April 25, 2024, 06:00:53 AM

Author Topic: Boyz to play 'big' friendlies at The Office, says JFF boss  (Read 2544 times)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Boyz to play 'big' friendlies at The Office, says JFF boss
« on: October 17, 2006, 06:07:50 AM »

PAUL A REID, Observer writer
Tuesday, October 17, 2006

MONTEGO BAY - The Jamaica national football team should be kept busy through the end of the year as a number of internationals have been lined up, says president of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), Crenston Boxhill.

Boxhill told the Observer on Sunday that two international friendlies have been lined up for December - one which will be against a European opponent here in Jamaica.
The president did not go into details about the games in December, but said the visiting team would be a "quality opposition". It is understood that the European team took part in the recent FIFA World Cup Finals and is ranked in the top 35 on the latest FIFA rankings. Jamaica are scheduled to play South America's Peru on November 15 at the National Stadium.

When asked whether the JFF would lobby either CONCACAF or CONMEBOL (the South American confederation), for a place in their tournaments as an invited team, Boxhill said the idea was a good one, but one that would have to be discussed with the executive.

Jamaica were knocked out of the first round of the Caribbean Football Union's Digicel Caribbean Cup tournament, thus killing off hopes for the CONCACAF Gold Cup tournament next year.

Boxhill explained that the first priority of the JFF was to secure the services of an internationally-known technical director and said the federation's hope was to secure the signature of the Serbian Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic.

Asked about plan B should they fail to secure the services of the Serbian-born Milutinovic, Boxhill said the federation had completed a shortlist of coaches they wanted to work with, but presently the focus is on securing the services of Milutinovic.

Both Boxhill and Milutinovic were at Jarrett Park on Sunday to watch the National Premier League fixture between Portmore United and host Wadadah.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Boyz to play 'big' friendlies at The Office, says JFF boss
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 06:10:42 AM »
As a gift/favour TnT presents to Jamaica  a choice of TNT coaches:

Gally, Corneal ( choose from two), Nahkid or BSC.

Why Jamaica eh want ah friendly with we? yuh know it eh go be friendly, it go be War!!!!

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 07:36:57 AM »
As a gift/favour TnT presents to Jamaica  a choice of TNT coaches:

Gally, Corneal ( choose from two), Nahkid or BSC.

Why Jamaica eh want ah friendly with we? yuh know it eh go be friendly, it go be War!!!!

Its not a matter of Jamaica not wanting a friendly with you...its more of Jack Warner dioesnt want to play Jamaica.

And the coaches you listed above.....let them coach teh Tobago national team  ;D

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 08:14:09 AM »
When asked whether the JFF would lobby either CONCACAF or CONMEBOL (the South American confederation), for a place in their tournaments as an invited team, Boxhill said the idea was a good one, but one that would have to be discussed with the executive.

Jamrock beggin for a run . :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 09:15:01 AM »

Jamrock beggin for a run . :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think they should beg even harder. You never know! I cant see CONCACAF "inviting" us to teh Gold Cup...perhaps more liklihood of securing an invitation to the South American tournamnt...but even that is a long shot.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 09:25:03 AM »
yuh start back to post eh RF i guess you happy JA getting a game
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 10:01:10 AM »
You know we does laugh at Jamaica Football and put them down etc etc but one thing i can say is that they always trying,weather they win,loose or draw they always have a regular supply of international games,for a non WC qualifying team how do they get games against those big name teams and we can't,we always have to be begging some small team for a game and most times we have to go to their country to play them,i don't think money is our problem or we are not good hosts teams don't like coming home.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 10:09:55 AM »

Bossman, any little positive news I hear I have to take it and run with it. I'm so pumped right now about us possibly getting Milutinovic to coach us, and pretty pleased that the Jamaica Government has offered up the money to take care of his salary.

Also, cant let you know how elated I am to see us getting at least three quality games between now and the end of the year, with the European teams and Peru..to go along with the recent Canada win.

It might be a case of too little too late though, we are already bumped out of the Gold cup and Caribbean cup.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 10:11:26 AM by Reggaefan »

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 10:17:54 AM »

MONTEGO BAY - The Jamaica national football team should be kept busy through the end of the year as a number of internationals have been lined up, says president of the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), Crenston Boxhill.

Boxhill told the Observer on Sunday that two international friendlies have been lined up for December - one which will be against a European opponent here in Jamaica.
The president did not go into details about the games in December, but said the visiting team would be a "quality opposition". It is understood that the European team took part in the recent FIFA World Cup Finals and is ranked in the top 35 on the latest FIFA rankings. Jamaica are scheduled to play South America's Peru on November 15 at the National Stadium.

Jamaica were knocked out of the first round of the Caribbean Football Union's Digicel Caribbean Cup tournament, thus killing off hopes for the CONCACAF Gold Cup tournament next year.

Boxhill explained that the first priority of the JFF was to secure the services of an internationally-known technical director and said the federation's hope was to secure the signature of the Serbian Velibor 'Bora' Milutinovic.

Asked about plan B should they fail to secure the services of the Serbian-born Milutinovic, Boxhill said the federation had completed a shortlist of coaches they wanted to work with, but presently the focus is on securing the services of Milutinovic.

Both Boxhill and Milutinovic were at Jarrett Park on Sunday to watch the National Premier League fixture between Portmore United and host Wadadah.

RF doh  get yu hopes up bredda.  wid de way Jamaica have been playing of lately I honestly dont see anyone comming from europe to play aginst de boyz.. I aint trying to be an ass here yu know de love I have de reggaeboyz . But am being real ..Jamaica have played wid there C team against Canada ..Then used there B team against Canada in the return game.. Jamaica needs to play there A team for about 6 games straight and I gurantee wins in all those games , nuh matter who de Boyz pla..this C team and B team dat is being used is wutless dem jes mekin Jamaica football look bad . No  european team gona mek dat trip to play gainst a pick up side.. trus mi.. I say play de locals but when yu getting yu ass beat mi sey send fi de fareigners.. a so mi sey.. This B team and C team thing aint wrking trus mi..
war...
2010 Jamaica and Trini for sure..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 10:45:26 AM »

Bossman, any little positive news I hear I have to take it and run with it. I'm so pumped right now about us possibly getting Milutinovic to coach us, and pretty pleased that the Jamaica Government has offered up the money to take care of his salary.

Also, cant let you know how elated I am to see us getting at least three quality games between now and the end of the year, with the European teams and Peru..to go along with the recent Canada win.

It might be a case of too little too late though, we are already bumped out of the Gold cup and Caribbean cup.

Wonder if these matches will be shown on TVJ SORTS NETWORK or FOX SOCCER CHANNEL JAMAICA.  :devil:
jjbrown

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 11:22:09 AM »

RF doh  get yu hopes up bredda.  wid de way Jamaica have been playing of lately I honestly dont see anyone comming from europe to play aginst de boyz.. I aint trying to be an ass here yu know de love I have de reggaeboyz . But am being real ..Jamaica have played wid there C team against Canada ..Then used there B team against Canada in the return game.. Jamaica needs to play there A team for about 6 games straight and I gurantee wins in all those games , nuh matter who de Boyz pla..this C team and B team dat is being used is wutless dem jes mekin Jamaica football look bad . No  european team gona mek dat trip to play gainst a pick up side.. trus mi.. I say play de locals but when yu getting yu ass beat mi sey send fi de fareigners.. a so mi sey.. This B team and C team thing aint wrking trus mi.. war...

my my my we have changed our tune!

dat is exactly how Jamaicans feal Trus mi.. No likkle island like st vincent should beat Jamaica trus mi.  man mad but St Vincent has Jamaica and Trinidad  marked for death trus mi..and They came at JA like that . So big up ST vincent.. I am happy very much pleased dat Jamaica aint begging no fareign based to come back for games lkie this..lets see how much locals will be playng for TNT is this cup.. SM yu done see dat de fassie coach TNT have done say TNT doesnt have a local 11 to play football.  1.2 million people and this jackass coach cya geta local squad him haffi send for man from england to play shit squad like Nicaragua and Panama... ( or yes I know Panama beat Ja but didnt st vincent run cirlcles around de warriors just last year)
let de board light up man,  fete allyuh fellas fete , JA lost.. bunch a fools on this forum dread.. ..  allyuh fellas is serious kicks.  I say Play local nuh mater if dem loose play de locals please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! digicel cup nuh mean nothin to Jamaica is wrld cup dey care bout . dat is de only thing dat matters "wrl cup 2010"
Samuel yu is de only man who mekin sense dread .. a lost is alway dissapointed especilly when Jamaicans feal even if they put a local club team they shouldnt loose to SVG..

war..

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 11:28:46 AM »

RF doh  get yu hopes up bredda.  wid de way Jamaica have been playing of lately I honestly dont see anyone comming from europe to play aginst de boyz.. I aint trying to be an ass here yu know de love I have de reggaeboyz . But am being real ..Jamaica have played wid there C team against Canada ..Then used there B team against Canada in the return game.. Jamaica needs to play there A team for about 6 games straight and I gurantee wins in all those games , nuh matter who de Boyz pla..this C team and B team dat is being used is wutless dem jes mekin Jamaica football look bad . No  european team gona mek dat trip to play gainst a pick up side.. trus mi.. I say play de locals but when yu getting yu ass beat mi sey send fi de fareigners.. a so mi sey.. This B team and C team thing aint wrking trus mi.. war...

my my my we have changed our tune!

dat is exactly how Jamaicans feal Trus mi.. No likkle island like st vincent should beat Jamaica trus mi.  man mad but St Vincent has Jamaica and Trinidad  marked for death trus mi..and They came at JA like that . So big up ST vincent.. I am happy very much pleased dat Jamaica aint begging no fareign based to come back for games lkie this..lets see how much locals will be playng for TNT is this cup.. SM yu done see dat de fassie coach TNT have done say TNT doesnt have a local 11 to play football.  1.2 million people and this jackass coach cya geta local squad him haffi send for man from england to play shit squad like Nicaragua and Panama... ( or yes I know Panama beat Ja but didnt st vincent run cirlcles around de warriors just last year)
let de board light up man,  fete allyuh fellas fete , JA lost.. bunch a fools on this forum dread.. ..  allyuh fellas is serious kicks.  I say Play local nuh mater if dem loose play de locals please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! digicel cup nuh mean nothin to Jamaica is wrld cup dey care bout . dat is de only thing dat matters "wrl cup 2010"
Samuel yu is de only man who mekin sense dread .. a lost is alway dissapointed especilly when Jamaicans feal even if they put a local club team they shouldnt loose to SVG..

war..

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
War get make out yes.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 03:39:43 PM »

RF doh  get yu hopes up bredda.  wid de way Jamaica have been playing of lately I honestly dont see anyone comming from europe to play aginst de boyz.. I aint trying to be an ass here yu know de love I have de reggaeboyz . But am being real ..Jamaica have played wid there C team against Canada ..Then used there B team against Canada in the return game.. Jamaica needs to play there A team for about 6 games straight and I gurantee wins in all those games , nuh matter who de Boyz pla..this C team and B team dat is being used is wutless dem jes mekin Jamaica football look bad . No  european team gona mek dat trip to play gainst a pick up side.. trus mi.. I say play de locals but when yu getting yu ass beat mi sey send fi de fareigners.. a so mi sey.. This B team and C team thing aint wrking trus mi..
war...

eh eh. Well, we have a full strength Peru confirmed for Next month, and it looks like the Europen team will be confirmed by th end of this week.
The european team has specifically requested we use our full squad......

Offline fatman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 04:14:32 PM »
 i maintain no caribbean country has put the infrastructure in place to be a consistant threat in concacaf far less the world we are always a rene simoes ,leo beenhacker or now a multivinovich away from success . success will come to jamaica under the new coach when he goes if systems of administration and proper path ways to success are not put in place their football will drop ,trinidad be ware the same faith awaits you .i am currently studying in britain they are already putting things in place for the 2012 olympics ,china hve been preparing their athletes for 2007 since 1997.success with out succession is failure in dis guise.

1]; } ?>