February 22, 2024, 08:15:13 AM

Author Topic: T&T U-20 vs T&T Senior Team  (Read 5723 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T U-20 vs T&T Senior Team
« on: October 04, 2006, 06:28:28 PM »
Ah hear dis match will take place tomorrow (Thursday) at de Hasely Crawford Stadium at 5 PM.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: T&T U-20 vs T&T Senior Team
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 06:30:54 PM »
If this is true I think it will be free.

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 06:34:20 PM »
Nice opportunity for de yutes! :beermug:

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 06:55:46 PM »
what's the status for the FIFA U-20 qualifications?
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 07:00:26 PM »
maybe a bit off-topic, but here is a result from the Canadian and Czeck U-20 as they prepare for the FIFA U-20

Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Canada shows potential against European FIFA U-20 World Cup qualifier

Ottawa, Ontario - The Canadian men’s U-20 team faced a strong Czech Republic squad in Prague earlier today. Considered to be one of the top teams in Europe, the talented Czechs earned a 2-0 win over Canada. Both teams will be present at the FIFA U-20 World Cup Canada 2007 scheduled for June 30-July 22 of next year.

Canada’s eleven was clinical in their defensive third throughout the first half, measuring tall against a determined and skilful Czech attack. The young Canucks also displayed some offense of their own, sharing the first half possession with the Czechs. Come the half time whistle, Canada had held the home team to a scoreless 0:0 draw.

The top ranked European team did manage to put one past Canadian goalkeeper and Alberta native, Asmir Begovic in the 56th minute. The Czech goal scorer Okleštěk, demonstrated great composure and skill in the box, taking a cross from the wing and knocking a blistering volley into the back netting.

While down 1:0, led by forward Andrea Lombardo, Canada displayed some attacking flair, creating a series of opportunities late in the match. Their efforts fell short but were a testament of what the future holds for this young Canadian team.

Late in the game, as a result of a low hard free kick entering the box and creating a scramble, the Czech’s Procházka scored a second with a close range shot in the 86th minute.

This encounter was a good test for the Canadian squad as the Czech Republic qualified for the FIFA U-20 World Cup Canada 2007 by reaching the UEFA European U-19 Championship semi-finals in Poland in July 2006.

'I think the score line may have been a little harsh today as there were chances for both teams,” said head coach Dale Mitchell. “What you can’t deny is the quality of the opposition in making and taking their’s.'

Canada will face the Czech Republic again on Friday, October 6th in Prague.

Match report:

October 4, 2006 – International Friendly
U20 Canada vs. U20 Czech Republic
Time: 4:30pm
Location - FK Marila Pribram, Czech Republic
Canada 0(0)
Czech Republic 2(2)

Goals: Czech Republic - Okleštěk (56), Procházka (86)
Cautions: Canada - Lombardo (82); Czech - Jeslinek (87)

Canada: 1-Begovic, Asmir; 2-Lacoste-Lebius, Olivier; 3-O’Connor, Kent; 4-Beaulieu-Bougault, Jonathan; 5-Lumley, Stephen (12-Attakora-Gyan, Nana 66); 6-Edgar, David; 7-Peters, Jaime; 8-Nunez, Cristian (15-Ayre, Keegan 72); 9-Lombardo, Andrea (13-Di Ioia, Massimo 82); 10-Johnson, Will (16-Gray, AJ 45); 11-Haber, Marcus (14-Lammie, Shane 45) Substitutes not used: 17-Ling, Landon; 22-Monsalve, David
Head Coach: Dale Mitchell
Substitutes not used: 17-Ling, Landon; 22-Monsalve, David

Czech Republic: 16-Frystak, Tomas; 2-Held, Michal; 3-Pavlik, Petr; 4-Pimpara, Jiri; 6-Kudela, Ondrej; 8-Oklestek, Tomas; 10-Mares, Jakub (15-Strestik, Marek 45); 11-Prochazka, Jiri; 12-Uchytil, Jan; 13-Micola, Tomas; 18-Jeslinek, Jiri
Head Coach: Miroslav Soukup
Substitures not used: 5-Simunek, Jan; 7-Kalouda, Lubos; 9-Fenin, Martin; 14-Hanzlik, Ales; 17-Suchy, Marek; 1-Petr, Radek
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 07:03:23 PM »
boy if jonatahn de guzman decide  to  join the Canadian team it will be thunder.. this team is good.... they will give a good account of themselves next year
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 08:07:32 PM by triniman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 11:47:13 AM »
Ah hear dis match will take place tomorrow (Thursday) at de Hasely Crawford Stadium at 5 PM.

Called TTFF they confirmed it, the game is at 5pm as Tallman said, free admission....I go make a pass
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 11:50:38 AM »

Called TTFF they confirmed it, the game is at 5pm as Tallman said, free admission....I go make a pass

De match will only be an hour long (two 30 min halves.)
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 12:17:24 PM »
take pictures nuh
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 12:27:18 PM »

De match will only be an hour long (two 30 min halves.)

basically...doh be late.

Offline shooter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 12:48:22 PM »
boy if jonatahn de guzman decide  to  join the Canadian team it will be thunder.. this team is good.... they will give a good account of themselves next year
meh  teamate plays for the canadian team....he play with we here at university of mobile....his name is David Monslave the sub keeper not used in that match....this is his first semester here ...since he come here in august this is he second trip to europe with the canadian national team they went to belgium earlier in september and now he in chezc...i spoke to him today and he told me the game was pretty good....TTFF has to do a better job in preparing the U20 for this tournament...Canada is hosting this u20 world cup next year....he was saying to me that jonatahn de guzman is considering playing for the dutch that is why he not going and play any games with canada at the moment.....the federation needs to vibes it up and let we produce some strong youth teams...bless....experience and exposure is very critical...

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 04:55:43 PM »
any update ?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 05:30:19 PM »
Just reach home.

Score: Seniors 1 (Stern John)  U20 0

Comments shortly.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 05:57:34 PM »
Just reach home.

Comments shortly.

So U20 played really good, or seniors played really bad?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 06:47:16 PM »
The game was played at a decent pace which was pleasant surprise considering that is was a friendly. Dont't read too much into the scoreline. The seniors created about 7 good chances in the game 3 came in the 1st half.

1st half

Jan-Michael Williams, Cyd Gray, Atiba Charles, Avery John, Dennis Lawrence, Christopher Birchall, Carlos Edwards, Collin Samuel, A darkman, Jason Scotland, Kenwyne Jones

4-4-2

The U20 created 3 good chances that were missed by the same foward. There is a long haired player on the left side of midfield who played very well. We didn't look too impressive. We did not possess the ball well. Birchall should have scored but hit the bar.

2nd half

Marvin Phillip, Nigel Daniel, Dennis Lawrence, Cyd Gray, Dwyane Jack, Dwight Yorke, Christopher Birchall, Kerry Baptise, A Red Man, Andre Toussaint, Stern John.

4-4-2

Stern scored and had good link play with the midfield(he and Yorke got to into stadium late.) Yorke was impeccable (you could see the class in him). We had much better possession and had better transition from defense into attack. The U20 created only 1 chance in the 2nd half. Stern missed 2 chances but I was more upset with Toussaint. His touches were poor. You could see what he was trying to do but it just wasn't coming off.

Final 1-0 to the seniors.

Conclusion
A good work out for the guys. I was very pleased with their professional approach to the game. One major moment of the evening was seeing the WC men from the 1st half together with WC men from the 2nd half who came separate themselves before the start of the 2nd half to talk. Stern was fairly animated. Coming down to the end I saw Stern ordering Nigel Daniel to do something I couldn't figure out if he wanted the ball played a certain way or if he want him to make a foward run.

The U20s have a decent touch and a few good players. I would like to see them again. They fowards were ineffective though.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 07:50:11 AM by Flex »

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 06:48:26 PM »
Just reach home.

Comments shortly.

So U20 played really good, or seniors played really bad?

Just got back from the game, Senior team won 1-0. The Senior team didnt gell together in the 1st half...

The u-20's looked more hungry and actually forced Williams to make a few saves...The passed well and weren't the least bit intimidated playing there superiors...

Williams, Cyd, Lawrence, Carlos A. John, Birchall, Samuel, Scotland, K. Jones started in the 1st half...didnt make out the other guys...the 2nd half came with all the guys except Birchall, Lawrence and Cyd being replaced...Yorke, Stern, Toussaint, Marvin Phillips came on along with some other guys from the PFL...They looked uch better than the team that played in the 1st half although not great, the battle was mostly in the middle of the field.....Stern scored from a cross ball about 5-7 mins after the 2nd half resumed...all in all it was a decent work out for the U-20's who I think would have benfited much more from the scrimmage....
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 06:54:33 PM by Warrior King »
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 07:33:39 PM »
how did keon daniel look

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2006, 07:35:27 PM »
thanks for the match report fellas

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2006, 07:39:36 PM »
Ganga ???

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2006, 07:40:34 PM »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2006, 07:41:39 PM »
how did keon daniel look
Is he dark or kinda red ?

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2006, 07:52:49 PM »
Ganga ???
Sorry Ganja (Nigel Daniel)
Oh ..any way thanks for the report fellars ,hopefully this game knock the cobwebs off ,and they could finish of what they started in the Wc ,show us what they reelly wanted to do ,and knock een a few !

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2006, 07:57:02 PM »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2006, 08:08:48 PM »
A guess he would have been the player in midfield who I didn't recognise. He was decent, he made few errors. But you could see him being led on the team. Lawrence was fairly vocal throughout the game.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2006, 08:15:40 PM »
A guess he would have been the player in midfield who I didn't recognise. He was decent, he made few errors. But you could see him being led on the team. Lawrence was fairly vocal throughout the game.

WAS JAVED ON THE TEAM?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2006, 08:16:32 PM »

Conclusion
A good work out for the guys. I was very pleased with their professional approach to the game. One major moment of the evening was seeing the WC men from the 1st half together with WC men from the 2nd half who came separate themselves before the start of the 2nd half to talk. Stern was fairly animated. Coming down to the end I saw Stern ordering Nigel Daniel to do something I couldn't figure out if he wanted the ball played a certain way or if he want him to make a foward run.

I would appreciate some insight from former players and coaches about this. Having only a fan's experience may not allow me to judge the situation accurately.

I have a view but I would like to hear your thoughts first.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2006, 08:19:11 PM »

WAS JAVED ON THE TEAM?

Yeah,that is the player.
Javed Who ?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2006, 08:33:44 PM »

WAS JAVED ON THE TEAM?

Yeah,that is the player.
Javed Who ?

JAVED Mohammed the indian guy

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2006, 08:57:19 PM »
I presume you  would talking about the U20s. I don't remember seeing him.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2006, 08:59:58 PM »
I presume you  would talking about the U20s. I don't remember seeing him.

ok seen

1]; } ?>