May 31, 2024, 06:18:27 PM

Author Topic: Senior T&T footballers hang up their boots (breaking news)  (Read 21344 times)

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Senior T&T footballers hang up their boots (breaking news)
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2006, 08:35:25 AM »
I don't know why so much people surprised at this,is years now different groups,teams,individuals etc have been trying this,some have been banned for life,some wiped off the face of the map,some stick around but have to keep quiet.

I very much appreciate and thank the true professionals(Soca Warriors)for doing this,the locals can't do it,this is what going overseas does for our players,the ball game changes TTFF,as Yorke once said he don't need our money but he knows his teamates does especially the locals and i quess this is the stand he is taking.

I've always said is only when you are directly involved you will know how much of what's going on affects you,these are the things that have been affecting the way we play for decades,you can see things are not right with our players,they are too inconsistent,nothing is ever done or made public and the abuse continues,i feel terible for our Youth teams no one ever stands up for them and you know none of them will ever dear stand up and talk,poor guys they want to play for T&T.

Don't raise your pressure,this is history in the making someone have to do it and i like how thw Soca Warriors are useing their fame so that Football and Footballers in general can benifit in the future,to achieve anything sacrifices have to be made,what's beating me is people still talking about the government, are they to still give the TTFF 40 million. 

THUMPS DESK Loudly....

Remember last time when Yorke and latas made a stand what happend.. the country was angry, and cursed and damded them..  Look at Nahkid.. I hope this time around its different.
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2006, 08:36:34 AM »
I don't know why so much people surprised at this,is years now different groups,teams,individuals etc have been trying this,some have been banned for life,some wiped off the face of the map,some stick around but have to keep quiet.

I very much appreciate and thank the true professionals(Soca Warriors)for doing this,the locals can't do it,this is what going overseas does for our players,the ball game changes TTFF,as Yorke once said he don't need our money but he knows his teamates does especially the locals and i quess this is the stand he is taking.

I've always said is only when you are directly involved you will know how much of what's going on affects you,these are the things that have been affecting the way we play for decades,you can see things are not right with our players,they are too inconsistent,nothing is ever done or made public and the abuse continues,i feel terible for our Youth teams no one ever stands up for them and you know none of them will ever dear stand up and talk,poor guys they want to play for T&T.

Don't raise your pressure,this is history in the making someone have to do it and i like how thw Soca Warriors are useing their fame so that Football and Footballers in general can benifit in the future,to achieve anything sacrifices have to be made,what's beating me is people still talking about the government, are they to still give the TTFF 40 million.  

Who feels it knows it.  As you said...dis eh happenin now.  Dis happenin from since in Harold Taylor dem days.  It jes get worse as de years pass.

I doh hold out much hope for the effectiveness of this action by the players, as commendable and NECESSARY as it is, but if it does help to bring about effective and MEANINGFUL change in the way football administration is run in our country, perhaps the Soca Warriors greatest legacy would not be for their deeds on the field, but off of it.

Kudos to them!

Nice post Coop's.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WARRIORS WALK-OUT
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2006, 08:48:35 AM »

Where is the player's association....where is it.

Dammit these guys need to use the body that they already created so these things can be handled properly.

Is Dwight the leader of an unofficial association or is this just how it going to be?
Haphazard.  TTFF not going to do them any favours until they organize themselves.  At least they have solidarity....take it further!!!  It for their own good and the good of future players.

Breds where you was?  Players association?  hahahahahahahaha

Allyuh bad mouth poor Nahkid when he say what he had to say!

Man does get ban for life from de TTFF when they stand up.  \\This is NOT, definitely NOT haphazard!

You disappointed, but this is what yuh does call EFFECTIVE industrial action...in fact it is a stroke of genius by the players.

Dey finally stand up and say...f**k you TTFF, do what is right or else!
       I agree with you here,TTFF needs the players just as much as the players need them,they can't function without players,i wonder if this is a sign of the walls are starting to cruble.   

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2006, 08:54:58 AM »
It sounding dotish that men like Birchall and Glen retiring from international football. We all know this not happening.
Listen you hear that sound ....it's the sound of the TTFF getting bitch SLAPPED!!!!  :rotfl:

Im not sure what you are trying to suggest but i only call it as i see it. The players need to take a stance but is saying that they are going to retire realistic?

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2006, 09:02:38 AM »
The players made they mastersroke to let the chips fall where they may .Next move TTFF and Jackular,who justed got punked and embarassed internationally  :rotfl:. Nodody knows what will happen
someplayers might never return "retired" who knows ,we just have to wait and see  :beermug:

It sounding dotish that men like Birchall and Glen retiring from international football. We all know this not happening.
Listen you hear that sound ....it's the sound of the TTFF getting bitch SLAPPED!!!!  :rotfl:

Im not sure what you are trying to suggest but i only call it as i see it. The players need to take a stance but is saying that they are going to retire realistic?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 09:30:27 AM by Compre Version 2:0 »

Offline Phensic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2006, 09:32:40 AM »
Well this is not the fist time the players have taken such an action...I am not sure what to make of all of this.  The fact that Yorke and company did not take any questions indicates to me that they do not want the facts made public just yet hoping this action will kick the TTFF into effrn gear.  If the dispute is based on commitments made during our WC campagin then does that mean it also should include  men like Whitley, Theobold, Andrews etc (playes not present at)?

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2006, 09:33:12 AM »
Im happy that these guys are holding TTFA to task for not living up to the contract.  I also hope that they use the momentum to hold TTFA and the government to task for the necessary support and funding that is needed for SA 2010.  Enough is enough, time for these jackasses in suit and tie to do the right thing by others.  With all that said I hope that they are still focused enough to beat SVG and Panama, this will make their bargaining power much stronger, losses could be detrimental.  I am willing to sign the petition and im sure I can get more people on board.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2006, 09:58:08 AM »
today is meh birthday and i wake up to this thing.......  >:( ??? >:( ??? >:( ???

A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2006, 09:59:49 AM »
This is a great move by the players. Things MUST get worse before it can get better. This is a step forward in many ways. Well done gentlemen , well done.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2006, 10:12:46 AM »
Trinbago had a post of the course of action we could take as a collective unit....any official word on if we will follow through with any form of protest either during or after the game....???? Let man know early please...Also the TTFF said in there statement that if the players did not change their plans to protest and boycott the game, they (TTFF) would announce their plans by 12pm today what they would be doing...any word yet on whats happening??
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2006, 10:15:22 AM »
Trinbago had a post of the course of action we could take as a collective unit....any official word on if we will follow through with any form of protest either during or after the game....???? Let man know early please...Also the TTFF said in there statement that if the players did not change their plans to protest and boycott the game, they (TTFF) would announce their plans by 12pm today what they would be doing...any word yet on whats happening??

Well the players made a comitment to play the 2 games..  But I feel I will call de TTFFnow to see what taking place!

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2006, 10:24:45 AM »
The game has become secondary: It is not about the game anymore. Once the dust has settled, one could see that there is an agenda which has not been  revealed or disclosed.

This is about many ideologies and isms and the game and the ordinary man  is caught in the middle.

I mean TNT gave yuh astart; yuh get contact; yuh get  world wide recognition ; yuh get contract; yuh went WC' yuh get millions; oh lawd what more do yuh want? ah mean yuh want a life time of royalities?
I mean ah going from anger to schock to real  anger at  all.....ah want tuh see the player's side ah want to see but there is a bigger picture here: the TNT  fan population; the supporters; a nation cannot and ought not to be held at ransom by few; we experienced this in the 90's at the red house we eh need to experience this in the foot balll arena.

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2006, 10:37:09 AM »

Well the players made a comitment to play the 2 games..  But I feel I will call de TTFFnow to see what taking place!

Ok Juess spoke to Mr Shaun Fuentes.. He said so far there has been no change on any stance either TTFF or the players association.... So Game on.... For now.!!

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2006, 10:37:20 AM »
The game has become secondary: It is not about the game anymore. Once the dust has settled, one could see that there is an agenda which has not been  revealed or disclosed.

This is about many ideologies and isms and the game and the ordinary man  is caught in the middle.

I mean TNT gave yuh astart; yuh get contact; yuh get  world wide recognition ; yuh get contract; yuh went WC' yuh get millions; oh lawd what more do yuh want? ah mean yuh want a life time of royalities? I mean ah going from anger to schock to real  anger at  all.....ah want tuh see the player's side ah want to see but there is a bigger picture here: the TNT  fan population; the supporters; a nation cannot and ought not to be held at ransom by few; we experienced this in the 90's at the red house we eh need to experience this in the foot balll arena.

Some ah allyuh really make me wonder yes >:(

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2006, 10:46:36 AM »
Alberta Trini, yuh getting me confused. The other thread you started seems to salute the socawarriors and hints at their current stance possibly being their finest hour. Then here now on another post, you talk about them holding the fans to ransom. Please explain where you are coming from. You are a person known for extensive lyrics and one who knows how to express himself. This is a defining moment for many of us as supporters in clarifying what our principles are. You have a responsibility to speak clearly.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2006, 10:47:55 AM »
Alberta Trini..I really doh know wha 2 say about yuh..a Still tryin to figure out what yr take is on dis whole bacchanal...on one thread u talkin bout solidarity with d players and bring out the placards and on another u sayin that the players holding the country to ransom...WHO U REALLY FOR??

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2006, 10:51:13 AM »
Alberta Trini, yuh getting me confused. The other thread you started seems to salute the socawarriors and hints at their current stance possibly being their finest hour. Then here now on another post, you talk about them holding the fans to ransom. Please explain where you are coming from. You are a person known for extensive lyrics and one who knows how to express himself. This is a defining moment for many of us as supporters in clarifying what our principles are. You have a responsibility to speak clearly.

U read meh mind dey Dreamer...Alberta confusing d hell outa meh right now...

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2006, 11:00:21 AM »
We need to get a petetion going in support of the warriors. I sugest the following:

1. Local Warrior Nation members show up at the gates with signs in protest or wear arm bands during the match making it known in a declared press release.

2. Get e-maill addresses for TTFF (every address possible) and blast them expressing our disappointment and disgust.

3. Phone calls: both local and foreign but in an organized manner for them to feel the effect

4. Written petition hand delivered to them with a copy sent to the media

5. Posts on TTFF's website( very useul tool) expressing our view so its in their face

6. Locals could look for when TTFF officials arrive for the game and call them "out"

7. Ato Boldon can be very useful here

8. I am sure Boynes would love to join in so the same things can be done to the ministry of Sport

9. Call the radio statios

10. Call the TV stations

11. Protest right after the game

What allyuh think ??

OK I makin moves:

I will start my sending an email to TTFF followed up by a phone call. I will post a copy of the email on here,

If youa re a true Warrior the time to stand up and be counted is now !!  Come On Warrior Nation....

Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation

24 Dundonald Street
   P.O. Box 400 Port of Spain
   Trinidad and Tobago
Email: info@socawarriorstt.com

tel 868-623-7312

fax 868-623 8109

Warrior For Life !!

Offline oconnorg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2006, 11:04:02 AM »
Just a note.. Been trying to call the TTFF with all the number we have on file for them and NO ANSWER.. been calling for 30 mins..

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2006, 11:08:38 AM »

I mean TNT gave yuh astart; yuh get contact; yuh get  world wide recognition ; yuh get contract; yuh went WC' yuh get millions; oh lawd what more do yuh want? ah mean yuh want a life time of royalities? I mean ah going from anger to schock to real  anger at  all.....ah want tuh see the player's side ah want to see but there is a bigger picture here: the TNT  fan population; the supporters; a nation cannot and ought not to be held at ransom by few; we experienced this in the 90's at the red house we eh need to experience this in the foot balll arena.

The game has become secondary: It is not about the game anymore. Once the dust has settled, one could see that there is an agenda which has not been  revealed or disclosed.

This is about many ideologies and isms and the game and the ordinary man  is caught in the middle.

I mean TNT gave yuh astart; yuh get contact; yuh get  world wide recognition ; yuh get contract; yuh went WC' yuh get millions; oh lawd what more do yuh want? ah mean yuh want a life time of royalities? I mean ah going from anger to schock to real  anger at  all.....ah want tuh see the player's side ah want to see but there is a bigger picture here: the TNT  fan population; the supporters; a nation cannot and ought not to be held at ransom by few; we experienced this in the 90's at the red house we eh need to experience this in the foot balll arena.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bottom line is this: like everyone, I  reacted with shock and dismay at the events. It being objective, I am seeing that both parties are  coming at this  with self interest and separate agenda. Both parties want  some  gratification to please  self. I ask the question who is looking after the interest of the fan? who is seeking the interest of the betterment of football in the natiion? what messages is this passing along to  the footballers who are coming up?

Has there been a form of injustice incurred by members of our senior team? Is this the proper way to deal with the situation? So as I  sit back and try to deipher the events, I would say that to make a stance on behalf of the fans. I would recommend a Boycott of the game and have the TTFF and the palyers stage their own event in a vacant stadium.

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2006, 11:17:46 AM »

The game has become secondary: It is not about the game anymore. Once the dust has settled, one could see that there is an agenda which has not been  revealed or disclosed.

This is about many ideologies and isms and the game and the ordinary man  is caught in the middle.

I mean TNT gave yuh astart; yuh get contact; yuh get  world wide recognition ; yuh get contract; yuh went WC' yuh get millions; oh lawd what more do yuh want? ah mean yuh want a life time of royalities? I mean ah going from anger to schock to real  anger at  all.....ah want tuh see the player's side ah want to see but there is a bigger picture here: the TNT  fan population; the supporters; a nation cannot and ought not to be held at ransom by few; we experienced this in the 90's at the red house we eh need to experience this in the foot balll arena.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bottom line is this: like everyone, I  reacted with shock and dismay at the events. It being objective, I am seeing that both parties are  coming at this  with self interest and separate agenda. Both parties want  some  gratification to please  self. I ask the question who is looking after the interest of the fan? who is seeking the interest of the betterment of football in the natiion? what messages is this passing along to  the footballers who are coming up?

Has there been a form of injustice incurred by members of our senior team? Is this the proper way to deal with the situation? So as I  sit back and try to deipher the events, I would say that to make a stance on behalf of the fans. I would recommend a Boycott of the game and have the TTFF and the palyers stage their own event in a vacant stadium.

I hear yuh and,  if we do decide to boycott as a body...we should still make our way to the stadiuim but remain outside with placards...we should also contact the media and make them aware of our planned boycott and a statement should come from the local reps of WN through to media about our dis-satisfaction with the way everthings is being conducted...and that the fans our the ones who suffer the most s...We must let the public know that we arent taking anyside but we seek the interest of the fans and TT football only fullstop...

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2006, 11:19:10 AM »

I hear yuh and,  if we do decide to boycott as a body...we should still make our way to the stadiuim but remain outside with placards...we should also contact the media and make them aware of our planned boycott and a statement should come from the local reps of WN through to media about our dis-satisfaction with the way everthings is being conducted...and that the fans our the ones who suffer the most s...We must let the public know that we arent taking anyside but we seek the interest of the fans and TT football only fullstop...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW WE TALKING!!!!!!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2006, 11:20:27 AM »
Please comment or add before I send out. Everyone can use the same letter, but we need to get our response out. Additionally if we can get a copy to the press, Ato, Shaun Fuentes, and all the media houses I95.1 and I will also post it on TTFF's website:

07/10/06

TTFF:

It is unfortunate that in the our year of our glory and at the time when we have to  be aggressive in laying a foundation for WC2010 we have promises that were made to our heroes not being honored.

The TTFF is capable of righting this ship and still has the opportunity to do so. All the players have asked for is what was rightly theirs. TTFF has a history of inept management and lack of decorum in dealing with its players. If this situation was a “one of” we the supporters would say okay lets move on, but this is a continuing pattern over the last 15years. We the supporters cannot see our game and more so our heroes that got us to the ultimate dream get disrespected in that way.

This is the tipping point for the TTFF and you can do the right thing and start getting your act together or you may open a can of worms with all the supporters and followers. This is not meant as a threat but that our appreciation, love and respect for football and our players is one we will not take for granted and by the TTFF’s doing will be bring all of our collective disappointments accumulated over the years to a head. I do not think the TTFF’s want to see that monster.

Again, while we appreciate all of  your hard work, with all due respect do the right thing.

Respectfully
Supporter
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 11:28:23 AM by trinbago »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline JabJab

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2006, 11:25:50 AM »
We need to get a petetion going in support of the warriors. I sugest the following:

1. Local Warrior Nation members show up at the gates with signs in protest or wear arm bands during the match making it known in a declared press release.

2. Get e-maill addresses for TTFF (every address possible) and blast them expressing our disappointment and disgust.

3. Phone calls: both local and foreign but in an organized manner for them to feel the effect

4. Written petition hand delivered to them with a copy sent to the media

5. Posts on TTFF's website( very useul tool) expressing our view so its in their face

6. Locals could look for when TTFF officials arrive for the game and call them "out"

7. Ato Boldon can be very useful here

8. I am sure Boynes would love to join in so the same things can be done to the ministry of Sport

9. Call the radio statios

10. Call the TV stations

11. Protest right after the game

What allyuh think ??

OK I makin moves:

I will start my sending an email to TTFF followed up by a phone call. I will post a copy of the email on here,

If youa re a true Warrior the time to stand up and be counted is now !!  Come On Warrior Nation....

Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation

24 Dundonald Street
   P.O. Box 400 Port of Spain
   Trinidad and Tobago
Email: info@socawarriorstt.com

tel 868-623-7312

fax 868-623 8109

Any suggestions on a general format for the emails or just let TTFF know that fans eh liking what we see from dem.

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2006, 11:26:22 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:

OK boss. More power to you.

As a fan I am in full support of Dwight Yorke and they seeking their own interests. Trini is full ah fair weather fans so when we no longer have to beg ppl to go to games talk to me about seeking the fans' interest.

I don't know what is your idea of betterment but I don't see how players standing up for their rights is not betterment. And you starting an org for 'betterment'. Good luck to you and yours....another case of the blind leading the blind.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 11:28:55 AM by Trini_fan »

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2006, 11:30:27 AM »
Trinbago I like the e-mail, but im startin to see the point Alberta Trini is making...maybe we shou;ld protest by boycotting the game...we still go to the stadium but remain outside...it will send a stronger message to the TTFF and players..we should also encourage other persons who mmay be going that aren't WN members to remain with us outside in solidarity for TT football and for the love of the game..we must be clear to not take anysides, especially when we don't have all the info surrounding dis bacchanal...We are a supporter group and should try and be neutral...Ah know  It will be extremely difficult to not attend the game, but by sending dis message, dis may force both the TTFF and players to come to an agreement, especially as we have another game coming up..We can still send e-mails but we must act now and quickly and organize....let us decide what we are going to do within this hour.....time is passing and we haven't achieved anything whole morning...Let meh hear alyuh?? Oconnor leh we know what to do boss??

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2006, 11:39:45 AM »
Please comment or add before I send out. Everyone can use the same letter, but we need to get our response out. Additionally if we can get a copy to the press, Ato, Shaun Fuentes, and all the media houses I95.1 and I will also post it on TTFF's website:

07/10/06

TTFF:

It is unfortunate that in the our year of (delete: our)   glory and at the time when we have to  be aggressive in laying a foundation for WC2010 we have promises that were made to our heroes not being honored.

The TTFF is capable of righting this ship and still has the opportunity to do so. All the players have asked for is what was rightly theirs. TTFF has a history of inept management and lack of decorum in dealing with its players. If this situation was a “one of” we the supporters would say okay lets move on, but this is a continuing pattern over the last 15years. We the supporters cannot see our game and more so our heroes that got us to the ultimate dream get disrespected in that way.

This is the tipping point for the TTFF and you can do the right thing and start getting your act together or you may open a can of worms with all the supporters and followers. This is not meant as a threat but that our appreciation, love and respect for football and our players is one we will not take for granted and by the TTFF’s doing will be bring all of our collective disappointments accumulated over the years to a head. I do not think the TTFF’s want to see that monster.

Again, while we appreciate all of  your hard work, with all due respect do the right thing.

Respectfully
Supporter

The part in bold is sounding a bit too emotional given the tone of your letter. Maybe consider revising
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 11:41:18 AM by Trini_fan »

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2006, 11:43:32 AM »
Two points:

1. While I may have commented a little different(different thread) earlier I can understand the players tact. If they waited till after the both games, their negotiating power would be nill. The TTFF had more than ample time and occsasions to start distributing some of the monies owed to at least some of the players. NONE was given out. If they waited till Monday for the scheduled meeting who would have done the negotiating? Yorke would have been back in England. Not that the rest of the players are not able of negotiating for themselves but they look up to Yorke as their leader in such matters as well as their captain.

2. With repect to protesting out side, while it is a good tool, just how effective is it going to be. What do you think is the ratio of support on the website here compared to the number of people in Trinidad as well as those who will make it to the game if they didn't change their minds already. The website support far outnumbers the numbers that can be gotten standing outside the stadium. I am not saying those who can shouldn't. Im saying all of us on here which is in the majority for Soca Warrior support on and offline, should use this oppurtunity to let our collective voices be heard. Our only way right now aside from those attending the game is phone calls and emails.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 11:45:27 AM by trinbago »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2006, 11:44:32 AM »
Trinbago I like the e-mail, but im startin to see the point Alberta Trini is making...maybe we shou;ld protest by boycotting the game...we still go to the stadium but remain outside...it will send a stronger message to the TTFF and players..we should also encourage other persons who mmay be going that aren't WN members to remain with us outside in solidarity for TT football and for the love of the game..we must be clear to not take anysides, especially when we don't have all the info surrounding dis bacchanal...We are a supporter group and should try and be neutral...Ah know  It will be extremely difficult to not attend the game, but by sending dis message, dis may force both the TTFF and players to come to an agreement, especially as we have another game coming up..We can still send e-mails but we must act now and quickly and organize....let us decide what we are going to do within this hour.....time is passing and we haven't achieved anything whole morning...Let meh hear alyuh?? Oconnor leh we know what to do boss??

Apperently an agreement was reached, and according to Anna and his boys the TTFF didn't live up to their end. The Camps, Groden & Warner  have to stop running OUR federation  like a private company, and recognize that they represent our football. The players MUST understand that we are in support of them, because as I have said so many times before this game is about the Players and their fans.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2006, 11:48:10 AM »
well i in utter shock here...reach toronto today chilling wit frenz and say lemme check de board in preparation for de game tonite and see all dis goin on...
TTFF does jus screw we over..i wish i was home to join allyuh fellas in protest if yuh decide to do it...
a sad sad day in our football
Back in Trini...

1]; } ?>