April 27, 2024, 06:56:10 PM

Author Topic: Dundee United heading for T&T conflict.  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dundee United heading for T&T conflict.
« on: October 04, 2006, 08:24:05 AM »
Dundee United heading for T&T conflict.
By: Graeme Dey (Dundee Courier).

Dundee United’s Collin Samuel has flown to the Caribbean for international duty with Trinidad and Tobago.
However, United are demanding Samuel be released following Saturday’s friendly with St Vincent and report for training at Tannadice on Monday.
Under FIFA regulations Trinidad and Tobago are within their rights to lay claim to Samuel for the game with St Vincent and the follow-up fixture against Panama four days later.
However, United boss Craig Brewster has ordered Samuel to return ahead of the second game and had club officials contact the T&T Federation to advise them of this.
“If these were proper matches then I’d have no problem with Sammy going across there,’’ he said. “But we are talking about friendlies and I think the arrangement—that they can have him for the first game—we’ve put forward is a fair one.
“We’ve an important match with Celtic a week on Saturday and with the squad as thin as it is I don’t want to run the risk of Sammy remaining in Port of Spain for the second match then encountering travel delays as he makes his way back here.
“I have told him he must rejoin us on Monday.’’
The potential for conflict over this remains, though, with the T&T Federation having already contacted FIFA over United’s initial demand that the player be spared a call-up, and Samuel—who is looking to impress new coach Wim Rijsbergen—is very much facing a club versus country dilemma.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 09:54:13 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Dundee United heading for T&T conflict
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 08:49:27 AM »
let the man go back and play vs Cetic, cause if he stay to ride the bench or get a corbeaux sweat it aint go be cool, and he might right bench the rest of the season then not get selected by Wim again

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: Dundee United heading for T&T conflict
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 09:59:42 AM »
let the man go back and play vs Cetic, cause if he stay to ride the bench or get a corbeaux sweat it aint go be cool, and he might right bench the rest of the season then not get selected by Wim again

I dont think he starting right now anyway he needs to show his ability to whim .....whim droppin men like  is nothing he needs to stake his claim on a totally different note this new coach whimthere is a vibe about him im feelling and its not a positive one i dont feel he is a beneficial coach for this team he doesnt seema fit the chemistry with him seems off but Im just ramblin i hope he proves me wrong but im getting a bad vibe off of him.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Dundee United heading for T&T conflict.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 10:03:08 AM »

U sure that vibe is not from other people....cuz he has only had one match as coach.

It says alot that the players have come back to play for him and haven't asked to be excused for the most part.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 10:42:56 AM »

U sure that vibe is not from other people....cuz he has only had one match as coach.

It says alot that the players have come back to play for him and haven't asked to be excused for the most part.

I dont really feel they come back to play for him to be honest is for their country and i do know there are sanctions for players refusing call ups and such and you might be right the vibe is coming off of other people too...but its not the same the vibe leo put out as opposed to whim is different ...its one of thise things like calling it a gut feeling because thats all it is ive no proof of anything but  soemthing about him I dont know if the team will do wel under him

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 10:51:55 AM »
dese fellas (head coaches) does always keep day cards close to day chest, so some may have different ways of getting their points across than others and the difference may be what tying up some people. it could just be his way of dealing with the head coaching situation
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 11:35:33 AM by RedHowler »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 02:27:28 PM »
I think is the Yorke thing giving everybody ideas. Men saying: Yorke only playing one game, why my guy have to play both?

Of course, as stated many times before, you never see stories like this about England call-ups.
But that is how this world work. Wim have to do what best for his team. The player have to do what's best for him and his career, and the respective managers have to do the same.

The conflict will always happen.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

1]; } ?>