:16:08 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 03:18:51 PM »
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 03:22:35 PM by e-man »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 04:01:55 PM »
I feel he real work on dat after he look like a beps against us in the WC  ;D

Crouch proving he could real play at all levels. Well done

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 04:02:41 PM »
Man, I hate that f...ing beanpole!!!

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 04:29:50 PM »
That was a super goal nice ball played in by Finnan I think it was

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 04:31:35 PM »
Call me a hater but I never liked Crouch. He is unbelievably over rated.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 04:35:09 PM »
Well done Crouch

doh like him but he is a good footballer. I givin props where props due.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Phensic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 04:48:33 PM »
Ah agree with Grande man, nuff respect to the effort and result.

Offline TnTVillan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 05:10:26 PM »

How de man looking like a octopus is only arm and leg everywhere.

Man, I hate that f...ing beanpole!!!

I agree de man is a cheat. Nuff said

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 05:33:20 PM »
Call me a hater but I never liked Crouch. He is unbelievably over rated.

co sign

Més que un club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 05:37:05 PM »
Crouch is an example of exposure increasing quality. He had some decent potential when he was at S. Hampton, but he was nothing close to what he is now.......exposure to int'l football and being able to play amongst more talented players at Liverpool (as opposed to S.Hampton)..has done him the world of good....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 05:46:39 PM »
Crouch is an example of exposure increasing quality. He had some decent potential when he was at S. Hampton, but he was nothing close to what he is now.......exposure to int'l football and being able to play amongst more talented players at Liverpool (as opposed to S.Hampton)..has done him the world of good....

more like, if yuh keep passing the ball to him in the box he bound to score one

Més que un club.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 05:53:27 PM »
well considerin you also see him attempting these types of falling volleys and frequently not scoring them (e.g. against us in the World Cup and i remember once an embarressing attempt at a scissors kick against Newcastle last season that saw him laughed off the pitch when he was substitued)

im not so surprised he finally scored one like that.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 06:39:09 PM »
most overrated piece of cheating ugly garbage ever to play the game.
Hart for president

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 06:51:18 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2006, 07:11:48 PM »
Allyuh good yes.. I always felt(look at past threads) that he was underated... I don't think he is great, but better than people perceive... Also saying he is a cheat is just stupid. I wanted T&T to beat England bad bad, and ah was blasted vex with the whole grabbing of de dreadlocks ting, but I am positive, if one of our players did that and scored a goal against Sweden or England and we had won de match, we would sing a different tune. I am not condoning what he did, but it is unfortunately a part of football, just like how players fake and dive in de box etc:

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006, 07:27:01 PM »
samo ill have to disagree with you there. And i dont want to open up this issue all over again. But grabbing someones hair consciously to lead to a goal is much more malicious than diving. A cheats a cheat, but there are diff levels of it, and his was the worst.
Hart for president

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 08:00:26 PM »
I'll never forgive him for what he did. He is clumsy looking and dotish. He is an average player who happens to be tall. He's still a clown. I hope that he and England and Liverpool crumble.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2006, 09:02:00 PM »
It was nice goal from not a nice guy.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2006, 09:05:27 PM »
Although as a Liverpool fan, I'm happy that Liverpool won their match against Galatasaray today, I'm not really a big fan of Crouch. He's okay as a player, but nothing too special.

I know that this is probably unrelated to this topic, but I just realized that it was two Liverpool players that scored against us at the WC! (Crouch and Gerrard). Talk about divided loyalties!

However, as a Trini, I always put country first!

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2006, 09:07:07 PM »
Rafa have a nice selection dilemma.  Bellamy and kuyt, Kuyt and Crouch, or Bellamy and Crouch.  Right now, tallest scoring every time he get the chance to play.

don't forget mark gonzalez....dat man is pure speed....if he get some exposure I feel he go mash up...

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2006, 09:30:27 PM »
I seriously doubt Crouch is a cheat. When footballers clash for a header there is bound to be some contact and it is not always shoulder to shoulder. Sometimes it is fair and sometimes, as in the case with Sancho and Crouch, it is unfair. Elbows on shoulders, pushing from behind, pulling shirts...it's all part of the game. Sancho's hair happens to be easy to pull..otherwise Crouch would have leaned into his shoulder with an elbow. Pretty much the same thing. I don't find the goal should have stood at all, and if the ref caught it, he most likely would have blown. ..but it was just a foul. A simple foul. Not the devious move of a cheat. I understand is T&T we talking bout, so posters moving patriotic, but if Stern or Yorkie had pull Ferdinand corn rows to score T&T first ever WC goal men woulda cry that the biased English press doctor de photo :devil: :devil:  In any case, nobody would be jumping to ridiculous snap judgements like Yorke is a cheater or Yorke is not a nice guy. Crouch didn't do anything that all strikers do not do every season. He just didn't get called for it and that is the ref and assistant ref's faults. Crouch seems like a decent enough fellow from his interviews. Doesn't sound like he has ever had it easy trying to convince anyone that he could make it as a footballer and has endured constant ridicule by the English press and his own fans with a lot of class. He actually seems like a pretty nice guy and humble to.  I for one think there is a little justice in the underdog proving his doubters wrong. Having said that..I hope Crouch and Liverpiles get some good cuta$$ this season.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2006, 09:37:30 PM »

Not my favorite player but I think he is underrated. Just like tallest men watch the man lanky figure and immediately came to the conclusion that he doh belong on the field The man netting and is not tap ins. If Stern was doing that what would we be all saying? He might not be a finesse player but the man doing he wuk. Nice goal!

We need to get over the WC. I am sure Sancho has.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 09:43:43 PM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2006, 09:41:02 PM »
dat kick was real sweet
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2006, 10:01:48 PM »
good goal, still have no love for him.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 10:01:57 PM »
I seriously doubt Crouch is a cheat. When footballers clash for a header there is bound to be some contact and it is not always shoulder to shoulder. Sometimes it is fair and sometimes, as in the case with Sancho and Crouch, it is unfair. Elbows on shoulders, pushing from behind, pulling shirts...it's all part of the game. Sancho's hair happens to be easy to pull..otherwise Crouch would have leaned into his shoulder with an elbow. Pretty much the same thing. I don't find the goal should have stood at all, and if the ref caught it, he most likely would have blown. ..but it was just a foul. A simple foul. Not the devious move of a cheat. I understand is T&T we talking bout, so posters moving patriotic, but if Stern or Yorkie had pull Ferdinand corn rows to score T&T first ever WC goal men woulda cry that the biased English press doctor de photo :devil: :devil:  In any case, nobody would be jumping to ridiculous snap judgements like Yorke is a cheater or Yorke is not a nice guy. Crouch didn't do anything that all strikers do not do every season. He just didn't get called for it and that is the ref and assistant ref's faults. Crouch seems like a decent enough fellow from his interviews. Doesn't sound like he has ever had it easy trying to convince anyone that he could make it as a footballer and has endured constant ridicule by the English press and his own fans with a lot of class. He actually seems like a pretty nice guy and humble to.  I for one think there is a little justice in the underdog proving his doubters wrong. Having said that..I hope Crouch and Liverpiles get some good cuta$$ this season.

Filho, i cant believe you are defending what he did by equating it to rough play and two guys simply going to challenge for the ball. Yes elbows and such are wrong and occur, and are premeditated for the most part. But to consciously decide to pull a man's hair on a header, that is low.
Hart for president

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2006, 07:39:28 AM »
Premeditated??? You think that Crouch say if that ball coming my way, I will pull this man dreadlocks ??? I am no professional player, but I play 3 times a week, twice indoors and 1 outdoor, sometimes some players record the games and I am suprised at some of the things that I do.. I pride myself for being honest and giving props when deserved, and I have argued that I have not done something, but when I watched the replay I am proven wrong... I don't know Crouch, but he does not appear to be a malicious player, who will plan to pull hair to gain an advantage.

1]; } ?>