April 29, 2024, 06:25:00 AM

Author Topic: WARRIORS START REGROUPING... Stern keen to work with new prospects  (Read 2450 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warriors start regrouping.
Stern keen to work with new prospects.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

National team head coach Wim Rijsbergen will begin his work with the National Senior team for Saturday’s friendly against Nicaragua with a morning and evening session at the Larry Gomes Stadium Malabar.
Rijsbergen and  other members of the team were carded to begin camp at the Crowne Plaza on Monday night with the overseas pros such as Stern John, Chris Birchall, Kenwyne Jones, Jason Scotland, Atiba Charles, Carlos Edwards and Avery John all reporting. Sunderland’s Dwight Yorke is expected in on Tuesday. Walsall will not release Sam as they reported he has picked up an ankle injury.
“The guys are coming in and it gives us a good chance to regroup again after the World Cup because several of the players were not there for the Japan game. This is all a process not just for these two games, but it’s all part of preparing for future competitions like the Gold Cup and the 2010 World Cup qualifiers. We will train twice at the Larry Gomes on Tuesday and then by midweek the full squad with people like Dwight will be in,” Rijsbergen told TTFF Media on Monday as he also looked on a National Under 20 team training session.
He added: “Again we will use the chance to have the overseas players linking with the local guys because this will no doubt play a positive part in their development. The fact is we will continue to look for players and include those who show promise and then try to aid them with development measures. We will also set up scouting sessions in the United States and Canada later on to have a look at what is available there."
Coventry City duo Stern John meantime will be hoping to appear in both games as the second one versus Panama next Wednesday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium could see him making his 100th senior international appearance for T&T. More importantly though, he’s also excited to see what are the future prospects for the national team.
“It’s always good to be here to play for the national team and me as a player, I always want to be out there and do well in front of the home fans. So this is a good chance to get two games in before the end of the year. But this is not just part of continuing where we left off at the World Cup but also to rebuild as well and it’s good to see some new faces getting the chance. I will be looking forward to working with the new kid who is in the forward line (Andre Toussaint) because he seems to be a decent prospect. Hopefully we can help guys like him and the others for the future,” John told TTFF Media.
And Toussaint, the W Connection standout, is also relishing the opportunity.
“I feel very proud to be selected in a squad with these guys but that’s not enough because now it’s down to working hard and trying to keep my spot,” Toussaint said on Monday. “This is not a chance to waste and I will be looking to see what improvements I can make to stay on the team for as long as possible. Seeing that Stern John and Dwight Yorke and the other World Cup guys are back makes it even better. I’ve worked with Stern before but now it’s different because it’s after the World Cup and it’s different kind of experience. This will be a nice challenge for me,” he added.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 05:32:46 AM by Flex »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: WARRIORS START REGROUPING... Stern keen to work with new prospects
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 07:22:02 PM »
Those who ent know, will find out on saturday for sure that Andre Toussaint is a genuine prospect for the future.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 08:56:43 PM »
I wonder if the sessions open to the public, I might go down and check out the evening session if i could get in
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 08:57:10 PM »
I wonder if the sessions open to the public, I might go down and check out the evening session if i could get in

walk with a video cam
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

TrinInfinite

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 09:29:40 PM »
they will be intense to say the least, the whip will want to make a statement and break de duck we have goin right now...

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 10:01:20 PM »
Hector Sam sustained an ankle injury and will not be joining the team for the 2 upcoming matches. Fuentes revised the article. The headline now reads, "WARRIORS START REGROUPING... Sam injured"

http://www.socawarriorstt.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=714&Itemid=2

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 10:07:23 PM »
I hope he call up hugton hector

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 06:18:35 AM »
Well, I am looking forward to seeing with my own eyes :o what some people here call 'the stern turn" apparently I am too young to have seen those... sure would be good to watch 2 or 3 of those hit the back of the net,eh? ;D

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 06:34:56 AM »
Toussaint is a good player I saw him 4 or 5 years ago playing in the PFL, I think he was on Joe Public. I was expecting him to be on the national team as a regular but I guss he fell off a bit. Nice to see he is back to good form.
His only issue is that he is a little small so he needs to learn how to play big. He can be a nice link up man for a forward man, working with a target man like Stern.

he should look at latas tapes and try to play that kind of game because he has the touches.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 06:59:32 AM »
All ole talk aside, Stern has been a loyal and dedicated player to the call of TNT football. Good to read of his leadership role to work with the younger players.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 07:03:27 AM »
Well, I am looking forward to seeing with my own eyes :o what some people here call 'the stern turn" apparently I am too young to have seen those... sure would be good to watch 2 or 3 of those hit the back of the net,eh? ;D

Sorry yuh will have to find some ole video clips of Stern...the turn has been parked up long time.

Since he injur he knee in 2000 he ent buss down that move.

Get a Columbus crew game or a Nottingham Forest game and yuh will see Stern at his subliminal best.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 11:35:39 AM »
Hector Sam sustained an ankle injury and will not be joining the team for the 2 upcoming matches. Fuentes revised the article. The headline now reads, "WARRIORS START REGROUPING... Sam injured"

http://www.socawarriorstt.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=714&Itemid=2

Ok....Sealy should be the automatic replacement.....without questions!!
Warrior For Life !!

1]; } ?>