April 29, 2024, 04:23:54 AM

Author Topic: Anyone playing indoor Football over the winter in TO?  (Read 4833 times)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
Anyone playing indoor Football over the winter in TO?
« on: October 04, 2006, 08:32:03 AM »
I am looking for a pickup game or indoor torn. to join and play over the winter.  I am located downtown TO, I can TTC it to Scarborough or Markham or downtown.  Can my WN friends hook a brother up, doh want to get any fatter this winter LOL
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone playing indoor Football over the winter in TO?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 09:22:18 AM »
i have a friend working for an indoor league there...i will be heading across this weekend so i shall find out more and hit yuh a pm
Back in Trini...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 09:36:04 AM »
I use to play over at the Hangar in Etobicoke in the late 90's
I'm sure that league is still functional... season should have recently started too

Google them or i'll and check for you

One caveat...now dat you is a freshly minted married man,,yuh have to train yuh body for indoor rigors..AND .train your mind for off the field questions like

"whey you tink yuh goin?"
"Is the football that important?"
"why cant we lose weight together?"
"dont you care about my feelings?"
etc etc
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 09:44:10 AM »

:rotfl: ah see canada post drop off package yesterday wid some exercise dvd.. then getting talk bout.. "we starting to do this in the mawnin".. me eh know who sign me up yet...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 09:53:03 AM »

:rotfl: ah see canada post drop off package yesterday wid some exercise dvd.. then getting talk bout.. "we starting to do this in the mawnin".. me eh know who sign me up yet...

even if yuh doh know who sign yuh up.....bess yuh start lookin for some sweatin clothes dis evenin self oui
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 10:08:46 AM »
I use to play over at the Hangar in Etobicoke in the late 90's
I'm sure that league is still functional... season should have recently started too

Google them or i'll and check for you

One caveat...now dat you is a freshly minted married man,,yuh have to train yuh body for indoor rigors..AND .train your mind for off the field questions like

etc etc

Doh start nah, de wife done start with "Why you want to play football?" and "Who going to play football with you?" and this is the best "Yu can't play football anyway, so why you want to play?"

The best answer I came up with was "Doh bother me nah, I have dis outside woman dat I want to check".  I never thought that I would be using dat as a lie to go kick ball :rotfl: :rotfl: :'(

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 10:21:53 AM »
i have a friend working for an indoor league there...i will be heading across this weekend so i shall find out more and hit yuh a pm

Thanks NY

TrinInfinite

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 05:12:43 PM »
dragon still have yuh wedding gift breddah :'( but organic does play in oakville in an indoor league, ah thinkin of joinin... :beermug:

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 06:31:41 PM »
http://www.soccertoronto.com/leagues/men/3

I found this online worth a shot

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 08:27:07 PM »
a brazillian fella here at work was telling me about one in mississauga. he's scouting some others though. will pass on when i find out more.

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 10:22:27 PM »
Plenty indoor leagues in the GTA boss....the challenge is finding a team to join.

I find that one of the better leagues is on a Sunday at a place called Clearlee. Its Warden and St. Clair and they have about six divisions. It is very competitive and very talented. They ususally have notices on the boards asking if anyone looking to join a team.

The Hanger at Sheppard and Keele has weeknight and weekend leagues.

In 'Sauga there is Soccercity at Eglinton and Renforth and in Woodbridge there is the coffe time at I think Weston and 7.

I retire from competitive play but I will keep a look out if I hear anybody looking for players.

well yes

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 07:20:59 AM »
Thanks guys, I'm looking to play with cool people who like the game and all that fun stuff.  Anyway I'll keep looking too.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 07:24:06 AM »
Eh Dragon, I suppose to be playing at the Hangar on Thursdays.........the league aint start yet! You should log onto the hangar website.........It have a section for players looking for teams. The team I wid done have 14 players, but if a spot open up I will pM you  :beermug:

Bless

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 07:26:46 AM »
dragon still have yuh wedding gift breddah :'( but organic does play in oakville in an indoor league, ah thinkin of joinin... :beermug:

You have to check organic to see if the reg. still open but I think it closed on the 24th of Sept.  Check with Organic and see

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 07:29:21 AM »
Plenty indoor leagues in the GTA boss....the challenge is finding a team to join.

I find that one of the better leagues is on a Sunday at a place called Clearlee. Its Warden and St. Clair and they have about six divisions. It is very competitive and very talented. They ususally have notices on the boards asking if anyone looking to join a team.

The Hanger at Sheppard and Keele has weeknight and weekend leagues.

In 'Sauga there is Soccercity at Eglinton and Renforth and in Woodbridge there is the coffe time at I think Weston and 7.

I retire from competitive play but I will keep a look out if I hear anybody looking for players.

Dat is the thing, I want to play but I doh want to bench when I dey because I doh know de people and all that drama.  Know what I mean, if you know people on de team den I will come out. 

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 07:30:13 AM »
Eh Dragon, I suppose to be playing at the Hangar on Thursdays.........the league aint start yet! You should log onto the hangar website.........It have a section for players looking for teams. The team I wid done have 14 players, but if a spot open up I will pM you  :beermug:

Bless

Thanks man Ras, keep me in de loop

Offline naparima

• <Insert Interesting Comment Here>
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 09:21:32 AM »
hey good idea :)
if yuh hear anything downtown and the environs... lemme know!!
i trying not to get fatter too!!
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2006, 03:49:39 PM »

etc etc

Doh start nah, de wife done start with "Why you want to play football?" and "Who going to play football with you?" and this is the best "Yu can't play football anyway, so why you want to play?"

The best answer I came up with was "Doh bother me nah, I have dis outside woman dat I want to check".  I never thought that I would be using dat as a lie to go kick ball :rotfl: :rotfl: :'(

wow, i thought i was the only one that had to endure my wife's complaints every time i want to go and kick some football.  glad to know it have others like me out there.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2006, 10:46:41 PM »

etc etc

wow, i thought i was the only one that had to endure my wife's complaints every time i want to go and kick some football.  glad to know it have others like me out there.

Brother I with you in the trenches.  I remember when I would go to the gym for hours and run ball after dat for hours.  Had the body of a Greek god and everything.  All dat gone to hell, all the hours doing ab work goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :-\ :'( :'( :'( :'(  No worries I still love de wife.

1]; } ?>